PDA

View Full Version : You know what, I'll say it...Aaron Rodgers is a smug SOB

ToomerFORtheBomb
01-12-2012, 01:08 AM
Watching this guy in interviews and a small piece about him on espn...

He is way past the point of confident, he is down right arrogant.

I'll give him his credit, he's having an MVP season.

But it ends this Sunday...

I want to see him lying face down in the grass early and often Sunday.

SweetZombieJesus
01-12-2012, 01:10 AM
He's not quite Mr. Perfect Tom Brady -- untouchable on the field, slobbered over, banging two supermodels at the same time, starring in cologne commercials -- but he does give off that vibe.

And I'll say it, the title belt thing is ghey. Wrestling, really?

ToomerFORtheBomb
01-12-2012, 01:12 AM
Your right! I hate that fruity "title belt" move he does

paul anthony
01-12-2012, 03:40 AM
Hey I love the title thing but I think it will look better on Eli

foosball
01-12-2012, 04:33 AM
I think he seems like a respectable guy. If we didn't have Eli I would kill to have a guy like that on the Giants. That whole team, and franchise up in Green Bay is all class. That being said I hope the Giants beat them senseless.

Gunakor
01-12-2012, 04:53 AM
You guys don't know the story behind the belt celebration. It started way back when Brett Favre was still the starting QB and Aaron Rodgers spent entire practices toiling away with the scout team. Members of the scout team in practice aren't really too enthusiastic about being there, I mean, it's not like they are even practicing the game plan their own team is preparing. So Aaron thought up this silly celebration as a means of keeping the mood light and the scout team guys entertained and focused in practice. The rest of the team kinda liked it. So when Rodgers became the starter - and many of the guys on the scout team with him became first team along with him - the silly belt celebration made it's way to gameday. Then the media took off with it, and the rest is history.

For what it's worth, he only does it when he himself scores. You'll never see it after he throws a TD pass. You'll never see it after a mere first down conversion. He only does it when he himself runs it in for a TD. For the entire season I think I've seen him do it once.

For comparison, it's A LOT better than that stupid samurai dance Nick Barnett would do after making a tackle for a 6 yard gain...

myles2424
01-12-2012, 06:10 AM
Ive always felt this way.....I hope JPP & co wipe that ****y smile right off his face

Dorothy
01-12-2012, 06:42 AM
I think he seems like a respectable guy.* If we didn't have Eli I would kill to have a guy like that on the Giants.* That whole team, and franchise up in Green Bay is all class.* That being said I hope the Giants beat them senseless.

Agree. If Rogers has an air of confidence about him, he deserves it, he has earned it by his play.
Come Sunday I hope to see him looking up to the sky from his back on Ground.
GOOOOOOO GIANTS

BlueBlitzer
01-12-2012, 06:52 AM
You guys don't know the story behind the belt celebration. It started way back when Brett Favre was still the starting QB and Aaron Rodgers spent entire practices toiling away with the scout team. Members of the scout team in practice aren't really too enthusiastic about being there, I mean, it's not like they are even practicing the game plan their own team is preparing. So Aaron thought up this silly celebration as a means of keeping the mood light and the scout team guys entertained and focused in practice. The rest of the team kinda liked it. So when Rodgers became the starter - and many of the guys on the scout team with him became first team along with him - the silly belt celebration made it's way to gameday. Then the media took off with it, and the rest is history.

For what it's worth, he only does it when he himself scores. You'll never see it after he throws a TD pass. You'll never see it after a mere first down conversion. He only does it when he himself runs it in for a TD. For the entire season I think I've seen him do it once.

For comparison, it's A LOT better than that stupid samurai dance Nick Barnett would do after making a tackle for a 6 yard gain...

I don't care why he does it, when he does it, or the history behind it. Its Dopey and puts a target on His back. and if you don't think so, you're just as Nutty as He is.

jomo
01-12-2012, 07:29 AM
Watching this guy in interviews and a small piece about him on espn... He is way past the point of confident, he is down right arrogant. I'll give him his credit, he's having an MVP season. But it ends this Sunday... I want to see him lying face down in the grass early and often Sunday.He's entitled to that attitude until we beat him on his turf! Go Blue!!

Ruttiger711
01-12-2012, 07:32 AM
You guys don't know the story behind the belt celebration. It started way back when Brett Favre was still the starting QB and Aaron Rodgers spent entire practices toiling away with the scout team. Members of the scout team in practice aren't really too enthusiastic about being there, I mean, it's not like they are even practicing the game plan their own team is preparing. So <FONT color=#0000ff size=5>Aaron thought up this silly celebration</FONT> as a means of keeping the mood light and the scout team guys entertained and focused in practice. The rest of the team kinda liked it. So when Rodgers became the starter - and many of the guys on the scout team with him became first team along with him - the silly belt celebration made it's way to gameday. Then the media took off with it, and the rest is history. For what it's worth, he only does it when he himself scores. You'll never see it after he throws a TD pass. You'll never see it after a mere first down conversion. He only does it when he himself runs it in for a TD. For the entire season I think I've seen him do it once. For comparison, it's A LOT better than that stupid samurai dance Nick Barnett would do after making a tackle for a 6 yard gain...</P>

Thats a myth - he stole it from a crappy Eagles player when he did it in Green Bay</P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbcitCDYD1w</P>

jints10
01-12-2012, 07:50 AM
Your right the smug cloud over Rodgers and Green Bay is huge. Its about time for the Giants to clear the air.

chasjay
01-12-2012, 08:43 AM
You guys don't know the story behind the belt celebration. It started way back when Brett Favre was still the starting QB and Aaron Rodgers spent entire practices toiling away with the scout team. Members of the scout team in practice aren't really too enthusiastic about being there, I mean, it's not like they are even practicing the game plan their own team is preparing. So <font color="#0000ff" size="5">Aaron thought up this silly celebration</font> as a means of keeping the mood light and the scout team guys entertained and focused in practice. The rest of the team kinda liked it. So when Rodgers became the starter - and many of the guys on the scout team with him became first team along with him - the silly belt celebration made it's way to gameday. Then the media took off with it, and the rest is history. For what it's worth, he only does it when he himself scores. You'll never see it after he throws a TD pass. You'll never see it after a mere first down conversion. He only does it when he himself runs it in for a TD. For the entire season I think I've seen him do it once. For comparison, it's A LOT better than that stupid samurai dance Nick Barnett would do after making a tackle for a 6 yard gain...</p>

Thats a myth - he stole it from a crappy Eagles player when he did it in Green Bay</p>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbcitCDYD1w</p>

<font color="#FF0000">No! No! It's a copyrighted system of guaranteeing your lowest auto insurance rate from Allstate! I saw it on TV! There's no lying on TV! It competes with Flo's "Name Your Own Price Gun"!! You guys need to pay attention!</font>

egyptian420
01-12-2012, 08:48 AM
I think he seems like a respectable guy. If we didn't have Eli I would kill to have a guy like that on the Giants. That whole team, and franchise up in Green Bay is all class. That being said I hope the Giants beat them senseless.

+1....the guy is a class act

NJ10
01-12-2012, 08:51 AM
Yes he dose come of as ****y and smug. We need to humble him on Sunday. Cant wait to see him picking himself up off the ground after getting smacked around by JPP, Tuck, Osi, and Canty.

Mighty 1ne
01-12-2012, 09:13 AM
smug is a bit too harsh, and the guy has every right to be confident he has been playing on another planet.

GameTime
01-12-2012, 09:31 AM
I ahve seen several interviews with him and I have never gotten that perspective of him as being smug or arrogant. </P>

he gave big props to Eli and the Giants and to the rst of his team mates and coaching staff.</P>

Dont get me wrong I want to se him mauled on Sunday by the Giants D but I just dont get the whole arrogant thing from him...</P>

Hell Ithink Tynes was more arrogant in his presser from Monday then most players I have seen.......</P>

He was patting himself on the back a little too much for my liking...</P>

BigBlue wins
01-12-2012, 09:37 AM
Aaron's gonna get discount double decked....

shotcalla39
01-12-2012, 09:40 AM
He always says the right thing.... He's a classy guy ... Has a little Derek Jeter to him... But like Derek he ain't gonna win em all and it starts this Sunday

ryan12
01-12-2012, 09:47 AM

agreed he is ****y.... that all ends sunday

GMENAGAIN
01-12-2012, 09:48 AM
I ahve seen several interviews with him and I have never gotten that perspective of him as being smug or arrogant. </P>

he gave big props to Eli and the Giants and to the rst of his team mates and coaching staff.</P>

Dont get me wrong I want to se him mauled on Sunday by the Giants D but I just dont get the whole arrogant thing from him...</P>

Hell Ithink Tynes was more arrogant in his presser from Monday then most players I have seen.......</P>

He was patting himself on the back a little too much for my liking...</P>

</P>

I agree . . . . </P>

I think that his smile and title belt thing are the type of things that you hate just because he is on the other team. If he was our QB everyone here would love those things . . . . </P>

TrueBlue07
01-12-2012, 10:10 AM
couldn't disagree more. I like AR a lot. He had to put up with a lot of crap in GB before he got his time to shine. Don't get me wrong, he has an ego. Of course he does, 98% of great players do. You don't think Jeter has one? He's a great QB, and he probably knows it. That's not being ****y. Mark Sanchez is ****y (and it's unwarranted). I always felt Rodgers was confident. There's a fine line there though, so I could see why some would disagree.

miked1958
01-12-2012, 10:23 AM
Watching this guy in interviews and a small piece about him on espn... He is way past the point of confident, he is down right arrogant. I'll give him his credit, he's having an MVP season. But it ends this Sunday... I want to see him lying face down in the grass early and often Sunday.</P>

Its what i tried to point out in another thread about someone asking him why he doesnt throw alot of INTs. He was smug when he answered it saying he didnt like to throw to the other team so he doesnt or something to that effect. Said he never has done it alot at any level. I just dont throw to them, i dont like to do it. so i dont. I got destroyed for that thread cause it didnt get what he said exactly right. my point to it was how he is always so SMUG and arrogant. He has 1SB ring. He may not get his 2nd this season if the Gmen have anything to say about it.</P>

G-Man67
01-12-2012, 11:21 AM
he's a dancer

whenever you think arrogant, you think Brady

but QB is one position where being ****y is almost a requirement ... believe me, aside from his respectful, humble outward personality ... in Eli's heart, he is as competitive as anyone QB in the league ... can you imagine having Peyton as your older brother ... i bet Eli let out a few Jan Brady's growing up "PEYTON, PEYTON, PEYTON!!!" and that fueled his competitiveness

Gunakor
01-12-2012, 01:40 PM
You guys don't know the story behind the belt celebration. It started way back when Brett Favre was still the starting QB and Aaron Rodgers spent entire practices toiling away with the scout team. Members of the scout team in practice aren't really too enthusiastic about being there, I mean, it's not like they are even practicing the game plan their own team is preparing. So <font size="5" color="#0000ff">Aaron thought up this silly celebration</font> as a means of keeping the mood light and the scout team guys entertained and focused in practice. The rest of the team kinda liked it. So when Rodgers became the starter - and many of the guys on the scout team with him became first team along with him - the silly belt celebration made it's way to gameday. Then the media took off with it, and the rest is history. For what it's worth, he only does it when he himself scores. You'll never see it after he throws a TD pass. You'll never see it after a mere first down conversion. He only does it when he himself runs it in for a TD. For the entire season I think I've seen him do it once. For comparison, it's A LOT better than that stupid samurai dance Nick Barnett would do after making a tackle for a 6 yard gain...</p>

Thats a myth - he stole it from a crappy Eagles player when he did it in Green Bay</p>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbcitCDYD1w</p>

Actually he stole it from a wrestler. And I didn't mean he made it up, I meant he spontaneously thought to do it during practice as a member of the scout team to keep the guys focused. Next time highlight the entire sentence and it might make more sense to you.

Gunakor
01-12-2012, 01:42 PM
I don't care why he does it, when he does it, or the history behind it. Its Dopey and puts a target on His back. and if you don't think so, you're just as Nutty as He is.

Of course it puts a target on his back. Jon Abraham, last year's divisional playoff game. How'd that turn out?

They all do it. A defensive end after a sack, a DB after taking a pick to the house... They all do a little dance of some sort. Why should a quarterback be any different?

barrister
01-12-2012, 02:01 PM
I don't get this sentiment. Is he confident? Absolutely, he should be. He's playing great ball. And yes, he occasionally has words for naysayers. He was criticized for not organizing team workouts like others (e.g., Brees), so after the Packers beat the Saints in the opener, he took some shots at those people, such as Skip Bayless. I'm fine with that.

This guy was in the middle of one of the most difficult situations that a franchise has ever faced: the Packer-Favre divorce. Rodgers handled it with pure class, and even as Favre continues to take shots at him, Rodgers maintains that class. He also does a lot for the community.

Overall, I'm extremely proud of Rodgers...not only as a player, but also a man.

JJC7301
01-12-2012, 02:18 PM
</P>

+1.</P>

JJC7301
01-12-2012, 02:20 PM
I don't get this sentiment. Is he confident? Absolutely, he should be. He's playing great ball. And yes, he occasionally has words for naysayers. He was criticized for not organizing team workouts like others (e.g., Brees), so after the Packers beat the Saints in the opener, he took some shots at those people, such as Skip Bayless. I'm fine with that. This guy was in the middle of one of the most difficult situations that a franchise has ever faced: the Packer-Favre divorce. Rodgers handled it with pure class, and even as Favre continues to take shots at him, Rodgers maintains that class. He also does a lot for the community. Overall, I'm extremely proud of Rodgers...not only as a player, but also a man.</P>

Rodgers is a good guy. I actually like Favre until he started the diva routine. I was happy when GB told him not to come back after he changed his mind. Glad that it worked out for Rodgers -- just hope it doesn't work out for him this weekend.</P>

burier
01-12-2012, 02:24 PM
I think he's highly confident in a outward way. I really wouldn't call him smug.

And he never cried for the starting job in Green Bay even though he was probably a better Quarterback out the womb than Favre ever was so that takes humility.

He's just a young guy who knows hes at the top of his game.

Get ready as Chapter one of a long Eli Vs Rogers rivalry is written.

Gunakor
01-12-2012, 02:37 PM

That would be awesome. St. Vincent would be proud.

galaxy10
01-12-2012, 02:40 PM
I don't see Rogers as arrogant. On the other hand, I am really sick of hearing how great Green Bay is by all of the talking heads. Nobody gives the G-Men a chance. Well I have news for the talking heads, the G-Men will walk away with a win. Then its on to SF after the Saints stumble by the bay. G-men will beat them as well and its off to the SB. The stars are lining up once again............

adversus
01-12-2012, 02:43 PM
He's like the Sith Lord.

Your hate only makes him stronger.

burier
01-12-2012, 02:43 PM

That would be awesome.* St. Vincent would be proud.

Thats what the NFL needs. Brady Vs Peyton has run its course. Brady gets thes rings, Peyton gets the numbers

How will this one play out.

plaxattack17
01-13-2012, 09:43 AM
I'm sorry its Romo and Brady who are the smug soab's mr perfect, asses being licked by the media who i love seeing our front four bury them into the ground. Add Vick and Sanchez to that list. But Rodgers, i do have respect for he's a heck of a qb. But what i will say is nothing will give me greater pleasure than to see us crush him Sunday so he's eating grass.

TroyArcher
01-13-2012, 09:46 AM
Here's hoping Tuck, JPP, Osi and company wipe the smirk off his face. He is very good but very ****y.</P>

SIMMS5611
01-13-2012, 09:49 AM
Our front four is gonna strip him of that title belt, &amp; use it to whip his tail...

Gunakor
01-13-2012, 10:55 AM
Our front four is gonna strip him of that title belt, &amp; use it to whip his tail...

That's what John Abraham said last season. Even got as far as stripping the belt, but was never able to whip us with it. The same drive in which he stole it from Rodgers, Rodgers took it back in most emphatic fashion. I think I heard in some interview or other during the offseason that the belting of Atlanta was the most satisfying belt he's ever done.

Seriously, I don't get the facination of the belt anymore. He's done it once or twice all season long. If that. Cam Newton did his superman way more than Rodgers did his belt. Tim Tebow does his thing every week. Rodgers never does his belt anymore. Just like Clay doesn't do Predator anymore after making a sack. BJ Raji still does his hula dance from time to time in hopes of one day earning a trip to Hawaii, but that's it.

Rodgers won't even do his belt in any more State Farm commercials. Ironically, BJ Raji is still doing his hula dance. Maybe you should be mocking Raji instead?

SIMMS5611
01-13-2012, 11:03 AM
To be honest, I just don't like when QB's have a planned celebration. Leave that j*** to the WR's &amp; RB's...</P>

I dont want Rogers whipped w/a belt, but I would like the NYG's to defeat the GBP's....</P>

THE_New_York_Giants
01-13-2012, 11:07 AM
He's not quite Mr. Perfect Tom Brady -- untouchable on the field, slobbered over, banging two supermodels at the same time, starring in cologne commercials -- but he does give off that vibe.

And I'll say it, the title belt thing is ghey.* Wrestling, really?

Maybe its a sign that his championship and subsequent wins were a fix by the league? WWE championship belt in the NFL more than just ironic?

Gunakor
01-13-2012, 11:37 AM
To be honest, I just don't like when QB's have a planned celebration. Leave that j*** to the WR's &amp; RB's...</p>

I dont want Rogers whipped w/a belt, but I would like the NYG's to defeat the GBP's....</p>

I didn't mean he was in any danger of actually being whipped by a belt, lol. Just that Abraham tried to mock him with it right before AR shredded that defense to bits. Even Mike Smith was dumbfounded as to how Aaron Rodgers could play 60 minutes of football throwing as often as he threw it and the football never touched the ground all day long. Donkey Kong Suh tried it this year too during one of the Lions games on our schedule this year, I forget which, but regardless, the Lions lost both to Green Bay. Aaron Rodgers is undefeated for his career in games in which his belt celebration is mocked by our opponent. Suffice it to say it is not a good idea to try to take Rodgers' belt away from him. Beat him if you can, tough but doable, but let him keep his belt.

TBH I don't see a difference between the WR's and DB's vs. the QB in terms of celebrating big plays. They're young, they're enthusiastic, and they're football players. Let them all dance as far as I'm concerned. Kids being kids. Let them have a good time. As long as it's a celebration of the play made, and not a further humiliation of the player victimized by that play, it's fine by me.

Gunakor
01-13-2012, 11:42 AM
Maybe its a sign that his championship and subsequent wins were a fix by the league? WWE championship belt in the NFL more than just ironic?

The league didn't intercept Big Ben and return it to the house. The league didn't break Charles Woodson's arm either. There was no fix. Fortune swung both ways in that game. The belt made an appearance because a wrestler in possession of a WWE championship belt decided to offer it up. There was a segment during the Super Bowl postgame on this last February.

jaygoon
01-13-2012, 12:33 PM
You guys who hate Aaron rodgers are just caught up in the moment.

Dude is great and he is one of my favorite players to watch outside the giants.

Confidence goes a long way. He has it and he should.

JMFP2
01-13-2012, 12:58 PM
I don't see Rogers as arrogant. On the other hand, I am really sick of hearing how great Green Bay is by all of the talking heads. Nobody gives the G-Men a chance. Well I have news for the talking heads, the G-Men will walk away with a win. Then its on to SF after the Saints stumble by the bay. G-men will beat them as well and its off to the SB. The stars are lining up once again............
</P>

Green Bay is the defending Champ, and 15-1. Rodgers has every right to feel confident, and the Packers deserves all the props they are getting.</P>

For much of the year, the Giants have been up and down, and therefore, it's natural that the media gets on them. Heck, the media didn't dump on them nearly as much as the fans...myself included.</P>

But now, the Giants are playing arguably the best football of anyone - Green Bay and the Saints included. Offensively, Eli is now being helped by a rejuvenated rushing attack. Defensively, the pass rush is coming on, the interior is solid, and the secondary has improved dramatically.</P>

Of all the teams in the playoffs, the Giants (at least over the past several weeks) have played the most complete ball of anyone.</P>

But Green Bay is still the top dog until someone proves otherwise.</P>

ru_gmen55
01-13-2012, 01:18 PM
He has earned his swagger on the field...excellent play, a Super Bowl ring, and a 15-1 regular season. All we can do is hope the defensive line of the Giants can earn their swagger and punch the Packers in the mouth.

SweetZombieJesus
01-13-2012, 01:35 PM
He's like the Sith Lord.

Your hate only makes him stronger.

Does he hate sand?

ToomerFORtheBomb
01-13-2012, 01:39 PM
Our front four is gonna strip him of that title belt, & use it to whip his tail...

That's what John Abraham said last season.* Even got as far as stripping the belt, but was never able to whip us with it.* The same drive in which he stole it from Rodgers, Rodgers took it back in most emphatic fashion.* I think I heard in some interview or other during the offseason that the belting of Atlanta was the most satisfying belt he's ever done.*

Seriously, I don't get the facination of the belt anymore.* He's done it once or twice all season long.* If that.* Cam Newton did his superman way more than Rodgers did his belt.* Tim Tebow does his thing every week.* Rodgers never does his belt anymore.* Just like Clay doesn't do Predator anymore after making a sack.* BJ Raji still does his hula dance from time to time in hopes of one day earning a trip to Hawaii, but that's it.*

Rodgers won't even do his belt in any more State Farm commercials.* Ironically, BJ Raji is still doing his hula dance.* Maybe you should be mocking Raji instead?

Your first mistake there was comparing Abrahms to the Giants D line. It's one thing going up against Abrahms, it's another going up against JPP, Tuck, Osi, Kiwi and so on.

trenken311
01-13-2012, 01:42 PM
Whatever, there's still a pretty decent chance he is going to torch the hell out of our swiss cheese pass D, throwing to Jennings, Driver and Finley.

He can act however he wants.

rainierjef
01-13-2012, 01:51 PM
you know what as long as we come out and fight hard if we lose then we lose to a better team but best believe this our D-line is going to attack rodgers with such fury that even if we lose your going ot hurt him to the point where he's not going to be 100% going up against the 49ers / saints </P>

bigblue58
01-13-2012, 05:24 PM

Being an MVP QB, at least Rodgers can justify being that way.
Phillip Rivers is arrogant AND a loudmouth on the field......... and he sucks!

Gunakor
01-14-2012, 04:01 PM

That's what John Abraham said last season. Even got as far as stripping the belt, but was never able to whip us with it. The same drive in which he stole it from Rodgers, Rodgers took it back in most emphatic fashion. I think I heard in some interview or other during the offseason that the belting of Atlanta was the most satisfying belt he's ever done.

Seriously, I don't get the facination of the belt anymore. He's done it once or twice all season long. If that. Cam Newton did his superman way more than Rodgers did his belt. Tim Tebow does his thing every week. Rodgers never does his belt anymore. Just like Clay doesn't do Predator anymore after making a sack. BJ Raji still does his hula dance from time to time in hopes of one day earning a trip to Hawaii, but that's it.

Rodgers won't even do his belt in any more State Farm commercials. Ironically, BJ Raji is still doing his hula dance. Maybe you should be mocking Raji instead?

Your first mistake there was comparing Abrahms to the Giants D line. It's one thing going up against Abrahms, it's another going up against JPP, Tuck, Osi, Kiwi and so on.

Your first mistake was stating that I had compared some guy named Abrahms to anybody in the first place. I made mention of a guy named John Abraham, and made no comparison of any sort to any member of the Giants defensive line. Read it again and tell me I'm wrong.

THE_New_York_Giants
01-14-2012, 05:38 PM
Our front four is gonna strip him of that title belt, & use it to whip his tail...

That's what John Abraham said last season.* Even got as far as stripping the belt, but was never able to whip us with it.* The same drive in which he stole it from Rodgers, Rodgers took it back in most emphatic fashion.* I think I heard in some interview or other during the offseason that the belting of Atlanta was the most satisfying belt he's ever done.*

Seriously, I don't get the facination of the belt anymore.* He's done it once or twice all season long.* If that.* Cam Newton did his superman way more than Rodgers did his belt.* Tim Tebow does his thing every week.* Rodgers never does his belt anymore.* Just like Clay doesn't do Predator anymore after making a sack.* BJ Raji still does his hula dance from time to time in hopes of one day earning a trip to Hawaii, but that's it.*

Rodgers won't even do his belt in any more State Farm commercials.* Ironically, BJ Raji is still doing his hula dance.* Maybe you should be mocking Raji instead?

Your first mistake was stating that I had compared some guy named Abrahms to anybody in the first place.* I made mention of a guy named John Abraham, and made no comparison of any sort to any member of the Giants defensive line.* Read it again and tell me I'm wrong.

This is my opinion, and I'm going to get bashed for it, but Rodgers is overrated. Put him on another team and he isn't as good. He has a great team around him. I could throw for 5,000 yards with his team. Rodgers historically has been shown to get rattled. He just hasn't gotten hit a lot this year.

Voldamort
01-14-2012, 05:40 PM
Yeah but you don't hate him like you hated Farve!!!!

Gunakor
01-14-2012, 05:49 PM
This is my opinion, and I'm going to get bashed for it, but Rodgers is overrated. Put him on another team and he isn't as good. He has a great team around him. I could throw for 5,000 yards with his team. Rodgers historically has been shown to get rattled. He just hasn't gotten hit a lot this year.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

What makes AR great isn't his arm. It's his legs. His ability to extend plays. He learned that ability because in his first couple years as a starter he was the most sacked QB in the entire NFL. He had to learn to improvise to give the team a chance. And, even being the most sacked QB in the entire NFL, he still managed to put up 4000 yard seasons.

He hasn't been hit a lot this year, comparatively speaking anyway. So it's not very surprising that this has been his best year as a starter. But if you suggest that it's the system, and claim as evidence of that the fact that Matt Flynn had a career day against the Lions, you are completely dismissing the fact that Matt Flynn is a damn good QB himself - who is going to be somebody's highly paid starter next season.

The closest I'll come to saying it's the system he plays in is to say that it's the coach that tutors him. Mike McCarthy was one of the better QB coaches in the NFL before becoming a head coach. He even made Aaron Brooks look halfway decent in New Orleans once upon a time. Both Aaron and Matt attend McCarthy's offseason QB school religiously. So the fact that both are highly successful in their opportunities is not surprising at all. But it's the coaching, not the scheme, that makes the difference IMO.

THE_New_York_Giants
01-14-2012, 06:46 PM

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

What makes AR great isn't his arm.* It's his legs.* His ability to extend plays.* He learned that ability because in his first couple years as a starter he was the most sacked QB in the entire NFL.* He had to learn to improvise to give the team a chance.* And, even being the most sacked QB in the entire NFL, he still managed to put up 4000 yard seasons.

He hasn't been hit a lot this year, comparatively speaking anyway.* So it's not very surprising that this has been his best year as a starter.* But if you suggest that it's the system, and claim as evidence of that the fact that Matt Flynn had a career day against the Lions, you are completely dismissing the fact that Matt Flynn is a damn good QB himself - who is going to be somebody's highly paid starter next season.*

The closest I'll come to saying it's the system he plays in is to say that it's the coach that tutors him.* Mike McCarthy was one of the better QB coaches in the NFL before becoming a head coach.* He even made Aaron Brooks look halfway decent in New Orleans once upon a time.* Both Aaron and Matt attend McCarthy's offseason QB school religiously.* So the fact that both are highly successful in their opportunities is not surprising at all.* But it's the coaching, not the scheme, that makes the difference IMO.

Im not taking anything away from Rodgers. He's a great player... However, he isn't invincible. We saw the result of how fr***led he can get when he played Kansas City. He's really only be good for the past 2 years. I used to think he was awful... However, a Super Bowl MVP automatically puts him in the top 5 in the NFL.

Gunakor
01-14-2012, 07:11 PM
We saw the result of how fr***led he can get when he played Kansas City.

I agree, he did get a bit fr***led as the game went along. But it wasn't because he was under pressure, it was because nobody was catching anything. Jennings dropped 2. Driver dropped 1 huge one. Finley dropped 4 or 5 (at least). That rattled Rodgers quite a bit.

THE_New_York_Giants
01-14-2012, 07:22 PM
We saw the result of how fr***led he can get when he played Kansas City.

I agree, he did get a bit fr***led as the game went along.* But it wasn't because he was under pressure, it was because nobody was catching anything.* Jennings dropped 2.* Driver dropped 1 huge one.* Finley dropped 4 or 5 (at least).* That rattled Rodgers quite a bit.

That was like Eli last year when all of his receivers would tip catchable balls right into the opposing safety's hands. In fact that's half of this year's INT's for you.

Dirt66
01-14-2012, 07:54 PM
Time to "Discount Double Check his a##!!!!!!!!!!