PDA

View Full Version : The last meaningful Packer-Giants game at Lambeau was in 2010, not 2007

barrister
01-12-2012, 08:24 PM
If you recall, these two teams met up for a meaningful game during Week 16 of the 2010 season. That was essentially a playoff game, with the winner staying alive, and the loser practically done for the year.

We all know how that ended, so I'm not looking to gloat about it. My question is, how does this Giants' roster differ from the Giants' roster for that game? I don't recall, but were you all missing key players that game? I understand that there are other factors to take into account (e.g., momentum of the current team). I'm just trying to remember how you all were looking at that time.

scf424
01-12-2012, 08:31 PM
It's a different season. Eli's not forcing things, we've got Cruz, our defense is hot right now, its the playoffs, etc.

I don't like the comparisons to 07 either, so don't try that on me either.

Only game that matters is the one on Sunday.

fansince69
01-12-2012, 08:36 PM
It's a different season. Eli's not forcing things, we've got Cruz, our defense is hot right now, its the playoffs, etc.

I don't like the comparisons to 07 either, so don't try that on me either.

Only game that matters is the one on Sunday.

To be honest...by the time we played that game we had given up mentally after the heart breaker against Philly....

scf424
01-12-2012, 08:36 PM
Yea I thought that was obvious.

Gmen2005
01-12-2012, 08:37 PM
That was a game in which the giants defense had absolutely no confidence. The Packers just dismantled them. I expect a totally different effort in this game from both sides of the ball.

jjj45
01-12-2012, 08:39 PM
If you recall, these two teams met up for a meaningful game during Week 16 of the 2010 season. That was essentially a playoff game, with the winner staying alive, and the loser practically done for the year.

We all know how that ended, so I'm not looking to gloat about it. My question is, how does this Giants' roster differ from the Giants' roster for that game? I don't recall, but were you all missing key players that game? I understand that there are other factors to take into account (e.g., momentum of the current team). I'm just trying to remember how you all were looking at that time.If we are looking at this from a Giants perspective, the soul of the team had been shredded. It was right after the collapse against philly and the team never recovered.

The season didn't end after you beat us - it ended with 7 minutes left in fourth quarter against the Eagles....

Tuckit91
01-12-2012, 08:42 PM
Every games different!!</P>

miked1958
01-12-2012, 08:43 PM

We all know how that ended, so I'm not looking to gloat about it. My question is, how does this Giants' roster differ from the Giants' roster for that game? I don't recall, but were you all missing key players that game? I understand that there are other factors to take into account (e.g., momentum of the current team). I'm just trying to remember how you all were looking at that time.
Pretty bad. This team has a strenth and conditioning problem, I am convinced of it. Anyway, how else do you lose your best punt/kick returner in back to back years, lose top key players in secondary, two starting LBers.. 2-3 Olineman. It goes on and on and it's every year.. Anyway we were blown out in the game you refer to. No if ands or buts. The guys that stepped in didn't step up..

Guys we have now we didn't have then.. JPP, Cruz, Prince, beckum,barden, 2 online petrus and baas, LB J. Williams, kiwi#94, several other non starting LBers mark H, Jones, on DLine L. Joseph, TE Ballard , TE/FB Pascoe, FB Hynoski also several others on STs kicker Blanchard, Martin, also chase Blackburn and Boley back...

So team is alot different from that team

Delicreep
01-12-2012, 08:55 PM

Let's start with this: if you won the SB, you can gloat and every other fan has to take it. Pretty sure it's in the Constitution.

After the Filthadelphia game in 2010, the Gint's came your way on what could have been either a quest for redemption or as a team that had no heart and no fire.

If you saw that game, you know what team the Pack faced.

Do we have the players to give you a challenge? I would assume that the game we played just a few weeks ago is more relevant than a game more than a year ago, wouldn't you agree?

barrister
01-12-2012, 09:13 PM
Heh. Thanks.

In terms of just the roster, it seems to me that the addition of Cruz and the emergence of JPP are the most significant differences. And they are both BIG.

The main problem I have with all the flashbacks to the 2007 NFCC is that these are drastically different rosters. The main one being, of course, Rodgers. If it comes down to it, I can assure you that AR12 isn't throwing that pick in OT.

BigBlue2010
01-12-2012, 09:22 PM

Sooner or later, every cat shows their stripes. Just out of curiosity, when you signed up Jan '08 were you in the same spirits you are in now?

allentown PA
01-12-2012, 09:25 PM
Heh. Thanks.

In terms of just the roster, it seems to me that the addition of Cruz and the emergence of JPP are the most significant differences. And they are both BIG.

The main problem I have with all the flashbacks to the 2007 NFCC is that these are drastically different rosters. The main one being, of course, Rodgers. If it comes down to it, I can assure you that AR12 isn't throwing that pick in OT.

agreed about A-rod not throwing picks this is a much better packer team, however I think ur defense was better in 07...not that it matters, just saying. I also do not like the 07 comparisons or last season..to be honest these teams are different from when they met earlier this year.

egyptian420
01-12-2012, 09:32 PM
I would assume that the game we played just a few weeks ago is more relevant than a game more than a year ago, wouldn't you agree?

I certainly agree, that's what I was about to say as well

pjam84
01-12-2012, 09:45 PM
Heh. Thanks.

yeah, but the giants are more similar to their 2007 team than the packers are. the reason for the comparisons is because of the late season surge, the power running game, and the defensive line pressure. we are winning with the same recipe, and we have a core group of guys that were on that team.

eli manning, brandon jacobs, ahmad bradshaw, chris snee, david diehl, kareem mckenzie, justin tuck, osi umenyiora, corey webster, aaron ross....those are just the starters...

we also have blackburn and deossie and kiwanuka at linebacker who happened to be on the ir for the super bowl run four years ago.

i agree that these are different teams. but just trying to add some perspective as to why people are making the comparisons.

FBomb
01-13-2012, 10:08 AM
If you recall, these two teams met up for a meaningful game during Week 16 of the 2010 season. That was essentially a playoff game, with the winner staying alive, and the loser practically done for the year. We all know how that ended, so I'm not looking to gloat about it. My question is, how does this Giants' roster differ from the Giants' roster for that game? I don't recall, but were you all missing key players that game? I understand that there are other factors to take into account (e.g., momentum of the current team). I'm just trying to remember how you all were looking at that time.</P>

Is it just me, or does this guy sound a little nervous?</P>

lttaylor56
01-13-2012, 10:28 AM
If you recall, these two teams met up for a meaningful game during Week 16 of the 2010 season. That was essentially a playoff game, with the winner staying alive, and the loser practically done for the year. We all know how that ended, so I'm not looking to gloat about it. My question is, how does this Giants' roster differ from the Giants' roster for that game? I don't recall, but were you all missing key players that game? I understand that there are other factors to take into account (e.g., momentum of the current team). I'm just trying to remember how you all were looking at that time.</P>

Is it just me, or does this guy sound a little nervous?</P>Seems like a respectful fan and he protrays the Green Bay fanbase in a good way. I have no problem with Green Bay fans, they are good people.

Are they nervous? Yes sure, they are the defending champs, they are 15/1, they have the most to loose. I'm sure they are not happy about having to face the Giants on Sunday.

Our guy's are going up there loose to play ball and possibly get an upset. The pressure is on GB.

Ruttiger711
01-13-2012, 10:32 AM

IMO - the biggest difference is GB is not facing a team fresh off one of the most deflating losses/single game collapsesin team history. The Giants are hot right now and the mindsets going into this game vs 2010 are incomparable. </P>

miked1958
01-13-2012, 10:36 AM
If you recall, these two teams met up for a meaningful game during Week 16 of the 2010 season. That was essentially a playoff game, with the winner staying alive, and the loser practically done for the year. We all know how that ended, so I'm not looking to gloat about it. My question is, how does this Giants' roster differ from the Giants' roster for that game? I don't recall, but were you all missing key players that game? I understand that there are other factors to take into account (e.g., momentum of the current team). I'm just trying to remember how you all were looking at that time. Pretty bad. This team has a strenth and conditioning problem, I am convinced of it. Anyway, how else do you lose your best punt/kick returner in back to back years, lose top key players in secondary, two starting LBers.. 2-3 Olineman. It goes on and on and it's every year.. Anyway we were blown out in the game you refer to. No if ands or buts. The guys that stepped in didn't step up.. Guys we have now we didn't have then.. JPP, Cruz, Prince, beckum,barden, 2 online petrus and baas, LB J. Williams, kiwi#94, several other non starting LBers mark H, Jones, on DLine L. Joseph, TE Ballard , TE/FB Pascoe, FB Hynoski also several others on STs kicker Blanchard, Martin, also chase Blackburn and Boley back... So team is alot different from that team</P>

Based off all the guys i mentioned I think this is a WAY Different team then they faced in 2010..</P>

Mercury
01-13-2012, 10:57 AM
The last meaningful Packers-Giants game is history. It's all about this Sunday.

lttaylor56
01-13-2012, 11:04 AM
The story lines approaching this game have been vast. Time will tell if AR will not be denied a GB superbowl appearance, or if the GB team is going to play inspired ball for their offensive co-ord. NYG will do their part in what should be an enormous challenge for them this Sunday. Go Blue!

miked1958
01-13-2012, 11:17 PM
If you recall, these two teams met up for a meaningful game during Week 16 of the 2010 season. That was essentially a playoff game, with the winner staying alive, and the loser practically done for the year. We all know how that ended, so I'm not looking to gloat about it. My question is, how does this Giants' roster differ from the Giants' roster for that game? I don't recall, but were you all missing key players that game? I understand that there are other factors to take into account (e.g., momentum of the current team). I'm just trying to remember how you all were looking at that time. Pretty bad. This team has a strenth and conditioning problem, I am convinced of it. Anyway, how else do you lose your best punt/kick returner in back to back years, lose top key players in secondary, two starting LBers.. 2-3 Olineman. It goes on and on and it's every year.. Anyway we were blown out in the game you refer to. No if ands or buts. The guys that stepped in didn't step up.. Guys we have now we didn't have then.. JPP, Cruz, Prince, beckum,barden, 2 online petrus and baas, LB J. Williams, kiwi#94, several other non starting LBers mark H, Jones, on DLine L. Joseph, TE Ballard , TE/FB Pascoe, FB Hynoski also several others on STs kicker Blanchard, Martin, also chase Blackburn and Boley back... So team is alot different from that team</P>

Based off all the guys i mentioned I think this is a WAY Different team then they faced in 2010..</P>
Also going into this game we now have a healthy AB who was playing his first game after missing 4 in a row and was not 100%.

We have kenny Philips back who left in first half with knee injury and did not return. Coaches has special plans for KP but could not implement them.

Boley was back after missing 2.5 games and was only about 70%. He was not supposed to play much but Spensers injury made him see way more time then he expected.

J. Tuck was not himself coming off the ankle injury and nagging groin and neck injuries. He is now closer to 100%.

Osi and Mario did not play at all in first game...

Also with the speed Nicks is showing, it seems he is over all his problems.

Ballard should be closer to 100% this week

We got news that it looks like Ware and Ross got great news and they both will be all in

elitime
01-13-2012, 11:25 PM
Forget about 2007,2010. It is 2012 and this is the playoffs! I'm not worried about what the Giants did 2,3 years ago. The Giants will play and they will give the Packers all they can handle, they proved it this season. But...if they can't run the ball, we will lose and Eli will get all the bad headlines because no run game puts the game on Eli's shoulders. And Maybe Tom C, will be gone. I don't want to see him go, but its a what have you done for us today league. We are Giants fans and we don't use excuses when we lose, we suck or we rule thats how we are. It all comes to what team plays better that day. I hope we do.

GOBIGBLUE52
01-14-2012, 04:57 PM
Forget about 2007,2010. It is 2012 and this is the playoffs! I'm not worried about what the Giants did 2,3 years ago. The Giants will play and they will give the Packers all they can handle, they proved it this season. But...if they can't run the ball, we will lose and Eli will get all the bad headlines because no run game puts the game on Eli's shoulders. And Maybe Tom C, will be gone. I don't want to see him go, but its a what have you done for us today league. We are Giants fans and we don't use excuses when we lose, we suck or we rule thats how we are. It all comes to what team plays better that day. I hope we do.

Even if we get blown out by 30 points, Coughlin is absolutely definitely positively coming back next year. 110% guarantee. Only way he doesn't is if he wants to retire. Same goes for Gilbride and Fewell

RCJINTS
01-14-2012, 06:45 PM
go GMEN!!!!

Voldamort
01-14-2012, 06:56 PM
2007 for me

Voldamort
01-14-2012, 06:59 PM
The past is the fuc** past Bret Farve this Aaron Rodgers that the past is the fuc** past!!!! Win tomorrow Big Blue!!!!

Gunakor
01-14-2012, 07:10 PM
Are they nervous? Yes sure, they are the defending champs, they are 15/1, they have the most to loose. I'm sure they are not happy about having to face the Giants on Sunday.

Our guy's are going up there loose to play ball and possibly get an upset. The pressure is on GB.

This.

It's no secret we'd rather have had Atlanta coming up here this weekend. New York is an outstanding road team that seems to thrive in the elements. The advantage of Lambeau Field is lessened to a large degree with the Giants coming to town.

But I wouldn't call it nervousness or fear. I'd call it a healthy respect for and an understanding of the challenges the New York Giants present. I still have confidence in our boys to get the job done.