PDA

View Full Version : Before SB 42

burier
01-12-2012, 04:03 PM
I stayed off the boards during the 2007 playoff run because honestly all of the Eli hate was wearing me out. And then we beat Tampa Bay and I thought I better not change my routine.

So I'm curious. Were you guys confident that we would win.

I was proof prositive that we would win. and Told every pats fan who would listen.

How did you guys feel?

DragonSoul
01-12-2012, 04:06 PM
Nothing is ever 100%. The offense was starting to play better, as was the defense. I felt good vs TB, and I knew we could play the cowboys tough as we always did.

GB was up in the air based on the whether, and offense. But I figured if any defense could handle the offense of GB and the Pats it would be the giants, because of the way the front four were playing, and the LBs were playing well.

galaxy10
01-12-2012, 04:08 PM
I stayed off the boards during the 2007 playoff run because honestly all of the Eli hate was wearing me out. And then we beat Tampa Bay and I thought I better not change my routine.

I was proof prositive that we would win. and Told every pats fan who would listen.

How did you guys feel?

Realistically, I thought we would lose in the SB. I am not an Eli hater. I saw him play in his first game at Giants stadium. I thought then that he would be a good QB. I was pleasantly surprised by the run in 07. I think Eli has another SB win in him. Then perhaps he will get the credit he deserves, but I really don't think Eli cares about what other people think of his play.

jomo
01-12-2012, 04:10 PM

How did you guys feel?Before Tampa, I was confident.
Before Dallas I was a little twitchy but my dislike of the Cowboys had me fired up before game time.
Before the Packer game I was focused on the weather and figured it to be a close game either way. However at that point I felt we were playing with house money and the offense was starting to carry its share of the load. I was confident on balance.
Before the Super Bowl I was hoping that our D would allow us to hang close and that if we could hang we could eek out a win. Plus we were so deeply into house money at that moment in time that there were no worries. I wouldn't say I was confident but I was proud of what we'd accomplished and excited to get it on with the Pats.
It is hard for me to remember how the boards were but I don't remember Eli catching much heat once we got rolling. Go Blue!

burier
01-12-2012, 04:20 PM
Yeah I really took it one game at a time as well.

I was confident about the Tampa Game but not sure.

Was postive about the rest of the games. Not saying I knew we'd win the SB after the Tampa game but each week I knew we'd win that game which was crazy because the next three games we could have easily lost.

Its pretty crazy knowing in your heart you're going to somehow win while watching the kicker miss three field goals.

GameTime
01-12-2012, 04:52 PM
I kept waiting for the Giants to throw up a stinker game or quater that would blow it for them and they never did...</P>

shame on me........</P>

Smurf
01-12-2012, 05:13 PM
No doubt in my mind since the start of training camp in 07... Told my son who is a Jets fan that the Giants would Wup the PATs in the SB that year. He thought I was old and crazy .. the village idiot!. By the end of the SB I was the most interesting man in the world. Giants all day!

burier
01-12-2012, 05:14 PM
No doubt in my mind since the start of training camp in 07... Told my son who is a Jets fan that the Giants would Wup the PATs in the SB that year. He thought I was old and crazy .. the village idiot!. By the end of the SB I was the most interesting man in the world. Giants all day!

you called it at the begining of the season????

Good job by you.

sg92
01-12-2012, 05:15 PM
Each week of the playoffs that year I thought we'd lose. I didn't believe they could sustain their improved play week after week, but they did.

It worries me that I feel optimistic going into this game.

Definite shades of 2007 in the way that this team has come together.

harrycarson
01-12-2012, 05:18 PM
I was just happy with what we had accomplished, did not know what to expect in the SB...

Mercury
01-12-2012, 05:25 PM
It was kind of funny for me. I felt confident we would beat Tampa, but uncertain that we could build anything further than that. However, after the Tampa game, I felt confident we would beat Dallas, yet unsure we could go any further than that. After beating Dallas, again I felt sure we could beat GB, put I was skeptical we could beat the Patriots, who were just a lock to win the SB. Yet, after GB, I just had a feeling we would win the SB.

Success builds confidence.

JJC7301
01-12-2012, 06:02 PM
I was sure we would be TB, but I didn't think we'd beat Dallas. Once we did, I felt great about beating GB. Once we beat GB, I felt that we would win the SB. </P>

It wasn't so much that we would win, but that we couldn't lose.</P>

BlueReign
01-12-2012, 06:35 PM
Not going to lie, I thought we had a chance to win but I wasn't overly confident. I was just happy that they made it that far and I knew that since we were in it, we had a chance.

Firenugget
01-12-2012, 09:53 PM
I was enjoying the ride.

jints10
01-13-2012, 08:24 AM
I went Modell's with some friends after the 07 Championship game and everyone was buying up the Giants NFC Champion stuff. The clerk asks me don't you want to get in on some of this stuff? I said no thanks I'll wait for the SB Champion stuff and the clerk said "you really think the Giants are gonna beat the Pats". I said "I know the Giants are gonna beat the Pats" at least 3 people looked at me and dropped the Championship garb they collected and said I'll wait for the SB Championship gear too.......well the rest is history I got my SB Championship stuff!

gumby742
01-13-2012, 04:59 PM
I went Modell's with some friends after the 07 Championship game and everyone was buying up the Giants NFC Champion stuff. The clerk asks me don't you want to get in on some of this stuff? I said no thanks I'll wait for the SB Champion stuff and the clerk said "you really think the Giants are gonna beat the Pats". I said "I know the Giants are gonna beat the Pats" at least 3 people looked at me and dropped the Championship garb they collected and said I'll wait for the SB Championship gear too.......well the rest is history I got my SB Championship stuff!</P>

Felt good about tampa. Thought we'd lose against Dallas. After we beat Dallas, I thought we had a shot against Green Bay, but thought we'd still lose. After we beat Green Bay, I thought we would get CREAMED in the SB.</P>

So uhm yeah.</P>

lawl
01-13-2012, 05:13 PM
I always think we're gonna win</P>

SweetZombieJesus
01-13-2012, 05:32 PM
Cautiously optimistic -- anything is possible (1990 taught me that), just have to play lights out. Win or lose as long as they gave everything they had (1990 taught me that too) -- just don't lay any eggs.

Exactly how I feel now.

burier
01-13-2012, 05:54 PM
I remember going to the liquor stor before the game decked out and getting some pretty crazy looks in Boston.

And then I went to Grocery story and an older lady started chatting me up. Telling me that the Pats had a good team but she didn't know what the Giants would do. She was older so I didn't feel the need to gloat.

As I'm waiting on my groceries to be bagged a guys comes up to me and says "You know what's gonna happen tonight right?"

so I'm like "Hell yeah I know whats gonna happen... do you?"

He said he was a Giants fan so I shouldn't be so defenses. I told him we're in Boston so you're gonna need to wear your damn colors or I have no choice but to assume you're the enemy.

I don't think I'll have the feeling of being supremely confident while being such a massive undergod again.

JMFP2
01-13-2012, 06:02 PM
I went Modell's with some friends after the 07 Championship game and everyone was buying up the Giants NFC Champion stuff. The clerk asks me don't you want to get in on some of this stuff? I said no thanks I'll wait for the SB Champion stuff and the clerk said "you really think the Giants are gonna beat the Pats". I said "I know the Giants are gonna beat the Pats" at least 3 people looked at me and dropped the Championship garb they collected and said I'll wait for the SB Championship gear too.......well the rest is history I got my SB Championship stuff!</P>

Felt good about tampa. Thought we'd lose against Dallas. After we beat Dallas, I thought we had a shot against Green Bay, but thought we'd still lose. After we beat Green Bay, I thought we would get CREAMED in the SB.</P>

So uhm yeah.</P>

</P>

Pretty much the same here.</P>

I was just hoping to beat Tampa, in order to get the monkey of Eli's back. After that, I was bracing for the Cowboys to beat the Giants...when the Giants beat the Cowboys, as far as I was concerned, it was house money from there out.</P>

Morris82
01-13-2012, 06:04 PM
after the end of season pats game i knew that they were a team to be reckoned with.