PDA

View Full Version : Who Will Be The Suprise?

SIMMS5611
01-12-2012, 08:29 AM
It seems to me that often times, when the Giants are in big game situations like this, that usually a player no one is expecting, manages to have a big game. I don't know if this is by design, or if some guy takes advantage of his opportunity, or maybe it's just dumb luck. I think a lot of times, it proves to be pretty good, because opponents aren't really expecting/preparing for that individual, and also, lots of time, our opponents don't even have much film on an underplayed guy. For example, how much is GB really preparing for Ramses Barden, as compared to Victor Cruz. I'm not saying Barden is the guy, but I just wanted to give you guys an example.</P>

Anyway, who do you guys think could be the potential game-changer/hero for the Giants Sunday? Beckum, Barden, Pascoe, etc, etc....what do you think?</P>

SIMMS5611
01-12-2012, 08:56 AM
Anyone? </P>

Bueller.......Bueller.....</P>

</P>

Bueller......Frye....</P>

Giants Of New Jersey
01-12-2012, 08:59 AM
jacquian williams

SIMMS5611
01-12-2012, 09:04 AM
It's funny, I didn't even consider a guy on the D, which could happen, b/c you KNOW GB has </P>

been prepping all week for JPP, Osi, Kiwi, &amp; Tuck....</P>

I'm sure they haven't considered anyone else on the D, especially the backfield, as anyone they</P>

really need to concern themselves with....</P>

Mercury
01-12-2012, 09:20 AM
I'll go with Jernigan. On a KO return he shows his athletic ability and takes it to the house.

I doubt Barden even suits up. Just saying.

yoeddy
01-12-2012, 09:30 AM
For some reason, I think Kiwanuka is going to come up big in this game...

Giants Of New Jersey
01-12-2012, 09:31 AM
For some reason, I think Kiwanuka is going to come up big in this game...

He has been lights out and playing with more passion than I have ever seen from him.

repeatchamps
01-12-2012, 09:43 AM
For some reason, I think Kiwanuka is going to come up big in this game... He has been lights out and playing with more passion than I have ever seen from him.</P>

He most certainly is. I think it has to do with the fact that he missed the entire 2007 run. He did get to play in a playoff game in 2006 and 2008 both against Philly (had 7 and 5 tackles in those games respectively) but I think he has been dieing to get back there to experience a 2007 type playoff run again and he is also getting more comfortable with his role againafter being hurt most of last year. He is healthy late in the year and in a comfort zone in this defense. His impact due to all these factors is quite noticeable. He only logged one assist against Atlanta but his presence was felt believe me.</P>

RonJon
01-12-2012, 09:49 AM
It seems to me that often times, when the Giants are in big game situations like this, that usually a player no one is expecting, manages to have a big game. I don't know if this is by design, or if some guy takes advantage of his opportunity, or maybe it's just dumb luck. I think a lot of times, it proves to be pretty good, because opponents aren't really expecting/preparing for that individual, and also, lots of time, our opponents don't even have much film on an underplayed guy. For example, how much is GB really preparing for Ramses Barden, as compared to Victor Cruz. I'm not saying Barden is the guy, but I just wanted to give you guys an example.</P>

Anyway, who do you guys think could be the potential game-changer/hero for the Giants Sunday? Beckum, Barden, Pascoe, etc, etc....what do you think?</P>

Barden hasn't even been active the past 2 games and I don't think he will be this week either so I doubt it will be him. I'll go with Jernigan. I think he takes a kickoff late ing the game and returns it deep into Packer territory to set up the game winning score

Kase-1
01-12-2012, 09:50 AM
JQ Williams - I can see him keying up on AR all day. We all know that the guy can throw for an infinite amount of yards, but he's also a running threat.

Prince Amukamara - He's healthy, Ross is healthy, so Im hoping that means less of Rolle at Nickelback and more of Prince. I wouldnt mind Rolle as a dimeback (we gotta do what we gotta do) but I want to see more from Prince, and im sure Rodgers is gonna be looking at him and Ross all day, so they BOTH need big games

AB/BJ - Not only to set the run game up and keep Rodgers off the field, but we need them both to stay back and make sure they lay that chip block on Matthews before heading out on a route. I know both of our guys are good at this and enjoy the physicality of the game, but I cant stress the importance

Canty/Linval - We need them to keep playing the game they have been playing the whole month of December and January. We need these guys to hold the LOS and collapse the pocket, if they get pushed outside, Rodgers is gonna run up the gut all day, and we cant have that going on.

RonJon
01-12-2012, 09:52 AM
It would be sweet justice if Jacquan turned out the bee the key plaer in this game since it was him who made the mistake late in that first game and got burned, leading to the game wining fiedl goal last time

CDN_G-FAN
01-12-2012, 10:24 AM
Antrel Rolle

miked1958
01-12-2012, 10:30 AM

</P>

cant be barden as he wont be active.. I would say beckum like u said. maybe Hynoski gets us a bunch of key first downs. I will also say that maybe, with Ware prob not going to play due to the concussion I feel maybe we get a spark from D. Scott in a BIG way. The Pack wont expect to much from him so he could be a secret weapon of sorts. </P>

MikeIsaGiant
01-12-2012, 10:45 AM
Is jake ballard playing? If he is, he will be a surprise, just wait and see.

If not, expect Corey to have a sick game

G-Man67
01-12-2012, 11:11 AM
jacquian williams

ha, that's funny, his name popped in my head

wasn't Barden a healthy scratch last week?

pjam84
01-12-2012, 11:36 AM

i know you said you weren't saying barden is the guy...but you did mention him twice. dude...barden is like the 6th receiver at this point. he lost his chance after the jets game. the guy is terrible.

i think ballard has a big game.

lttaylor56
01-12-2012, 11:41 AM
J williams is a gamer. He know's that his blown coverage in the last match up -very well may have caused us the game. I look to see redemption from him.

I also think Cruz has to be hungry for yards after being locked down last week.

NYG4ME
01-12-2012, 11:43 AM
One word. PRINCE

SIMMS5611
01-12-2012, 11:43 AM

i know you said you weren't saying barden is the guy...but you did mention him twice. dude...barden is like the 6th receiver at this point. he lost his chance after the jets game. the guy is terrible. i think ballard has a big game.</P>

I know I meantioned Barden twice, but actually, I think it's bc he hasn't really lived up to his promise. He's had a few catches, but nothing great, I believe partly b/c he was out so long, &amp; partly b/c while he was out, our other receivers have really turned into a dynamic receiving corp (whens the last time you could say that about the Giants?).</P>

Anyway, it's not a Barden fetish; I was just trying to think of a few guys who haven't had much playing time, for one reason or another, &amp; he's the first guy who came to mind....</P>

BigBlue1971
01-12-2012, 11:56 AM
Manningham could surprise this week, with GB concentrating mostly on Nicks and Cruz. </P>

the defense as a whole will surprise imo by holding GB to less than 24 points!</P>

BigBlueOnes
01-12-2012, 12:40 PM
I think it's going to be BJ. He's running angry and we need to control the clock and keep AR off the field. So I'm sticking with BJ as GB can give up running yards and I see our OLine doing well. I just need somebody to insult BJ's mother, sister, grandmother and dog and get him good and riled up. Like a Brama Bull. Also, would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see Scott return one to the house like he said he's capable of.

BigBlue wins
01-12-2012, 01:33 PM
I think it's going to be BJ. He's running angry and we need to control the clock and keep AR off the field. So I'm sticking with BJ as GB can give up running yards and I see our OLine doing well. I just need somebody to insult BJ's mother, sister, grandmother and dog and get him good and riled up. Like a Brama Bull. Also, would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see Scott return one to the house like he said he's capable of.

BJ would be a nice surprise....lol

BigBlueOnes
01-12-2012, 02:22 PM

BJ would be a nice surprise....lol

Good one!!!

wolfie
01-12-2012, 02:27 PM
jacquian williams</P>

+1</P>

JJC7301
01-12-2012, 02:48 PM
Hynoski.</P>

lttaylor56
01-12-2012, 02:52 PM
Gives me a good feeling that we have this many potential playmakers.

SIMMS5611
01-13-2012, 09:22 AM
BUMP-A-DUMP</P>

miked1958
01-13-2012, 09:25 AM
Is jake ballard playing? If he is, he will be a surprise, just wait and see. If not, expect Corey to have a sick game</P>

Ballard is playing...</P>

and BJ Raji or whatever his name is called our OLine Soft and said we dont have Great TEs that can impact a game. not NFL Elite like theirs or NE or NO. TRUE. but.... Ballard can kill you. </P>

and i hope he and Beckum make GB sorry</P>

miked1958
01-13-2012, 09:26 AM
BUMP-A-DUMP</P>

</P>

lets see......OSI with a Sack Fumble, picked up by JPP and taken to the HOUSE!!!!!!</P>

Strahan4gov
01-13-2012, 10:16 AM
Arron Rodgers.

He throws 2 picks and is sacked 4 times, pulling grass from his helmet all day long, and looks truly rattled all game.

SIMMS5611
01-19-2012, 11:02 AM
OK&lt; so who's gonna be the suprise player THIS week?</P>

I gotta admit, he wasn't MVP or anything, but those couple of grabs by T.Beckum suprised me...</P>

pjam84
01-19-2012, 11:20 AM
OK< so who's gonna be the suprise player THIS week?</P>

I gotta admit, he wasn't MVP or anything, but those couple of grabs by T.Beckum suprised me...</P>

yeah, i was gonna say...maybe beckum will have a big game sunday. they seem to be easing him into the gameplan more and more.

GameTime
01-19-2012, 11:33 AM
there will be no surprises. Thomas, Pascoe, Hynoski, et may catch a clutch pass or two which will be huge for the offense. But this offense, if they win, will do it how they have done it all along. Eli throwing and a few huge plays by Nicks, Cruz, and MM. The running game will be good enough to keep the play action effective.</P>

On D it will be....DL making the most noise and a few stunt blitzes by Boley or Kiwi. Would love to see a saftey blitz....been awhile for that one.</P>

either way turnovers will be the dif IMO....and right now the Niners rule that catagory on both sides of the ball.</P>

yoeddy
01-19-2012, 11:42 AM
Chase Blackburn...