PDA

View Full Version : By Game Time, Rodgers Has Not Played For 3 Weeks

TheAngryTuna
01-12-2012, 09:31 AM
He will be at least a little rusty. I am not saying he is going to throw three picks, he probably won't even throw one, but he might just put a little too much on a third and long throw. He might just throw a little short on a slant on second down, giving us a third and long.

This game is probably going to come down to the last possession again, and if Rodgers lack of actual game play can cause a punt or two added to whatever stops our defence causes, I am liking our chances more and more.

Mercury
01-12-2012, 09:43 AM
It's not like he hasn't touched a FB in three weeks. He's been practicing all along and your hope he suddenly becomes inaccurate is silly. What you should hope for is that our Dline takes him out of his comfort zone with sacks, hits, and knockdowns. Then you might hope to see him become inaccurate.

ryan12
01-12-2012, 09:48 AM
i think it might make a diffrence stamina wise not throwing the ball

GMENAGAIN
01-12-2012, 09:49 AM
I think that this is a potentially significant factor that has been totally ignored by the media . . . . .

RonJon
01-12-2012, 09:51 AM
Thats why its all tjhe more important to get off to a fast start since its possible Rodgers will not bew as sharp as he normally is at the start. But he will quickly find his rythmn after a possession or 2

TheAngryTuna
01-12-2012, 11:06 AM
I'm not saying his completion percentage is going to drop to Sanchez levels, I'm just saying that it is different in practice than it is in a game, and that the time off from doing it will have an effect on him. Yes, he can throw in practice in full gear, but it is completly differnt in the game than in practice.

G-Man67
01-12-2012, 11:08 AM
yup, this is big, IMO ... and if you go back a couple more weeks, he played poorly vs. KC ... so he has had 1 great game in 5 weeks

i know it might be wishful thinking, but the guy is only human ... if he's rusty, if we get lead, then we can pin our ears back and then look out

NYG4ME
01-12-2012, 11:10 AM
yup, this is big, IMO ... and if you go back a couple more weeks, he played poorly vs. KC ... so he has had 1 great game in 5 weeks

i know it might be wishful thinking, but the guy is only human ... if he's rusty, if we get lead, then we can pin our ears back and then look out</p>

Was thinking the same thing the other day at work... If we build a lead I feel like our D can do just that.. Lets force him into making mistakes.
</p>

NYG4ME
01-12-2012, 11:10 AM

i know it might be wishful thinking, but the guy is only human ... if he's rusty, if we get lead, then we can pin our ears back and then look out</p>

Was thinking the same thing the other day at work... If we build a lead I feel like our D can do just that.. Lets force him into making mistakes.
</p>

jomo
01-12-2012, 11:15 AM
Don't give him anything that feels familiar, disrupt pass routes, split the center and guard so he has to throw off his heels and off rhythym. It guarantees nothing but gives us our best shot. We don't want him feeling comfortable if at all possible. A few weeks rust never hurts. Go Blue!

blueomaha
01-12-2012, 11:15 AM
Gotta put Rogers on the ground...that is the key and hit their recievers at the LOS...

Dabluguy
01-12-2012, 12:43 PM
I hope he is rusty but him being the best QB in the NFL I doubt it that dude is a God Tier QB and I hope our d makes him eat that cold turf in Wisconsin.

SIMMS5611
01-12-2012, 12:50 PM
Take Rogers OUT.</P>

Do it clean.</P>

Do it correct.</P>

Do it within the rules.</P>

Do it Old School Giants, Burt into Montana, Marshal into Montana, LT into EVERYONE style...</P>

...but take his @$!*? OUT.</P>

burier
01-12-2012, 12:54 PM
week one of the season he looked like world beater without having an off season.

All signs point to Rogers being Rust Proof.

CDN_G-FAN
01-12-2012, 01:19 PM
if we beat this team it'll be because our defense plays way above expectations, not because Rodgers is missing throws because he's 'rusty'.</P>

i am 100% certain he'll be 100% ready to play.</P>

CDN_G-FAN
01-12-2012, 01:21 PM
week one of the season he looked like world beater without having an off season. All signs point to Rogers being Rust Proof.</P>

+1</P>

i think this guy could roll out of bed, stretch his hammies, walk onto a game field and throw better than 50% of the QBs in the league.</P>

SweetZombieJesus
01-12-2012, 02:03 PM

</p>

I'm a big believer in momentum (witness our team's transformation since the Jets game). I always got nervous when the Giants have a bye week in the playoffs. The Packers may not miss a beat but I think it's possible they show some slop and rust.
</p>

Tony Bruno
01-12-2012, 02:15 PM
If the D line can get pressure and hits on AR it will def slow him down more... We gotta play lights out on D in order to beat the Pack

We must also commit to the run...

lavar2
01-12-2012, 07:20 PM
It's not that he hasn't thrown or practiced in 3 weeks but much more importantly he hasn't been hit in 3 weeks!!! The guy has not been put on his back and had to respond. In practice, he's got that red jersey on and nobody can touch em. We'll see how he responds Sunday. Go Gmen.

Delicreep
01-12-2012, 08:54 PM
week one of the season he looked like world beater without having an off season.

All signs point to Rogers being Rust Proof.

I really, really want to argue with you o this, but I just can't do it.

lnp12
01-12-2012, 09:19 PM
It's not that he hasn't thrown or practiced in 3 weeks but much more importantly he hasn't been hit in 3 weeks!!! The guy has not been put on his back and had to respond. In practice, he's got that red jersey on and nobody can touch em. We'll see how he responds Sunday. Go Gmen.

This. I'm 100% he'll be ready to throw and won't miss a beat...but...BUT..if our defense can really hit him hard that might be exactly what shows his "rust." Especially if we keep getting to him play after play; he hasn't had to get back up after hits from guys like our front 4 in three weeks so it might take him a possession or two to get back into that.

fightngiant
01-12-2012, 09:30 PM
Take Rogers OUT.</p>

Do it clean.</p>

Do it correct.</p>

Do it within the rules.</p>

Do it Old School Giants, Burt into Montana, Marshal into Montana, LT into EVERYONE style...</p>

...but take his @$!*? OUT.</p>

Couldn't have said it better myself!