PDA

View Full Version : What's Your Giants Ritual?

RugDaniels
01-11-2012, 11:52 PM
I have a certain shirt that I only bring out for big games. I also have Giants shirts that I retire for the season once they've seen more than one loss...

Anyone else have a routine for watching the Giants or something they bring out only when the Giants need the extra juice?

Before the Atlanta game I found the only working VCR in my house and popped in my well worn copy of 'Giants Among Men'. It's an NFL Films production and commerates the legendary 1986 season and Super Bowl XXI.

fourth&forever
01-12-2012, 12:08 AM
I crack a brew as the ball is kicked off and chug before it reaches the return man.
This sometimes helps the Giants but it always helps me.

titwio
01-12-2012, 12:11 AM
Don't know if I have a ritual but it's weird for me cause I actually get nervous before a game almost as if I'm playing in the game myself.

Also I like throwing things when they're losing....Does this count as ritual?

smashndash715
01-12-2012, 12:18 AM
my brother bought me an autographedfootball with every1 on it from last year..i always bring that out and hold it while wearing my tuck jersey or phillips jersey with my giants blanket tied like a cape lol

titwio
01-12-2012, 12:27 AM
my brother bought me an autographedfootball with every1 on it from last year..i always bring that out and hold it while wearing my tuck jersey or phillips jersey with my giants blanket tied like a cape lol

You seriously need to post a pic...lol

fourth&forever
01-12-2012, 12:29 AM

+1 thats a great visual. do it!

GiantWarfare
01-12-2012, 12:45 AM
Don't know if I have a ritual but it's weird for me cause I actually get nervous before a game almost as if I'm playing in the game myself.

Also I like throwing things when they're losing....Does this count as ritual?

Hahaha, you just described me...though, in a particularly devastating loss, I'm just a sulking angry drunk.

I used to be a wall-puncher, till I realized I did nothing but damage my hand, and I used to be a thrower till I realized I was breaking my own things...

Sulking is much better...lol

smashndash715
01-12-2012, 01:20 AM

+1 thats a great visual. do it!

alright ill put it up before the game

CruzMissle
01-12-2012, 04:12 AM
Beers, lots of them. And I always watch the games with my old man, no one else. Mom usually has to take cover in her room because we get nuts by the third quarter.

BlueBlitzer
01-12-2012, 08:00 AM
A very silly ritual for 32 years. I have eaten thousands of ice cold meals because I would only eat when the Offense was on the field. ( Its a good thing it was mostly Hero sandwichs in the 1970's , where 3 and out was the norm ) lol

Dabluguy
01-12-2012, 01:50 PM
Been wearing my Blue Eli Jersey every game since the jets game. I will wear it through the playoffs and I'm also sporting the playoff beard . Its really itching me now but if we win it will be all wort it.

SIMMS5611
01-12-2012, 01:55 PM
I own 3 jerseys, 1 vintage, 1 Home, &amp; 1 Away, that I wear in no perticular rotaion. But when they </P>

lose, that one goes back into the rotation, and a fresh one comes on.</P>

I've been rocking my #70 Huff Home jersey, which also happens to be my oldest one (15 yrs old)</P>

for the past 3 weeks. Needless to say, try &amp; guess which jersey I'll be in on Sunday at 4:30pm?</P>

BlueBlooded1979
01-12-2012, 02:28 PM
I have to watch the game in my kitchen on a a 40in LED tv instead of the media room 82in DLP TV.
It started with the first Cowboy game I went to the kitchen to eat and they came back in epic fashion. Watched the Skins game in from the media room.

Watched the Jets, Boys round 2 and NFCWC in the kitchen.

giantfanatic
01-12-2012, 02:51 PM
I tune in Papa and Banks - turn off the Fox or whatever audio and get the game audio a few seconds before the play. I like knowing what is going to happen when the ball is snapped. It has cut down on the anxiety.
I also message during the game via the Official Game Day Thread. Try to stay positive, but some of the posters are a hilarious and it also cuts down on the anxiety.

MikeIsaGiant
01-12-2012, 05:24 PM
Been wearing my Blue Eli Jersey every game since the jets game. I will wear it through the playoffs and I'm also sporting the playoff beard . Its really itching me now but if we win it will be all wort it.

Doing this with my JPP jersey

THE_New_York_Giants
01-12-2012, 05:26 PM
I cant take a leak during the game...

RugDaniels
01-12-2012, 06:18 PM
I watched all four playoff games w/ my father during the 2007 run. Something I'll never forget. I'm thinking of driving down to watch the game w/ him Sunday.

My mother has been watching my father watch football for over 30 years and still doesn't care about the games.

egyptian420
01-12-2012, 06:25 PM
I tune in Papa and Banks - turn off the Fox or whatever audio and get the game audio a few seconds before the play. I like knowing what is going to happen when the ball is snapped. It has cut down on the anxiety.
I also message during the game via the Official Game Day Thread. Try to stay positive, but some of the posters are a hilarious and it also cuts down on the anxiety.
Really? If I knew the plays before they happened I would kill myself, thats such a spoiler.

I used to watch the game while I chat with my buddy over xbox live and he would totally ruin it because I was streaming the game online so I was delayed since he was watching it on TV. I'd be watching the guys coming out of the huddle and my buddy yells "Pick!" and I'd be so pissed off lol.

miked1958
01-12-2012, 09:35 PM
I have a certain shirt that I only bring out for big games. I also have Giants shirts that I retire for the season once they've seen more than one loss...

Anyone else have a routine for watching the Giants or something they bring out only when the Giants need the extra juice?

Before the Atlanta game I found the only working VCR in my house and popped in my well worn copy of 'Giants Among Men'. It's an NFL Films production and commerates the legendary 1986 season and Super Bowl XXI.
Sit in same spots, lay out certain giants jerseys in certain spots. Three other things going now that I can't say anything about cause I dont want to jinx it. All three working. Have not lost since. Will let u know after we win SB

egyptian420
01-12-2012, 09:42 PM
I'm basically just standing while anticipating defensive plays, pacing around back and forth, a lot of jumping around, high 5's with my brother, lot's of yelling and screaming and waking up my mom and annoying our neighbours (perhaps the entire neighborhood)

qbdesperate
01-12-2012, 10:09 PM
I have 6 Giants Jerseys -
One is a Lawrence Taylor Superbowl 25 throwback and authentic
3 Superbowl 42 authentic superbowl jerseys (white on red trim). An Eli, Osi, and Buress jersey. My other two are regular Strahan & Eli blue jerseys.
Now, if I am not screaming during the entire game, I usually start wearing a strahan jersey - because more often than not, for some reason that gives the team luck(no, I am not superstitious). If after a couple of plays and things aren't going right, I switch to an Osi shirt. If we are winning I don't switch throughout the remaining game, but if things are tight, I go to an Eli shirt (blue first). So, in other words, I usually rotate jerseys and never go back to the same one - obviously I watch at home a lot. If I am out, I just stick with the jersey I am wearing. Ironically, I don't have a favorite, somehow just before the game I choose one and start with that. I know, this is a sad ritual . . .but it works for me.

krygny
01-12-2012, 10:35 PM
No matter what I try, I can't seem to correlate anything I do with the outcome of the game. Can you believe that? But when I do figure it out, the Giants will never ever lose another game as long as I live. I'll abuse the **** out of that juju.

GMan883
01-13-2012, 12:57 AM
been wearing my away Eli jersey for all away games, and Tuck home blue jersey for all home games. (was working during the Jets couldn't wear a jersey)
But with the recent wins, and defense stepping it up, i think i am going to wear Tuck again this week. I also went to last two games at the stadium, wearing my Giants snow hat. Gonna be hot inside, but i may wear that as well.

Also, i haven't shaved since a few days before the cowgirl game. Really itchy, but i will GLADLY grow it til February, pending a couple of wins.

TheEnigma
01-13-2012, 06:31 AM
I noticed this year that our record when wearing any of my jerseys (Eli, Strahan, or Jacobs) was 5-7. Anytime I might of forgot to put it on and only had on my Giants boxers (don't tease!) we went 4-0. Obviously, I haven't wore my jerseys in awhile.

lttaylor56
01-13-2012, 03:47 PM

+1 thats a great visual. do it!I gotta see a pic of that. haha

Dabluguy
01-13-2012, 07:31 PM
*been wearing my away Eli jersey for all away games, and Tuck home blue jersey for all home games.* (was working during the Jets couldn't wear a jersey)
But with the recent wins, and defense stepping it up, i think i am going to wear Tuck again this week. I also went to last two games at the stadium, wearing my Giants snow hat. Gonna be hot inside, but i may wear that as well.*

Also, i* haven't shaved since a few days before the cowgirl game.* Really itchy, but i will GLADLY grow it til February, pending a couple of wins.

Uck my neckbeard is killing me to lol. My facial hair grows like weeds.

eric12401
01-14-2012, 09:27 AM
I toy around with different outfits to see how the games go.. Since the Jets game, I've worn brown PJ pants (not sure why..), Giants socks, Giants t-shirt with a Giants fleece over top and a random pair of boxers... and it's doing well so far!

CruzMissle
01-15-2012, 10:56 PM
I tune in Papa and Banks - turn off the Fox or whatever audio and get the game audio a few seconds before the play. I like knowing what is going to happen when the ball is snapped. It has cut down on the anxiety. .

Amen! I made a radio vs TV thread a while back and this is why I listen to the radio to. No delay. And I love going by the crowd because they see it first. So if we're home and I hear the crowd go nuts before the announcer I know they see something. Vice versa for when on the road, like today.

CruzMissle
01-15-2012, 10:57 PM
I tune in Papa and Banks - turn off the Fox or whatever audio and get the game audio a few seconds before the play. I like knowing what is going to happen when the ball is snapped. It has cut down on the anxiety. .

Amen! I made a radio vs TV thread a while back and this is why I listen to the radio to. No delay. And I love going by the crowd because they see it first. So if we're home and I hear the crowd go nuts before the announcer I know they see something. Vice versa for when on the road, like today.

gfl21213
01-15-2012, 11:06 PM
At Thanksging, my sister gave me a carl banks signed game jersey, that she bought, of all places, at a new england pats fund raiser auction.
Started wearing it before Jets game

Voldamort
01-15-2012, 11:17 PM
I wear my Giants champion 2007 locker room shirt,with my Giants mesh coaching shorts!! I bring out two jersery's Bavaro 1990 superbowl and Carson with the spiderlockhart patch from the superbowl 1986!!! with my lucky gnome my boss gave me at christmas it's 4 and 0!!!

mainegiantsfan
01-15-2012, 11:17 PM
I cant take a leak during the game...Great one!Got a good chuckle on that one. If you don't have a DVR, time to invest.

G-Menace
01-16-2012, 01:52 AM
Been wearing my Blue Cruz jersey since I attended the Jets/Giants game (week 16) .. wear it every game now..... I also try not to talk smack or rub losses in rivals faces day of the game...

michaelb823
01-16-2012, 03:25 AM
seriously? anything philly?

Suejon10
01-16-2012, 06:16 PM
Not to wear any Giants clothing all weekend before game. I live in saints country and don't want to gloat to soon, so I wait for the day after then I gloat. Especially today. Might quiet in saints country.

Boyz in Blue
01-16-2012, 08:43 PM
I can only wear jerseys I owned for years. Every time I buy a new one for myself, that player is gone, history, outta here. So, I definitely wear Bavaro and have had Tuck for a bit. I dare not buy any new jersey or they're gonna start dropping like flies.

Giants10Joe
01-16-2012, 11:28 PM
I've never really had a game day ritual, but lately I've gotten (to quote Eli) "a little stitious." I wore my Superbowl XLII t-shirt against the first game against Dallas. I wore something else against the Redskins so when we lost I decided to break it out again against the Jets. I've worn it every game since. The Giants are on a 5 game winning streak when I wear it. I like to think I'm channeling the magic of 2007 to the current team when I wear it, even though I know that's not really the case. Needless to say, I will be wearing it again against the 49ers.

nygfan7387
01-16-2012, 11:48 PM
My Giants ritual is to make 1000 status posts on facebook during the game...And since the Jets game, at the end of every game I put up the status "GO BACK IN THE CLOSE 'such and such fans' SEE YOU NEXT YEAR!! followed by, two spaced, "TEAM NAME......YOU ARE NEXT!!!!" I also drink Samuel Adams, and when the Giants have trouble I start playing angry birds, and they pick it up again...

Also there have been three seasons since 1994 where I have willingly missed a Giants game because of something more important..2000, 2007, and 2011...

NYGGotThis
01-18-2012, 01:07 AM
This might sound a little corny, but I pray the night before for the Giants to win. Then before the game, I get on my Eli Manning jersey. I never wash it during playoffs. I sit in my kitchen and watch it on the small screen. It always seems to help.

Salsa80
01-18-2012, 01:16 AM
I usually just rotate jerseys between Bradshaw, Manning, Cruz, JPP, and my dad rocks the good ole' super bowl Mark Bavaro jersey.