PDA

View Full Version : JPP has the potential to be the biggest impact player

miked1958
01-12-2012, 11:50 PM
In the NFL since LT...........

I know Strahan was Huge for us and one of the better DEs of his time..

There was Leonard Marshall.

We now have Tuck and Osi.

However.... LT was a different type player. He was a Gamechanger... He made something happen on almost every play. He was feared by every team in the NFL. OCs had nightmares trying to gameplan for him.

I think if JPP continues to improve he could be THAT player. He has that type of potential.

JMFP2
01-12-2012, 11:57 PM
JPP has that freakish athletic ability that LT had.</P>

LT had a complete killer instinct.....not saying JPP doesn't, but not on LT's scale, at least yet.</P>

Opposing QBsare worried about JPP...... opposing QBs were scared sh##less of LT.</P>

Mohann
01-13-2012, 12:28 AM
Satan doesn't have the killer instinct of LT.

miked1958
01-13-2012, 01:10 AM
Satan doesn't have the killer instinct of LT.

Lol

miked1958
01-13-2012, 01:12 AM

LT had a complete killer instinct.....not saying JPP doesn't, but not on LT's scale, at least yet.</P>

Opposing QBs*are worried about JPP...... opposing QBs were scared sh##less of LT.</P>
Oh, I agree. That's why I said he has the potential to be an impact player like L t was with some time to grow.
I think he can develop that killer instinct u speak of over time

THE_New_York_Giants
01-13-2012, 01:15 AM

Opposing QBs*are worried about JPP...... opposing QBs were scared sh##less of LT.</P>
Oh, I agree. That's why I said he has the potential to be an impact player like L t was with some time to grow.
I think he can develop that killer instinct u speak of over time
I think he can develop into a Reggie White-esq DE

miked1958
01-13-2012, 09:29 AM

Opposing QBsare worried about JPP...... opposing QBs were scared sh##less of LT.</P>

Oh, I agree. That's why I said he has the potential to be an impact player like L t was with some time to grow. I think he can develop that killer instinct u speak of over time I think he can develop into a Reggie White-esq DE</P>

Yes.. I agree. But i think with the way he hits with Power (like White) he can cause ALOT of turnovers like LT did. You wont ever see what we saw with LT because he was a LB rushing off the Edge with a head of steam running right over potential blockers, sometimes tackling the QB and the blocker if he got in the way...</P>

Remember that SWIPE he had at the ball when he got close to the QB... Man JPP needs to incorporate that. </P>

</P>

miked1958
01-13-2012, 09:31 AM
Also heard that Dallas fans including my Nephew (a huge cowboy fan) have said that JPP will never be as good as Demarcus Ware. PLEASE....</P>

No, not yet. But i think as time goes on he will equal and then surpass Ware by so much it wont be even funny</P>

THE_New_York_Giants
01-13-2012, 10:52 AM
Also heard that Dallas fans including my Nephew (a huge cowboy fan) have said that JPP will never be as good as Demarcus Ware. PLEASE....</P>

No, not yet. But i think as time goes on he will equal and then surpass Ware by so much it wont be even funny</P>
I've heard a lot of Dallas fans say they would trade their entire defense for JPP... I go to Dallas frequently and have a lot of friends who are cowterd fans. They say things like "Demarcus Ware can only get sacks... and he'll show up 2 or 3 plays a game." Ware is definitely a liability in the run game and in coverage. JPP has been a GREAT run stopper this year AND he knocks down at least 2 passes a game. In the words of intelligent football fans, JPP is a game changer.

miked1958
01-13-2012, 10:59 AM

I've heard a lot of Dallas fans say they would trade their entire defense for JPP... I go to Dallas frequently and have a lot of friends who are cowterd fans. They say things like "Demarcus Ware can only get sacks... and he'll show up 2 or 3 plays a game." Ware is definitely a liability in the run game and in coverage. JPP has been a GREAT run stopper this year AND he knocks down at least 2 passes a game. In the words of intelligent football fans, JPP is a game changer.</P>

This</P>

jhamburg
01-13-2012, 11:00 AM

I've heard a lot of Dallas fans say they would trade their entire defense for JPP... I go to Dallas frequently and have a lot of friends who are cowterd fans. They say things like "Demarcus Ware can only get sacks... and he'll show up 2 or 3 plays a game." Ware is definitely a liability in the run game and in coverage. JPP has been a GREAT run stopper this year AND he knocks down at least 2 passes a game. In the words of intelligent football fans, JPP is a game changer.

I don't know why people keep saying Ware can't play the run. He's outstanding against the run and always has been.

At the same time I'll still take a 22 year old JPP over any defensive player in the league.

Ntegrase96
01-13-2012, 12:10 PM
Also heard that Dallas fans including my Nephew (a huge cowboy fan) have said that JPP will never be as good as Demarcus Ware. PLEASE....</p>

No, not yet. But i think as time goes on he will equal and then surpass Ware by so much it wont be even funny</p>

I don't know why people keep saying Ware can't play the run. He's outstanding against the run and always has been.

At the same time I'll still take a 22 year old JPP over any defensive player in the league.

This. And he's really not bad in coverage.

But I'm not one who thinks JPP won't be every bit as good as Ware. He could be even more of an impact player than Ware already, but to be fair he's got a ton more help than Ware right now. Hard to compare talent since they don't play the same position, but JPP is very physically gifted and may not have hit his peak yet. That said, he may decline in just a few short years.

I'd compare him to Strahan more than LT though. I look at him more in that regard. Very similar in their impact off the edge.

And the people who say Ware takes plays off and only shows up in garbage time don't know much about football. He may not get the sacks all the time (although the man had 19.5 this year), but I believe he was 1st in the league in pressures in the 4th Q.

Just goes to show you what happens when people are spoiled by a great player like Ware. If he doesn't single handedly destroy an offense, he's not playing up to par.

While I like JPP, I still have to stick up for Ware. He's a hell of a football player.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMab0VZfpu0

Raptor22
01-13-2012, 12:11 PM
JPP has that freakish athletic ability that LT had.</p>

LT had a complete killer instinct.....not saying JPP doesn't, but not on LT's scale, at least yet.</p>

Opposing QBsare worried about JPP...... opposing QBs were scared sh##less of LT.</p>

By the same token, LT would be banned from the league nowadays, so that's something of a push... Doesn't matter how good you are if you're not allowed to play.

M0rbid
01-13-2012, 03:04 PM
I hope guys like LT and Strahan can give him a private tutoring. JPP needs to develop that mean streak like hes going to kill someone LOL.

Medisleman
01-13-2012, 03:16 PM
We do have to be honest, LT was one scary MF'er partly because he was fueled by cocaine and who knows what else. He was an amazing player, freakish athleticism, killer instinct, and drug fueled rage. So I'd rather JPP lay off the drugs and do it with his athleticism and smart play.

miked1958
01-13-2012, 03:25 PM

I've heard a lot of Dallas fans say they would trade their entire defense for JPP... I go to Dallas frequently and have a lot of friends who are cowterd fans. They say things like "Demarcus Ware can only get sacks... and he'll show up 2 or 3 plays a game." Ware is definitely a liability in the run game and in coverage. JPP has been a GREAT run stopper this year AND he knocks down at least 2 passes a game. In the words of intelligent football fans, JPP is a game changer. I don't know why people keep saying Ware can't play the run. He's outstanding against the run and always has been. At the same time I'll still take a 22 year old JPP over any defensive player in the league.

This. And he's really not bad in coverage.

But I'm not one who thinks JPP won't be every bit as good as Ware. He could be even more of an impact player than Ware already, but to be fair he's got a ton more help than Ware right now. Hard to compare talent since they don't play the same position, but JPP is very physically gifted and may not have hit his peak yet. That said, he may decline in just a few short years.

I'd compare him to Strahan more than LT though. I look at him more in that regard. Very similar in their impact off the edge.

And the people who say Ware takes plays off and only shows up in garbage time don't know much about football. He may not get the sacks all the time (although the man had 19.5 this year), but I believe he was 1st in the league in pressures in the 4th Q.

Just goes to show you what happens when people are spoiled by a great player like Ware. If he doesn't single handedly destroy an offense, he's not playing up to par.

While I like JPP, I still have to stick up for Ware. He's a hell of a football player.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMab0VZfpu0
</P>

Nice Clip. Any team would take a D. Ware on their team and they could build around a player like him.</P>

KidA
01-13-2012, 07:48 PM
JPP is an amazing athlete and plays very smart football for someone so young and inexperienced.

That being said, you do not "develop" killer instinct. Your brain has to be wired that way. Just look at LT. You can see the intensity in his eyes. Nobody taught him that. It's who he is.