PDA

View Full Version : Why I Think The New York Football Giants Will Beat The Green Bay Packers

kkr
01-12-2012, 06:20 PM
The last time we played Green Bay it was a three point game that we lost with the last kick. Here are some facts to take into account for that game.

Osi Umenyiora did not play.

David Baas did not play.

Mario Manningham did not play.

Michael Boley was playing his first game back after a few weeks out and clearly not himself.

Justin Tuck was a fraction of himself, severely limited by injury.

Until KP had to leave with 6 minutes to play in the first half, the Green Bay offense had amassed a mere 7 points.

On the drive for the game winning FG, we were running Will Blackmon at RCB due to an injury to Aaron Ross. He got picked on a few occasions during this drive. Not surprising when you consider he is the 4th/5th CB starting due to injuries.

Jeff Tripplette had the worst officiating performance of the season. The Ballard TD and Jennings TD were the two biggest blown calls of many. He was, to put it bluntly, a disgrace.

http://ftrsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Screen-shot-2011-12-06-at-1.03.55-PM.png
http://www.longislandpress.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/giatns1.jpg

This time around Osi, Tuck, Boley, Baas and Mario are all healthy and playing their best football. As a team we are on a streak of great performances and more confident than ever before. The last time we played we lacked confidence and swagger but still played hard despite the 3 game losing streak.

Our D has really turned the corner ever since we decided to simplify things against the Jets and in the past three games (@NYJ, vs DAL, vs ATL) we have surrendered just 28 points, 9.33 points per game.

Their defense is ranked last yet people will point to their PPG as some justification for this, almost as if they are bend but don't break, or teams are padding stats in garbage time. There is some element of truth to that however they have also had the benefit of playing:

Tampa - 27th in points, 21st in yards
Carolina - 5th in points, 7th in yards (surprising, down to Cam & playing from behind id say)
ChicagoX2 - 17th in points 24th in yards
MinnesotaX2 - 19th in points, 18th in yards (skewed by 4th best rushing attack)
Denver (no Tebow) - 25th in points, 23rd in yards (skewed by #1 rush attack)
St Louis - 32nd in points, 31st in yards
Oakland - 16th in points, 9th in yards
Kansas (loss) - 31st in points, 27th in yards

So that's 9 games against bottom half offenses and 1 against a Carolina offense that is better advertised than it actually is. All those teams were below .500 aside from Denver, Oakland and Chicago who were .500 at 8-8.

We dominated Atlanta last week, it was probably really quietly, our best game of the season even though we started slow. Atlanta was 7th in points, 10th in yards. We shut them out and held them to 247 net yards. Eli had 277 yards passing by himself.

This defense is dangerous now and really peaking at the right time. Eli is playing as good as ever and he now has a running game too. Green Bay surrendered 111.8 yards per game on the ground which was 14th best in the league. Not very impressive when you consider their potent offense often gave them big leads.

Aaron Rodgers hasnt played since Christmas day. Jennings since they were still undefeated.

I really like our chances this weekend. Obviously time of possession and turnovers will be crucial so stop the run, run well and play turnover free football and we will have a really good chance. My money is where my mouth is! ALL IN!

BlueReign
01-12-2012, 06:27 PM
We also have to take into account the Packers were missing their LT and one of their guards, couples with Hawk and Bishop on the other side of the ball.

kkr
01-12-2012, 06:33 PM
We also have to take into account the Packers were missing their LT and one of their guards, couples with Hawk and Bishop on the other side of the ball.

Yeah its a fair point they weren't 100% healthy either but their line got off lightly with only JPP being 100%. Those linebackers would have been missed though.

Their biggest loss is Nick Collins in the secondary though, they still haven't recovered from his injury yet. Completely different unit with him in the game.

BlueReign
01-12-2012, 06:42 PM

Yeah its a fair point they weren't 100% healthy either but their line got off lightly with only JPP being 100%. Those linebackers would have been missed though.

Their biggest loss is Nick Collins in the secondary though, they still haven't recovered from his injury yet. Completely different unit with him in the game.

I agree. I think we'll get the best of them this time around. The Packers have given up 38 sacks or something this year right? That's nothing to write home about. Also, Nicks has already proven Woodson has a hard time handling him so he'll need to be doubled by Peprah which is rough. Tramon Williams has been susceptible to the big play all year too so he's gonna have a hard time with Cruz/Manningham 1 on 1. We should be able to gash them in the running game this time around. Raji just pissed off our offensive line.

Itlan
01-12-2012, 06:55 PM
I'm glad you highlighted something very important: Kenny Phillips.

I'm expecting his deep ball play to make a huge difference in this game, as he did bow out early with a knee injury. Coupled with a healthy Tuck & Osi, along with Boley covering Jermichael instead of JWill, I do like the Giants chances.

However, I still have a hard time seeing the Giants winning this game. Nothing would make me happier, and I'm hoping they do, but I'm hoping for the best, expecting the worst.

GO BLUE!

miked1958
01-12-2012, 07:35 PM
The last time we played Green Bay it was a three point game that we lost with the last kick.* Here are some facts to take into account for that game.

Osi Umenyiora did not play.

David Baas did not play.

Mario Manningham did not play.

Michael Boley was playing his first game back after a few weeks out and clearly not himself.

Justin Tuck was a fraction of himself, severely limited by injury.

Until KP had to leave with 6 minutes to play in the first half, the Green Bay offense had amassed a mere 7 points.

On the drive for the game winning FG, we were running Will Blackmon at RCB due to an injury to Aaron Ross.* He got picked on a few occasions during this drive.* Not surprising when you consider he is the 4th/5th CB starting due to injuries.

Jeff Tripplette had the worst officiating performance of the season.* The Ballard TD and Jennings TD were the two biggest blown calls of many.* He was, to put it bluntly, a disgrace.

http://ftrsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Screen-shot-2011-12-06-at-1.03.55-PM.png
http://www.longislandpress.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/giatns1.jpg

This time around Osi, Tuck, Boley, Baas and Mario are all healthy and playing their best football.* As a team we are on a streak of great performances and more confident than ever before.* The last time we played we lacked confidence and swagger but still played hard despite the 3 game losing streak.

Our D has really turned the corner ever since we decided to simplify things against the Jets and in the past three games (@NYJ, vs DAL, vs ATL) we have surrendered just 28 points, 9.33 points per game.

Their defense is ranked last yet people will point to their PPG as some justification for this, almost as if they are bend but don't break, or teams are padding stats in garbage time.* There is some element of truth to that however they have also had the benefit of playing:

Tampa - 27th in points, 21st in yards
Carolina - 5th in points, 7th in yards (surprising, down to Cam & playing from behind id say)
ChicagoX2 - 17th in points 24th in yards
MinnesotaX2 - 19th in points, 18th in yards (skewed by 4th best rushing attack)
Denver (no Tebow) - 25th in points, 23rd in yards (skewed by #1 rush attack)
St Louis - 32nd in points, 31st in yards
Oakland - 16th in points, 9th in yards
Kansas (loss) - 31st in points, 27th in yards

So that's 9 games against bottom half offenses and 1 against a Carolina offense that is better advertised than it actually is.* All those teams were below .500 aside from Denver, Oakland and Chicago who were .500 at 8-8.

We dominated Atlanta last week, it was probably really quietly, our best game of the season even though we started slow.* Atlanta was 7th in points, 10th in yards.* We shut them out and held them to 247 net yards.* Eli had 277 yards passing by himself.

This defense is dangerous now and really peaking at the right time.* Eli is playing as good as ever and he now has a running game too.* Green Bay surrendered 111.8 yards per game on the ground which was 14th best in the league.* Not very impressive when you consider their potent offense often gave them big leads.

Aaron Rodgers hasnt played since Christmas day.* Jennings since they were still undefeated.

I really like our chances this weekend.* Obviously time of possession and turnovers will be crucial so stop the run, run well and play turnover free football and we will have a really good chance.* My money is where my mouth is!* ALL IN!

One thing u forgot to mention. It was also Bradshaws first game back after missing 4 games with his foot. So he wasn't 100% either

Spizi
01-12-2012, 08:10 PM

add that to the fact that Eli threw a dumb pick six which won't happen again. We will win I guarantee it.

kkr
01-16-2012, 01:25 PM
Just bringing this one back to say that i am glad my faith in the team was rewarded! They were superb in all phases and even overcame horrible officiating.

Cannot wait for next week.