PDA

View Full Version : protect against the slant routes and over the middle stuff

rainierjef
01-12-2012, 05:48 PM
Kind of like how we play the jets the DT's and DE's need to get their hands up if they cant get to rodgers in time and swat down whatever they can. this will make the pass rush more effective casue were dissrupting the one thing that negates a pass rush. the quick pass. </P>

i think Jaquan will match up good on finely, do you guys think hes fast enough to leave him solo on him throughout the whole game?</P>

bump the receivers at the line. disguise our blitzes we can beat this team. with defense. i refuse to believe that in the playoffs the Nfl has become such an offense driven leaguethatdefensedoesn't matter anymore. hit rodgerson every attempteven afterthe ball shortly leaves his hand he'll start hearing footsteps and become indecisive. i hate to bring this up but its true to the fact even the most cerebal of QB's when they get hit alot they lose faith in the line protecting them and then they start getting paranoid hearing footsteps close to them they panic and either take the hit or make mistakes *hint Brady07</P>

</P>

<FONT color=#0000ff><FONT size=4><FONT face=Tahoma><FONT color=#ff0000>GO</FONT> BIG BLUE </FONT></FONT></FONT></P>

egyptian420
01-12-2012, 06:08 PM
I don't want to sound overconfident, but I have a feeling the defense is going to get off to a good start. I just hope the offense can keep up with them.

Last time J-Will got abused by Finley and got a ton of flags, but he's played a lot better since.

The thing that scares me is when our defense plays well for a really long time, then it just seems like they're gassed or the QB has figured them out and they start getting sliced up for menial gains that move the chain. If Rodgers starts getting on a roll and getting hot, it could cause a momentum shift that we really don't need.

BlueReign
01-12-2012, 06:25 PM
I think that Williams is going to need a little help. I like the physicality he showed when he matched up against Finley last time, some of which I think was fine football, but Finley will get all of the calls over a Rookie like that. Finley also helped Williams out with a lot of drops, I don't think he'll do that again, we need a safety to bracket him from time to time.

Giantz4Life
01-12-2012, 06:35 PM
Kind of like how we play the jets the DT's and DE's need to get their hands up if they cant get to rodgers in time and swat down whatever they can. this will make the pass rush more effective casue were dissrupting the one thing that negates a pass rush. the quick pass. </P>

i think Jaquan will match up good on finely, do you guys think hes fast enough to leave him solo on him throughout the whole game?</P>

bump the receivers at the line. disguise our blitzes we can beat this team. with defense. i refuse to believe that in the playoffs the Nfl has become such an offense driven league*that*defense*doesn't matter anymore. hit rodgers*on every attempt*even after*the ball shortly leaves his hand he'll start hearing footsteps and become indecisive. i hate to bring this up but its true to the fact even the most cerebal of QB's when they get hit alot they lose faith in the line protecting them and then they start getting paranoid hearing footsteps close to them they panic and either take the hit or make mistakes *hint Brady*07*</P>

*</P>

<FONT color=#0000ff><FONT size=4><FONT face=Tahoma><FONT color=#ff0000>GO</FONT> BIG BLUE </FONT></FONT></FONT></P>

Hey man did anyone ever hook you up with a towel?

Ruttiger711
01-12-2012, 06:40 PM

<FONT size=5><FONT color=#0000ff>bump the receivers at the line</FONT>.</FONT> disguise our blitzes we can beat this team. with defense. i refuse to believe that in the playoffs the Nfl has become such an offense driven leaguethatdefensedoesn't matter anymore. hit rodgerson every attempteven afterthe ball shortly leaves his hand he'll start hearing footsteps and become indecisive. i hate to bring this up but its true to the fact even the most cerebal of QB's when they get hit alot they lose faith in the line protecting them and then they start getting paranoid hearing footsteps close to them they panic and either take the hit or make mistakes *hint Brady07</P>

</P>

</P>

this will be huge... disruption, disruption disruption.</P>

The only problem is Ross seems to get beat... i think he wants to bump but they always run right by him. </P>

Spytheweb
01-12-2012, 06:48 PM
Simple, watch their game against KC. KC had the right plan, don't try and reinvent the wheel. Follow the path laid out in front of you.

rainierjef
01-12-2012, 06:48 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d825ed9f2/article/analyst-predictions-divisional-round</P>

i'm loving this no one is picking us to win this and adam rank doesn't count as an analyst. </P>

this looks like the making of an upset, like i said take away the short routes then rodgers is forced to take more time in the pocket for routes to develop on longer yard passing plays and that when we pin our ears back and take it to them. </P>

rainierjef
01-12-2012, 06:50 PM

bump the receivers at the line. disguise our blitzes we can beat this team. with defense. i refuse to believe that in the playoffs the Nfl has become such an offense driven leaguethatdefensedoesn't matter anymore. hit rodgerson every attempteven afterthe ball shortly leaves his hand he'll start hearing footsteps and become indecisive. i hate to bring this up but its true to the fact even the most cerebal of QB's when they get hit alot they lose faith in the line protecting them and then they start getting paranoid hearing footsteps close to them they panic and either take the hit or make mistakes *hint Brady07</P>

</P>

Hey man did anyone ever hook you up with a towel?</P>

no not yet still hoping </P>

jjj45
01-12-2012, 06:50 PM
Kind of like how we play the jets the DT's and DE's need to get their hands up if they cant get to rodgers in time and swat down whatever they can. this will make the pass rush more effective casue were dissrupting the one thing that negates a pass rush. the quick pass. </p>

i think Jaquan will match up good on finely, do you guys think hes fast enough to leave him solo on him throughout the whole game?</p>

bump the receivers at the line. disguise our blitzes we can beat this team. with defense. i refuse to believe that in the playoffs the Nfl has become such an offense driven leaguethatdefensedoesn't matter anymore. hit rodgerson every attempteven afterthe ball shortly leaves his hand he'll start hearing footsteps and become indecisive. i hate to bring this up but its true to the fact even the most cerebal of QB's when they get hit alot they lose faith in the line protecting them and then they start getting paranoid hearing footsteps close to them they panic and either take the hit or make mistakes *hint Brady07</p>

</p>

<font color="#0000ff"><font size="4"><font face="Tahoma"><font color="#ff0000">GO</font> BIG BLUE </font></font></font></p>Great thread man. I've been thinking the same thing. Dallas had success against us with the short slant passes. No doubt Green Bay will do the same.

It is imperative that JPP gets his long arms up there to knock those balls down.

BlueReign
01-12-2012, 06:54 PM
Kind of like how we play the jets the DT's and DE's need to get their hands up if they cant get to rodgers in time and swat down whatever they can. this will make the pass rush more effective casue were dissrupting the one thing that negates a pass rush. the quick pass. </p>

i think Jaquan will match up good on finely, do you guys think hes fast enough to leave him solo on him throughout the whole game?</p>

bump the receivers at the line. disguise our blitzes we can beat this team. with defense. i refuse to believe that in the playoffs the Nfl has become such an offense driven leaguethatdefensedoesn't matter anymore. hit rodgerson every attempteven afterthe ball shortly leaves his hand he'll start hearing footsteps and become indecisive. i hate to bring this up but its true to the fact even the most cerebal of QB's when they get hit alot they lose faith in the line protecting them and then they start getting paranoid hearing footsteps close to them they panic and either take the hit or make mistakes *hint Brady07</p>

</p>

<font color="#0000ff"><font size="4"><font face="Tahoma"><font color="#ff0000">GO</font> BIG BLUE </font></font></font></p>Great thread man. I've been thinking the same thing. Dallas had success against us with the short slant passes. No doubt Green Bay will do the same.

It is imperative that JPP gets his long arms up there to knock those balls down.

Pressure up the MIDDLE would be huge. That takes away Rodgers ability to run because our ends are athletic enough to chase him down.

rainierjef
01-12-2012, 06:55 PM
Simple, watch their game against KC. KC had the right plan, don't try and reinvent the wheel. Follow the path laid out in front of you.
</P>

Sir i will be at Nelis on may 31st if we win this game you owe me a beer, take care of your young airmen [D][D][:)]</P>

Itlan
01-12-2012, 06:56 PM
This post really doesn't make sense imo.

The last time we played Rodgers, he was 7/21 with a TD and an INT when throwing between the numbers. It was outside the numbers he destroyed us, using the sideline to protect him.

Also, Boley will be on Finley, not JWill.

The Notorious B.I.G BLUE
01-12-2012, 06:57 PM
I don't want to sound overconfident, but I have a feeling the defense is going to get off to a good start. I just hope the offense can keep up with them.

Last time J-Will got abused by Finley and got a ton of flags, but he's played a lot better since.

The thing that scares me is when our defense plays well for a really long time, then it just seems like they're gassed or the QB has figured them out and they start getting sliced up for menial gains that move the chain. If Rodgers starts getting on a roll and getting hot, it could cause a momentum shift that we really don't need.

I agree! The last thing I wanna see is the defense come out and get some stops or turnover and the offense does nothing with it....much like that 2nd Redskins game. People talk about how we let Grossman carve us up but the D had 2 picks early and the offense did nothing. I just hope all 3 units come to play.

rainierjef
01-12-2012, 07:13 PM
This post really doesn't make sense imo. The last time we played Rodgers, he was 7/21 with a TD and an INT when throwing between the numbers. It was outside the numbers he destroyed us, using the sideline to protect him. Also, Boley will be on Finley, not JWill.</P>

what i'm saying is if you can't get to him put your hands up, the way to negate a great pass rush is getting the ball out quickly, if we bat the passes down at the line of scrimmage or better bat them up so one of our more athletic linemen can pick the ball out of the air. then we can get better pressure on rodgers cause hes taking more shots down field, im not too worried about their run game as their not a really good run team. </P>

Pakman
01-12-2012, 07:13 PM
Boley did not play in our last game right?

Itlan
01-12-2012, 07:24 PM
Boley did not play in our last game right?He did, but was very limited. From what I remember, it was under 20 snaps.

We also lost KP during that game, and that's when Rodgers started to explode.

egyptian420
01-12-2012, 07:41 PM

I agree! The last thing I wanna see is the defense come out and get some stops or turnover and the offense does nothing with it....much like that 2nd Redskins game. People talk about how we let Grossman carve us up but the D had 2 picks early and the offense did nothing. I just hope all 3 units come to play.
+1....thats exactly the kinda thing I was talking about

Gianthunter
01-12-2012, 07:44 PM

</P>

<FONT color=#0000ff><FONT size=4><FONT face=Tahoma><FONT color=#ff0000>GO</FONT> BIG BLUE </FONT></FONT></FONT></P><FONT color=#ff0000>You forgot the Gipper.</FONT>

BornLegend
01-12-2012, 07:55 PM
Man I can't wait for this game. It's like Rocky Balboa taking on Mr. T or Apollo Creed... lol. They got us the 1st time, now it's time to go knock their asses out and take Rodgers' belt!

rainierjef
01-12-2012, 09:42 PM
honestly and this might be a reach but my personal opinion if we can beat the packers we canball with the saints, and definitely the 9ers. just saying one game at a time but beating the packers a great 15-1 team is momentum enough to propel us to the big game. </P>

egyptian420
01-12-2012, 09:45 PM
Pray

honestly and this might be a reach but my personal opinion if we can beat the packers we canball with the saints, and definitely the 9ers. just saying one game at a time but beating the packers a great 15-1 team is momentum enough to propel us to the big game. </p>
I might've agreed if perhaps we'd have a chance of facing them at home, but I just honestly think the Saints are unbeatable in their dome.

Ofcourse "any given Sunday" overrules all of these things.....but still, it would be a stretch. Praying the 49ers handle them.

Giantz4Life
01-12-2012, 10:46 PM

</p>

<font color="#0000ff"><font size="4"><font face="Tahoma"><font color="#ff0000">GO</font> BIG BLUE </font></font></font></p>

Hey man did anyone ever hook you up with a towel?</p>

no not yet still hoping </p>

I just sent you a PM

I got you man