PDA

View Full Version : Packer fan/shareholder here.

barrister
01-12-2012, 02:54 PM
First off, I want to say congrats on your team's late season surge. I was happy to see you win the NFC East over Dallas and Philly. Your win over Atlanta last week was also very impressive. We ended that "Matty Ice" crap with that beat-down last year (especially Williams' pick-6 before half), and you guys further buried it last week. Well done.

I'm not going to lie: the Giants are a formidable opponent for the Green Bay Packers. You have the best d-line in the playoffs, multiple solid WRs, a great RB combo, and a QB that is playing good ball. You also have a good mix of veteran leadership and youthful enthusiasm. I've enjoyed watching them play.

That said, this Packers team may be the most disrespected defending champ that I have ever seen. We're coming off a 15-1 regular season, which is the best record a defending championship team has ever posted. Rodgers is playing the QB position as well as anyone has ever played it. We have a outstanding group of WRs. And while our defense gives up yards, it still has a number of playmakers (e.g., CMIII, Woodson, etc.), is opportunistic (i.e., forces turnovers), and is usually stingy in the red zone. On top of all of that, we have home field advantage. With all of that in mind, I like our chances.

Keys to the game:

1) Turnovers. The Packers' defensive success depends on whether we get turnovers. We don't mind giving up the yards, as long as we get turnovers in the process. It is not a coincidence that the Packers' only loss this year came in a game in which they defense did not cause a single turnover. We must force turnovers to win the game. On the other hand, it's going to be tough for the Giants to win a game if they lose the turnover battle. The Packers just don't turn it over much.

2) Packers' offensive line vs. Giants' defensive line. Both of these units are getting healthy at the right time, so this should be interesting. Green Bay's o-line is generally underrated. When they are healthy, they are a solid group. Clifton and Bulaga are dependable tackles, and Sitton is one of the best guards in football. Well has been a rock at center. One issue I have had is that when a guy is having an off day, the Packers seem reluctant to give him help. We'll see if that trend continues, should someone have a bad day. Meanwhile, the Giants' defensive line is STACKED. But the key isn't just pressuring Rodgers; they will have to put him on the ground in order to have any success. Consider Rodgers' play over the Packers current run of 21-1. Plenty of teams have put pressure on him (e.g., Falcons in the playoffs last year), the problem is that he is one of the best at escaping pressure, and he is honestly the most accurate QB that I have ever seen on move. If the Packers can protect Rodgers and he has time, watch out...the Giants secondary will have a long day.

3) Special teams play. Crosby and Tynes are both solid kickers, but I'll give the edge to Crosby. Masthay (Packers' punter) has been a great player for the Packers. He was critical to our run last year, and he has been solid this entire year. He has played at an pro bowl level. With Cobb, the Packers march into the playoffs with the best special teams weapon that they've fielded since Desmond Howard. The kid is a rookie, so he will make the occasional rookie mistake (e.g., not make the fair catch call when it is the smart thing to do), but overall, Cobb has been an outstanding addition to the Packers (even as the #4/5 WR). He has the ability to take one to the house at any given point. As far as coverage, we were NOT good last year, but for the most part, I think the Packers ST units have been solid this year. I'll be honest: I don't know much about the Giants' ST units. I welcome your take.

4) Finley (Packers' TE). He has an arrogance to him that rubs some people the wrong way, and recently he has had a case of the dropsies. However, when this guy balls, he is an absolute nightmare. You can't single cover him with a LB, CB, or S, because he represents such a difficult matchup. Thus, you typically see his man receive help from the safety, which opens things up for the others. For this reason, his effect isn't always evident by this stats. If he suffers from the case of the dropsies on Sunday, though, it can be a major problem for the Packers. His drops have killed many drives this season.

5) Giants' ability to run. I know that the Giants rank towards the bottom of the league in rushing, but I'm not buying it. You're brining a healthy Jacobs & Bradshaw to the party, so I fully expect you all to try to establish the run. The Packers must be able to stop it with their front 7 and leave the safeties available to defend the pass. The Packers should benefit from the return of Bishop and Hawk (more so Bishop, because Smith & Francois are playmaking backups in Hawk's absence). I'm also looking for Raji, Pickett, and Green to accept the challenge that the Giants' rushing attack presents. If the Packers' front-7 can't handle it, and they are forced to drop a safety at times, I expect Eli to take advantage.

6) Red Zone success. The Packers can put up a lot of points, and in order to keep up, the Giants will have to put 7s on the board instead of 3s. And while the Packers' defense has given up a lot of yards, they have been fairly successful in the redzone. Their redzone play & turnovers are the reason they rank in the middle of the league in points allowed, while they rank dead last in yards. It is a bend but don't break attitude.

Overall, my prediction is that Rodgers go into beast mode, and Manning struggles to keep up. It is fairly close going into the 4th, but then Rodgers & Co. put it away. Woodson & Clay make some key big plays on defense.

Packers 38
Giants 27

Good luck, guys. Nice forum.

GMENAGAIN
01-12-2012, 02:58 PM
First off, I want to say congrats on your team's late season surge. I was happy to see you win the NFC East over Dallas and Philly. Your win over Atlanta last week was also very impressive. We ended that "Matty Ice" crap with that beat-down last year (especially Williams' pick-6 before half), and you guys further buried it last week. Well done. I'm not going to lie: the Giants are a formidable opponent for the Green Bay Packers. You have the best d-line in the playoffs, multiple solid WRs, a great RB combo, and a QB that is playing good ball. You also have a good mix of veteran leadership and youthful enthusiasm. I've enjoyed watching them play. That said, this Packers team may be the most disrespected defending champ that I have ever seen. We're coming off a 15-1 regular season, which is the best record a defending championship team has ever posted. Rodgers is playing the QB position as well as anyone has ever played it. We have a outstanding group of WRs. And while our defense gives up yards, it still has a number of playmakers (e.g., CMIII, Woodson, etc.), is opportunistic (i.e., forces turnovers), and is usually stingy in the red zone. On top of all of that, we have home field advantage. With all of that in mind, I like our chances. Keys to the game: 1) Turnovers. The Packers' defensive success depends on whether we get turnovers. We don't mind giving up the yards, as long as we get turnovers in the process. It is not a coincidence that the Packers' only loss this year came in a game in which they defense did not cause a single turnover. We must force turnovers to win the game. On the other hand, it's going to be tough for the Giants to win a game if they lose the turnover battle. The Packers just don't turn it over much. 2) Packers' offensive line vs. Giants' defensive line. Both of these units are getting healthy at the right time, so this should be interesting. Green Bay's o-line is generally underrated. When they are healthy, they are a solid group. Clifton and Bulaga are dependable tackles, and Sitton is one of the best guards in football. Well has been a rock at center. One issue I have had is that when a guy is having an off day, the Packers seem reluctant to give him help. We'll see if that trend continues, should someone have a bad day. Meanwhile, the Giants' defensive line is STACKED. But the key isn't just pressuring Rodgers; they will have to put him on the ground in order to have any success. Consider Rodgers' play over the Packers current run of 21-1. Plenty of teams have put pressure on him (e.g., Falcons in the playoffs last year), the problem is that he is one of the best at escaping pressure, and he is honestly the most accurate QB that I have ever seen on move. If the Packers can protect Rodgers and he has time, watch out...the Giants secondary will have a long day. 3) Special teams play. Crosby and Tynes are both solid kickers, but I'll give the edge to Crosby. Masthay (Packers' punter) has been a great player for the Packers. He was critical to our run last year, and he has been solid this entire year. He has played at an pro bowl level. With Cobb, the Packers march into the playoffs with the best special teams weapon that they've fielded since Desmond Howard. The kid is a rookie, so he will make the occasional rookie mistake (e.g., not make the fair catch call when it is the smart thing to do), but overall, Cobb has been an outstanding addition to the Packers (even as the #4/5 WR). He has the ability to take one to the house at any given point. As far as coverage, we were NOT good last year, but for the most part, I think the Packers ST units have been solid this year. I'll be honest: I don't know much about the Giants' ST units. I welcome your take. 4) Finley (Packers' TE). He has an arrogance to him that rubs some people the wrong way, and recently he has had a case of the dropsies. However, when this guy balls, he is an absolute nightmare. You can't single cover him with a LB, CB, or S, because he represents such a difficult matchup. Thus, you typically see his man receive help from the safety, which opens things up for the others. For this reason, his effect isn't always evident by this stats. If he suffers from the case of the dropsies on Sunday, though, it can be a major problem for the Packers. His drops have killed many drives this season. 5) Giants' ability to run. I know that the Giants rank towards the bottom of the league in rushing, but I'm not buying it. You're brining a healthy Jacobs &amp; Bradshaw to the party, so I fully expect you all to try to establish the run. The Packers must be able to stop it with their front 7 and leave the safeties available to defend the pass. The Packers should benefit from the return of Bishop and Hawk (more so Bishop, because Smith &amp; Francois are playmaking backups in Hawk's absence). I'm also looking for Raji, Pickett, and Green to accept the challenge that the Giants' rushing attack presents. If the Packers' front-7 can't handle it, and they are forced to drop a safety at times, I expect Eli to take advantage. 6) Red Zone success. The Packers can put up a lot of points, and in order to keep up, the Giants will have to put 7s on the board instead of 3s. And while the Packers' defense has given up a lot of yards, they have been fairly successful in the redzone. Their redzone play &amp; turnovers are the reason they rank in the middle of the league in points allowed, while they rank dead last in yards. It is a bend but don't break attitude. Overall, my prediction is that Rodgers go into beast mode, and Manning struggles to keep up. It is fairly close going into the 4th, but then Rodgers &amp; Co. put it away. Woodson &amp; Clay make some key big plays on defense. Packers 38 Giants 27 Good luck, guys. Nice forum.</P>

This is a very good, objective post. </P>

One thing that I think that you left out though is the recent resurgence of the Giants D. I don't think that they will shut Rodgers down by any means -- but I think that they will do a better job than they did last game. </P>

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the game goes the way that you predict.</P>

</P>

</P>

ny06
01-12-2012, 03:03 PM
First off, I want to say congrats on your team's late season surge. I was happy to see you win the NFC East over Dallas and Philly. Your win over Atlanta last week was also very impressive. We ended that "Matty Ice" crap with that beat-down last year (especially Williams' pick-6 before half), and you guys further buried it last week. Well done. I'm not going to lie: the Giants are a formidable opponent for the Green Bay Packers. You have the best d-line in the playoffs, multiple solid WRs, a great RB combo, and a QB that is playing good ball. You also have a good mix of veteran leadership and youthful enthusiasm. I've enjoyed watching them play. That said, this Packers team may be the most disrespected defending champ that I have ever seen. We're coming off a 15-1 regular season, which is the best record a defending championship team has ever posted. Rodgers is playing the QB position as well as anyone has ever played it. We have a outstanding group of WRs. And while our defense gives up yards, it still has a number of playmakers (e.g., CMIII, Woodson, etc.), is opportunistic (i.e., forces turnovers), and is usually stingy in the red zone. On top of all of that, we have home field advantage. With all of that in mind, I like our chances. Keys to the game: 1) Turnovers. The Packers' defensive success depends on whether we get turnovers. We don't mind giving up the yards, as long as we get turnovers in the process. It is not a coincidence that the Packers' only loss this year came in a game in which they defense did not cause a single turnover. We must force turnovers to win the game. On the other hand, it's going to be tough for the Giants to win a game if they lose the turnover battle. The Packers just don't turn it over much. 2) Packers' offensive line vs. Giants' defensive line. Both of these units are getting healthy at the right time, so this should be interesting. Green Bay's o-line is generally underrated. When they are healthy, they are a solid group. Clifton and Bulaga are dependable tackles, and Sitton is one of the best guards in football. Well has been a rock at center. One issue I have had is that when a guy is having an off day, the Packers seem reluctant to give him help. We'll see if that trend continues, should someone have a bad day. Meanwhile, the Giants' defensive line is STACKED. But the key isn't just pressuring Rodgers; they will have to put him on the ground in order to have any success. Consider Rodgers' play over the Packers current run of 21-1. Plenty of teams have put pressure on him (e.g., Falcons in the playoffs last year), the problem is that he is one of the best at escaping pressure, and he is honestly the most accurate QB that I have ever seen on move. If the Packers can protect Rodgers and he has time, watch out...the Giants secondary will have a long day. 3) Special teams play. Crosby and Tynes are both solid kickers, but I'll give the edge to Crosby. Masthay (Packers' punter) has been a great player for the Packers. He was critical to our run last year, and he has been solid this entire year. He has played at an pro bowl level. With Cobb, the Packers march into the playoffs with the best special teams weapon that they've fielded since Desmond Howard. The kid is a rookie, so he will make the occasional rookie mistake (e.g., not make the fair catch call when it is the smart thing to do), but overall, Cobb has been an outstanding addition to the Packers (even as the #4/5 WR). He has the ability to take one to the house at any given point. As far as coverage, we were NOT good last year, but for the most part, I think the Packers ST units have been solid this year. I'll be honest: I don't know much about the Giants' ST units. I welcome your take. 4) Finley (Packers' TE). He has an arrogance to him that rubs some people the wrong way, and recently he has had a case of the dropsies. However, when this guy balls, he is an absolute nightmare. You can't single cover him with a LB, CB, or S, because he represents such a difficult matchup. Thus, you typically see his man receive help from the safety, which opens things up for the others. For this reason, his effect isn't always evident by this stats. If he suffers from the case of the dropsies on Sunday, though, it can be a major problem for the Packers. His drops have killed many drives this season. 5) Giants' ability to run. I know that the Giants rank towards the bottom of the league in rushing, but I'm not buying it. You're brining a healthy Jacobs &amp; Bradshaw to the party, so I fully expect you all to try to establish the run. The Packers must be able to stop it with their front 7 and leave the safeties available to defend the pass. The Packers should benefit from the return of Bishop and Hawk (more so Bishop, because Smith &amp; Francois are playmaking backups in Hawk's absence). I'm also looking for Raji, Pickett, and Green to accept the challenge that the Giants' rushing attack presents. If the Packers' front-7 can't handle it, and they are forced to drop a safety at times, I expect Eli to take advantage. 6) Red Zone success. The Packers can put up a lot of points, and in order to keep up, the Giants will have to put 7s on the board instead of 3s. And while the Packers' defense has given up a lot of yards, they have been fairly successful in the redzone. Their redzone play &amp; turnovers are the reason they rank in the middle of the league in points allowed, while they rank dead last in yards. It is a bend but don't break attitude. Overall, my prediction is that Rodgers go into beast mode, and Manning struggles to keep up. It is fairly close going into the 4th, but then Rodgers &amp; Co. put it away. Woodson &amp; Clay make some key big plays on defense. Packers 38 Giants 27 Good luck, guys. Nice forum.</P>

You have yet to explain how your secondary will stop our wr's?</P>

And you say Rogers will go into beast mode, last time I checked Eli has been in beast mode for majority of the season. </P>

</P>

barrister
01-12-2012, 03:10 PM
I'll openly admit that the Giants WRs are excellent. Nicks is a BEAST, and Cruz has been a pleasant surprise for you all.

As for the Packers' pass D, the problem hasn't necessarily been our CB play; it has been the lack of pressure on the QB. A team can have the best CBs in football, but if you don't get good pressure on the QB, they will look quite average out there. The Packers are no different. They have struggled to get pressure on the opposing QB all season long. Hopefully Capers comes up with a plan to change that this week. We need to find a way to get Clay in the backfield. He's been putting pressures on the QBs, but his sack numbers are definitely down. The rest has been critical for him.

I don't see Eli having a choker. He'll probably put up around 300 yards/2 TDs. I think we get some key pressure on him, though, to force a couple turnovers.

I think we win the turnover battle by 2, and that will be one of the keys to victory.

Gunakor
01-12-2012, 03:12 PM
And you say Rogers will go in beast mode, last time I checked Eli has been in beast mode for majority of the season.

No, what he means is the NFL record setting 122 QB rating Rodgers had during the entire season is just normal Aaron Rodgers. I know right? That's the very definition of beast mode. But it's not. That's just Aaron Rodgers.

Now he goes into beast mode.

nygsb42champs
01-12-2012, 03:12 PM
Thanks for your predictions. Green Bay fans are a very good bunch.

Pakman
01-12-2012, 03:17 PM
As much as I want to bash you, I can't argue with a logical levelheaded poster.

Hope your wrong regarding the final score, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did go that way.

I wouldn't be surprised if we win 21-7 or if the Packers win 31-0 so basically this game really won't surprise me at all.

ny06
01-12-2012, 03:19 PM
I'll openly admit that the Giants WRs are excellent. Nicks is a BEAST, and Cruz has been a pleasant surprise for you all. As for the Packers' pass D, the problem hasn't necessarily been our CB play; it has been the lack of pressure on the QB. A team can have the best CBs in football, but if you don't get good pressure on the QB, they will look quite average out there. The Packers are no different. They have struggled to get pressure on the opposing QB all season long. Hopefully Capers comes up with a plan to change that this week. We need to find a way to get Clay in the backfield. He's been putting pressures on the QBs, but his sack numbers are definitely down. The rest has been critical for him. I don't see Eli having a choker. He'll probably put up around 300 yards/2 TDs. I think we get some key pressure on him, though, to force a couple turnovers. I think we win the turnover battle by 2, and that will be one of the keys to victory.</P>

I feel you guys will not be able to stop our 3 wr's Nicks,Cruz and Manningham. </P>

Like you said, good pressure will make any secondary look good. </P>

That's our weakness, our tackles get beat by speed rushers. </P>

Also we have been running the ball real well as of late (about time) how do you guys fair against the run? If we are able to run for success it will make our passing attack more dangerous. </P>

Last time we played you guys our defense was an utter joke, mostly cause of the injuries we have faced on defense. </P>

But I like how the defense has been playing as of late, the d-line is playing attack mode. And our secondary is playing much better. </P>

The main concern I have is you guys have so many weapons on the receiving game. You're tightend is a wr in a tightends body, Jennings and Driver are solid, and Nelson who has been under the radar is a real good player. </P>

All in all it will be a great game. </P>

adversus
01-12-2012, 03:20 PM
Thanks for your predictions. Green Bay fans are a very good bunch.

better than Atlanta fans right? Those guys are some fools.

Sundown
01-12-2012, 03:23 PM
27-20 Giants

My reasoning? No one will stop JPP.

GMENAGAIN
01-12-2012, 03:25 PM

And you say Rogers will go into beast mode, last time I checked Eli has been in beast mode for majority of the season. </P>

</P>

</P>

If Eli has been in beast mode all season, what kind of mode has Rodgers been in?</P>

vinylord
01-12-2012, 03:26 PM
Nice analysis. However, if you must count on forcing two turnovers to procure a win then it sounds like it's an uphill battle. You're at home! You're the top dog in the League.....you should be confident of winning a game with no turnovers, shouldn't you? 'The Geeee-men have shown they can take an opponent's home field advantage away - whether it be in Foxboro or Lambeau. They can play in the rain, sleet and snow. While having a dismal year due to injuries, they have great coaching and scary talent scattered around the roster. Last week they shutout the NFC's top rushing offense. The Giant's offense was so dominant they even scored the only two points the Falcons managed! I predict an evenly matched game and may the best team win.
May I speak for the entire Giant's fanbase when I send condolences to the family of the drowning tragedy.

ny06
01-12-2012, 03:28 PM

</P>

</P>

If Eli has been in beast mode all season, what kind of mode has Rodgers been in?</P>

</P>

Rogers has been in elite mode the second the season started. </P>

Gunakor
01-12-2012, 03:32 PM
I feel you guys will not be able to stop our 3 wr's Nicks,Cruz and Manningham.

Like you said, good pressure will make any secondary look good. </p>

That's our weakness, our tackles get beat by speed rushers. </p>

Also we have been running the ball real well as of late (about time) how do you guys fair against the run? If we are able to run for success it will make our passing attack more dangerous. </p>

Last time we played you guys our defense was an utter joke, mostly cause of the injuries we have faced on defense. </p>

But I like how the defense has been playing as of late, the d-line is playing attack mode. And our secondary is playing much better. </p>

The main concern I have is you guys have so many weapons on the receiving game. You're tightend is a wr in a tightends body, Jennings and Driver are solid, and Nelson who has been under the radar is a real good player. </p>

All in all it will be a great game. </p>

We play terrible defense against the run... Until you get into the red zone. Then it's a brick wall. It's like the ending of the Packers/Saints NFL season opener every time it's 4th and 1 or whatever and goal from the 1. Well, not every time, but often enough. They just seem to know how to stiffen up front when it's needed.

We have no speed rushers. Actually we do have one, but generally speaking, if you only have one then you don't have any. Double Clay, chip him with a back if you need, but he's the only one. Control him and Eli keeps his jersey clean. We miss Cullen Jenkins terribly.

And if we DID have a good pass rusher other than Clay Matthews, I believe our secondary would be just fine covering any WR corps in the NFL. They lead the league in interceptions even though nothing resembling a pass rush never materializes. If they didn't have to keep coverage forever due to QB's taking a nap in a perfectly clean pocket they'd be the best in the league.

barrister
01-12-2012, 03:35 PM
A good example of Rodgers' beast mode is the playoff game in Atlanta last year, or his performance in a losing effort in Arizona in 2009.

Rodgers has proven to be an excellent, reliable playoff QB. That said, Eli has some big playoff wins under his belt too.

Should be a good one.

JJC7301
01-12-2012, 03:36 PM
Agree on Matty Ice -- sick of hearing that garbage. Then again, their coach didn't help them much. He really stinks.</P>

You've got a great team that I really hope our team beats the crap out of. And I say that out of respect. After all the injuries and the incredibly hard schedule, I'm really eager to see how we matchup against the best team in the NFL with many of our key guyshealthy and the D playing like they are supposed to. I am tired wondering "what if" and those soul-numbing loses to inferior teams.</P>

I don't expect a win, but I feel it. This team is not only healthier, but playing hungry and like they mean business. I hope that it means that they can overcome the Pack, and I sincerely believe that they will. </P>

barrister
01-12-2012, 03:37 PM
I'll openly admit that the Giants WRs are excellent. Nicks is a BEAST, and Cruz has been a pleasant surprise for you all. As for the Packers' pass D, the problem hasn't necessarily been our CB play; it has been the lack of pressure on the QB. A team can have the best CBs in football, but if you don't get good pressure on the QB, they will look quite average out there. The Packers are no different. They have struggled to get pressure on the opposing QB all season long. Hopefully Capers comes up with a plan to change that this week. We need to find a way to get Clay in the backfield. He's been putting pressures on the QBs, but his sack numbers are definitely down. The rest has been critical for him. I don't see Eli having a choker. He'll probably put up around 300 yards/2 TDs. I think we get some key pressure on him, though, to force a couple turnovers. I think we win the turnover battle by 2, and that will be one of the keys to victory.</P>

I feel you guys will not be able to stop our 3 wr's Nicks,Cruz and Manningham. </P>

Also we have been running the ball real well as of late (about time) how do you guys fair against the run? If we are able to run for success it will make our passing attack more dangerous. </P>

Last time we played you guys our defense was an utter joke, mostly cause of the injuries we have faced on defense. </P>

But I like how the defense has been playing as of late, the d-line is playing attack mode. And our secondary is playing much better. </P>

The main concern I have is you guys have so many weapons on the receiving game. You're tightend is a wr in a tightends body, Jennings and Driver are solid, and Nelson who has been under the radar is a real good player. </P>

Interesting that you identify your tackles as a major weakness. So are you worried about CMIII this weekend? He didn't put up his normal sack numbers this year, but he has a lot of pressures and knockdowns. He also routinely gets double-teamed.

ny06
01-12-2012, 03:42 PM
I feel you guys will not be able to stop our 3 wr's Nicks,Cruz and Manningham.

We play terrible defense against the run... Until you get into the red zone. Then it's a brick wall. It's like the ending of the Packers/Saints NFL season opener every time it's 4th and 1 or whatever and goal from the 1. Well, not every time, but often enough. They just seem to know how to stiffen up front when it's needed.

We have no speed rushers. Actually we do have one, but generally speaking, if you only have one then you don't have any. Double Clay, chip him with a back if you need, but he's the only one. Control him and Eli keeps his jersey clean. We miss Cullen Jenkins terribly.

And if we DID have a good pass rusher other than Clay Matthews, I believe our secondary would be just fine covering any WR corps in the NFL. They lead the league in interceptions even though nothing resembling a pass rush never materializes. If they didn't have to keep coverage forever due to QB's taking a nap in a perfectly clean pocket they'd be the best in the league.
</P>

Good call on missing Cullen Jenkins. I feel he was a big player for you guys. </P>

Clay Matthews will be going against Kareem McKenzie majority of the game, unless they move him around. And McKenzie is not good against speed rushers, but he is a vet, so he will know how to go against a premier rusher. </P>

I think we all will be watching closely how your o-line does against our pass rush. </P>

Last time we played Osi was out, and Tuck was not 100%</P>

A major factor is Tuck being healthy. He brings a new dimension to our d-line. He can move inside or out. And there is not a guard in the league who can block him 1 on 1.</P>

Also how do you plan on blocking JPP? Do you think you guys will single block him? Or slide the line? He is too good to be blocked one on one. He has a motor that never gives up. Guy had 81 tackles from the defensive end position. Plus he is tough to run on his side. </P>

</P>

wolfie
01-12-2012, 03:45 PM
Great Post. Thanks for the insight into the Pac. I think you forgot a few things though.</P>

1. The Pac hasbeen sitting and watching footballfor two weeks now, and Rogers for three weeks. I know they have been practicing, but that's not the same as playing.</P>

2. MO MEN TUM! The Gmen have it, and with it comes confidence. </P>

3. The last three games the Gmen have played, they have played like a team. All of a sudden everyone is where they're suppossed to be and doing what they're suppossed to do.</P>

4. I think the big thing is, the Gmen want it more and are more mentally prepared.</P>

That being said... on any given Sunday.</P>

Giants 31 Pac 27</P>

JJC7301
01-12-2012, 03:47 PM
Great Post. Thanks for the insight into the Pac. I think you forgot a few things though.</P>

1. The Pac hasbeen sitting and watching footballfor two weeks now, and Rogers for three weeks. I know they have been practicing, but that's not the same as playing.</P>

2. MO MEN TUM! The Gmen have it, and with it comes confidence. </P>

3. The last three games the Gmen have played, they have played like a team. All of a sudden everyone is where they're suppossed to be and doing what they're suppossed to do.</P>

4. I think the big thing is, the Gmen want it more and are more mentally prepared.</P>

That being said... on any given Sunday.</P>

Giants 31 Pac 27</P>

</P>

Giants 30 Pack 24</P>

galaxy10
01-12-2012, 03:48 PM
A good example of Rodgers' beast mode is the playoff game in Atlanta last year, or his performance in a losing effort in Arizona in 2009.

Rodgers has proven to be an excellent, reliable playoff QB. That said, Eli has some big playoff wins under his belt too.

Should be a good one.

I am a little perplexed about your comment that Green Bay is the most disrespected SB champs. Quite the contrary, all of the media has already crowned your team as winning the SB again. All of the talking heads have nothing but good things to say about GB. If anything, its the G-Men who have been consistently disrespected by the media. Nobody gives the G-Men a chance at all. Eli has been having a stellar year, yet the naysayers still say that he is not elite. With that being said, the game will be a good one and I think that the G-Men will pull this one off. What I do like about Green Bay is the fans. They are not obnoxious and you appear to be a good as well. Good luck in the game.

adversus
01-12-2012, 03:49 PM
I think we all will be watching closely how your o-line does against our pass rush.

Last time we played Osi was out, and Tuck was not 100%

A major factor is Tuck being healthy. He brings a new dimension to our d-line. He can move inside or out. And there is not a guard in the league who can block him 1 on 1.

Also how do you plan on blocking JPP? Do you think you guys will single block him? Or slide the line? He is too good to be blocked one on one. He has a motor that never gives up. Guy had 81 tackles from the defensive end position. Plus he is tough to run on his side.

Josh Sitton (did not play in the December match up) is our best o linemen and I'm willing to be he can take Tuck one on one.

Chad Clifton (also did not play in the December match up) is a veteran LT going against Osi. I have a feeling Clifton will hold up but if not I'd expect to see a lot of chipping with the TE

Bryan Bulaga will be going against JPP at RT. That will be the match up to watch. Both very young players, both extremely talented.

CDN_G-FAN
01-12-2012, 03:51 PM
i don't think your team is being disrespected.</P>

i've seen no one other than Giants fans predict a Packer loss this weekend.</P>

other than the fact no one thinks you'll win by 14 points, i think most people looking at this game are thinking it'll be closer than what they thought it would be 5 weeks ago.</P>

Also, keep in mind that alot of the talking heads have a vested interest in the game being thought of a 'tight game', rather than 'cake walk'.</P>

barrister
01-12-2012, 03:55 PM

Should be a good one.

I am a little perplexed about your comment that Green Bay is the most disrespected SB champs. Quite the contrary, all of the media has already crowned your team as winning the SB again.* All of the talking heads have nothing but good things to say about GB.* If anything, its the G-Men who have been consistently disrespected by the media. Nobody gives the G-Men a chance at all.* Eli has been having a stellar year, yet the naysayers still say that he is not elite. With that being said, the game will be a good one and I think that the G-Men will pull this one off. What I do like about Green Bay is the fans.* They are not obnoxious and you appear to be a good as well.* Good luck in the game.

Hmmm...that wasn't my impression. Maybe we're watching, listening and reading different sources, because IMO, it seems like all of the talking heads have been more focused on the Saints and Giants (when discussing the NFC). Honestly, it seemed like everyone wanted to crown the Saints before the playoffs even started. Don't get me wrong, they have a good team. But people are forgetting that the Saints are a much different team outside of the dome.

barrister
01-12-2012, 03:58 PM
I watched No Huddle last night, and you would never think the Packers finished 15-1...until Jalen Rose brought it up. Faulk went so far as to mock Clay Matthews, suggesting that he hasn't even suited up this entire season.

I understand that the Packers being ranked 32nd in yardage can't be overlooked, but during the No Huddle segment, they dismissed the Pats' ranking because they ranked in the middle of the league in scoring. When discussing the Packers, that same fact was never mentioned.

wolfie
01-12-2012, 03:58 PM
I think the Saints could lose to SF this weekend. Slow field, good D, and like you said it's outside. The Saints are not the same outside.

barrister
01-12-2012, 04:00 PM
I don't know what to think about the rest. On one hand, some of our key players needed it...Woodson, Matthews, o-line, etc. So they should feel recharged. On the other hand, I'm familiar with the "rust effect" that it can have. I recall seeing it happen on other teams (e.g., previous Colts teams).

In the end, I have faith that McCarthy knows what he is doing. He always has a good read on his teams. But, it remains TBD...

galaxy10
01-12-2012, 04:03 PM
Hmmm...that wasn't my impression. Maybe we're watching, listening and
reading different sources, because IMO, it seems like all of the talking
heads have been more focused on the Saints and Giants (when discussing
the NFC). Honestly, it seemed like everyone wanted to crown the Saints
before the playoffs even started. Don't get me wrong, they have a good
team. But people are forgetting that the Saints are a much different
team outside of the dome.

I watch the NFL and ESPN every day. Nobody picked the Giants against the Jets, DAllas and most picked the Falcons to win. Nobody has picked the Giants to win against Green Bay. I have heard ad nauseum that the Giants win in the SB was a freak accident. From what I hear, Green Bay is the team to beat. They also say New Orleans is also the team to beat as well. Yes I am sick of hearing about the Saints as well. I always root for the underdog and I am hoping that Green Bay gets knocked out so that another team can go to the SB.

miked1958
01-12-2012, 04:08 PM
I don't know what to think about the rest. On one hand, some of our key players needed it...Woodson, Matthews, o-line, etc. So they should feel recharged. On the other hand, I'm familiar with the "rust effect" that it can have. I recall seeing it happen on other teams (e.g., previous Colts teams). In the end, I have faith that McCarthy knows what he is doing. He always has a good read on his teams. But, it remains TBD...</P>

Thats true it has happened quiet often in past few seasons where the number 1 or 2 seed falls from sitting to long and not having meaningful games towards the end of the season with everything locked up they can clinch with still say 2 or 3 wks left. that gives a team a month plus by the time they play a game that matters including their bye week. Falcons were a prime example last season. </P>

With that said, We all know that it has be a very long time for back to back Champs. I feel if its going to be done, then this 15-1 GB team is the one to do it. </P>

However being a Giants fan I have to predict like a homer.. lol. Giants D rises up and shuts down your high powered offense (like LSU vs BAMA0 and Eli lights you up for 3scores with RBs getting 1 each... </P>

Final 38-17 giants.</P>

miked1958
01-12-2012, 04:10 PM
I don't know what to think about the rest. On one hand, some of our key players needed it...Woodson, Matthews, o-line, etc. So they should feel recharged. On the other hand, I'm familiar with the "rust effect" that it can have. I recall seeing it happen on other teams (e.g., previous Colts teams). In the end, I have faith that McCarthy knows what he is doing. He always has a good read on his teams. But, it remains TBD...</P>

Thats true it has happened quiet often in past few seasons where the number 1 or 2 seed falls from sitting to long and not having meaningful games towards the end of the season with everything locked up they can clinch with still say 2 or 3 wks left. that gives a team a month plus by the time they play a game that matters including their bye week. Falcons were a prime example last season. </P>

With that said, We all know that it has be a very long time for back to back Champs. I feel if its going to be done, then this 15-1 GB team is the one to do it. </P>

However being a Giants fan I have to predict like a homer.. lol. Giants D rises up and shuts down your high powered offense (like LSU vs BAMA0 and Eli lights you up for 3scores with RBs getting 1 each... </P>

Final 38-17 giants.</P>

</P>

LOL... people including the ones that post on this board think i am crazy.</P>

However I said go with first instinct and mine was a 21 pt victory, so I am sticking with it. </P>

I said prior to the BCSCG that Bama would win by 21 and was told by everyone at that party I was smoking Crack. </P>

thomsoad
01-12-2012, 04:10 PM
I wouldnt go so far as to say disrespected, let alone most disrespected.

But to be totally honest with you the lack of your rushing game and atrocious pass D is what hurts GB the most. I think you guys have the best QB/WR combination in the league. And I do include us in there.... the TE being the tie breaker.

But in my humble opinion ... im more worried about us being up against NO then the Pack. Im not saying the Packers cant run the tables cuz they can... I just dont think you are invincible by any stretch.

G-Man67
01-12-2012, 04:13 PM
haha, thanks for the informative post

the thing that jumped out at me was that you feel that the Pack has been a disrespected defending champ ... i mean from here in NY, i think the media and fans are amazed at the fact that you have won 22 of 23 ... that is an off the charts feat in today's NFL ... i don't know the facts, but has any other Super Bowl winning team won 22 of 23 including the Super Bowl? ... the Pats might have won 22 of 23, but they forgot to win the Super Bowl!

kinda shows that fans have a lot of similarities ... the Falcons came on here crying about their coaches and, well, actually, they may have had a point! ... hopefully our fans now appreciate our coaches much more

oh and good point about the red zone, we will have far less margin for error ... last week 24 was more than enough, but this week 24 will probably mean we got our butts whooped ... we will need 7s not 3s

BigBlueOnes
01-12-2012, 04:25 PM
I think your post was sound. But let's assume two things and throw in the Joker. First assumption: you'll put up a lot of points. That's an easy assumption. Second assumption: Eli and our offense will put up a lot of points. That's not an unreasonable assumption. Joker or Wildcard: Our defense plays lights out and AR doesn't score on every drive. We win that game. I'm sticking with a Giants win due to momentum, hunger, battle tested in the most greuling schedule and our coaching staff. Finally, I would rather play the Pack at Lambeau than NO in the dome. I'm predicting a NYG - SF conference championship game.

BigBlue2010
01-12-2012, 05:25 PM
You'll have to forgive us about being touchy over your use of "disrespected." What you probably don't realize is this year the great espn posted an article "Giants just aren't built to win."

Hopefully you can acknowledge that implicit in any debate between the Packers & Saints is the understanding that they both just had two of the great seasons in the history of the NFL. Being slighted in that conversation doesn't even compare to what we get as Giants fans.

BlueJayC
01-12-2012, 05:29 PM
Can't believe all you guys have overlooked the biggest factor in this game......that being the GiantsGnome still buried in my backyard......</P>

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h127/jasonjcollins/GnomeSign2.jpg</P>

Good luck to the Pack......fear the Gnome......I expect a winter classic.....may the best team win.....in either event I hope the winner of this one goes on to take the crown......would hate it if the Saints won it or any team from the AFC.....</P>

</P>

barrister
01-12-2012, 05:36 PM
Joker or Wildcard: Our defense plays lights out and AR doesn't score on every drive. We win that game. I'm sticking with a Giants win due to momentum, hunger, battle tested in the most greuling schedule and our coaching staff.

Not sure I understand this point, as it suggests that the Packers will not be able stop the Giants' offense. Don't get me wrong, I respect the Giants' offense, and I expect them to put up some points. That said, the Green Bay defense can make plays too. The Packers' defense led the league in interceptions, and actually ranks better than the Giants' defense in points given up. The defense is also significantly better at home.

And while the Packers won't score on every drive, it is nearly impossible to keep them out of the endzone. Rodgers is just too good.

Why do you think you scheduling was so "grueling"? You guys played the NFC West, the weakest division in the NFC. I say that understanding that we played the AFW West, which was THE weakest division in the entire NFL. I count four playoff teams on the Giants' regular season schedule, and they may be the four best teams in football: Packers, Patriots, Saints & Niners. You all were 1-3, and you obviously added another win over a playoff caliber opponent last week, when you dominated the Falcons. On the other hand, the Packers had six games in the regular season against teams that made the playoffs, and they went 6-0. Both of these teams are tested.

GameTime
01-12-2012, 05:50 PM
Joker or Wildcard: Our defense plays lights out and AR doesn't score on every drive. We win that game. I'm sticking with a Giants win due to momentum, hunger, battle tested in the most greuling schedule and our coaching staff. Not sure I understand this point, as it suggests that the Packers will not be able stop the Giants' offense. Don't get me wrong, I respect the Giants' offense, and I expect them to put up some points. That said, the Green Bay defense can make plays too. The Packers' defense led the league in interceptions, and actually ranks better than the Giants' defense in points given up. The defense is also significantly better at home. And while the Packers won't score on every drive, it is nearly impossible to keep them out of the endzone. Rodgers is just too good. Why do you think you scheduling was so "grueling"? You guys played the NFC West, the weakest division in the NFC. I say that understanding that we played the AFW West, which was THE weakest division in the entire NFL. I count four playoff teams on the Giants' regular season schedule, and they may be the four best teams in football: Packers, Patriots, Saints &amp; Niners. You all were 1-3, and you obviously added another win over a playoff caliber opponent last week, when you dominated the Falcons. On the other hand, the Packers had six games in the regular season against teams that made the playoffs, and they went 6-0. Both of these teams are tested.</P>

everything we say as fans, although much of it based on what the teams have thus far, is all speculation. No one knows and cant say for sure why one thing should or shouldn't be assumed. This is all speculaiton so ANYTHING can be assumed within reason.</P>

Each team has to show and play hard and play sound. Which ever team has the most players playing at the top of the game will win this one...</P>

</P>

BigBlueOnes
01-12-2012, 06:02 PM
Joker or Wildcard: Our defense plays lights out and AR doesn't score on every drive. We win that game. I'm sticking with a Giants win due to momentum, hunger, battle tested in the most greuling schedule and our coaching staff.

Not sure I understand this point, as it suggests that the Packers will not be able stop the Giants' offense. Don't get me wrong, I respect the Giants' offense, and I expect them to put up some points. That said, the Green Bay defense can make plays too. The Packers' defense led the league in interceptions, and actually ranks better than the Giants' defense in points given up. The defense is also significantly better at home.

And while the Packers won't score on every drive, it is nearly impossible to keep them out of the endzone. Rodgers is just too good.

Why do you think you scheduling was so "grueling"? You guys played the NFC West, the weakest division in the NFC. I say that understanding that we played the AFW West, which was THE weakest division in the entire NFL. I count four playoff teams on the Giants' regular season schedule, and they may be the four best teams in football: Packers, Patriots, Saints & Niners. You all were 1-3, and you obviously added another win over a playoff caliber opponent last week, when you dominated the Falcons. On the other hand, the Packers had six games in the regular season against teams that made the playoffs, and they went 6-0. Both of these teams are tested.

Gee, I dont' know, just that every talking head (whom I don't respect very much) admitted we had the toughest finishing schedule and it is a small miracle after our slow start that we're in it. So I'll take it for what it's worth. No, I don't think you'll stop Eli and our offense. We're releasing the Krakken and Jacobs will spear Mathews heart out and then eat it (all in good fun!)

buffyblue
01-12-2012, 06:09 PM
Good post and some really good points. Green Bay Packers have the most interceptions but give up the most yards and both of those are explained becasue most teams are chucking it against them quite a bit because they are down by 2-3 scores early on. NY Giants defense has given up the most points but that is also somewhat misleading. NY Giants had the toughest schedule in NFL this year and it showed. NY Giants defense was also riddled with players hurt that missed games and some on IR that missed the whole season. We all see what we have done with our defense healthy over the past five games.

Green Bay Packers are not gonna show up rusty. They have an awesome coaching staff and that team has a lot of confidence right now and they know how to prepare. They are coming to make this game in to a dogfight. A lot of folks are harping on what JPP said about getting the win as well as what Greg Jennings said about Green Bay Packers remembering the NFC Championship Game against NY Giants. Both have toned down their statements a little bit but I think the point to take from each gentlemens statements is that both sides think strongly feel they will win if they play how they should.

NY Giants Defense is playing lights out and has a major chip on their shoulders.

Aaron Rodgers has played this entire season out of his mind. Eli Manning is probably the best pressure QB in the business right now. I know both of these guys are looking forward to this game but I think this type of scenario suits Eli Manning more.

I think both teams will bring their A games this Sunday. People may think I am nuts but if both teams play how they should I see NY Giants beating Green Bay Packers by 21 points.

I bELIeve

barrister
01-13-2012, 01:15 AM
I think both teams will bring their A games this Sunday. People may think I am nuts but if both teams play how they should I see NY Giants beating Green Bay Packers by 21 points.

I bELIeve

I enjoyed your post, but I'm confused by this part. Are you saying that if both teams are at their best, the Giants are 3 tds better than the Packers? There may not be a huge gap between the two - and I happen to think the Packers have the better overall talent - but there is no way I think they are 3 tds better.

buffyblue
01-13-2012, 01:19 AM
I am seeing that NY Giants defense has woken up and is healthy. They are playing lights out and I think that late in the game when Green Bay Packers are playing catch up that NY Giants Defense will make a big pick and that is where the extra score will come in.

I bELIeve.

Tuffy44
01-13-2012, 01:23 AM
congrats on beating the giants this week, im sure rodgers will outshine Eli. i wish i could think different but why kid myself.

miked1958
01-13-2012, 01:26 AM
congrats on beating the giants this week, im sure rodgers will outshine Eli. i wish i could think different but why kid myself.
This guy is a troll saw him in another thread

harrycarson
01-13-2012, 01:27 AM
I can see you put thought into this post and it is good to be confident in your team. However The only think that the Packers have that at this point in the season I fear is Rodgers and he alone cannot win the Pack this game. The Gmen are much too powerful at this point. Just got done watching the Giants/Falcons game again for the 3rd time and I really have to say that our defense looks like a whole new crew. No way the Gmen loose this game, NO WAY!!! </P>

Gmen=38</P>

Pack-24 (7 coming in garbage time)</P>

pezman1963
01-13-2012, 01:27 AM
Rodgers is excellent QB no doubt about it.

arrjay
01-13-2012, 01:43 AM
Great well thought out post.

The 3 week layoff for Rodgers, and two week layoff for most of the the offense could slow them down some... but the rest will only help their defense.

Gotta hope the Giants rise to the occasion...cuz it ain't gonna be easy....

allentown PA
01-13-2012, 01:45 AM
the giants are the more physical team on both sides of the ball imo...key to game will be pass rush and not turning it over.

allentown PA
01-13-2012, 01:46 AM
im interested to see how the pack come out after 3 weeks off basically.

pezman1963
01-13-2012, 02:01 AM
I'll openly admit that the Giants WRs are excellent. Nicks is a BEAST, and Cruz has been a pleasant surprise for you all.

As for the Packers' pass D, the problem hasn't necessarily been our CB play; it has been the lack of pressure on the QB. A team can have the best CBs in football, but if you don't get good pressure on the QB, they will look quite average out there. The Packers are no different. They have struggled to get pressure on the opposing QB all season long. Hopefully Capers comes up with a plan to change that this week. We need to find a way to get Clay in the backfield. He's been putting pressures on the QBs, but his sack numbers are definitely down. The rest has been critical for him.

I don't see Eli having a choker. He'll probably put up around 300 yards/2 TDs. I think we get some key pressure on him, though, to force a couple turnovers.

I think we win the turnover battle by 2, and that will be one of the keys to victory.

The assumption is there will be turnovers. Maybe there will be turnovers but maybe not is possible too. Each team turned it over once in Dec. I really think will turn on does the Giants defense turn off the completely the Packer runners. If they do then there will be jail break pass rush. They do not have sack Rodger at lot. Just hit when he delivering the ball or make him move so he can't get reads. Rodgers himself said he watched the last 3 Giants games and there were no holes in the defense he could see as there had been Dec 4th. I do not have hard feeling for Packers. For me there is some conflict. The Giants are family I was raised in. The Packers are family I married into. (shareholder) My honest opinion is that the current Giants defense can limit the Packer offense. I see nothing to indicate the Parkers defence can stop the Giants offense. I think this game will be a low scoring affair. Strong defense has always won championships.

Gunakor
01-13-2012, 02:17 AM
P>

Good call on missing Cullen Jenkins. I feel he was a big player for you guys. </P>

Clay Matthews will be going against Kareem McKenzie majority of the game, unless they move him around. And McKenzie is not good against speed rushers, but he is a vet, so he will know how to go against a premier rusher. </P>

I think we all will be watching closely how your o-line does against our pass rush. </P>

Last time we played Osi was out, and Tuck was not 100%</P>

A major factor is Tuck being healthy. He brings a new dimension to our d-line. He can move inside or out. And there is not a guard in the league who can block him 1 on 1.</P>

Also how do you plan on blocking JPP? Do you think you guys will single block him? Or slide the line? He is too good to be blocked one on one. He has a motor that never gives up. Guy had 81 tackles from the defensive end position. Plus he is tough to run on his side. </P>

*</P>

JPP is a nightmare for any OC, and it will be no different for us on Sunday. We have LT Chad Clifton returning to the starting lineup for the first time since week 3. He was the elected starter for last year's pro bowl at LT (but didn't play of course) and we are hoping that he can at least slow down JPP a tad so AR can sneak outside the pocket where he's most dangerous. Maybe we use Grant or Starks to help out from the backfield, but having to worry about Osi and Tuck at the same time we can't exactly devote 2 OL to JPP every snap. We can't honestly expect to shut JPP down entirely anymore than the Giants can honestly expect to shut down AR entirely. We can only hope to overcome the disruptions he causes.

Not worried about JPP against the run though. If only because we don't run the ball in the first place. We only run it 15-20 times per game, and a handful of those go to John Kuhn our FB in short yardage situations. Our 2 backs each average 4 ypc or so, which is enough that the defense has to respect the possibility of a run. And Ryan Grant has had a pretty good December while James Starks has been banged up. But it's not something we'll ever be expected to lean on. A 5 yard quick slant/out accomplishes the same thing as a 5 yard carry, and that's the way we play it here. We figure the fewer times we take the ball out of Aaron Rodgers hands the better. He's the ultimate playmaker in Green Bay.

Gunakor
01-13-2012, 02:24 AM
i've seen no one other than Giants fans predict a Packer loss this weekend

Herm Edwards.

But he's a Chief, so I'd expect as much.

gumby742
01-13-2012, 10:58 AM
I do think that the media are overhyping us a bit though. Yeah we're hot. And yes, there are similarities to 2007. But these are the Packers. But the media will be the media. Anything for theatre and readers/viewers.</P>

The Packers are and should be favored. But hopefully we'll play up to our potential because so far, there hasn't been a single game where both sides of the ball have showed up for all 4 quarters.</P>

If we do, we have a very good chance to win. </P>

gumby742
01-13-2012, 10:59 AM
Curious. How much were Packers shares going for when you bought them?

miked1958
01-13-2012, 11:05 AM
I do think that the media are overhyping us a bit though. Yeah we're hot. And yes, there are similarities to 2007. But these are the Packers. But the media will be the media. Anything for theatre and readers/viewers.</P>

The Packers are and should be favored. But hopefully we'll play up to our potential because so far, there hasn't been a single game where both sides of the ball have showed up for all 4 quarters.</P>

If we do, we have a very good chance to win. </P>

</P>

with all this giants giants giants talk comparing to 07 in media. i think Gb will want to come out and kill us. I dont think they do it though</P>

TuckYou
01-13-2012, 11:06 AM
That said, this Packers team may be the most disrespected defending champ that I have ever seen.</P>

???</P>

Uh, what? How is your team disrespected? Everyone thinks them and the Saints are the 2 best teams in the NFC. If anything the 49ers are the ones disrespected. No one is giving them a shot, and I think they beat the Siants this weekend. They are following the mold of the 2000 Ravens. </P>

Gunakor
01-13-2012, 11:07 AM
"Curious. How much were Packers shares going for when you bought them?"

$250 plus $25 handling fee per share. While the certificate itself is worthless, it has high sentimental value and beyond that makes a heck of a centerpiece framed on the wall of my den. But it will never increase in value, and I cannot sell to anyone other than back to the team. So it's just for fans, it's not for investors.

barrister
01-13-2012, 11:36 AM
Curious.* How much were Packers shares going for when you bought them?

I bought my share in 1997. They went for $200 at that time.

a4gmen
01-13-2012, 11:47 AM
They sure are. Very knowledgeable and respectful fans.

Bluesmagoo
01-13-2012, 11:50 AM
Excellent assessment. It is an oddity the way the Packers have not had the respect one would assume due a champion. Yet peolpe are still fawning over the Saints! The lack of national respect for the Giants is legendary. I am in Fort Worth and it is only this year that some of the local media has acknowledged the Giants accomplishments;especially Eli's. A special shout out to Dan McDowel and Craig Miller of the Ticket here. Dan and I had an exchange in 2007 where he said "they have Eli we have Romo. I'll take Romo." Last we he said "I will never make that mistake again!" Only took him five years to come around! So hang in there with your Packers!

gumby742
01-13-2012, 12:43 PM
</P>

Your avatar. That's the guy from V for Vendetta? He freaks the crap outta me from the pictures alone.</P>

TheAngryTuna
01-13-2012, 12:45 PM
Either that or he is accessing your bank account as we speak because he is a member of Anon!

Drez
01-13-2012, 12:47 PM
</P>

Your avatar. That's the guy from V for Vendetta? He freaks the crap outta me from the pictures alone.</P>

</P>

Guy Fawkes.</P>

TroyArcher
01-13-2012, 01:19 PM
I don't see the disrespect of the Packers. Where do you see it? Rodgers will win the MVP, deservedly so and just about everyone I hear says they are the best team in the NFL. That being said the Giants have gotten hot and heathy at the right time. The offense has been very good all year and Eli has been great especially in the 4th quarter. The defense will line up Tuck, Osi, JPP and Canty (not to mention Tollefson &amp; Kiwi) on passing downs. We will see how your O-line holds up. The past three weeks they have been relentelssly pressuring opposing QB's. Rodgers is at another level but he is human and if pressured he will not put up his normal gaudy numbers. I also think the Cruz, Nicks, Manningham trio are a nightmare for defenses. All three can do much damage. Jacobs is running angry again and Bradshaw is one tough guy. I expect a close game with the Giants winning late.

BigBlueOnes
01-13-2012, 01:32 PM
Disrespect? Listen to all the talk shows on satellite radio, the inundation of Saints fans whining how NOBODY should get the MVP other than Brees. I'm sick of the Saints love going around and hope the Niners destroy them so we have a rematch there. Don't know why, but I feel we'll be more physical in this game and Rodgers gets hit a few times and that'll be enough to start our pack of dogs howling.

buffyblue
01-13-2012, 01:38 PM
I can not stand New Orleans Saints and their obnoxious fans. There are always issues there. I remember when Philadelphia Eagles played New Orleans Saints not long after Jerome Brown passed and those lowlife New Orleans fans had signs up that read “Jerome was an Eagle now he is a Saint.”

WORLDCHAMPS
01-13-2012, 01:45 PM
And you say Rogers will go in beast mode, last time I checked Eli has been in beast mode for majority of the season.

No, what he means is the NFL record setting 122 QB rating Rodgers had during the entire season is just normal Aaron Rodgers. I know right? That's the very definition of beast mode. But it's not. That's just Aaron Rodgers.

Heres a solution: KNOCK RODGERS THE F OUT

JMFP2
01-13-2012, 01:45 PM
First off, I want to say congrats on your team's late season surge..</P>

(I abbreviated your post for space)</P>

Hey, nice post....I live out in the midwest, and run into a lot of Packer fans. I have to say they represent themselves very well....they are a credit to the sport.</P>

I think you make a well-reasoned summary. </P>

The question for me is this: What will the margins be between Packer Offense / Giant Defense v. Giants Offense / Packer Defense?</P>

Both teams are getting guys back, but I think having a healthy Osi, Tuck, Boley, and Phillips is pretty darn big. Also, without going into nuts and bolts, there has been a change in the Giants defense that goes beyond health, and to more aggressive, simplified schemes.</P>

In short, I think the Giants defense in this rematch will be significantly better than the Giants defense you faced in Game 1.</P>

I also think the running game has improved since then as well. Plus, Manningham will be back.</P>

On the flip side, maybe the Packers Offense we see on Sundaywill be alot better than the one that came into MetLife. I'm expecting a rested, fired up Packer team, and a rocking Lambeau.</P>

Turnovers will be a key.</P>

I also think it would help if the referees suspend the Michael Jordan rules that currently apply to the Packers and Saints....but that's probably wishful thinking. I expect to see a ton of uncalled holds against JPP and Tuck. The first game included two very questionable calls, both of which went the Packers way, both involving TD passes. It would suck if the refs had a major hand in this next game as well.</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Newman80
01-13-2012, 02:10 PM
I'm not sure how this willl turn out but if i was a packers fan the giants would be the last team i would want to play i think we match up the best of any otf the teams that are stilll alive. Good D line good running game I think those to factor right there win us the game.

Gunakor
01-14-2012, 05:04 PM

In just 1 game as a starter this season, Matt Flynn threw for 480 yards and 6 touchdowns.

Have a plan B?

Rudyy
01-14-2012, 05:07 PM

No, what he means is the NFL record setting 122 QB rating Rodgers had during the entire season is just normal Aaron Rodgers.* I know right?* That's the very definition of beast mode.* But it's not.* That's just Aaron Rodgers.*

In just 1 game as a starter this season, Matt Flynn threw for 480 yards and 6 touchdowns.*

Have a plan B?
Knock Flynn the F out.

Gunakor
01-14-2012, 05:19 PM

In just 1 game as a starter this season, Matt Flynn threw for 480 yards and 6 touchdowns.

Have a plan B?
Knock Flynn the F out.

Target 2 different QB's heads in an effort to knock them out of the same flipping game. Brilliant idea.

bklyn1028
01-14-2012, 05:36 PM
In my very humble opinion:
Whoever shows up will win. The first to score will win. If the Giants run the ball like they have the past weeks, and the front D four rush the way they have, Rodgers will be shooting more State Farm commercials over the next few weeks.
The Giants have nothing to lose, they are playing with house $. The Packers have HUGE egos to worry about.

I'm not saying the jints are gonna win, but, EVERY SWINGING YOU KNOW WHAT on the packers boards think Eli and company are gonna get blown out. We here at least understand we can lose, not that mentality over there. Way too much confidence in my opinion that is.

Either a very low scoring game, or one of them gets blown away. Osi, Tuck, JPP Kiwi and company hopefully take rodgers out of his rhythm, and McCarthy will be WTFing all afternoon.

appodictic
01-14-2012, 06:19 PM
If I owned the packers stock I would call my broker ASAP and say:

"SELL SELL SELL"

Because the price is about to dip a bit after the loss to the giants.

Gunakor
01-14-2012, 06:32 PM

"SELL SELL SELL"

Broker? Sell? It's not publicly traded. It doesn't increase or decrease in value. It's not an investment in any way whatsoever. Packers stock has no value. It's sentimental, that's all. If you owned Packers stock that would mean you were a Packer fan. And if you were a Packer fan, you wouldn't sell your stock certificate regardless of the final score tomorrow.

jomo
01-14-2012, 06:45 PM

"SELL SELL SELL"

Broker? Sell? It's not publicly traded. It doesn't increase or decrease in value. It's not an investment in any way whatsoever. Packers stock has no value. It's sentimental, that's all. If you owned Packers stock that would mean you were a Packer fan. And if you were a Packer fan, you wouldn't sell your stock certificate regardless of the final score tomorrow.
Let me explain "metaphor" to you. [:D]

Voldamort
01-14-2012, 06:50 PM
Win or go home my brother!

redjersies
01-14-2012, 06:56 PM

As you impy, the numbers suggest that the Packers will win. And, you are right...the Packers probably haven't been given the type of respect that would have been given to the Patriots if the Patriots (or some other teams) had beenthe defending champions (who went 15-1). Maybe people thought that the Packers (and Rodgers) were sort of a fluke. I think what the Packers did this year proved they are not a fluke. As you suggest, I think everything points to a Packers win if you just go by the numbers. However, the special thing about this Giants team and nearly all the Giants teams of the past 5 or 6 years is that on any given day, they can beat anybody...and I mean anybody (and this is not just the normal cliche...it is true). They have the potential within them to be very dangerous due to having a dangerous defense, and a powerful offense. Also, this year's team has the type of good, team spirit that produces amazing intangibles. Overall, your predictions seem very well thought out, (better than I could have done). The only area where I disagree--numbers wise--is with your implication that if the game is close in the 4th quarter, the Packers will put it away. In my opinion, if the game is close in the fourth quarter, the Giants will have the advantage. This year, Eli set the all-time NFL recordfor fourth quarter touchdowns. TheGiants have had 5 or 6fourth quarter comebacks this year, alone. In my opinion, the Packers' best chance to win is to put the game out of reach fairly early. Of course, Aaron Rodgers has been a nightmare for opposing defenses, so the Packers may be able to do this. Personally, as a Giant fan, I hope not! Anyway, it should be a good game. Thanks for the good post.</P>

Jintsferlife
01-15-2012, 07:32 AM
Target 2 different QB's heads in an effort to knock them out of the same flipping game.* Brilliant idea.*

Worked beautifully last season against the Bears and has worked at least two other times in Giants history. Big Blue's defense has a thing about breaking QBs.

dan1552
01-15-2012, 09:22 AM
First off, I want to say congrats on your team's late season surge. I was happy to see you win the NFC East over Dallas and Philly. Your win over Atlanta last week was also very impressive. We ended that "Matty Ice" crap with that beat-down last year (especially Williams' pick-6 before half), and you guys further buried it last week. Well done. I'm not going to lie: the Giants are a formidable opponent for the Green Bay Packers. You have the best d-line in the playoffs, multiple solid WRs, a great RB combo, and a QB that is playing good ball. You also have a good mix of veteran leadership and youthful enthusiasm. I've enjoyed watching them play. That said, this Packers team may be the most disrespected defending champ that I have ever seen. We're coming off a 15-1 regular season, which is the best record a defending championship team has ever posted. Rodgers is playing the QB position as well as anyone has ever played it. We have a outstanding group of WRs. And while our defense gives up yards, it still has a number of playmakers (e.g., CMIII, Woodson, etc.), is opportunistic (i.e., forces turnovers), and is usually stingy in the red zone. On top of all of that, we have home field advantage. With all of that in mind, I like our chances. Keys to the game: 1) Turnovers. The Packers' defensive success depends on whether we get turnovers. We don't mind giving up the yards, as long as we get turnovers in the process. It is not a coincidence that the Packers' only loss this year came in a game in which they defense did not cause a single turnover. We must force turnovers to win the game. On the other hand, it's going to be tough for the Giants to win a game if they lose the turnover battle. The Packers just don't turn it over much. 2) Packers' offensive line vs. Giants' defensive line. Both of these units are getting healthy at the right time, so this should be interesting. Green Bay's o-line is generally underrated. When they are healthy, they are a solid group. Clifton and Bulaga are dependable tackles, and Sitton is one of the best guards in football. Well has been a rock at center. One issue I have had is that when a guy is having an off day, the Packers seem reluctant to give him help. We'll see if that trend continues, should someone have a bad day. Meanwhile, the Giants' defensive line is STACKED. But the key isn't just pressuring Rodgers; they will have to put him on the ground in order to have any success. Consider Rodgers' play over the Packers current run of 21-1. Plenty of teams have put pressure on him (e.g., Falcons in the playoffs last year), the problem is that he is one of the best at escaping pressure, and he is honestly the most accurate QB that I have ever seen on move. If the Packers can protect Rodgers and he has time, watch out...the Giants secondary will have a long day. 3) Special teams play. Crosby and Tynes are both solid kickers, but I'll give the edge to Crosby. Masthay (Packers' punter) has been a great player for the Packers. He was critical to our run last year, and he has been solid this entire year. He has played at an pro bowl level. With Cobb, the Packers march into the playoffs with the best special teams weapon that they've fielded since Desmond Howard. The kid is a rookie, so he will make the occasional rookie mistake (e.g., not make the fair catch call when it is the smart thing to do), but overall, Cobb has been an outstanding addition to the Packers (even as the #4/5 WR). He has the ability to take one to the house at any given point. As far as coverage, we were NOT good last year, but for the most part, I think the Packers ST units have been solid this year. I'll be honest: I don't know much about the Giants' ST units. I welcome your take. 4) Finley (Packers' TE). He has an arrogance to him that rubs some people the wrong way, and recently he has had a case of the dropsies. However, when this guy balls, he is an absolute nightmare. You can't single cover him with a LB, CB, or S, because he represents such a difficult matchup. Thus, you typically see his man receive help from the safety, which opens things up for the others. For this reason, his effect isn't always evident by this stats. If he suffers from the case of the dropsies on Sunday, though, it can be a major problem for the Packers. His drops have killed many drives this season. 5) Giants' ability to run. I know that the Giants rank towards the bottom of the league in rushing, but I'm not buying it. You're brining a healthy Jacobs &amp; Bradshaw to the party, so I fully expect you all to try to establish the run. The Packers must be able to stop it with their front 7 and leave the safeties available to defend the pass. The Packers should benefit from the return of Bishop and Hawk (more so Bishop, because Smith &amp; Francois are playmaking backups in Hawk's absence). I'm also looking for Raji, Pickett, and Green to accept the challenge that the Giants' rushing attack presents. If the Packers' front-7 can't handle it, and they are forced to drop a safety at times, I expect Eli to take advantage. 6) Red Zone success. The Packers can put up a lot of points, and in order to keep up, the Giants will have to put 7s on the board instead of 3s. And while the Packers' defense has given up a lot of yards, they have been fairly successful in the redzone. Their redzone play &amp; turnovers are the reason they rank in the middle of the league in points allowed, while they rank dead last in yards. It is a bend but don't break attitude. Overall, my prediction is that Rodgers go into beast mode, and Manning struggles to keep up. It is fairly close going into the 4th, but then Rodgers &amp; Co. put it away. Woodson &amp; Clay make some key big plays on defense. Packers 38 Giants 27 Good luck, guys. Nice forum.</p>

As you impy, the numbers suggest that the Packers will win. And, you are right...the Packers probably haven't been given the type of respect that would have been given to the Patriots if the Patriots (or some other teams) had beenthe defending champions (who went 15-1). Maybe people thought that the Packers (and Rodgers) were sort of a fluke. I think what the Packers did this year proved they are not a fluke. As you suggest, I think everything points to a Packers win if you just go by the numbers. However, the special thing about this Giants team and nearly all the Giants teams of the past 5 or 6 years is that on any given day, they can beat anybody...and I mean anybody (and this is not just the normal cliche...it is true). They have the potential within them to be very dangerous due to having a dangerous defense, and a powerful offense. Also, this year's team has the type of good, team spirit that produces amazing intangibles. Overall, your predictions seem very well thought out, (better than I could have done). The only area where I disagree--numbers wise--is with your implication that if the game is close in the 4th quarter, the Packers will put it away. In my opinion, if the game is close in the fourth quarter, the Giants will have the advantage. This year, Eli set the all-time NFL recordfor fourth quarter touchdowns. TheGiants have had 5 or 6fourth quarter comebacks this year, alone. In my opinion, the Packers' best chance to win is to put the game out of reach fairly early. Of course, Aaron Rodgers has been a nightmare for opposing defenses, so the Packers may be able to do this. Personally, as a Giant fan, I hope not! Anyway, it should be a good game. Thanks for the good post.</p>

I have respect for both Mcarthy and Rodgers as they have displayed high
levels of management ability in the face of pressure.,,Rodgers only
downfall may be overconfidence to the point of a lack of respect for
opposing talent. Woodson and Matthews gamble too much.,, IMO,... Finley
is a beast but.,, seems to have the dropsies lately.,,,Nelson is too
talented for his own good and will have to be triple covered. Your
running game isnt that great ,.. lets face it .with the exception of
rodgers when he refuses to throw the ball away,,DUE TO his stubourn
OVERCONFIDENCE. , that may get him decapitated today ,.. but we'll see

Any given Sunday Brother.......

weeds123
01-15-2012, 09:40 AM
When I ask opposing fans how Aaron Rodgers 'disrespects' their team...all I get is "he's always smiling on the field" ....or, "he does 'the belt'" ... what they're really saying is that he's smug because he beats them. That's the bottom line isn't it?

Rodgers is a highly intelligent young man...not just a good QB...but, highly intelligent, disciplined ... AND (so far at least), a model citizen. Granted he doesn't play the PR game the way that Drew Brees does ... but this guy is just plain laid back and goes about his business the very way that Wisconsinites go about their business. I'm cognizant of the fact that Rodgers is a California native and all ... but this kid is anything BUT smug and/or arrogant. He has fun with his co-workers on the job and doesn't talk s*it ... he wins games and puts up some pretty impressive numbers in the process...operative term being "wins games" ... that tends to turn off a lot of opposing teams fans who don't really understand the game itself - the armchair fans, if you will....the guys who root for a 'jersey' or the 'colors'.

Aaron Rodgers is a good man first - frankly, you won't hear much about his work behind the scenes at the MACC fund - but he's there, even in the dead of winter when the national media spotlight isn't quite so bright...no grandstanding for that guy.

Now, as an epilogue ... let me tell you that I have NEVER owned an NFL team jersey with an individual players' name and number on it. I'm 53 years old...went to my first Packers game on September 26, 1965, at age 7 -- the game where City Stadium was renamed Lambeau Field -- and I've never bought a jersey. I don't idolize players...never have and never will ... but ... you just KNOW who the GOOD guys are in this league infested with chatty, me-first prima donnas ... Rodgers is one of the GOOD GUYS.

Take it...leave it...I don't give a rat's *****.

dan1552
01-15-2012, 10:03 AM
When I ask opposing fans how Aaron Rodgers 'disrespects' their team...all I get is "he's always smiling on the field" ....or, "he does 'the belt'" ... what they're really saying is that he's smug because he beats them. That's the bottom line isn't it?

Rodgers is a highly intelligent young man...not just a good QB...but, highly intelligent, disciplined ... AND (so far at least), a model citizen. Granted he doesn't play the PR game the way that Drew Brees does ... but this guy is just plain laid back and goes about his business the very way that Wisconsinites go about their business. I'm cognizant of the fact that Rodgers is a California native and all ... but this kid is anything BUT smug and/or arrogant. He has fun with his co-workers on the job and doesn't talk s*it ... he wins games and puts up some pretty impressive numbers in the process...operative term being "wins games" ... that tends to turn off a lot of opposing teams fans who don't really understand the game itself - the armchair fans, if you will....the guys who root for a 'jersey' or the 'colors'.

Aaron Rodgers is a good man first - frankly, you won't hear much about his work behind the scenes at the MACC fund - but he's there, even in the dead of winter when the national media spotlight isn't quite so bright...no grandstanding for that guy.

Now, as an epilogue ... let me tell you that I have NEVER owned an NFL team jersey with an individual players' name and number on it. I'm 53 years old...went to my first Packers game on September 26, 1965, at age 7 -- the game where City Stadium was renamed Lambeau Field -- and I've never bought a jersey. I don't idolize players...never have and never will ... but ... you just KNOW who the GOOD guys are in this league infested with chatty, me-first prima donnas ... Rodgers is one of the GOOD GUYS.

Take it...leave it...I don't give a rat's *****.

LOMBARDI LEARNED HIS CRAFT AS A NEWYORK GIANTS offensive coordinator.