PDA

View Full Version : Reaction From the Titans Message Board

Jack Robinson
07-25-2010, 10:36 AM
They're pissed that he's gone. Not too many people saying his best days are behind him. They still feel like he's going to be very productive if his knee holds up. They think the Giants have nothing to lose by giving him 2.5M for one year. Some would even consider wanting him back in 2011 since he's not under contract with the Giants.

PS. one poster said he was on a plane 3 years ago with Bulluck, and Bulluck told him he would eventually be a NY Giant.

Jack Robinson
07-25-2010, 10:38 AM
Btw, has anyone ever been to Nashville? Was there about 2 weeks ago and it's one of the least talked about hidden jewels of this country. Clean town, great women, lots of bars and live music.

gumby742
07-25-2010, 10:39 AM
That's a good sign. Unlike last year when the Cowboys lost Canty, if i remember right, they really didn't care too much....

ny06
07-25-2010, 10:39 AM
I think it was a great pick-up, one year deal 2.5 million. Sounds like a smart move.

I think if healthy he can contribute tremendously for this defense. I love his attitude and he is a leader.

I will be picking up a Bulluck jersey this season.

Jack Robinson
07-25-2010, 10:41 AM
That's a good sign.* Unlike last year when the Cowboys lost Canty, if i remember right, they really didn't care too much....

Yeah but there's a big difference between titan and cowboy fans.

Cowboy fans would never admit to themselves that the cowboys did something wrong, even if deep down they knew it.

rebelfan1966
07-25-2010, 10:45 AM
Btw, has anyone ever been to Nashville? Was there about 2 weeks ago and it's one of the least talked about hidden jewels of this country. Clean town, great women, lots of bars and live music.</P>

I don't live very far away from Nashville or Memphis.... Nashville is very nice, especially compared to Memphis ( which is a drug / gang riddled sess pool )</P>

YATittle1962
07-25-2010, 10:47 AM
Btw, has anyone ever been to Nashville? Was there about 2 weeks ago and it's one of the least talked about hidden jewels of this country. Clean town, great women, lots of bars and live music.

Love Music City

gumby742
07-25-2010, 10:47 AM
Home of country music! And I'm not ashamed to say that I'm a fan ...

jomo
07-25-2010, 10:48 AM
Btw, has anyone ever been to Nashville? Was there about 2 weeks ago and it's one of the least talked about hidden jewels of this country. Clean town, great women, lots of bars and live music.Yes, confirmed awesome place to visit.

fletch842
07-25-2010, 10:48 AM
Btw, has anyone ever been to Nashville? Was there about 2 weeks ago and it's one of the least talked about hidden jewels of this country. Clean town, great women, lots of bars and live music.</P>

Lets add Great Food!!!!!!!</P>

jomo
07-25-2010, 10:49 AM
I think it was a great pick-up, one year deal 2.5 million. Sounds like a smart move.

I think if healthy he can contribute tremendously for this defense. I love his attitude and he is a leader.

I will be picking up a Bulluck jersey this season.With the Bulluck and Rolle signings, JR has done alot to fill the leadership void created with AP retiring.

ny06
07-25-2010, 10:51 AM

I will be picking up a Bulluck jersey this season.With the Bulluck and Rolle signings, JR has done alot to fill the leadership void created with AP retiring.

I agree, let's not forget Grant too

jomo
07-25-2010, 10:52 AM
Yes, things are shaping up well as we head into camp next week.

Jack Robinson
07-25-2010, 11:07 AM

I don't live very far away from Nashville or Memphis.... Nashville is very nice, especially compared to Memphis ( which is a drug / gang riddled sess pool )</P>

Memphis ain't all that bad. Went there a couple of times when I lived in Mississippi.Beal Street's cool. And some areas downtown are decent. It's just that there's some awful areas in the immediate area.

derekunion28
07-25-2010, 11:09 AM
Yes, things are shaping up well as we head into camp next week.
you can sure say that again, just hope all stay healthy and we come outa camp full throtle, nice to hear the titans fans dont throw him under the bus....sounds like a good guy

Copizzle
07-25-2010, 01:56 PM
Hey guys thanks for saying such good things about my hometown. I'm a huge Giants living in Nashville and can tell you that many of my friends who are Titan fans believe Keith Bullock still has some gas left in the tank. My biggest concern is his knee and the fact that he didn't play MLB for the Titans. The Titans did play a 4-3 defense so maybe it won't be that big of a change.

BigBlue1971
07-25-2010, 02:11 PM
i think Bullock is going to be a great pickup for the g-men. ive always liked his play with the titans. he appears to be intense and a ball hawk. ibeleive he is a steal for 2.5mil. go giants! </P>

Jack Robinson
07-25-2010, 02:23 PM
Hey guys thanks for saying such good things about my hometown. I'm a huge Giants living in Nashville and can tell you* that many of my friends who are Titan fans believe Keith Bullock still has some gas left in the tank. My biggest concern is his knee and the fact that he didn't play MLB for the Titans. The Titans did play a 4-3 defense so maybe it won't be that big of a change.

Your're welcome.

And from what I read, Bulluck can play MLB and has in the past with Syracuse. I guess the titans converted him to the outside when they drafted him.

gumby742
07-25-2010, 02:24 PM
i think Bullock is going to be a great pickup for the g-men. ive always liked his play with the titans. he appears to be intense and a ball hawk. ibeleive he is a steal for 2.5mil. go giants! </p>

That's key ... he came dirt cheap. I love the move.

rebelfan1966
07-25-2010, 02:26 PM

Memphis ain't all that bad. Went there a couple of times when I lived in Mississippi.Beal Street's cool. And some areas downtown are decent. It's just that there's some awful areas in the immediate area.

I live in North Mississippi and work in Memphis. I suppose it's like many other cities, some realy nice areas, and some other areas you need to avoid..... especially after dark. Memphis has the Memphis in May BBQ festival, Beale Stree, Graceland, and some nice suburbs surrounding the city.... but the inner city constantly ranks in the top 10 nationally of everything that is bad... I think it was #1 on the homicide list for a couple years straight. It was also a staple city on the show 48 hrs until the city pushed to have the city dropped from the program because of the negative image. I will say this much for Memphis, best BBQ in the world... hands down. As for Nashville, with cuties like Carry Underwood, Taylor Swift, Shania, Reba, Faith, ect, ect, ect,.... dropping by and hanging around the city... it has to be a beautiful place : )

Jack Robinson
07-25-2010, 02:30 PM

I live in North Mississippi and work in Memphis. I suppose it's like many other cities, some realy nice areas, and some other areas you need to avoid..... especially after dark. Memphis has the Memphis in May BBQ festival, Beale Stree, Graceland, and some nice suburbs surrounding the city.... but the inner city constantly ranks in the top 10 nationally of everything that is bad... I think it was #1 on the homicide list for a couple years straight. It was also a staple city on the show 48 hrs until the city pushed to have the city dropped from the program because of the negative image. I will say this much for Memphis, best BBQ in the world... hands down. As for Nashville, with cuties like Carry Underwood, Taylor Swift, Shania, Reba, Faith, ect, ect, ect,.... dropping by and hanging around the city... it has to be a beautiful place : )

Lived in MS about 2 hrs. south from Memphis. You're right about the crime though. I know a guy in MS who got jumped by a bunch of black dudes while visiting there and they put him in a coma for a few months. Gotta disagree on the BBQ though. Texas beats it.

I still like Memphis but Nashville is way better. You'd do well to make a trip there.

rebelfan1966
07-25-2010, 02:44 PM

Lived in MS about 2 hrs. south from Memphis. You're right about the crime though. I know a guy in MS who got jumped by a bunch of black dudes while visiting there and they put him in a coma for a few months. Gotta disagree on the BBQ though. Texas beats it.

I still like Memphis but Nashville is way better. You'd do well to make a trip there.

I will have to agree to disagree about the BBQ...lol. Texas does a little different style of BBQ... mostly with beef. Memphis is all about the pork. FedEx ships Memphis BBQ all over the world. The used to ship a lot of Corky's BBQ. Nealy's BBQ in Memphis is ranked in the top 10 best places to eat BBQ in the nation. They have some secrete recipe that gives it just the right taste..... dangit, now I think I need to get off of here and head to Memphis ; )

Jack Robinson
07-25-2010, 02:54 PM

I will have to agree to disagree about the BBQ...lol. Texas does a little different style of BBQ... mostly with beef. Memphis is all about the pork. FedEx ships Memphis BBQ all over the world. The used to ship a lot of Corky's BBQ. Nealy's BBQ in Memphis is ranked in the top 10 best places to eat BBQ in the nation. They have some secrete recipe that gives it just the right taste..... dangit, now I think I need to get off of here and head to Memphis ; )

Texans do love their meat [insert joke here]. Rudy's BBQ brisket is serious business. The Salt Lick in Austin has badass pork ribs.

ny06
07-25-2010, 02:59 PM
Week 3 will be interesting.

Titans @ Giants

DragonSoul
07-25-2010, 03:24 PM
Ga has some Gr8 BBQ as well.

jomo
07-25-2010, 03:26 PM
As does the parking lot at Giants games.

DragonSoul
07-25-2010, 03:28 PM
As does the parking lot at Giants games.Not a big tail gate guy, but i can imagine, being from there.

Redeyejedi
07-25-2010, 03:37 PM
That's a good sign. Unlike last year when the Cowboys lost Canty, if i remember right, they really didn't care too much....
</P>

Yeah I posted that about Rolle 2 a lot of Cardinal fans were happy to see him go. They said he blewassignments all the time. Way more flash then substance. On the other hand theywere crushed about losing Dansby</P>

jomo
07-25-2010, 03:37 PM
As does the parking lot at Giants games.Not a big tail gate guy, but i can imagine, being from there.
Ribs, brisket, chicken and grilled keilbasa (if that qualifies as BBQ)

OsiStrahan#1combo
07-25-2010, 04:01 PM
GOD I WANT THE SEASON TO START NOWWWWWW!!!!!! CANT WAIT!!!!!

tonyt830
07-25-2010, 04:10 PM
Hey guys thanks for saying such good things about my hometown. I'm a huge Giants living in Nashville and can tell you that many of my friends who are Titan fans believe Keith Bullock still has some gas left in the tank. My biggest concern is his knee and the fact that he didn't play MLB for the Titans. The Titans did play a 4-3 defense so maybe it won't be that big of a change.
Your're welcome. And from what I read, Bulluck can play MLB and has in the past with Syracuse. I guess the titans converted him to the outside when they drafted him.Hey Jack and Copizzle, I too reside in the Nashville area. Moved down here from Jersey back in 97. I actually live about 25 miles north of the Music City. My wife works for the Grand Ole Opry group and is a huge fan of country music. We have adjusted to life in the South for the most part. We do miss Jersey and good bagels, pizza and subs. I give the people credit down here, they came together during and after the floods in early May. I was very proud to see how neighbors helped neighbors and how the city recovered from the floods through all of the volunteers.</P>

</P>

Anyway I'm waiting to hear from my buddy at work who is of course a huge Titans fan! But I've watched a lot of their games and Bulluck is a great leader and an underrated LB at times. But hey Tennessee is not the biggest media market. I do believe that the Titans had Bulluck play on the weakside after they drafted him.Atthe time they had Randall Godfrey playing mike. But he did play a little mike early in his career and of course at Syracuse. </P>

</P>

Its only a 1 yr deal and I have no problem with him being a mentor to the young backersespecially that hebrings a good work ethic and leadership to our team.</P>

</P>

Jack Robinson
07-25-2010, 04:43 PM
That's a good sign.* Unlike last year when the Cowboys lost Canty, if i remember right, they really didn't care too much....
</P>

Yeah I posted that about Rolle 2 a lot of Cardinal fans were happy to see him go. They said he blew*assignments all the time. Way more flash then substance. On the other hand they*were crushed about losing Dansby*</P>

I wouldn't put too much stock in what they say about Rolle considering most of the Cardinal fanbase only recently discovered football.

derekunion28
07-25-2010, 04:48 PM
</P>

Yeah I posted that about Rolle 2 a lot of Cardinal fans were happy to see him go. They said he blewassignments all the time. Way more flash then substance. On the other hand theywere crushed about losing Dansby</P>

I wouldn't put too much stock in what they say about Rolle considering most of the Cardinal fanbase only recently discovered football.</P>

hasha lmao</P>

DragonSoul
07-25-2010, 04:55 PM
grilled keilbasa (if that qualifies as BBQ) It does :)

DragonSoul
07-25-2010, 04:56 PM
</p>

Yeah I posted that about Rolle 2 a lot of Cardinal fans were happy to see him go. They said he blewassignments all the time. Way more flash then substance. On the other hand theywere crushed about losing Dansby</p>Some are just haters. Most teams that lost a big guy or are commenting within the division will usually have negative things to say unless the guy is really good &amp; has great character where the fans cant knock him.

SweetZombieJesus
07-26-2010, 10:07 AM

I was there as a kid, stayed with my Uncle in Knoxville for a summer (1982 World's Fair, Sunshpere FTW). He worked at Oak Ridge, birthplace of the bomb, and yes he was a nuclear engineer.

The people were great and very very friendly -- although slow compared to us NY'ers. Different pace of life.

shocknaweny
07-26-2010, 10:10 AM
He sounds excited to be a NY Giant !

Bashum_Blue
07-26-2010, 10:16 AM

Memphis is a blithering cess pool of stupidity and death. The only good thing about the whole city is Rendevouz ribs. I can at least order those online. I wouldn't go back to that city if someone paid me and I was born there.

Jiffy Jeff
07-26-2010, 10:37 AM

Yeah......I lived in Memphis for a while. I didn't know anyone other than my sister and her family, really. I was pretty much getting stoned 24/7. (at least I met a dope dealer, lol) I had a job at a custom prosthetics doctor's office/ manufacturer and that was a trip. Seeing so many people with no limbs or elephantitis or whatever really made me take nothing for granted. Plus, the area where the place was is known locally as "little Vietnam" and was really ghetto. There'd be scuzzy transvestite hookers walking around outside the office all day. Good stuff, man. Not to mention the owner's daughter was a secretary there and was a stone cold hottie.....slayed me.

Anyhow, Nashville is really nice area. Really pretty. But Beale Street in Memphis was a blast. It was like Mardi Gras every weekend there. Getting drunk and checking all the different bands out playing in the street.

Jack Robinson
07-26-2010, 10:53 AM

Memphis is a blithering cess pool of stupidity and death. The only good thing about the whole city is Rendevouz ribs. I can at least order those online. I wouldn't go back to that city if someone paid me and I was born there.

You could have been born in a lot worse. There are cities like that except they don't have Beale Street.

Jackson, MS, for example, is a hairy unwashed a-hole.

dlivesay
07-26-2010, 10:59 AM
Unfortunately, the Dallas fans were right on that one. I fear Canty will always be way more potential than production.
Bullock was not only a MLB, he was the leader of a defense that until last year was pretty darn good. They aren't losting just a LB, they're losing the heartbeat of their defense. If i were a titan fan, I'd be upset too.

Yeah but there's a big difference between titan and cowboy fans.

Cowboy fans would never admit to themselves that the cowboys did something wrong, even if deep down they knew it.

Out of Exile
07-26-2010, 08:31 PM

My cousin's friend lives there. He doesn't want to leave. He's originally from New Jersey. I need to get out there eventually.

stormin normand
07-26-2010, 08:37 PM

I live in the Huntsville Al. area. Been to Nashville e few times. Unfortuneately the last time (2 mos. ago) a good deal of one of the nicer areas was still recovering from flood damage.</P>

The Hard rock and planet Hollywood ( a number of years ago) and the surrounding areawas nice, believe one or both have since left town</P>

Given the chance I would reccomend the Aquarium restaraunt near the Opryland hotel if it re-opens.</P>

They have closed down a lot of what were seen as "problem areas" around 8th ave.</P>

Can't wait fot the G-men to play there.</P>

pino
07-26-2010, 09:41 PM
</P>

Nothing to be ashamed by liking country music. If you don't you've obviously haven't seen Faith Hill. [:$]</P>

byron
07-26-2010, 09:58 PM
</P>

Nothing to be ashamed by liking country music. If you don't you've obviously haven't seen Faith Hill. [:$]</P>

I love FH too..lol</P>

http://celebucrap.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/06/05/faith_hill.jpg</P>

rebelfan1966
07-26-2010, 10:44 PM

Memphis ain't all that bad. Went there a couple of times when I lived in Mississippi.Beal Street's cool. And some areas downtown are decent. It's just that there's some awful areas in the immediate area. I live in North Mississippi and work in Memphis. I suppose it's like many other cities, some realy nice areas, and some other areas you need to avoid..... especially after dark. Memphis has the Memphis in May BBQ festival, Beale Stree, Graceland, and some nice suburbs surrounding the city.... but the inner city constantly ranks in the top 10 nationally of everything that is bad... I think it was #1 on the homicide list for a couple years straight. It was also a staple city on the show 48 hrs until the city pushed to have the city dropped from the program because of the negative image. I will say this much for Memphis, best BBQ in the world... hands down. As for Nashville, with cuties like Carry Underwood, Taylor Swift, Shania, Reba, Faith, ect, ect, ect,.... dropping by and hanging around the city... it has to be a beautiful place : ) Lived in MS about 2 hrs. south from Memphis. You're right about the crime though. I know a guy in MS who got jumped by a bunch of black dudes while visiting there and they put him in a coma for a few months. Gotta disagree on the BBQ though. Texas beats it. I still like Memphis but Nashville is way better. You'd do well to make a trip there. Memphis is a blithering cess pool of stupidity and death. The only good thing about the whole city is Rendevouz ribs. I can at least order those online. I wouldn't go back to that city if someone paid me and I was born there. You could have been born in a lot worse. There are cities like that except they don't have Beale Street. Jackson, MS, for example, is a hairy unwashed a-hole.</P>

The funny thing is I remember when Memphis and Jackson used to be great places to live. Once corrupt politrickans and gangs move in... they ended up with hookers on every other corner, drug dealers on every block, and more homicides than any other city in the country. Beale Street used to also be a cess pool area... but it is part of the memphis downtown revitalization project. The city basically went in after everything went to pot and started refurbishing the downtown area. Pros to Memphis are ... Beale Street, Blues Music, BB Kings, Peabody Hotel, Graceland, Memphis in May BBQ festival, BBQ, Sun Records, FedEx, and a few ritzy surrounding suburbs. The Cons... Corrupt political leaders, homicides,gangs, homicides, drugs, homicides, hookers, homicides, crack houses, homicides, car jacking, homicides, home evasions, homicides, and lastly... homicides. </P>

rebelfan1966
07-26-2010, 10:46 PM
</P>

I love FH too..lol</P>

http://celebucrap.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/06/05/faith_hill.jpg</P>

</P>

I love me some Faith!</P>