PDA

View Full Version : The Giants and Poker

G-Man67
01-13-2012, 11:43 AM
Fassel pushed all his chips to the center of the table and guaranteed the Giants would make the playoffs, which we did

Now, Coughlin has the "All In", which doesn't guarantee any particular accomplishment, but does guarantee that the Giants will leave everything they have on the field

as a fan of No Limit Holdem' ... I like these metaphors!

jhamburg
01-13-2012, 11:51 AM
Fassel pushed all his chips to the center of the table and guaranteed the Giants would make the playoffs, which we did

Now, Coughlin has the "All In", which doesn't guarantee any particular accomplishment, but does guarantee that the Giants will leave everything they have on the field

I love poker too...but isn't everyone always "all-in" in the playoffs?

Firenugget
01-13-2012, 11:53 AM

Now, Coughlin has the "All In", which doesn't guarantee any particular accomplishment, but does guarantee that the Giants will leave everything they have on the field</p>

I love poker too...but isn't everyone always "all-in" in the playoffs?</p>

</p>

Atlanta didn't appear to be.
</p>

G-Man67
01-13-2012, 11:56 AM
Atlanta didn't appear to be

Atlanta was a calling station, they knew we had a better hand on the turn (4th and 1), but they still called :) ... only to get stuffed on the River!

repeatchamps
01-13-2012, 11:58 AM

I am with you on the poker reference but I think this article has something to do with it too. Poker reference yes, but it goes beyond just poker:

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/big_blue_chips_2GySSeBjpz77CX2YrIBEuI</P>

jhamburg
01-13-2012, 11:58 AM
Atlanta didn't appear to be

Atlanta was a calling station, they knew we had a better hand on the turn (4th and 1), but they still called :) ... only to get stuffed on the River!

Chasing that gutshot straight...

eastbayblue
01-13-2012, 12:00 PM
Are rebuys allowed for the Packers?

repeatchamps
01-13-2012, 12:09 PM
Atlanta didn't appear to be Atlanta was a calling station, they knew we had a better hand on the turn (4th and 1), but they still called :) ... only to get stuffed on the River! Chasing that gutshot straight...</P>

Lol. Yup. I would describe the Giants chances in GB as one where they are drawing to a double belly-buster straight as well as an Ace highflush. Can they catch it on the river? I think they just might.[;)]</P>