PDA

View Full Version : If the Jets acquire Peyton Manning in off-season, would you, as a Giant Fan...

hungrrrry
01-12-2012, 09:47 AM
...then become more supportive of the Jets as we did when he was in Indy out of respect for Eli since Eli became a Giant? Obviously not if we are playing against them but...

...since most Giants fans despise the Jets (and even more-so with Rex in charge)...it seems interesting to ponder...I actually would, I think. I kinda supported them when Brett Favre was there as well as Vinnie Testaverde and I think Payton is one of the best, if not the best, QB in the NFL ever!

Disclaimer: This is speculative so please don't be a dumb-ss and ask for a link!

Gianthunter
01-12-2012, 09:54 AM
If the Jest acquire Manning. Life on Earth will be unbearable..................... From all that pig poo falling from the sky.

Giants Of New Jersey
01-12-2012, 10:00 AM
It will never ever happen....You think Peyton Manning would come to this locker room right now? No way! Also, there is no way he would step on Eli's shoes like that and come here. Not a chance, they respect each other way too much.

bELIeve_in_Giants
01-12-2012, 10:12 AM
I really like Peyton and want him to get more rings, so I'd probably root for the Jets for just the time period when Peyton is there.

nygsb42champs
01-12-2012, 10:14 AM
I would still hate the Jets!

GameTime
01-12-2012, 10:20 AM
...then become more supportive of the Jets as we did when he was in Indy out of respect for Eli since Eli became a Giant? Obviously not if we are playing against them but... ...since most Giants fans despise the Jets (and even more-so with Rex in charge)...it seems interesting to ponder...I actually would, I think. I kinda supported them when Brett Favre was there as well as Vinnie Testaverde and I think Payton is one of the best, if not the best, QB in the NFL ever! Disclaimer: This is speculative so please don't be a dumb-ss and ask for a link!</P>

they arent so no worries...</P>

"if"he did I would lose ALL respect for Peyton Manning and would hate the Jets even more thenI do already.........period...</P>

Giants Of New Jersey
01-12-2012, 10:22 AM
I really like Peyton and want him to get more rings, so I'd probably root for the Jets for just the time period when Peyton is there.*

I like Peyton too. However, if he gets more rings, that would mean that the Giants didn't win the Superbowl that year. Therefore, I do not wish more rings for anyone besides Eli, lol.

GameTime
01-12-2012, 10:24 AM
I really like Peyton and want him to get more rings, so I'd probably root for the Jets for just the time period when Peyton is there.
</P>

how could you not lose respect for Peyton....</P>

1...its the ****ing Jets who are a semi classless org. </P>

2... he would be stepping on his brother's turf.</P>

3....its the ****ing Jets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</P>

SIMMS5611
01-12-2012, 10:25 AM
If the Jets get Peyton, WFAN will change their call letters to WJET...</P>

...but it'd be nice to see Peyton having to spend a little time in Eli's shadow, for a change....</P>

gumby742
01-12-2012, 10:32 AM
i'd lose respect for Peyton. Jets are a rude loud mouth organisation that has absolutely no class.

Jet-Blue
01-12-2012, 10:33 AM
I think, that would be the best thing that has ever happened to the Jets! I don't think it would happen, but I'd be a happy camper.
But wait, I'm biased anyway!

But it would be nice to get a quarterback who can actually play.

GameTime
01-12-2012, 10:35 AM
I think, that would be the best thing that has ever happened to the Jets! I don't think it would happen, but I'd be a happy camper. But wait, I'm biased anyway! But it would be nice to get a quarterback who can actually play.</P>

Peyton istoo classy for the Jets....</P>

Besides he would want to run the offense and that wouldnt happen</P>

TuckYou
01-12-2012, 10:37 AM
Peyton will not become a Jet. You think Archie would let himplay forthat franchise right now? IF he didnt want Eli playing for the Chargers, he would not want Peyton playing for the Jets.</P>

</P>

FBomb
01-12-2012, 10:46 AM
Don't see it happening...Peyton and Rex? No way.</P>

If it did I wouldn't hate the Jests any less than I already do.</P>

yoeddy
01-12-2012, 10:58 AM
Plus I don't see the Colts trading Peyton to an AFC team...

bELIeve_in_Giants
01-12-2012, 11:01 AM
Plus I don't see the Colts trading Peyton to an AFC team...

They can't trade him. If he's not a Colt anymore, it will be because he's released. They need to pay him his $28 million bonus before the trading period starts, so they need to make a decision.

bELIeve_in_Giants
01-12-2012, 11:02 AM
</p>

how could you not lose respect for Peyton....</p>

1...its the ****ing Jets who are a semi classless org. </p>

2... he would be stepping on his brother's turf.</p>

3....its the ****ing Jets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</p>

I'd still root for the Giants over the Jets in any superbowl, but I have a crush on Peyton.

MikeIsaGiant
01-12-2012, 11:48 AM
I'd root for Peyton playing the Patriots, not the Jets vs the Patriots

pjam84
01-12-2012, 11:57 AM
i would definitely support them. i've never hated the jets though. i typically always root for them unless they are playing the giants. peyton would just make me like them more.

that said. rex ryan's schtick is getting old.

JJC7301
01-12-2012, 11:59 AM
If Ryan wasn't their coach and Johnson their owner, then maybe, MAYBE, I could be supportive. But that's not the case, so no, I couldn't root for Peyton.</P>

Can you imagine Eli having to be compared every year to his brother in the same city? It would be horrible.</P>

G-Man67
01-12-2012, 12:05 PM
first of all absolutely not, if anything i would root more against them, b/c once again they would become the talk of the town

i mean, even if we won a Super Bowl, the buzz would be about Peyton coming to the Jets

2nd, if I'm Peyton, i would not want to play in weather, i would look for warm weather/dome team ... naturally, he wants to win 1st ... but there are enough problems with the Jets that he could justify not going there

3rd, if i'm the Colts, then i want Peyton to play next year until such time as they are no longer in contention ... they still have Mathis and Freeney and with Peyton back at the helm, would it surprise anyone if they made the playoffs ... Luck can wait a year, might do him good

finally, these "problems" have an amazing way of resolving themselves ... sometimes it is best to just let things play out ... instead of trying to manipulate it in an attempt to make everyone happy ...

blueomaha
01-12-2012, 12:05 PM
Ain't gonna happen....

NYG4ME
01-12-2012, 12:06 PM
I hate the JETS! Could careless who they acquire!

GeoGoGo
01-12-2012, 02:56 PM
The Jets are where good players go to die. Same hs the Mets.

burier
01-12-2012, 03:00 PM
Who the hell was supporting the Colts?

I don't know about you guys but I don't give a damn about where Peyton plays as long as its not in the NFC East.

And the idea of supporting a team because our QBs brother plays for it is ghey

bigbluecanuck80
01-13-2012, 01:06 AM
Jets are a bloody mess. Peyton wont go there, plus play in the division with Brady and cold games? He either plays in Indy or retires. Hes a ka-zillionaire. He doesnt need to play, especially with a damaged neck.

Itlan
01-13-2012, 01:13 AM
Two places Peyton will never play - New York, and the NFC East. Period.

YATittle1962
01-13-2012, 03:03 AM
...then become more supportive of the Jets as we did when he was in Indy out of respect for Eli since Eli became a Giant? Obviously not if we are playing against them but...

...since most Giants fans despise the Jets (and even more-so with Rex in charge)...it seems interesting to ponder...I actually would, I think. I kinda supported them when Brett Favre was there as well as Vinnie Testaverde and I think Payton is one of the best, if not the best, QB in the NFL ever!

Disclaimer: This is speculative so please don't be a dumb-ss and ask for a link!

you do realize that the Jets just brought in Tony Sparano right?

that would be like hiring Mario Batali to come over and microwave you some spaghettios

lawl
01-13-2012, 03:04 AM
...then become more supportive of the Jets as we did when he was in Indy out of respect for Eli since Eli became a Giant? Obviously not if we are playing against them but... ...since most Giants fans despise the Jets (and even more-so with Rex in charge)...it seems interesting to ponder...I actually would, I think. I kinda supported them when Brett Favre was there as well as Vinnie Testaverde and I think Payton is one of the best, if not the best, QB in the NFL ever! Disclaimer: This is speculative so please don't be a dumb-ss and ask for a link! you do realize that the Jets just brought in Tony Sparano right? that would be like hiring Mario Batali to come over and microwave you some spaghettios</P>

best spaghettios youll ever eat</P>

TheEnigma
01-13-2012, 03:16 AM
I don't know why but I have this gut feeling that Peyton will follow the footsteps of another great QB and end his career as a Kansas City Chief. Romeo Crennel and the Hunt family are a bit more respectable than Rex Ryan and Woody Johnson. Wow, the AFC West would be a pretty exciting division then.

Old man Peyton and the Chiefs
Baby Jesus and the Broncos
Rivers and the Chargers
We-can't-make-up-our-minds Raiders

lawl
01-13-2012, 03:22 AM
Peyton's trade value and the subsequent success it should bring the Colts franchise is most definitely worth $28M if you ask me. </P>

jhamburg
01-13-2012, 04:27 AM
I don't know why but I have this gut feeling that Peyton will follow the footsteps of another great QB and end his career as a Kansas City Chief. Romeo Crennel and the Hunt family are a bit more respectable than Rex Ryan and Woody Johnson. Wow, the AFC West would be a pretty exciting division then.

Old man Peyton and the Chiefs
Baby Jesus and the Broncos
Rivers and the Chargers
We-can't-make-up-our-minds Raiders

I really like the Chiefs, I think they are the next great defense in the NFL. They don't have much going on at QB and had a lot of injuries this year, and they still finished pretty strong. Throw in a healthy jamal charles, a healthy eric berry, and Peyton throwing to Bowe? I never thought I'd describe the Chiefs as 'scary', but wow.

Gunakor
01-13-2012, 06:35 AM
I'm not sure how the Giants/Jets scenario works so I ask this simply out of curiosity. I know the Giants and Jets play in the same stadium, but being that the two teams play in separate conferences, wouldn't that mean the two teams would only play each other once out of every 4 years? If that's the case, how would Peyton becoming a Jet be treading on Eli's turf? I mean if the greater New York Metropolitan area wasn't big enough for 2 professional football teams they wouldn't have 2, I'd imagine, so wouldn't New York be big enough then to accomodate 2 superstar QB's from the same family? Meaning, isn't there enough turf for both of them? Again, just asking out of curiosity.

NYfanatic
01-13-2012, 10:37 PM
Yea, then Peyton would make Rex shut up. At least then the jet fans could finally connect to us with a good QB like we have in Eli. beside I liked the Chad Pennington- Jon Vilma- Mangini/Herman Edwards Jets of 2000-2008. Jet fans will I bet calm down with Manning in charge. I bet Manning will say somthing like "Listen, Jet fans and the entire organization, DONT SAY A WORD. I operate by that way and that is how you win championships so Shut up Rex"

gmen0820
01-13-2012, 10:41 PM
I'm rooting for this move to happen. Remember when we won the SB and the Jets acquired Favre and some Giants claimed they were happy because that really took them out of the spotlight?

Well when we win the SB this year, the Jets can take over the spot light again.

poppa smurph
01-13-2012, 10:43 PM
I don't know why but I have this gut feeling that Peyton will follow the footsteps of another great QB and end his career as a Kansas City Chief. Romeo Crennel and the Hunt family are a bit more respectable than Rex Ryan and Woody Johnson. Wow, the AFC West would be a pretty exciting division then. Old man Peyton and the Chiefs Baby Jesus and the Broncos Rivers and the Chargers We-can't-make-up-our-minds Raiderslol, where'd you get that sig of me??</P>

I'm the first on the l..</P>

by himself....[:$]</P>

gmen0820
01-13-2012, 10:44 PM
Weird idea but I can see the Jets attempting a trade for Romo.

NYfanatic
01-13-2012, 11:18 PM
I'm rooting for this move to happen. Remember when we won the SB and the Jets acquired Favre and some Giants claimed they were happy because that really took them out of the spotlight?

Well when we win the SB this year, the Jets can take over the spot light again.
Giants are always better when not on the front page. Let the jets take all media attention. Make it that much easier for us to win 2 in a row...

RoanokeFan
01-13-2012, 11:23 PM

I'm guessing they won't change the name to the Peytons so yes, they'd still be the "Little Brother"

Steelman
01-14-2012, 11:22 AM
The thought of this even happening is obsurd.
This was all just media crap.

Redeyejedi
01-14-2012, 11:24 AM
I cant picture Peyton wanting to play for the Jets

Redeyejedi
01-14-2012, 11:29 AM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7450673/new-york-jets-chances-luring-peyton-manning-slim-none

This is exactly what I was thinking. To me Peyton to the Jets goes against everything Peyton represents

GiantInNorway
01-15-2012, 11:27 AM
In my opinion, the Dolphins have a much better chance to get Peyton than the Jets..

As Francesca said

1) Peyton doesnt want to play in the cold
2) Peyton and Archie won't like the idea of stepping into Eli's turf + Jets reputation as loudmouths (no class)
3) 2/3rds of the league will want him (even people who have semi established quarterbacks will consider cost etc)

Peyton definitely should have received the MVP this season in my opinion.

Indianapolis with Peyton is 10-4 at least. Without they can only win 1 game.... I mean, Peyton with ANY type of defense and semi ok talent will bring YOUR franchise deep into the playoffs even if its only for 3 years. Any team, even with a quarterback they think will bring them some success, would be idiots not to consider Peyton..

Oh yeah, the point was something about Jets getting Peyton.. My reply, Miami has a better chance :)

jomo
01-15-2012, 11:34 AM
...then become more supportive of the Jets as we did when he was in Indy out of respect for Eli since Eli became a Giant? Obviously not if we are playing against them but... ...since most Giants fans despise the Jets (and even more-so with Rex in charge)...it seems interesting to ponder...I actually would, I think. I kinda supported them when Brett Favre was there as well as Vinnie Testaverde and I think Payton is one of the best, if not the best, QB in the NFL ever! Disclaimer: This is speculative so please don't be a dumb-ss and ask for a link!I don't think this has anything to do with Eli and our respect for him. Some people will never like the Jets no matter what. I am in the middle. If they had a classy owner, classy coach and classy player I would be happy when they win (except against BIG BLUE). If they were to sign Peyton, they would be one third of the way there. [;)]