PDA

View Full Version : The passion of petrus

DEgiants89
01-11-2012, 11:41 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-sound-efx/09000d5d825e9dda/Sound-FX-Falcons-vs-Giants

Just watch right after the Falcons get the safety. Love the fire

jomo
01-11-2012, 11:43 PM
I love the kid. He'll find a way to play more for us next year.

FourthAndOne
01-12-2012, 12:00 AM
What the hell is he saying?

GameTime
01-12-2012, 12:01 AM
he's a psycho....:)

jhamburg
01-12-2012, 12:07 AM
I wonder how much footage they have to scrape through to find clips without profainity

VegasGmen
01-12-2012, 12:08 AM
They had to beep out Jacobs. Love Petrus dude is crazy.

nycisgreat
01-12-2012, 12:10 AM
he's a psycho....:)

LMFAO, I was thinking the same thing. He reminded me of Uncle Vito. I couldn't understand a word he said.

kaufman512
01-12-2012, 12:12 AM
LOL what a nut

gmen0820
01-12-2012, 12:18 AM
Passion of Fewell as well. Incredible.

GiantWarfare
01-12-2012, 12:21 AM
LOL what a nut

LMAO...love the kid's passion/fire!!!

JMFP2
01-12-2012, 01:33 AM
That was ****ing terrific.

Itlan
01-12-2012, 01:38 AM
Bradshaw was like "man, calm the **** down, it was one play. You crazy white boys scare me."

Itlan
01-12-2012, 01:42 AM
The best part of that video is Jacobs sitting next to Eli: "You a beast man... I can't say that enough." Haha, love this team!

B-Red22
01-12-2012, 01:48 AM
Even his rookie season last year, every time a play was made and ended up close to our sideline you could see him screaming on the sideline and patting our players on the back. Kid has crazy passion for the game.

Pop it Ahmad
01-12-2012, 02:38 AM
Even his rookie season last year, every time a play was made and ended up close to our sideline you could see him screaming on the sideline and patting our players on the back. Kid has crazy passion for the game.

Gotta love it.

Gav_devils#56
01-12-2012, 04:45 AM
Deon was totally on the money with those comments about the spot as well, good stuff!

DEgiants89
01-13-2012, 12:51 AM
Bradshaw was like "man, calm the **** down, it was one play. You crazy white boys scare me."

haha yeah I was about to say that no one said anything about Bradshaw's reaction. He was like bro chill.

GiantsFan27
01-13-2012, 02:08 AM
found this is an article a few weeks back.

Right. Except pressure and Petrus don’t go together, not outwardly, anyway. He fidgets when he sits and isn’t any calmer when he plays. Right after Petrus learned he was about to get his first start, he approached Snee and the other linemen to express his excitement.

“The guys wanted to make sure I wasn’t going to be spastic,’’ Petrus said.

“I like that intensity,’’ Snee said. “I just wanted to make sure he was calm. Not to be bouncing off the walls before the game, which he was close to doing.’’

Petrus certainly didn’t dominate Packers defensive tackle B.J. Raji but he wasn’t dominated.

“Sometimes we have to calm him down a little bit,’’ Boothe said. “He brings a lot of energy, which is good, it’s needed. He’s a talker, even when we don’t want him to talk.’’

Petrus’ parents and some friends will be making the six-hour drive from Arkansas for the game.

“I go all out, man,’’ he said. “Don’t want to play with any regrets. I don’t want to waste the ability I’ve been blessed with.’’

i love his fire/passion, but it sounds like he can be kind of annoying to the other players. if he's always like he was with bradshaw in that clip, it would get old really fast if i were his teammate.

RagTime Blue
01-13-2012, 02:56 AM
That doesn't seem like the kind of energy that's productive. But hey, that was after a rough play.

meanseen
01-13-2012, 03:04 AM
haha i love it. anyone see his initial walk over to bradshaw...looked like a little kid with his arm flailing and bouncing

Seducer
01-13-2012, 09:20 AM
haha i love it. anyone see his initial walk over to bradshaw...looked like a little kid with his arm flailing and bouncing</P>

Every time I saw him at that game he was flailing his arms around. </P>

TheAngryTuna
01-13-2012, 09:20 AM
I didn't understand much he said, but I do think I caught "He ate my salad" in there somewhere, lol. Great video, as if I didn't need more of a reason to get pumped up for Sunday. I actually am miserable right now because I don't have work today so I have nothing to occupy my time other than thinking about how it's still over 48 hours till the game!

nygsb42champs
01-13-2012, 09:33 AM
He has that true offensive linemand nasty streak.

Ruttiger711
01-13-2012, 10:06 AM
You watch him and at no point would you ever think this is a job... pure passion and energy that looks like he may even have a hard time containing - guy's amped to say the least. </P>

</P>

</P>

egyptian420
01-13-2012, 10:24 AM
lmao was going to make a thread about this just now, this guy is hilarious. Bradshaw looked as if he wanted to say "calm the F down bro, its all good"....Love it though, he's already been pretty reliable and I don't think we'll ever have to worry about him being lazy

GMENAGAIN
01-13-2012, 10:28 AM
It's no coincidence that we had a big running play on the first play that Petrus went in to replace Snee . . . . .love this guy

Blue Monday
01-13-2012, 10:33 AM
LOL. Too funny.

@MikeGarafolo
Mike Garafolo
I've watched this Petrus clip six times since @TheOriginalGMan sent it. It gets funnier every time. #PetrusSpeak nfl.com/videos/new-yor…

@MikeGarafolo
Mike Garafolo
He starts, "I can't, I can't live with myself." Then: "...bait...Kareem...he hanged backside... I'm sorry man...now I know." #PetrusSpeak

@TheOriginalGMan
The Original G Man
@MikeGarafolo I like Brashaw's reaction: "It's okay, Mitch. It's okay" like Petrus is Chris Farley beating himself up in "Tommy Boy"

miked1958
01-13-2012, 10:49 AM
I love the kid. He'll find a way to play more for us next year.</P>

yes like his fire. i have also seen where Baas has gotten fired up a few times... i like that</P>

C1010
01-13-2012, 02:03 PM
I hope Petrus has a bigger role soon for the Giants. I like his intensity, you need that in the line.

egyptian420
01-13-2012, 02:20 PM
<div class="tweet-row">
<span class="tweet-user-name">
MikeGarafolo (https://twitter.com/#%21/MikeGarafolo)
<span class="tweet-full-name">Mike Garafolo</span>
</span>
<div class="tweet-corner">
<div class="tweet-meta">
<span class="icons">
<div class="extra-icons">
<span class="inlinemedia-icons js-icon-container"></span>
</div>
</span>
</div>
</div>
</div>

Bradshaw, on the Petrus clip
I retweeted, after saying Mitch brings energy, laughed + said: "I was
just trying to get away from him."

lmao

TheAngryTuna
01-13-2012, 03:11 PM
lmao

Raptor22
01-13-2012, 03:19 PM
I love it.

I've been saying since before the bye week that the line NEED Petrus in it. He brings the same sort of energy that Suebert did... and in a hugely athletic package.

I sincerely hope that Petrus is our starting LG next year. Once he learns to focus that energy, and fine-tunes his technique, he could be another Snee-type guard.

RedskinHater
01-13-2012, 03:30 PM
Must have ADHD ! Hope he holds off on
his meds until the season ends ;-)

Axels15
01-13-2012, 04:06 PM
That ref Grant was arguing with, wasn't he the same one who gave the bad spot on the Nicks catch?

Itlan
01-13-2012, 04:24 PM
<div class="tweet-row">
<span class="tweet-user-name">
MikeGarafolo (https://twitter.com/#%21/MikeGarafolo)
<span class="tweet-full-name">Mike Garafolo</span>
</span>
<div class="tweet-corner">
<div class="tweet-meta">
<span class="icons">
<div class="extra-icons">
<span class="inlinemedia-icons js-icon-container"></span>
</div>
</span>
</div>
</div>
</div>

Bradshaw, on the Petrus clip
I retweeted, after saying Mitch brings energy, laughed + said: "I was
just trying to get away from him."

lmao
LMFAO.

repeatchamps
01-13-2012, 04:29 PM
<DIV class=tweet-row><SPAN class=tweet-user-name>MikeGarafolo (https://twitter.com/#%21/MikeGarafolo) <SPAN class=tweet-full-name>Mike Garafolo</SPAN> </SPAN>
<DIV class=tweet-corner>
<DIV class=tweet-meta><SPAN class=icons>
<DIV class=extra-icons><SPAN class="inlinemedia-icons js-icon-container"></SPAN></DIV></SPAN></DIV></DIV></DIV>

Bradshaw, on the Petrus clip I retweeted, after saying Mitch brings energy, laughed + said: "I was just trying to get away from him."

lmao
LMFAO.</P>

ROFLMFAO! </P>

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/public/style_emoticons/default/laugh.png</P>

This must have been the way Bradshaw was feeling at that moment lol:</P>

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/public/style_emoticons/default/facepalm.png</P>

Eli TO Shockey
01-13-2012, 04:47 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this entire thread. thank you.[:D]

ps: petrus is a BEAST!

Ruttiger711
01-13-2012, 04:50 PM
That ref Grant was arguing with, wasn't he the same one who gave the bad spot on the Nicks catch?</P>

I'm positive it was... and i remember seeing that play ...its like he was correcting Nicks' short spot by over compensating and giving Atlanta a more than favorable one. </P>