PDA

View Full Version : Jet fan quotes on the Giants (from their board)

Jack Robinson
08-10-2010, 08:28 PM
For any Giant fan who roots for the Jets when we're not playing, this is for you:

On their belief that Francessa being more privy to the Giants:

OLLIE: "This is exactly the type of Giants **** facedom that I've always despised... It's the reason I couldn't bring myself to root for them against the Pats in 07... The Giants have and will always be my most hated team..."

NYJUNC: "The Giants have always been looking down at us like they are the Yankees of the NFL when they aren't an elite all time franchise."

PENNING10: "Its such a shame to have one of two stations in the Media Capital of the World have a guy like Mike who hates so much on a team that is about to take over the NFL - that includes all of New York and your Giants, Mikey."

RICHMIANO: "...with Shanahan in the division it's possible the Giants finish last. Their only hope is that Kolb sucks *** and McNabb get hurt and they might have a shot at the playoffs."

RUNLEONRUN: "Yeah the giants are so much better then the jets historically that if the jets won the SB this year they would be 1 SB behind the giants...if norwood doesn't miss the FG the jets could be tied with the giants with 2 SB's after this season."

JOEJETS1: "Speaking of 1050 BT & Joe Mac were at Giants camp today and just as they brought Diehl BT was telling him how he didnt think it was a Blue Football town anymore, jets getting headlines, Hard Knocks etc. Diehl said well they asked us to do Hard Knocks after we won the Super Bowl and said no then BT said well yeah that was 3 years ago. Good to hear some Giant bashing."

TOMMYGREEN: "That's the problem with most Giants fans who are also Yankees fans. They try to equate the two in terms of dominance in the sport/city, and they're not even close. I'm a Yankees fan, and I acknowledge that the team is light years ahead of any other in terms of championship history, and most Mets fans understand that they'll never be on par with them as a franchise.The Giants and Jets are completely different. The Giants aren't even the titans of their own division, let alone the entire league!New York has been a baseball town since the early 1900s, and no one paid any attention to the Giants until the 50s. And even then New York had 3 baseball teams to worry about. The idea that the Giants are so far above the Jets is just stupid."

ROYALTEE: "It will take the METS 50-200 Years to catch the YANKEES,The JETS have a chance to do it in 2-5 years...big Difference."

ABDULSALAM:"the giants suck. they played like a bunch of ******* last year. we beat them last year and we will beat them again this year. F the giants."

Bavaro4Prez
08-10-2010, 08:31 PM
Nothing against you Jack... but I'd like the 3 minutes of my life it took to read that back. :(

Danny1024
08-10-2010, 08:35 PM
Regardless of how bitter some Jet fans can be, its good to see ANY New York teams winning in my opinion. Same thing goes for baseball. I'm a Yankees fan. I don't root for the Mets but I also don't root for them to lose...

Basically what I'm trying to say is, although I don't root for the Jets, I don't mind seeing them win. Competition between the two teams is great but after all is said and done, both are NEW YORK teams and I'd rather see a NEW YORK team win over some other city or state.

Even if Rex Ryan is an arrogant ***** :P

NYG4lifeNYK
08-10-2010, 08:45 PM
Look I'm from NY. I root for NY teams as long as they aren't playing my team. I don't pull for them hard i just would rather see them win than some other team because it's good for NY. I love New York.

The difference here is it's the fans saying these things not the players. It doesn't hurt anyone or affect my teams. I hate Jets fans & Mets fans with a passion. They're ignorant and bitter.

It's like this if they win cool, if they lose I could care less. It doesn't affect me either way.

I'll be honest it's becoming more and more difficult to "root" for the Jets with all the anti Giants from the organization.

KidA
08-10-2010, 11:04 PM
Some of these Jets fans are on another planet.

RUNLEONRUN: "Duh, the Giants are only one Superbowl ahead of the Jets, assuming we win it this year, duh."

Are you ****ing kidding me?

listenup
08-10-2010, 11:20 PM
There are these kinda fans in all fan base.

I mean thats their site & as long they keep that talkon that MBI can careless whats being said.

Redeyejedi
08-10-2010, 11:23 PM
Do Jets fans think the Jets won the Super Bowl last year.They went 9-7 and 2 teams layed down and played dead for them to make the playoffs

NYG200723
08-10-2010, 11:27 PM
haha this one was my favorite

RUNLEONRUN: "Yeah the giants are so much better then the jets historically that if the jets won the SB this year they would be 1 SB behind the giants...if norwood doesn't miss the FG the jets could be tied with the giants with 2 SB's after this season."

thats a lot of "IFS" buddy lol

JoeGiantfan69
08-11-2010, 12:06 AM
Listen, Don't put yourselves with these a-holes. They have ONE championship in their entire history. We have SEVEN!! Sorry Jet fans, they DO count.

Fatso comes to town, and starts saying they are the team to beat...blah, blah, blah....Just because HE says so????? Don't let it get to any of you.

The Jets will ALWAYS be NY's red-headed stepchild when it comes to football.

JoeGiantfan69
08-11-2010, 12:09 AM
Look I'm from NY. I root for NY teams as long as they aren't playing my team. I don't pull for them hard i just would rather see them win than some other team because it's good for NY. I love New York.

*The difference here is it's the fans saying these things not the players. It doesn't hurt anyone or affect my teams. I hate Jets fans & Mets fans with a passion. They're ignorant and bitter.

It's like this if they win cool, if they lose I could care less. It doesn't affect me either way.

I'll be honest it's becoming more and more difficult to "root" for the Jets with all the anti Giants from the organization.

Sorry, I can't root with the Jet fans....Bunch of loser Alkies that they are- just because they are from NY.

Jack Robinson
08-11-2010, 12:19 AM

The jet fanbase is a virtual goldmine of ****sure arrogance (sans comments like "the Giants will do nothing while we win 3 superbowls this decade").

Talk about jumping the gun.

They claim we think we're "above them" yet all you hear in these comments is the dismissal of the Giants as an "elite franchise."

I especially love the comments about how they think we act like the yankees of the NFL and we're not. If the yankees were in the american league, and merged with the National League in '68, then what...the Yankees would only have 7 world series titles?

Far as I know Pitt has been around as long as the Giants and we have 1 more title than they do. And while it may seem paradoxical to make fun of the eagles for "no championships", it's because the superbowl has been around for 45 years now and there's still no lombardi trophy in their hand.

They talk about no one caring about the Giants until the 50s, yet fail to mention that no one cared about the NFL until the 50s--and the Giants playing in that 58 NFL championship game was the catalyst for the NFL beginning to capture national attention.

Anyone who's seen the video on the History of the Giants knows what a huge part this team's influence has had on the NFL as it exists today, in so many ways that go even beyond the 7 championships.

Here's food for thought: if we're not "above the jets," name something besides Joe Namath in their half-century of existence.

Jack Robinson
08-11-2010, 12:26 AM
Ever see a franchise built on just one guy?

Every single time the Jets look good, people ask Namath for his opinion about the team.

In 1998 they interviewed him at halftime of the AFC Championship game, Jets up 10-0 and he's talking about them going all the way instead of waiting until the Jets were actually IN the superbowl.

Last year they make a little run (consisting of teams resting their starters and 3 missed field goals by the opposing kicker), and the press brings Namath out of the woodwork again to make underdog comparison's to his old team.

It's like they all worship this pagan god called Namath and defer to him every time there's a harvest.

RagTime Blue
08-11-2010, 02:25 AM
Jack, did you watch the season premier of, "The Jersey Shore" ?

Just kidding. . .But I'll still root for the Jets if they're not playing my beloved Giants. Those comments are from football fans. . .none of them surprise me, and most seem pretty rational. We were 8-8 last year. . .respect is earned.

I'm a little more disturbed by all the Peyton-worship that goes on around here. Someone started a thread asking if anyone had a jersey from another team, and like five posters stood up and said they had a Colts-Manning jersey. Get some dignity, people!!

Go Blue~!~

Giantz4Life
08-11-2010, 03:24 AM
Jack, I agree with you 100%.

Reading a lot of those comments, it is obvious that Jets fans are an envious bunch, and oozing with ignorance as well (i.e. - we only have 2 SB victories).

Unfortunately for them, they have been the face of mediocrity forever up until 2009. At least the worst NFL teams get bad press, the Jets just got no press. Up until their 2 game "Cinderella" playoff run, they were basically ghosts of the NFL, with the Pats dominating the AFC East the past decade.

MattMeyerBud
08-11-2010, 07:16 AM
For any Giant fan who roots for the Jets when we're not playing, this is for you:

OLLIE: "This is exactly the type of Giants **** facedom that I've always despised... It's the reason I couldn't bring myself to root for them against the Pats in 07... The Giants have and will always be my most hated team..."

NYJUNC: "The Giants have always been looking down at us like they are the Yankees of the NFL when they aren't an elite all time franchise."

PENNING10: "Its such a shame to have one of two stations in the Media Capital of the World have a guy like Mike who hates so much on a team that is about to take over the NFL - that includes all of New York and your Giants, Mikey."

RICHMIANO: "...with Shanahan in the division it's possible the Giants finish last. Their only hope is that Kolb sucks *** and McNabb get hurt and they might have a shot at the playoffs."

JOEJETS1: "Speaking of 1050 BT & Joe Mac were at Giants camp today and just as they brought Diehl BT was telling him how he didnt think it was a Blue Football town anymore, jets getting headlines, Hard Knocks etc. Diehl said well they asked us to do Hard Knocks after we won the Super Bowl and said no then BT said well yeah that was 3 years ago. Good to hear some Giant bashing."

TOMMYGREEN: "That's the problem with most Giants fans who are also Yankees fans. They try to equate the two in terms of dominance in the sport/city, and they're not even close. I'm a Yankees fan, and I acknowledge that the team is light years ahead of any other in terms of championship history, and most Mets fans understand that they'll never be on par with them as a franchise.The Giants and Jets are completely different. The Giants aren't even the titans of their own division, let alone the entire league!New York has been a baseball town since the early 1900s, and no one paid any attention to the Giants until the 50s. And even then New York had 3 baseball teams to worry about. The idea that the Giants are so far above the Jets is just stupid."

ROYALTEE: "It will take the METS 50-200 Years to catch the YANKEES,The JETS have a chance to do it in 2-5 years...big Difference."

ABDULSALAM:"the giants suck. they played like a bunch of ******* last year. we beat them last year and we will beat them again this year. F the giants."

the only way we are elite is when we get compared to the Jets

nothing but what ifs and possibilities from the Jets

they are the little brother team in NY and they just have a hard time dealing with it...

while i agree the distance between the mets n yanks are alot diff than the jets n giants... giants are still the big brothers in the NFL...

they fail to mention League Championships and superbowl losses and thats fine too.. but still let snot compare the fans, organization, or history. They dont have anything on us

WR4Life
08-11-2010, 07:33 AM
Imagine if the Jets and Cowboys played in the Superbowl? </P>

It would be absolutley miserable. </P>

MattMeyerBud
08-11-2010, 07:36 AM
Imagine if the Jets and Cowboys played in the Superbowl? </p>

It would be absolutley miserable. </p>

u can add eagles to that list

jasonbourne
08-11-2010, 08:31 AM
Those arent even real jet fans that wrote that ****.. Real jet fans wouldnt talk like that they know better... I like the one fan up there that was talking about superbowls.. Saying how the jets need to win a superbowl too tie the giants lololololol..................

Joe Morrison
08-11-2010, 08:35 AM

Reading a lot of those comments, it is obvious that Jets fans are an envious bunch, and oozing with ignorance as well (i.e. - we only have 2 SB victories).

Unfortunately for them, they have been the face of mediocrity forever up until 2009. At least the worst NFL teams get bad press, the Jets just got no press. Up until their 2 game "Cinderella" playoff run, they were basically ghosts of the NFL, with the Pats dominating the AFC East the past decade.

</P>

You call yourself a fan, we have 3 Superbowl wins and one loss.</P>

Everyone seems to forget that the Jets got a free pass at the end of the year when they played teams at the end of the sesason who were already locked in.</P>

They did make the best of the opportunity given them but this year will not be a freebie like last year.</P>

If they go and win the AFC East then maybe they will get some respect from other fans, but crowing about one year does not make a contender, it will be proven year after year.</P>

The Giants hit a bump in the road last year but will be battling with the Cowboys for the NFC East, the Skins will be better and the Eagles will tail off.</P>

See who is left standing in December.</P>

MattMeyerBud
08-11-2010, 09:47 AM

</p>

You call yourself a fan, we have 3 Superbowl wins and one loss.</p>

Everyone seems to forget that the Jets got a free pass at the end of the year when they played teams at the end of the sesason who were already locked in.</p>

They did make the best of the opportunity given them but this year will not be a freebie like last year.</p>

If they go and win the AFC East then maybe they will get some respect from other fans, but crowing about one year does not make a contender, it will be proven year after year.</p>

The Giants hit a bump in the road last year but will be battling with the Cowboys for the NFC East, the Skins will be better and the Eagles will tail off.</p>

See who is left standing in December.</p>

na he was qouting them for their ignorance, he wasn't saying that the ginats had two superbowls

dezzzR
08-11-2010, 10:06 AM
Ever see a franchise built on just one guy?

Every single time the Jets look good, people ask Namath for his opinion about the team.

In 1998 they interviewed him at halftime of the AFC Championship game, Jets up 10-0 and he's talking about them going all the way instead of waiting until the Jets were actually IN the superbowl.

Last year they make a little run (consisting of teams resting their starters and 3 missed field goals by the opposing kicker), and the press brings Namath out of the woodwork again to make underdog comparison's to his old team.

It's like they all worship this pagan god called Namath and defer to him every time there's a harvest."joe namath is a drunk"

SweetZombieJesus
08-11-2010, 10:51 AM
We can console ourselves with the knowledge they are losers with one of the worst loser mentalities in the league. They know nothing but failure. Any glimmer of hope is followed by a 747 crashing on top of their heads and then a train wreck at the crash site and then an ebola virus outbreak at the train wreck.

Most of the fans who talk trash are relative noobs. They may not have been around when Bill Belichik was their head coach for 24 hours and then gave a 5-word resignation ("I resign HC NYJ -- BB") and went to a division rival to win 3 Super Bowls in 4 years.

They are genetically linked with Eagle fans as far as their bitter loser mentality with the added dimension of playing in a two-team town.

SweetZombieJesus
08-11-2010, 10:55 AM
They talk about no one caring about the Giants until the 50s, yet fail to mention that no one cared about the NFL until the 50s--and the Giants playing in that 58 NFL championship game was the catalyst for the NFL beginning to capture national attention.

Which lead to the first TV contracts.

Which lead wealthy investors to beg the NFL for expansion franchises to spread NFL football across the country; the NFL turned them down for fear of overexpansion.

Which lead them to start their own league -- the AFL.

Including said Jests.

blueomaha
08-11-2010, 11:01 AM
lets keep it simple...jets and their fans are ungrateful...the NYG could have turned their backs on the jets but chose not to....

MattMeyerBud
08-11-2010, 11:09 AM
We can console ourselves with the knowledge they are losers with one of the worst loser mentalities in the league. They know nothing but failure. Any glimmer of hope is followed by a 747 crashing on top of their heads and then a train wreck at the crash site and then an ebola virus outbreak at the train wreck.

Most of the fans who talk trash are relative noobs. They may not have been around when Bill Belichik was their head coach for 24 hours and then gave a 5-word resignation ("I resign HC NYJ -- BB") and went to a division rival to win 3 Super Bowls in 4 years.

They are genetically linked with Eagle fans as far as their bitter loser mentality with the added dimension of playing in a two-team town.

[:(] I love trash talking

SweetZombieJesus
08-11-2010, 11:39 AM

I should have said "their fans" who do it. Anybody who is really a Jet fan knows it and will always give a sad look, a sigh, and slumped shoulders when you really get into it. Any smack talk from a long-time Jets fan is a thin mask over crushing, heart-breaking disappointment. Any fan who seriously thinks they ever have the upper hand is a noob and you don't have to go far back for crushing disappointment -- take the last game of 2008, at home vs. Dolphins for the AFC East title and a playoff spot, against the QB they threw away to get Favre, and THEY LOSE! That's Jets history, that kind of soul-crushing, ironic defeat, over and over.

G-Men Surg.
08-11-2010, 11:50 AM
I actually think those were funny quotes !</P>

I have an easy solution to their bitterness, change color and team already become BLUE and you will know what I'm talking about ! </P>

G-Men Surg.
08-11-2010, 12:12 PM

The difference here is it's the fans saying these things not the players. It doesn't hurt anyone or affect my teams. I hate Jets fans &amp; Mets fans with a passion. They're ignorant and bitter.

</P>

<FONT color=#608fd6>AFC East: Tim Graham</FONT> (http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post?id=16062) </P>

This kind of crap its all over the media and funny how they minimize the problems of the darling teams and how they blow out of proportion their strenghts . </P>

</P>

MattMeyerBud
08-11-2010, 12:28 PM

I should have said "their fans" who do it. Anybody who is really a Jet fan knows it and will always give a sad look, a sigh, and slumped shoulders when you really get into it. Any smack talk from a long-time Jets fan is a thin mask over crushing, heart-breaking disappointment. Any fan who seriously thinks they ever have the upper hand is a noob and you don't have to go far back for crushing disappointment -- take the last game of 2008, at home vs. Dolphins for the AFC East title and a playoff spot, against the QB they threw away to get Favre, and THEY LOSE! That's Jets history, that kind of soul-crushing, ironic defeat, over and over.

hence why they are the Mets of the NFL

bigblue58
08-12-2010, 01:03 PM
If by "elite franchise" you mean winning a SB so recent that my 9 year old daughter was 7, as opposed to the last and only time that the Jets won it ...when 52 year old me was only 11....then yeah...the Giants are by far THE elite franchise in NY football! It goes by SB wins fellas..... not one run through the playoffs! Thats the problem with the Jets franchise and fan base in a nutshell....constantly raising and lowering the bar to THEIR definition of success! Look...you can't unring a bell, and Rex Ryan is forever on record as having prematurely thrown in the towel last season, before the Jests were mathematically eliminated, so for a moment he doubted his teams ability and "greatness" and he can't take it back no matter how loud he toots his horn now!

JetsOwnNY
08-12-2010, 03:09 PM
It's funny, giants fans like to talk about how classy and how respectful they are, yet they consistently put down other teams and fanbases.....teams that are currently BETTER than them, mind you! This discussion alone proves why giants fans are worse than Boston and Philly fans combined. At least you can have an intelligent conversation with Boston fans.

I can't wait for the pathetic giants to crash and burn this year, and their old fart coach is out of a job. My only question is will they have a season total of 3 wins, 4 wins, or 5 wins? LMAO!

NYGMEN_4LIFE
08-12-2010, 03:13 PM
It's funny, giants fans like to talk about how classy and how respectful they are, yet they consistently put down other teams and fanbases.....teams that are currently BETTER than them, mind you! This discussion alone proves why giants fans are worse than Boston and Philly fans combined. At least you can have an intelligent conversation with Boston fans. I can't wait for the pathetic giants to crash and burn this year, and their old fart coach is out of a job. My only question is will they have a season total of 3 wins, 4 wins, or 5 wins? LMAO!</P>

</P>

HAHAHAHA Jets fans.....Why do we all hate. Isnt NY big enough for both of us? We arent even in the same conference. This rivalry is so stupid.</P>

MattMeyerBud
08-12-2010, 03:23 PM
It's funny, giants fans like to talk about how classy and how respectful they are, yet they consistently put down other teams and fanbases.....teams that are currently BETTER than them, mind you! This discussion alone proves why giants fans are worse than Boston and Philly fans combined. At least you can have an intelligent conversation with Boston fans.

I can't wait for the pathetic giants to crash and burn this year, and their old fart coach is out of a job. My only question is will they have a season total of 3 wins, 4 wins, or 5 wins? LMAO!

stop it...

JEt fans are a half step above Eagles fans... and we're prolly being biased cuz ur ny/nj people too

the real bottom line on the Jets is u guys really walked into two wins at the end of the season. Even your own coach left you for dead, now hes mr. superbowl or bust.

Then you guys decided to go the Cowboys and Redskins way of trying to just get big names? I can't wait. Cromartie was on the decline, Taylor SUCKS, LdT will revive a lil bit but not what he once was, Holmes and Braylon can be nasty, but Braylon is Mr.Dropsies and Holmes will prolly be suspended for pimp slapping a tranny with a blunt in his mouth.

please

Your buying your own hype. And you talk about having an intelligent convo and then ask if we are going to have 3 or 4 wins? You sir, are the typical dumbass Jet fan that I LOOOOVE ****ting on. Im sure you won't return for your crow once you guys choke. I'll be here though no matter what. Would love to see you come back in December

Jack Robinson
08-12-2010, 03:41 PM

Are you really mystified by us putting you down? You ginnie talking brick layers and mail truck delivery boys haven't been able to shut your trap since January.

While the Giants go about their business and work toward winning a superbowl, all the Jets do is foster their loudmouth culture for the press and TALK about how good they are.

You're like a pack of starved wolves jumping into a feeding frenzy. I almost feel sorry for you guys the moment you have to face the ridicule waiting for you when the season ends without a trophy.

I think about that, and then I remember that most people don't have sympathy for idiots who hand over a knife and hold out their throats.

Jack Robinson
08-12-2010, 04:31 PM
This pretty much sums up the Jets culture right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-jdEb5zxL4&p=54F49C76924CBD41&playnext=1&index=18

michaelkhan3
08-12-2010, 04:46 PM

I dont care about any of them and i'll still like the Jets.

Some of those guys are idiots saying that the jets are gonna be only one SB behind the Giants by the end of the season. The r writing their name on the bowl I wouldnt be so fast to do it

jomo
08-12-2010, 04:49 PM
We can console ourselves with the knowledge they are losers with one of the worst loser mentalities in the league.* They know nothing but failure.* Any glimmer of hope is followed by a 747 crashing on top of their heads and then a train wreck at the crash site and then an ebola virus outbreak at the train wreck.

Most of the fans who talk trash are relative noobs.* They may not have been around when Bill Belichik was their head coach for 24 hours and then gave a 5-word resignation ("I resign HC NYJ -- BB") and went to a division rival to win 3 Super Bowls in 4 years.

There are exceptions to every rule!

derekunion28
08-12-2010, 05:38 PM
i have alot of jets fans as friends and there not like that and i met and worked along side FIREMAN ED...some are like fireman ed who isnt even from ny and isnt a ny fireman...butt thats another story

Jack Robinson
08-12-2010, 06:04 PM
i have alot of jets fans as friends and there not like that and i met and worked along side FIREMAN ED...some are like fireman ed who isnt even from ny and isnt a ny fireman...butt thats another story

Eh, I've met a lot of jet fans who ARE like fireman Ed.

Like the ones who rooted against the Giants in '90 and '07 when the opponent was AFC East. Or ridiculed us when they knocked us out of the 88 playoffs.

Even in 2003 when the Jets and Giants made the playoffs, I heard Jet fans talk about how if we met in the superbowl they'd beat us. I mean how long did it take Jet fans to even START to admit that Chad Pennington wasn't very good?

And given the fact that you hear SO MUCH talk such as "we're now number 1, it's jets stadium, Giants suck, we're going all the way, etc etc.,"--wouldn't you say a lot of their fans are more like Fireman Ed than the ones YOUR friends with?

Sure seems like it because all you hear are Jet fans opening their mouth before a single game has been played. Even the radio personalities like Carton and Jody Mac can't help themselves.

Jack Robinson
08-12-2010, 06:08 PM
ps I don't care if Fireman Ed is from NY, NJ or Kansas City. He's an a-hole born and raised no matter where he's from.

derekunion28
08-13-2010, 05:37 PM
i guess i em not around those type of jet fans....... i em around more classy ones that dont sprout off of the mouth

RagTime Blue
08-13-2010, 05:47 PM
ps I don't care if Fireman Ed is from NY, NJ or Kansas City. He's an a-hole born and raised no matter where he's from.

Fireman Ed can suck it. I think he only knows how to spell one word.

YankeesJets
09-20-2010, 09:44 AM
Look at you, Jack!

You're going to criticize me for spending time on a Giants message board? What're you doing trolling around the threads there just to prove a point about the Jets "hating on the Giants".

Now that's pathetic.

Jack Robinson
09-20-2010, 09:49 AM
Look at you, Jack!

You're going to criticize me for spending time on a Giants message board? What're you doing trolling around the threads there just to prove a point about the Jets "hating on the Giants".

Now that's pathetic.

Did I post there? Am I camped out with my Jersey like you are, announcing myself with an obvious screenname?

Nope.

You see, to troll, you actually have to sign up on somebody's board and hang out there until people are dizzy with your pointlessness.

Jack Robinson
09-20-2010, 09:54 AM
And great job bringing a dead thread back, btw. Looks like somebody wants the smack talk to live on so he can keep posting here all day. I'm going to ask the mod to have it locked.

CTLadyBlue
09-20-2010, 09:56 AM

I was just about to comment on that one. That just takes the cake. So.....they have to go back to SB 25 and figure if Norwood makes the FG and if they win it this year, that the Jets are only 1 SB victory behind us.

Is this poster so delusional that he has to not only go back and change history and make assumptions about this year in order to be in a SB trophy race with the Giants???

CTLadyBlue
09-20-2010, 10:00 AM
It's funny, giants fans like to talk about how classy and how respectful they are, yet they consistently put down other teams and fanbases..

Can't speak of the class of the fans, but it's the Giants' organization IMO that has been a Class A act from the day Mr. Mara purchased the Giants for a pittance. You don't see John Mara and Tisch spouting off in the press, trolling the sidelines while they're losing, bragging or boasting, etc.

Face it, fans will be classless with other fans sometimes. They'll talk smack. It's all part of the sport. However, I hold the players, coaches and owners to a higher standard. I don't care for smack talking players, even when they're doing well, because the cards can fall very easily on them.

YankeesJets
09-20-2010, 10:14 AM
It's funny, giants fans like to talk about how classy and how respectful they are, yet they consistently put down other teams and fanbases..

Can't speak of the class of the fans, but it's the Giants' organization IMO that has been a Class A act from the day Mr. Mara purchased the Giants for a pittance. You don't see John Mara and Tisch spouting off in the press, trolling the sidelines while they're losing, bragging or boasting, etc.

Face it, fans will be classless with other fans sometimes. They'll talk smack. It's all part of the sport. However, I hold the players, coaches and owners to a higher standard. I don't care for smack talking players, even when they're doing well, because the cards can fall very easily on them.

This is pretty spot on.

The Giants as an organization has been classy for as long as I can remember. Tom Coughlin and Eli have been class acts, as well throughout this whole "turf war" thing. Justin Tuck was an ***, but he's a meathead, so who cares?

YankeesJets
09-20-2010, 10:16 AM

I was just about to comment on that one. That just takes the cake. So.....they have to go back to SB 25 and figure if Norwood makes the FG and if they win it this year, that the Jets are only 1 SB victory behind us.

Is this poster so delusional that he has to not only go back and change history and make assumptions about this year in order to be in a SB trophy race with the Giants???

Most of the Jets fans in that thread are very rational. You're going to see a-hole Jets fans from time to time, just as I've seen a few a-hole Giants homer fans here who say nothing but "LOLZ the Jets suck, they are nothing LOLZ@!"

I don't paint Giants fans with a wide brush because I know many are reasonable, but some need to be called out for their insecurities.

YankeesJets
09-20-2010, 10:17 AM
And great job bringing a dead thread back, btw. Looks like somebody wants the smack talk to live on so he can keep posting here all day. I'm going to ask the mod to have it locked.

Wait, I thought this was a Smack Talk board! If you can't handle the smack talk that you yourself dished out first, then don't post here.

Big Blue 418
09-20-2010, 10:18 AM
You would think giving their history, Jet fans wouldn't get too ****y after a win in September. Just sayin'

Jack Robinson
09-20-2010, 10:19 AM

Wait, I thought this was a Smack Talk board! If you can't handle the smack talk that you yourself dished out first, then don't post here.

Holy sh'it, you are truly remarkable.

Jack Robinson
09-20-2010, 10:21 AM

Most of the Jets fans in that thread are very rational. You're going to see a-hole Jets fans from time to time, just as I've seen a few a-hole Giants homer fans here who say nothing but "LOLZ the Jets suck, they are nothing LOLZ@!"

I don't paint Giants fans with a wide brush because I know many are reasonable, but some need to be called out for their insecurities.

If you weren't spending more time in the last two weeks here than on your own board, or more time spent talking smack here than to the division rival you actually PLAYED yesterday, this wouldn't make you look as insecure as the people you call out as insecure. We're posting on a board designated for our team. Your not.

YankeesJets
09-20-2010, 10:26 AM

If you weren't spending more time in the last two weeks here than on your own board, or more time spent talking smack here than to the division rival you actually PLAYED yesterday, this wouldn't make you look as insecure as the people you call out as insecure.

You posted a bunch of nonsense in the Smack Board about the Jets. Now that a Jets fan has called you out on it, and challenged you on a number of points you made, you're going to duck and run and call him a troll?

Makes perfect sense actually.

Jack Robinson
09-20-2010, 10:29 AM

If you weren't spending more time in the last two weeks here than on your own board, or more time spent talking smack here than to the division rival you actually PLAYED yesterday, this wouldn't make you look as insecure as the people you call out as insecure.

You posted a bunch of nonsense in the Smack Board about the Jets. Now that a Jets fan has called you out on it, and challenged you on a number of points you made, you're going to duck and run and call him a troll?

Makes perfect sense actually.

WOW.

You really don't mind taking your weak arguments in any direction do you?

Jack Robinson
09-20-2010, 10:46 AM
Okay. Here's the deal, Yankees-Jets. I work from home, but that still means I have this thing called "stuff to do." Maybe you don't; it sure seems like it.

I've already wasted more time than I ever wanted indulging this. If I continue to get sucked into your trolling a Giants board it's going to wind up costing me time and money that's better spent being productive, and the only thing either of us will have to show for it is an argument neither of us will hear.

If you want to waste your time that way, go ahead. At the end of each day you'll be left with nothing more than having made a lot of noise, on top of countless hours you will never get back. Maybe the difference between the two of us is you don't mind doing that--I don't know. So go ahead and have the last word or keep saying the same old things for the sake of getting it out of your system if you want, but I know I'm done with it.

YankeesJets
09-20-2010, 11:27 AM
Okay. Here's the deal, Yankees-Jets. I work from home, but that still means I have this thing called "stuff to do." Maybe you don't; it sure seems like it.

I've already wasted more time than I ever wanted indulging this. If I continue to get sucked into your trolling a Giants board it's going to wind up costing me time and money that's better spent being productive, and the only thing either of us will have to show for it is an argument neither of us will hear.

If you want to waste your time that way, go ahead. At the end of each day you'll be left with nothing more than having made a lot of noise, on top of countless hours you will never get back. Maybe the difference between the two of us is you don't mind doing that--I don't know. So go ahead and have the last word or keep saying the same old things for the sake of getting it out of your system if you want, but I know I'm done with it.

Nothing wrong with that.

Just remember that if you start smack talking against another fan base, don't be surprised if they call you out on it.

That's all.

sec226
09-20-2010, 02:35 PM
who gives a crap about the classless jets organization and fans. the jets fans are trash. hold gate d haltime parties harrassing women. now the players harass the women media reporter. the jets fans burning seats in giants stadium. jets fans=trash

BIGBLUsec329
09-20-2010, 02:46 PM
who gives a crap about the classless jets organization and fans. the jets fans are trash. hold gate d haltime parties harrassing women. now the players harass the women media reporter. the jets fans burning seats in giants stadium. jets fans=trash

hey sec226, to call the jets fans classless, just is stupid. we have some classless fans, too. remember when all the fans were on the front cover of the newspapers throwing the snowballs, some were even NYPD. what about the drunk giant fan that left the game a paralysed(sp) that girl from driving home drunk. all sports teams have classless fans, even us. there is always a few rottens fans.

BlueBlooded1979
09-20-2010, 03:03 PM

hey sec226, to call the jets fans classless, just is stupid. we have some classless fans, too. remember when all the fans were on the front cover of the newspapers throwing the snowballs, some were even NYPD. what about the drunk giant fan that left the game a paralysed(sp) that girl from driving home drunk. all sports teams have classless fans, even us. there is always a few rottens fans.

Come on they have to completely ban alcohol every time there is a momentous occasion for the Jets. They are the only team in the league that has to decide to allow alcohol on a game by game basis.