PDA

View Full Version : Difference? Hakeem Nicks is finally healthy & it shows BIG TIME

NYG4lifeNYK
01-13-2012, 03:36 PM
Nicks shifted into a different gear on that TD run. He just completely separated himself from the pack & ended up 20 yards from within anyone.

Banks said it was like he hit the turbo button [:D]

bigbluegmenfan
01-13-2012, 03:54 PM
Couldnt agree more. He just simply split that secondary and off to the races..wasnt even close in the end,

I think the Packers will focus on not giving up the big play ..more specifically trying to control Nicks/Cruz.

I can see MM and maybe even Ballard having a big game with all the attention focused on 88/80.

I cant remember a Giant team having as many weapons as this one does. Probably because there never has been one.:)

Sunday cant get here soon enough.

Axels15
01-13-2012, 04:00 PM
He's one of the best receivers I've ever seen in the endzone, specifically.

The 78 yarder was great too

G-Man67
01-13-2012, 04:11 PM
i tell ya, that crossing route he took to the house was incredibly impressive ... i expect him to dominate on the back shoulder throws and really anytime it's just 1 v 1, but to just so easily take that to the house ... very impressive

miked1958
01-13-2012, 06:35 PM
Nicks shifted into a different gear on that TD run. He just completely separated himself from the pack & ended up 20 yards from within anyone.

We were saying the same thing when he scored, on how far ahead of the field he was

NY_Eli
01-13-2012, 07:37 PM
I think a bigger difference is how much attention the falcons paid to stopping cruz

NYG4lifeNYK
01-13-2012, 10:15 PM
I think a bigger difference is how much attention the falcons paid to stopping cruz

No doubt it was a collection of factors but you can just tell Hakeem the Dream is healthy & BAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLINNNNNN again!

RoanokeFan
01-13-2012, 10:17 PM

Proving they can't blanket them both...Pick your poison Green Bay

Gimaniac
01-13-2012, 10:25 PM

Exactly. MM would have had 2TDs also, but Eli underthrew.

NYG4lifeNYK
01-13-2012, 10:27 PM

What? When?..

NYgiants141
01-13-2012, 10:30 PM

What? When?..

I thought it was a good throw but good coverage because it was batted down.

Gimaniac
01-13-2012, 10:47 PM

What? When?..

I thought it was a good throw but good coverage because it was batted down.

MM had to slow down and wait for it, he had 3 steps on his man. Eli was p!ssed.

RagTime Blue
01-13-2012, 10:56 PM
Nicks shifted into a different gear on that TD run. He just completely<font size="6"> separated himself from the pack</font> &amp; ended up 20 yards from within anyone.

Just hope he doesn't separate that hamstring from the bone.

NY_Eli
01-13-2012, 10:59 PM

No doubt. Can't remember the giants ever having such a talented receiving corps

RoanokeFan
01-13-2012, 11:16 PM

Part of the changing of the guard from ferocious defense to a more balanced approach. We could make do with a "good, no name" type of offense as the defense was the work horse. Now, we have top flight performers on offense and a very solid defense soon (Sunday) to be formidable and consistent force moving forward.

To have two wide receivers over 1,000 yards for the first time in franchise history is very telling as to the evolution we're witnessing. If the defense and offense can feed off each other there is no reason we can't win on Sunday. The really pleasant surprise has been the improved play of Special Teams, especially Tynes and Weatherford.

It's very possible the team that takes the field on Sunday will surprise us all.

pjam84
01-13-2012, 11:47 PM

Part of the changing of the guard from ferocious defense to a more balanced approach.* We could make do with a "good, no name" type of offense as the defense was the work horse.* Now, we have top flight performers on offense and a very solid defense soon (Sunday) to be formidable and consistent force moving forward.

To have two wide receivers over 1,000 yards for the first time in franchise history is very telling as to the evolution we're witnessing.* If the defense and offense can feed off each other there is no reason we can't win on Sunday.* The really pleasant surprise has been the improved play of Special Teams, especially Tynes and Weatherford.

It's very possible the team that takes the field on Sunday will surprise us all.

weatherford has been such a blessing. and great points all around. it's such an exciting time to be a giants fan. this past decade has been amazing. most teams will never have a decade like we've had. if we can manage to get another super bowl ring, this corps of eli, jacobs, bradshaw, tuck and osi (the coughlin era) will be remembered for a long time. add to the mix nicks, jpp, and cruz and the sky is the limit.

NYG4lifeNYK
01-16-2012, 07:32 PM
Could there be a more fitting BUMP?

miked1958
01-16-2012, 08:18 PM

Dude u called that one right!!!

Nice job

NYG4lifeNYK
01-17-2012, 02:23 AM
Nicks shifted into a different gear on that TD run. He just completely separated himself from the pack &amp; ended up 20 yards from within anyone.

Dude u called that one right!!!

Nice job

I mean this guy is so elite it's crazy... he's easily going to be top 5 some day.. hopefully next season.

Talk about saving your best play for the best possible time.