PDA

View Full Version : It comes down to New Orleans

NYSPORTS
01-12-2012, 09:23 PM
IMO

1. If the Saints win Saturday night, the Giants season is basically over. I don't see this Giants team winning in New Orleans

2. If San Fran wins Sat night, Sunday is the Superbowl for the Giants. The Giants win will beat everybody if they beat the Pack without New Orleans on the horizon.

fansince69
01-12-2012, 09:25 PM
IMO

1. If the Saints win Saturday night, the Giants season is basically over. I don't see this Giants team winning in New Orleans

2. If San Fran wins Sat night, Sunday is the Superbowl for the Giants. The Giants win will beat everybody if they beat the Pack without New Orleans on the horizon.

Interesting perspective and can not say the same thought has not crossed my mind.

MikeIsaGiant
01-12-2012, 09:29 PM
It comes down to the Packers right now.

We'll worry about NO after the game is over

krygny
01-12-2012, 09:40 PM
I'll have to see how I feel after the Packers game, and we win. We match up well with the Packers. We do not match up well with the Saints.

gmen0820
01-12-2012, 09:42 PM
Yeah I see it this way as well.

buddy33
01-12-2012, 09:42 PM
Let's see how they do this week first.

As far as the Saints go, the Lions where beating them 14-10 at the half. The Lions dropped two interceptions in that game too. Not saying they would have won, but you can't pass up on those turn overs.

WMBG
01-12-2012, 09:49 PM
as well as the saints have played, they're still very beatable. they are basically a supercharged Falcon's team (great passing, good power running, defense that doesn't get pressure but will gamble for turnovers). If we can shut out the Falcons, we can put up a fight against a similar, albeit much better, team.

The key person missing last time was Boley IIRC. Without him, we had zero chance of stopping Jimmy Graham and Sproles, which proves to be a waterfall effect on the rest of our already suspect coverage. With Boley back, we'll be better equipped to cover that attack.

And honestly, I don't think we'll get manhandled by their blocking scheme the same way two times in a row. Fewell will figure out a way to get pressure on Brees. Last time around they basically just max protected with a back or extra blocker and had him pick us apart; I'm sure they'll be able to figure something out this go around.

JJC7301
01-12-2012, 09:55 PM
IMO

If we could beat the Pats in SB 42, then NOTHING is impossible.

Worry about the Pack first.

Ruttiger711
01-12-2012, 10:01 PM
Yes, we as fans have the luxury of looking ahead unlike the players....but honestly....

...who gives a **** about New Orleans right now!?!

NYSPORTS
01-12-2012, 10:03 PM
Yes, we as fans have the luxury of looking ahead unlike the players....but honestly....

Perhaps you should save the swearing and work more on reading comprehension.

Ruttiger711
01-12-2012, 10:08 PM

Get bent - swear free

What's to comprehend? You're counting a game that doesn't even exist as a loss and another as a superbowl berth.

NYSPORTS
01-12-2012, 10:09 PM

Get bent - swear free

What's to comprehend? You're counting a game that doesn't even exist as a loss and another as a superbowl berth.

No sweetie - I'm saying Sunday is the Superbowl for the Giants if New Orleans is out. Hopefully you cheer up by the weekend tough guy.

NYSPORTS
01-12-2012, 10:12 PM
Yeah I see it this way as well.

Ty

Ruttiger711
01-12-2012, 10:17 PM

Get bent - swear free

No sweetie - I'm saying Sunday is the Superbowl for the Giants if New Orleans is out. Hopefully you cheer up by the weekend tough guy.

I'll admit it I'm grumpy- but nothing to do with your post so I apologize. Still doesn't change my opinion, you're saying the Giants are actually superbowl winners since they will "beat everybody" with the Pack and NO out of the way.

NYSPORTS
01-12-2012, 10:25 PM

Get bent - swear free

I'll admit it I'm grumpy- but nothing to do with your post so I apologize. Still doesn't change my opinion, you're saying the Giants are actually superbowl winners since they will "beat everybody" with the Pack and NO out of the way.

No biggie - hope you feel better

I don't see any way this team wins in New Orleans. I don't think anybody can. Take them out on Sat night in San Fran, looking at what's left, the Giants Superbowl could be this Sunday. They'll defeat the rest.

NYCDBS
01-12-2012, 10:44 PM
If we do indeed win on Sunday, you are right we would be in trouble against the Saints. However I don't think the Saints are getting out of San Fran with a win... They are terrible on the road outside and the field out there will definitely slow down their offense not to metion that the 49ers are nasty on D this year. Should be an awesome game...

rainierjef
01-12-2012, 10:58 PM
IMO

as long as this is in your opinion whatever

NYSPORTS
01-12-2012, 11:06 PM
IMO

Shouldn't you be collecting towels or something important like predicting the refs will screw the Giants? lol

miked1958
01-12-2012, 11:07 PM
IMO

I say face the bully. Face your demons... Guys on here on right. Must worry only about the Pack for now.
But I will personally be rooting for the saints Saturday.

rainierjef
01-12-2012, 11:08 PM
IMO

Shouldn't you be collecting towels or something important like predicting the refs will screw the Giants? lol

IMO collecting towels is something you probably do for a living but thanks for the suggestion im good where i'm at, and zebras will be zebras if you don't care about it then why post on it? i guess an lol is in order here huh... lol

miked1958
01-12-2012, 11:31 PM
We follow the 07 blueprint.

07 we had to play a team we didn't play in regular season (Tampa Bay) in Wildcard round

This season we had to play a team we didn't play in regular season (Atlanta)

07 we traveled to Dallas in the divisional round to play the #1 seed Cowboys. A team that beat us twice during that year.

This season we will travel to GB in the divisional round to play the #1 Packers. A team beat us during this year. (next part depends on what happens Sunday)

07 we traveled GB for the NFC CG to play a team that blew us out that year.

This year there is a good chance we will travel to NO for the NFC CG to play a team that killed us this year.

In SB we played an unbeaten 18-0 team led by a ****y Brady

This season we could go back to SB and face a still ****y tom Brady. They are not unbeaten. BUT... They have not lost a game since we beat them. They have had 8 wins in a row, mostly by blowouts. Prior to us they lost to Pitt but won the 3 before that for 11of13. With the 2 playoff wins that would give them ten wins in a row coming into SB.(and 13of15) Not quite 18 but we can still break their hearts in a 1-10-1 senario. What does that mean.....u ask?

Well they had a loss to NY then sandwiched 10 wins in between ANOTHER LOSS to NY!!! Lol

That would be the perfect ending to the season.. Gettin revenge on GB and NO and beating NE again for our 4th Title

JMFP2
01-13-2012, 12:01 AM
It comes down to the Packers right now. We'll worry about NO after the game is over</P>

</P>

+1....let's not doom ourselves about games we haven't even played.</P>

JMFP2
01-13-2012, 12:02 AM
Let's see how they do this week first. As far as the Saints go, the Lions where beating them 14-10 at the half. The Lions dropped two interceptions in that game too. Not saying they would have won, but you can't pass up on those turn overs.</P>

The Lions played absolute **** defense. I mean complete **** defense. Yeah, Brees was hitting receivers, but that doesn't excuse the Lions from basic tackling technique.</P>

BigBlue2010
01-13-2012, 12:03 AM
On a personal level, I would encourage anybody to get those thoughts out of their head. If Giants played Sat. AM and Saints/49ers played Sun. PM it would be one thing. Since its the opposite you are putting yourself in a position to feel defeated 24 hours before we even take the field against the Packers.

pezman1963
01-13-2012, 12:20 AM
You beats the Saints same way you beat the Packers....shut down the run, force them to pass then rush the passer hard. On offense slow methodical drives... lots of running.
Personally if they win this week they win the championship.......

tikiandphil
01-13-2012, 12:24 AM
IMO

Interesting points of view. I agree that the Saints are the matchup from h*ll for us and if we had to play them at the "dome" we would be in hot water. The 49ers are beatable but the cross country venue hurts our chances.

Tuffy44
01-13-2012, 12:37 AM
IMO

2. If San Fran wins Sat night, Sunday is the Superbowl for the Giants. The Giants win will beat everybody if they beat the Pack without New Orleans on the horizon. horrid homer logic at its finest.

BornLegend
01-13-2012, 03:27 AM
as well as the saints have played, they're still very beatable. they are basically a supercharged Falcon's team (great passing, good power running, defense that doesn't get pressure but will gamble for turnovers). If we can shut out the Falcons, we can put up a fight against a similar, albeit much better, team.

The key person missing last time was Boley IIRC. Without him, we had zero chance of stopping Jimmy Graham and Sproles, which proves to be a waterfall effect on the rest of our already suspect coverage. With Boley back, we'll be better equipped to cover that attack.

And honestly, I don't think we'll get manhandled by their blocking scheme the same way two times in a row. Fewell will figure out a way to get pressure on Brees. Last time around they basically just max protected with a back or extra blocker and had him pick us apart; I'm sure they'll be able to figure something out this go around.We didn't have Blackburn when we played the Saints neither. He sured up our middle nicely with good gap containment on running plays.

Spytheweb
01-13-2012, 03:39 AM
I just say, knock the QBs out and you won't have to worry about them.

Gunakor
01-13-2012, 04:04 AM
You beats the Saints same way you beat the Packers....shut down the run, force them to pass then rush the passer hard. On offense slow methodical drives... lots of running.
Personally if they win this week they win the championship.......

The Packers will shut down their own run game. They don't need any help doing that, they've been practicing all season long and have gotten quite good at it.

Bring your pass rush. We've gotten pretty used to that over the past 4 years too.

Your last point hits the nail on the head. Slow, methodical, run oriented drives that kill huge chunks of game time are the way to beat the Pack. Keep our offense off the field - and our defense on it.

SweetZombieJesus
01-13-2012, 06:37 AM
The Giants have not played the Saints competitively since that Katrina "home game", IIRC.

But being a Giant fan should teach you NOBODY is to be feared. Not an 18-0 juggernaught, not a two-time defending champion dynasty with the best QB in NFL history, not some vaunted high-flying offense. NOBODY.

michaelkhan3
01-13-2012, 07:53 AM
IMO

The Saints are saying the same thing about us. If GB win that's their season over if we win they have a chance

FlyingTruck
01-13-2012, 08:04 AM
Are we just going to lay down for the Saints? No.
Anyway we have the Packers to worry about first.

TheAngryTuna
01-13-2012, 08:32 AM
I think the 49ers pull off the upset. However if they don't we need to implement the same game plan we use against the Pack. Run the ball.

nygsb42champs
01-13-2012, 08:34 AM
Lets beat the Packers before we worry about next week.

NYSPORTS
01-13-2012, 10:17 AM
IMO

The Saints are saying the same thing about us. If GB win that's their season over if we win they have a chance

That's funny and likely true. The Saints want no part of going to Green Bay.

NYSPORTS
01-15-2012, 03:51 PM
IMO

Bump - #2

It's Superbowl Sunday

Voldamort
01-15-2012, 03:54 PM
And you call yourself a Giant Fan season over my a**

NYSPORTS
01-15-2012, 04:18 PM
And you call yourself a Giant Fan season over my a**

Go play nintendo tough guy