PDA

View Full Version : how much $ does osi even want ?

eli2cruz
01-12-2012, 07:29 PM
If we kept osi I believe that it would put our pass rush at its full potential. With jpp getting the majority of snaps and osi spelling for him when he needs a rest. Then on 3rd and long bring all 3 of our pass rushers and give the opposing offense hell like we've been doing. Granted I have no idea how much he would want, or our cap situation.

greenca190
01-12-2012, 07:36 PM
If we kept osi I believe that it would put our pass rush at its full potential. With jpp getting the majority of snaps and osi spelling for him when he needs a rest. Then on 3rd and long bring all 3 of our pass rushers and give the opposing offense hell like we've been doing. Granted I have no idea how much he would want, or our cap situation.

He wants to be paid like a top five pass rusher. The franchise tag (average of the top five players paid at a certain position) was 12.5 million.

You don't pay a back up defensive end 12.5 million.

eli2cruz
01-12-2012, 07:43 PM
I had no idea he wanted top 5 money

Gianthunter
01-12-2012, 07:50 PM
He signed a topdollar contract. Next yearsomebody got more. Now he's pissed.

RobCarpenter
01-12-2012, 11:04 PM
Osi is already under contract next year...by a contract that he signed. Now he just needs to honor it.

NYSPORTS
01-12-2012, 11:06 PM
Nobody signs a 7 year contract. He signed a bad deal.

NYCDBS
01-12-2012, 11:37 PM
Well its not the 7 years that made it a bad deal its that his contract is back loaded. I mean he did get a 4.5 million dollar signing bonus but he earns the most money in his contract next year....

RobCarpenter
01-12-2012, 11:48 PM
<IFRAME style="POSITION: absolute; WIDTH: 10px; HEIGHT: 10px; TOP: -9999em" id=twttrHubFrame tabIndex=0 src="http://platform.twitter.com/widgets/hub.1326407570.html" frameBorder=0 allowTransparency name=twttrHubFrame scrolling=no></IFRAME>
<DIV id=fb-root>
<SCRIPT src="https://plus.google.com/_/apps-static/_/js/widget/gcm_ppb,googleapis_client,plusone/rt=j/ver=7y1iA55bTxg.en_US./sv=1/am=!bMxf2l2AOqKIHfWTkg/d=1/" async="true"></SCRIPT>

<SCRIPT src="http://connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js" async="true" gapi_processed="true"></SCRIPT>
</DIV>

Nobody signs a 7 year contract. He signed a bad deal.</P>

Huh? Osi signed his contract...and it was a 6 yeardeal worth $41 million that hesigned.</P>

The deal at the time was the most guaranteed money ever for a player with only three years service ($15 million) and he received $21 million in the first three years, one of which he spent entirely on injured reserve.</P>

MattMeyerBud
01-13-2012, 01:30 PM

He wants to be paid like a top five pass rusher. The franchise tag (average of the top five players paid at a certain position) was 12.5 million.

You don't pay a back up defensive end 12.5 million.

top 5 DE

hes not even a top 2 DE on our team

G-Men Surg.
01-13-2012, 01:46 PM
A lot ?

SIMMS5611
01-13-2012, 01:55 PM
He just wants to be loved.

gumby742
01-13-2012, 01:56 PM
If we kept osi I believe that it would put our pass rush at its full potential. With jpp getting the majority of snaps and osi spelling for him when he needs a rest. Then on 3rd and long bring all 3 of our pass rushers and give the opposing offense hell like we've been doing. Granted I have no idea how much he would want, or our cap situation. He wants to be paid like a top five pass rusher. The franchise tag (average of the top five players paid at a certain position) was 12.5 million. You don't pay a back up defensive end 12.5 million.

top 5 DE

hes not even a top 2 DE on our team
</P>

This might sound a little nuts, but Kiwi just might have more overall value to this team.</P>

ashaddyt2269
01-13-2012, 02:02 PM
This the problem with this game Honor Your Contracts. I just signed a 1 year contract if after 6 months I find that they hire a guy for more that I think I am better then what should I do say I wont work till they let me break my contract and give me a bigger one. These players should be held to their word period. Sry just felt like venting nothing against osi just football in general. Go-GMEN

gumby742
01-13-2012, 02:05 PM
This the problem with this game Honor Your Contracts. I just signed a 1 year contract if after 6 months I find that they hire a guy for more that I think I am better then what should I do say I wont work till they let me break my contract and give me a bigger one. These players should be held to their word period. Sry just felt like venting nothing against osi just football in general. Go-GMEN</P>

Easy fix. Drastically lower salaries but make all contracts guaranteed - injury or not.</P>

Antone78
01-13-2012, 05:17 PM
Osi signed a deal that was made to benefit the Giants in it's final years. osi got paid a lot of his money during the first few years of his contract so that the last few years would be affordable to us and we would not need to release or resign him. Osi knew what he was getting into when he signed this contract. He should have put some of that money on the back of the contract and he would be getting a higher salary dueing these final few years of the contract