PDA

View Full Version : Could Scott be an X-factor this week?

DragonSoul
01-12-2012, 02:09 AM
Curious if Ware will play this week, as he has still been held out of practice.

I have no ill will towards ware nor do i mind him starting.

But It would be interesting if scott gets some game time and could be the x factor on a few plays here and there.

nybeatmaker
01-12-2012, 02:15 AM
I would love to see it....but if he fumbles he's done lol

Gav_devils#56
01-12-2012, 03:39 AM
I can't see Coughlin trusting him in a game this big. Once you get into the dog house it's hard to get out!

DragonSoul
01-12-2012, 03:42 AM
I can't see Coughlin trusting him in a game this big. Once you get into the dog house it's hard to get out!
They trusted boss, bradshaw and others.

Never knew scott was in the dog house. Figured he didn't get much play time once bradshaw got back in the lineup and the other two rbs were healthy so that made scott 4th on the depth chart!

foosball
01-12-2012, 04:49 AM
You know Tom Coughlin, and you know he won't. Scott will get his chance next season.

redbeardxxv
01-12-2012, 05:13 AM
You know Tom Coughlin, and you know he won't.* Scott will get his chance next season.

If Ware can't go, Scott will have a shot. What he does with his first carry dictates what he does in the game. TC will play the hot hand. If Scott carries for 9 yards on his first play, he'll get a second. I hope he shows his speed and makes GB sweat. Doubt he smokes GB for a bunch of yards, but here's hoping....

Firenugget
01-12-2012, 05:29 AM
He trusted Tynes even after screwing the pooch multiple times in the same game. These are the games you wanna see rookies step up and make us say ooooooooh that's why they drafted him.

I'm waiting for Jernigan to bust one open personally.

foosball
01-12-2012, 05:48 AM
No he won't, you should know this by now. Tom Coughlin doesn't change from his game plan if a player has a big carry. In 2005 when Jacobs was ripping off big run after big run, it didn't lead to him getting the ball anymore. In 06 he got his shot. It will be the same for Scott, the only way he gets a lot of carries is if either the 1 or 2 guy goes down.

Sundown
01-12-2012, 08:01 AM
Scott will probably get 2 carries and i'll tell you what, some of the holes that Jacobs had Scott would have taken to the house.

Morris82
01-12-2012, 08:25 AM
I say play him and stop being so predictable.

Mercury
01-12-2012, 08:28 AM
Maybe we should pull that fake punt used in the preseason down off the closet shelf and blow the dust off of it?

Jotun_Fan
01-12-2012, 08:29 AM
Maybe he will...but I doubt it.

nygsb42champs
01-12-2012, 09:18 AM
I would love to see Scott get more action over Ware. Nothing against him but we know what he can do. We have no idea what Scott can do.

GameTime
01-12-2012, 09:23 AM
Curious if Ware will play this week, as he has still been held out of practice. I have no ill will towards ware nor do i mind him starting. But It would be interesting if scott gets some game time and could be the x factor on a few plays here and there.</P>

IMO...he'll be lucky to get two or three touches...</P>

But you never know what they have planned. Would bea nice surprise...</P>

</P>

</P>

yoeddy
01-12-2012, 09:23 AM
Scott apparently has a ball security issue that is apparent in practice. Not a lot of confidence giving him the ball on he road in the playoffs in very cold weather....

Giants Of New Jersey
01-12-2012, 09:28 AM
I want a well set-up screen to Scott.

yoeddy
01-12-2012, 09:31 AM
I want a well set-up screen to Scott.

For whatever reason, this team never sets up the screen well for anybody...

BigBlue wins
01-12-2012, 09:31 AM
Scott apparently has a ball security issue that is apparent in practice. Not a lot of confidence giving him the ball on he road in the playoffs in very cold weather....

Sounds like he needs some more time with the ball, which means he wont start unless he must.

If I recall, wasn't ware with the team back in 2007?

GameTime
01-12-2012, 09:34 AM
I want a well set-up screen to Scott. For whatever reason, this team never sets up the screen well for anybody...</P>

The Giants suck at screens......every now and then they get one off successfully. Most of the time the guy who gets the ball, usually Bradshaw, is all by himself with three or four defenders around him. </P>

The Giants do much better with dump offs right over the short middle when there is space....</P>

yoeddy
01-12-2012, 09:52 AM

Sounds like he needs some more time with the ball, which means he wont start unless he must.

I think he was on the practice squad in 2007...

RonJon
01-12-2012, 09:54 AM

I think he was on the practice squad in 2007...

I agree, I doubt the coaching staff trusts him in a do or die game like this, especially on the road

Raptor22
01-12-2012, 10:31 AM
I think who the X-Factor is for the Giants' O largely depends on what the Pack does on D. If they commit (or over-commit) to stuffing the run, and try to turn the game into a shootout (which I think is the most probable), then I could see Hynoski, Bear, and Ballard becoming real difference makers. If this is the case, Scott making a catch in the flat could be real dangerous with his speed. 1 bad angle and he's gone.

If the pack decide to go small and take away as many receivers as possible, then I can see the power run game taking over. I'd love a 8-10 minute drive that ends in a TD. That'll play into the passrusher's hands.

miked1958
01-12-2012, 10:32 AM
Scott will probably get 2 carries and i'll tell you what, some of the holes that Jacobs had Scott would have taken to the house.</P>

Yes I agree. I think Scott would have taken those all the way with his burst of speed.. He could be a big burst for us.... he wont be expected to do much</P>

GameTime
01-12-2012, 10:36 AM
As some of you have said already to some degree I think Eli spreading the ball around to various players will be the X factor. The Pack has coverage issues so if the Giants get into a situation where they can have Thomas, Pascoe, Hynoski, etc 1 on 1 with a LB or a nickle CB then Eli will take advantage of that. Let Nicks, Cruz, or MM get doubled and hit the 1 on 1 open guy for 12 yards. Thats will move the chains and keep the clock running. </P>

Would like to see Hynocerous maybe do a FB run once or twice......that would be a surprise....</P>

</P>

MikeIsaGiant
01-12-2012, 10:40 AM
To be honest, I have a feeling he gets a few chances and one of those chances he breaks out.

Here's to hoping

nybeatmaker
01-12-2012, 10:34 PM
I agree. Scott has enormous potential with only a small window to show it due to our RB depth. I said play him in the beginning of the season when he had that confidence and still hot. Now we literally can't afford to chance it since every play is extremely huge and cannot afford any turnovers. Maybe here and there but is still looked at as a liability.

miked1958
01-12-2012, 10:59 PM
Well now that Ware has been cleared to play, Scott will be lucky if he is even on the active roster

Tony Bruno
01-12-2012, 11:07 PM
He will not even see the feild...

BlueSanta
01-12-2012, 11:39 PM
He has 5 carries all year. He has put the ball on the ground 2 times(only 1 on stat page. However, the refs incorrectly ruled him down on the 2nd.)

In light of this and how TC feels about turnovers, I would be shocked if he saw the field.

jjj45
01-12-2012, 11:44 PM
As some of you have said already to some degree I think Eli spreading the ball around to various players will be the X factor. The Pack has coverage issues so if the Giants get into a situation where they can have Thomas, Pascoe, Hynoski, etc 1 on 1 with a LB or a nickle CB then Eli will take advantage of that. Let Nicks, Cruz, or MM get doubled and hit the 1 on 1 open guy for 12 yards. Thats will move the chains and keep the clock running. </p>

Would like to see Hynocerous maybe do a FB run once or twice......that would be a surprise....</p>

</p>lol I'll bet you fifty bucks we dont do a FB run.

JMFP2
01-12-2012, 11:55 PM
He has 5 carries all year. He has put the ball on the ground 2 times(only 1 on stat page. However, the refs incorrectly ruled him down on the 2nd.)

In light of this and how TC feels about turnovers, I would be shocked if he saw the field.
</P>

</P>

Agreed.</P>

When the blocking and running game was struggling earlier this year, I was cheerleading for Scott. When he got his chance, he fumbled the ball....and now the running game is improving.</P>

Therefore, I'd be shocked if they used him in a game this important. I could only see it if someone goes down.</P>

The only other possibility would be to use himas an outletn some passing situations....he's a decent receiver, and with his speed, he could be useful.</P>

Still, though, ball security is the 1st priority, and really, therefore, I wouldn't be surprised if Scott doesn't see the field until preseason.</P>