PDA

View Full Version : Coincidence?

NYFan221
01-13-2012, 02:36 PM
In the off season a lot of negative remarks and comments were made about Eli putting himself in the same class as Tom Brady, as being elite. We lost Smith and Boss, 2 of Eli's favorite targets, leaving only Nicks, Manningham, and question marks as the targets he had left. Our O-line got shifted around, we let go of seubert and ohara. Our defense was hit pretty hard with the injury bug, and it showed on the field, on the scoreboard, and in the stats. Our run game was ranked last throughout almost the entire season.

And through all of that, we made it to where we are now, because of him. Obviously not solely because of him, but without an "elite" QB we would not be here, the NFC divisional game against the best team in football.

He.s already proved he.s elite, but this is the perfect opportunity to shut everyone up for good. Make a run, beat "elite" rodgers and GB, beat "elite" brees and NO/a great 49ers d, and make it to the superbowl where everyone will be watching him.

So shut them up Eli.

JMGGIANTS
01-13-2012, 02:52 PM
I wish but it is forever going to be hard for Eli to get the respect he deserves, i.e. "he didn't help win the 07 SB he just didn't lose it for G-Men". Then this week in a poll they asked the nation who they would want as QB to lead 4th qtr. comeback. Brady and Rogers beat him soundly which I don't have a big problem with but Tebow finished well ahead of him...Tebow?? Eli average 5-10% of votes around country while Tebow was more like 30%. Go freaking figure.

Giants Of New Jersey
01-13-2012, 02:55 PM
I wish but it is forever going to be hard for Eli to get the respect he deserves, i.e. "he didn't help win the 07 SB he just didn't lose it for G-Men". Then this week in a poll they asked the nation who they would want as QB to lead 4th qtr. comeback. Brady and Rogers beat him soundly which I don't have a big problem with but Tebow finished well ahead of him...Tebow?? Eli average 5-10% of votes around country while Tebow was more like 30%. Go freaking figure.

It doesn't matter what bored, clueless people around the globe feel about that. People that are involved with football and the NFL respect Eli and would definitely rather him over Tebow, THAT is what matters the most and what matters to Eli.

BigBlue wins
01-13-2012, 03:05 PM

It doesn't matter what bored, clueless people around the globe feel about that. People that are involved with football and the NFL respect Eli and would definitely rather him over Tebow, THAT is what matters the most and what matters to Eli.

+1...I wouldn't be surprised if some voters were idiots that voted on what they see in the news or by facial preference. Tebow has a good defense and a good kicker. I think he was partially responsible for the latest because he did throw that pass. However, he didnt make the catch nor did he run down the field for the TD.

JMGGIANTS
01-13-2012, 03:12 PM
exactly...a lot of those votes were likely encouraged by the Tebow hype. I don't dislike Tebow but it is getting real old that you can't go to an NFL news web-site without seeing another article on Tebow.