PDA

View Full Version : GB schedule. Always love to look into numbers more in depth.

DragonSoul
01-12-2012, 01:20 PM
GB -
Saints - Good opening win, cannot take anything away from this win.

Panthers - Win over a rookie QB

Bears - Division win, cannot knock them here, plus they were fighting for 1st/2nd place before Cutler got injured.

Broncos - Before tebow played, but still shouldn't have made a difference, but again the team and the record they faced is more important.

Falcons - Solid regular season, but over-rated as they were last year imho (and even said it, even when they finished 13-3)

Rams - Nothing needs to be said

Vikes - Only defense is they are a division game

SD - As we saw after a few years Turner cannot win, and we saw what type of team they were

Vikes - Again Divisional game

Bucs - Took a huge step back

Lions - Again solid win vs a division opponent. (Updated) But they beat the Broncos (before tebow), Cowboys, SD and the Bears, who all finished .500 with an 8-8 record. They did not beat one team with a winning record this year.

Giants - We know what happened here.

Raiders - Some fight, but nothing that scares.

Chiefs - One of the worst teams in the league this year, where their coach was the first to get fired but the LOST too.

Bears - No Cutler, no Forte, division game doesn't matter here.

Lions - Division game even with some pack taking a break, but as mentioned above about beating winning teams.

Final Record...15 - 1

Take away what you want from this. Just figured it be interesting to really look at who they played.

FiremanBob
01-12-2012, 01:24 PM
I was looking at the same thing a few minutes ago. I don't think they had it very tough. I'm more confident now then I was in December.

SweetZombieJesus
01-12-2012, 01:32 PM
Thanks for the breakdown, but I think even if you played the worst teams in the league all the time going 15-1 is still impressive -- any given Sunday, and all that.

Such as the Giants losing to the Charlie Whitehurst Seaslugs or the Vince Young Eggholes, both at home.

DragonSoul
01-12-2012, 01:39 PM
Thanks for the breakdown, but I think even if you played the worst teams in the league all the time going 15-1 is still impressive -- any given Sunday, and all that.

Such as the Giants losing to the Charlie Whitehurst Seaslugs or the Vince Young Eggholes, both at home.
Agreed. You can break it down more, and I would if I wasn't in class for both of our schedules.

But I just wanted to put some what of a template out there, and let others look more into it if they feel they want to, or at least have some sort of reference to GBS schedule this year.

GameTime
01-12-2012, 01:39 PM
Packers 15-1</P>

Giants 9-7 &amp; 1-0 in the playoffs.</P>

All that means squat this Sunday. They start the game even and go from there....</P>

</P>

</P>

JJC7301
01-12-2012, 02:14 PM
I was looking at the same thing a few minutes ago. I don't think they had it very tough. I'm more confident now then I was in December.</P>

Yeah, thanks for their schedule. It doesn't excuse our poor play against poor teams (our injuries helped on that). However, howthe heck did we wind up with the hardest schedule in the league?!?! We didn't even win our own DIVISION last year, let alone the SB. What a bunch of crap.</P>

This pumps me up even more. THIS year, we beat the # 1 seed in the AFC and ALMOST beat the # 1 AND # 2 seeds in the NFC -- all of this while banged up beyond belief. We got blown out once and it was by N.O. </P>

I really hope that we take out the teams ahead of us and win the SB. Honestly, no prisoners. It's time for the Giants to get angry and play angry.</P>

Tony Bruno
01-12-2012, 02:18 PM
Our schedule was way harder... Our division is way tougher...

DragonSoul
01-12-2012, 02:31 PM
Packers 15-1</P>

Giants 9-7* &* 1-0 in the playoffs.</P>

All that means squat this Sunday. They start the game even and go from there....</P>

*</P>

*</P>2 different issues.

1) People are looking at previous schedule as a hint to why one team is better then another

2) I agree with you that the playoffs are a different beast especially if you are playing up to your level, vs when you were not.

DragonSoul
01-12-2012, 02:36 PM
I was looking at the same thing a few minutes ago. I don't think they had it very tough. I'm more confident now then I was in December.</P>

Yeah, thanks for their schedule.* It doesn't excuse our poor play against poor teams (our injuries helped on that).* However, how*the heck did we wind up with the hardest schedule in the league?!?!* We didn't even win our own DIVISION last year, let alone the SB.* What a bunch of crap.</P>

This pumps me up even more.* THIS year, we beat the # 1 seed in the AFC and ALMOST beat the # 1 AND # 2 seeds in the NFC -- all of this while banged up beyond belief.* We got blown out once and it was by N.O.* </P>

I really hope that we take out the teams ahead of us and win the SB.* Honestly, no prisoners.* It's time for the Giants to get angry and play angry.*</P>I quickly eyed it, but I think some of it is the Rams played better, also Bucs were a 10 win team last year and the Vikes I cannot recall. So some of the good teams from last year hit flat on their face.

But we always seem to have a tougher schedule then the Boys and Eagles. Look at it the last few years.

But year our final 8 games was ridiculous. Do not care how the teams did last year, as you knew all those would be contenders, or at least maybe 7 out of the 9.

As you could assume the 49ers were not gonna be good (everyone was wrong), and the skins were still rebuilding. Yet the rest were going to be on playoff bound, till we knocked the jets, cowboys out of it, and inadvertently knocked the eagles out as well vs the win against the Jets.

JJC7301
01-12-2012, 02:39 PM
Our schedule was way harder... Our division is way tougher...</P>

Our division stunk. At least the North had Detroit.</P>

adversus
01-12-2012, 02:41 PM
Our schedule was way harder... Our division is way tougher...

the division is way tougher? You mean the Dallas Cowboys and The Philadelphia Eagles? Are you kidding?

NFC North: 2 playoff teams
NFC East: 1 playoff team

JJC7301
01-12-2012, 02:41 PM

Yeah, thanks for their schedule. It doesn't excuse our poor play against poor teams (our injuries helped on that). However, howthe heck did we wind up with the hardest schedule in the league?!?! We didn't even win our own DIVISION last year, let alone the SB. What a bunch of crap.</P>

This pumps me up even more. THIS year, we beat the # 1 seed in the AFC and ALMOST beat the # 1 AND # 2 seeds in the NFC -- all of this while banged up beyond belief. We got blown out once and it was by N.O. </P>

I really hope that we take out the teams ahead of us and win the SB. Honestly, no prisoners. It's time for the Giants to get angry and play angry.</P>

I quickly eyed it, but I think some of it is the Rams played better, also Bucs were a 10 win team last year and the Vikes I cannot recall. So some of the good teams from last year hit flat on their face. But we always seem to have a tougher schedule then the Boys and Eagles. Look at it the last few years. But year our final 8 games was ridiculous. Do not care how the teams did last year, as you knew all those would be contenders, or at least maybe 7 out of the 9. As you could assume the 49ers were not gonna be good (everyone was wrong), and the skins were still rebuilding. Yet the rest were going to be on playoff bound, till we knocked the jets, cowboys out of it, and inadvertently knocked the eagles out as well vs the win against the Jets.</P>

I actually LIKE the harder schedule because it's a better barometer of our own team, plus it gets them prepped for the playoffs (mentality wise) if they make it that far (which we obviously did this year). I'd just like to see the teams that do better than us (i.e. Dallas and Philly last year) have schedules just as hard. Or the Pack, who won the SB.</P>

I do realize that the schedule makers can only base it on last years performances, but we sure did seem to have a tough schedule in '08 afterWE won the SB -- Pitt, Ravens, Cards, Eagles (in our division, so no choice). All of those teams went to the conference championship games and we put the beat down on all of them except the Eagles, who we went 1-1 against and of course lost to in the playoffs (2008 was such a bitter year).</P>

DragonSoul
01-12-2012, 02:52 PM

Our division stunk.* At least the North had Detroit.</P>They beat the Broncos (before tebow), Cowboys, SD and the Bears, who all finished .500 with an 8-8 record.

They did not beat one team with a winning record this year.

miked1958
01-12-2012, 03:15 PM
GB - Saints - Good opening win, cannot take anything away from this win. Panthers - Win over a rookie QB Bears - Division win, cannot knock them here, plus they were fighting for 1st/2nd place before Cutler got injured. Broncos - Before tebow played, but still shouldn't have made a difference, but again the team and the record they faced is more important. Falcons - Solid regular season, but over-rated as they were last year imho (and even said it, even when they finished 13-3) Rams - Nothing needs to be said Vikes - Only defense is they are a division game SD - As we saw after a few years Turner cannot win, and we saw what type of team they were Vikes - Again Divisional game Bucs - Took a huge step back Lions - Again solid win vs a division opponent. (Updated) But they beat the Broncos (before tebow), Cowboys, SD and the Bears, who all finished .500 with an 8-8 record. They did not beat one team with a winning record this year. Giants - We know what happened here. Raiders - Some fight, but nothing that scares. Chiefs - One of the worst teams in the league this year, where their coach was the first to get fired but the LOST too. Bears - No Cutler, no Forte, division game doesn't matter here. Lions - Division game even with some pack taking a break, but as mentioned above about beating winning teams. Final Record...15 - 1 Take away what you want from this. Just figured it be interesting to really look at who they played.</P>

UT Oh... I think what you were scared to say was that they really have not been tested except for us and the saints game..</P>

Could be why the GB Boards were rooting for the Falcons. LOL</P>

Gianthunter
01-12-2012, 06:35 PM
Can't take the 500 rule from the start. Unless you factor the prior year. It won't wash

barrister
01-12-2012, 06:53 PM

Our division stunk.* At least the North had Detroit.</P>They beat the Broncos (before tebow), Cowboys, SD and the Bears, who all finished .500 with an 8-8 record.

Wait...what? The Packers did not beat one team with a winning record this year??? How do you figure?

In the regular season...
Packers had six games against teams that made the playoffs, and finished 6-0 in those games.
Giants had four games against teams that made the playoffs, and finished 1-3 in thos games.

No offense guys, but I think you all significantly overrate your schedule and division. The NFC East was not good this year, and many of the teams on your schedule just did not live up to expectations. The only reason your SOS may be solid is because the four (future) playoff teams that you did play all had outstanding records: Packers, Pats, Saints and Niners. Again, you went 1-3 in those games.

Honestly, I think SOS is overrated statistic. A very good or bad record here and there can make a major difference, when in fact it isn't so significant.

DragonSoul
01-12-2012, 10:20 PM

Wait...what? The Packers did not beat one team with a winning record this year??? How do you figure?

In the regular season...
Packers had six games against teams that made the playoffs, and finished 6-0 in those games.
Giants had four games against teams that made the playoffs, and finished 1-3 in thos games.

No offense guys, but I think you all significantly overrate your schedule and division. The NFC East was not good this year, and many of the teams on your schedule just did not live up to expectations. The only reason your SOS may be solid is because the four (future) playoff teams that you did play all had outstanding records: Packers, Pats, Saints and Niners. Again, you went 1-3 in those games.

Honestly, I think SOS is overrated statistic. A very good or bad record here and there can make a major difference, when in fact it isn't so significant.Read through the whole thread lol. The LIONS!!! not GB.