PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Plans to Extend the Starters to Win the Game

Jack Robinson
08-13-2010, 04:00 PM
From Mike Garafolo:

Ryan said he doesn't want to show his 'good stuff' before the regular season. They'll use a base, vanilla game plan. Ryan did say the starters, who usually play one or two series, might go a bit longer Monday.

"I'd much rather win that preseason game (than lose), but were not going to play the starters into the fourth quarter to get it done," Ryan said. "We may extend them a little bit."

GMENAGAIN
08-13-2010, 04:03 PM
That would be unspeakably stupid.</P>

What would it prove if the Jets1st stringersget the best of our 4th stringers???</P>

I hopewe have a 9th string undrafted rookie FA who breaks Sanchez in half in the 4th quarter . . . . </P>

ngirard85'
08-13-2010, 04:04 PM
man would I love to see his plan back fire and our backups roll right over them

derekunion28
08-13-2010, 04:05 PM
If anyone gets hurt....the media will EATE him alive...

Pakman
08-13-2010, 04:05 PM
lmao.. man thats going to be hilarious

Jack Robinson
08-13-2010, 04:06 PM

What would it prove if the Jets*1st stringers*get the best of our 4th stringers???</P>

I hope*we have a 9th string undrafted rookie FA who breaks Sanchez in half in the 4th quarter . . . . *</P>

Ryan can't be losing preseason games you know. it would look bad on television.

I'm glad the Giants are blocking out all the chatter and are sticking to what they believe is the right thing for the team, but I'm really getting sick of the Jets antics.

Mod_N
08-13-2010, 04:07 PM
Patriots and Saints played their starters a few series into the 2nd quarter, maybe 4 minutes into it. I was shocked they played that long but I'm curious to see what we do Monday, not what the Jets do.

DubFowler
08-13-2010, 04:07 PM
Sorry JR, but the thread title is way misleading compared to the numnuts Rex Ryan quotes. Extending them "a bit" doesn't mean anything concrete. Maybe he "extends" them a whole extra series! Whoa, eh? And obviously he'd rather win than lose, so would TC and the Giants. Just ask Herm, you. play. to. win. the. game. Period!

Keithnyg
08-13-2010, 04:11 PM
Rex Ryan is such a tool!! I don't even hate the jets normally but I wouldn't mind Rex Ryan getting hit by a bus. Problem...Ryan is as big as a bus. It's hard to believe that his mouth is even bigger than his waist! It's ridic

Jack Robinson
08-13-2010, 04:14 PM
Sorry JR, but the thread title is way misleading compared to the numnuts Rex Ryan quotes. Extending them "a bit" doesn't mean anything concrete. Maybe he "extends" them a whole extra series! Whoa, eh? And obviously he'd rather win than lose, so would TC and the Giants. Just ask Herm, you. play. to. win. the. game. Period!

No it's not. Direct quote. He's saying he'll extend them but doesn't plan to leave them in until the fourth quarter. So what does that mean, they play THREE QUARTERS?

Even if they played A HALF that would be ridiculous for the first preseason game where you're trying to evaluate personnel.

He's basically saying that winning the game against the Giants means more to him than what the first preseason game is actually for.

GMENAGAIN
08-13-2010, 04:20 PM

What would it prove if the Jets1st stringersget the best of our 4th stringers???</P>

I hopewe have a 9th string undrafted rookie FA who breaks Sanchez in half in the 4th quarter . . . . </P>

</P>

Actually, I misread the quote . . . thought that he said that he WAS going to play his starters into the 4th quarter . . . my bad.</P>

DubFowler
08-13-2010, 04:21 PM

No it's not. Direct quote. He's saying he'll extend them but doesn't plan to leave them in until the fourth quarter. So what does that mean, they play THREE QUARTERS?

Even if they played A HALF that would be ridiculous for the first preseason game where you're trying to evaluate personnel.

He's basically saying that winning the game against the Giants means more to him that what the first preseason game is actually for.

Exactly, what does it mean? That's my point. Saying he "might" extend them a little bit longer does not mean he "Plans to Leave Starters in to Win the Game". Big difference between might and plan, hence why I feel the thread title is a tad misleading.

The first preseason game might mean a lot more to fat man Rex than it does to other coaches. Personally, I think he's a goof ball but there's no rule that says 'you must play your starters X amount of series in your first preseason game'. To each his own, I guess.

Sundown
08-13-2010, 04:21 PM
Sexy Rexy is setting up his team for disaster this year. There's no way a team w this much hype can stay focused. This should make for sn interesting preseason game!!

Jint Fan 73
08-13-2010, 04:22 PM
Great news...I'm pumped to see how our back ups perform against their first team.

Jack Robinson
08-13-2010, 04:23 PM

He's basically saying that winning the game against the Giants means more to him that what the first preseason game is actually for.

Exactly, what does it mean? That's my point. Saying he "might" extend them a little bit longer does not mean he "Plans to Leave Starters in to Win the Game". Big difference between might and plan, hence why I feel the thread title is a tad misleading.

The first preseason game might mean a lot more to fat man Rex than it does to other coaches. Personally, I think he's a goof ball but there's no rule that says 'you must play your starters X amount of series in your first preseason game'. To each his own, I guess.

Ok, I've changed the title thread from "Leave in" to "Extend"

Happy? Will you stop crying now?

Jack Robinson
08-13-2010, 04:24 PM
Sexy Rexy is setting up his team for disaster this year. There's no way a team w this much hype can stay focused. This should make for sn interesting preseason game!!

That's pretty much what's going to happen.

Mod_N
08-13-2010, 04:27 PM

I think you're reading too much into it. When I read it sounds like he wants to instill an attitude with his team. He's not going to say winning doesn't matter, but we all know he's not going to play his guys into the 4th.

Bavaro4Prez
08-13-2010, 04:28 PM

^This.

There is only direction this team can go this season courtesy of him.... Down.

DubFowler
08-13-2010, 04:32 PM

Never crying man. Glad to see that my opinion about a thread title designed to make people overreact touched you that deep though lol geez buddy

thegreatone
08-13-2010, 04:53 PM
GOOD. will be an excellent way to grade some of our 2nd and 3rd stringers.

sethm
08-13-2010, 04:54 PM
I strongly believe that TC could careless about score in preseason. He wants to see certain players in certain situations. What Rex does is irrelivant to anyone except HBO.

Mod_N
08-13-2010, 05:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2Nmvfc0Q8U&fmt=22

If he's preaching this to his team, how can he go out and say "winning doesn't matter" to a reporter.

jasonbourne
08-13-2010, 05:21 PM
Hahaha the jets.... The ravens are gonna light them up come the opener..I just wish we played them in the regular season this year...

Jack Robinson
08-13-2010, 06:24 PM

Never crying man. Glad to see that my opinion about a thread title designed to make people overreact touched you that deep though lol geez buddy

Wow. I DESIGNED this threat just to make people over-react. Saw right through me, buddy. You are brilliant.

Jack Robinson
08-13-2010, 06:29 PM

I think you're reading too much into it. When I read it sounds like he wants to instill an attitude with his team. He's not going to say winning doesn't matter, but we all know he's not going to play his guys into the 4th.

I don't think there's any reading into it. If you listened to Tuck's interview on Francessa last week, Tuck basically said shame on the team that puts their starters in any longer than one or two series in this game just to try and win it.

In other words, who says he needs to put his players in for the 4th quarter. Rex's strategy will be to try and get a couple of easy touchdowns with his starters on our backups so they've built up a decent lead for the replacements to try and hold by the time they come into the game.

njsean
08-13-2010, 06:36 PM
Seems like an innocuous quote.

Anyone who sees something that warrants indignation in it is simply looking for it.

Who cares even if he did plan to leave them in the whole game? He wants to win the game - more power.

Jack Robinson
08-13-2010, 06:42 PM

Anyone who sees something that warrants indignation in it is simply looking for it.

What part of I'm going to put my starters in for an unusually lengthy period did you miss?

bashful
08-13-2010, 06:44 PM
Ryan is a blowhard!!! Rex isn't that the name of a dog?

Redeyejedi
08-13-2010, 06:51 PM
This doesnt surprise me at all in fact I said on another thread a week ago. The Jets are only giving 1 point. I kind of want to bet the Jets2 but think it might be sac relig . I really believe they are going to play there starters for along time to try to bury us. I know Coughlin will stick to his plan and play the players as he normally does. The upside for the Giants is the 2nd and 3rd stringers will get some action against the starters which will give a better measuring stick on how good they r. The Jets are so fing pompus I cant wait till they go 8-8. I have never seen a team and a coach act like this before I really think they believe they went 14-2 and won the super bowl. This guy has talked himself to the point if they dont win the super bowl he looks like an ***

bashful
08-13-2010, 06:56 PM
He already is an******

Gianthunter
08-13-2010, 07:12 PM
More of the inate insane Jets phobia. JJ has done it for years. Almost has bad as the Soxs jinx of the skankees new digs. Well not quite but almost.

Danny1024
08-13-2010, 07:13 PM
Every comment he makes, I begin to dislike the Jets more and more...

njsean
08-13-2010, 07:14 PM

What part of I'm going to put my starters in for an unusually lengthy period did you miss?

Uh, that part exactly.

Get a grip. He simply said he might extend them a little, probably didn't even mean it and just said it pacify or play the media like he does.

Not that big a deal.

In other news, Rex Ryan took a dump in a disrespectful manner to the Giants. Better start a thread, huh?

Jack Robinson
08-13-2010, 07:19 PM

Uh, that part exactly.

Get a grip. He simply said he might extend them a little, probably didn't even mean it and just said it pacify or play the media like he does.

Not that big a deal.

In other news, Rex Ryan took a dump in a disrespectful manner to the Giants. Better start a thread, huh?

Oh no!! Not a thread on a Rex Ryan quote!!!

You get a grip. And not the grip kind that's usually inside the pocket of your jeans, please.

njsean
08-13-2010, 07:23 PM

Uh, that part exactly.

Not that big a deal.

Oh my God I started a thread on a Rex Ryan quote!!!

You get a grip. And not the grip kind that's usually in the pocket of your jeans, please.

LOL Really? That's your response?

I just figured you were insecure and whiny. Now I actually feel bad.

Sorry, dude.

Jack Robinson
08-13-2010, 07:24 PM

Uh, that part exactly.

Not that big a deal.

You get a grip. And not the grip kind that's usually in the pocket of your jeans, please.

Sorry, dude.

Lame comeback.

Gianthunter
08-13-2010, 07:32 PM

Uh, that part exactly.

Not that big a deal.

Sorry, dude.

Lame comeback.Now that folks is humor. Two shows 7 and 10 allllllllllll week!!!!

jomo
08-13-2010, 07:36 PM
Does he also plan to extend his belt to win his battle with the waistline?

Jack Robinson
08-13-2010, 07:38 PM

Uh, that part exactly.

Not that big a deal.

Sorry, dude.

Lame comeback.Now that folks is humor. Two shows 7 and 10 allllllllllll week!!!!

Crickets.

WR4Life
08-13-2010, 09:52 PM
Not surprising in the least bit. i've been saying it for weeks now that this would happen.

Mod_N
08-13-2010, 10:02 PM

I don't think there's any reading into it. If you listened to Tuck's interview on Francessa last week, Tuck basically said shame on the team that puts their starters in any longer than one or two series in this game just to try and win it.

In other words, who says he needs to put his players in for the 4th quarter. Rex's strategy will be to try and get a couple of easy touchdowns with his starters on our backups so they've built up a decent lead for the replacements to try and hold by the time they come into the game.Like I said before, the Patriots and Saints kept their starters in til at least 5 minutes into the 2nd quarter. It was more than 1 or 2 series. Who cares what they do?

Roosevelt
08-13-2010, 10:11 PM
You have to admit, this is the most highly anticipated Jet/Giant pre season game in a long while. And we have fat boy to thank.

BTW I thought he had lapband surgery. I guess it didn't work.

[;)]

ny06
08-13-2010, 10:33 PM
What will be his explanation to the media if any of his starters gets hurt and misses a good majority of time during the season?</P>

</P>

Jack Robinson
08-13-2010, 10:50 PM

In other words, who says he needs to put his players in for the 4th quarter. Rex's strategy will be to try and get a couple of easy touchdowns with his starters on our backups so they've built up a decent lead for the replacements to try and hold by the time they come into the game.Like I said before, the Patriots and Saints kept their starters in til at least 5 minutes into the 2nd quarter. It was more than 1 or 2 series. Who cares what they do?

You'll recall that big matchup last year where the Saints were looking to legimize themselves to the league by beating the patriots. The Saints won big and you know the patriots had their pride wounded that night.

So even in the case you are citing, its an issue of it meaning more than it should to a team. Egos rather than rationale controlling when the starters left a meaningless game.

Mod_N
08-14-2010, 12:53 AM

You'll recall that big matchup last year where the Saints were looking to legimize themselves to the league by beating the patriots. The Saints won big and you know the patriots had their pride wounded that night.

So even in the case you are citing, its an issue of it meaning more than it should to a team. Egos rather than rationale controlling when the starters left a meaningless game.We just have two different views of what's happening, it happens. I see two (or three) of the best coaches in the league in the league playing their starters for the complete first quarter. Is it a coincidence because they have a "recent history" or are they the best coaches because of what they do?

Jack Robinson
08-14-2010, 12:55 AM

So even in the case you are citing, its an issue of it meaning more than it should to a team. Egos rather than rationale controlling when the starters left a meaningless game.We just have two different views of what's happening, it happens. I see two (or three) of the best coaches in the league in the league playing their starters for the complete first quarter. Is it a coincidence because they have a "recent history" or are they the best coaches because of what they do?

You yourself said you were shocked they had the starters in for that long. If it shocked you then it wasn't a coincidence.

jomo
08-14-2010, 10:32 AM
Unchecked bravado like this will ultimately hurt his team because more first line players will be exposed to injury than would otherwise be necessary. Pre-season games, especially the first 2 should be mostly about sorting out the backups and rookies. Great franchises and coaches understand that winning traditions are established by winning Super Bowls not pre-season games.

Roosevelt
08-14-2010, 10:38 AM
Parcells always wanted to win pre-season games. I seem to recall him bringing back in some better players towards the end in order to ensure a victory.

Can anyone corroborate this?

jomo
08-14-2010, 10:39 AM
Parcells always wanted to win pre-season games.* I seem to recall him bringing back in some better players towards the end in order to ensure a victory.

I think you are right Rosey. My dislike for anything green may be taking control of me. lol

Jack Robinson
08-14-2010, 10:48 AM
Parcells always wanted to win pre-season games.* I seem to recall him bringing back in some better players towards the end in order to ensure a victory.

Anything's possible. I remember us always having a winning record in preseason under parcells. Usually finished every camp something like 3-1, and I believe we were 5-0 in 85, and 4-0 in 1990.

From Ray Handley on, the Giants have consistently had a .500 or below preseason record.

Even in superbowl years 2000 and 2007 our preseason record was 0-4 and 1-3.

15 or so years ago we were about 5 or 6 games ahead of the jets in the all time preseason series. They're now up by about 4 games.

BleedNYblue
08-14-2010, 11:02 AM
Rex Ryan is such a tool!! I don't even hate the jets normally but I wouldn't mind Rex Ryan getting hit by a bus. Problem...Ryan is as big as a bus. It's hard to believe that his mouth is even bigger than his waist! It's ridic</P>

The apple does not fall far from the tree. Look at his dad.</P>

G-I-A-N-T-S
08-15-2010, 12:50 AM
For all the talk about Rexs weight and mouth and blah blah blah nobody seems to be mentioning that we'll probably get schooled on national TV Monday night because we do not stack up well against them at all.

It may only be a preseason game but they're playing for pride and lols, I have a feeling we're going to come out of this one hurting.

midnite_nj
08-15-2010, 02:32 AM
The NFL should have set us both up with a regular season game week 1 against each other. (New stadium and all) Since that didnt happen im sure every player from Eli down to any third stringer will play with as much passion and fire then any player on the jets. That being said its week 1 of pre season. Strictly about leaving the field with a nice evaluation and healthy players. A win would be nice but cmon people.............ITS PRE SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!

NYGMEN_4LIFE
08-15-2010, 02:45 AM
For all the talk about Rexs weight and mouth and blah blah blah nobody seems to be mentioning that we'll probably get schooled on national TV Monday night because we do not stack up well against them at all.

It may only be a preseason game but they're playing for pride and lols, I have a feeling we're going to come out of this one hurting.

Here we go...someone play the charlie brown music....its a preseason game! cheer up *******!

NWKEffectElement
08-15-2010, 04:31 AM

Drink bleach you freaking troll.

nygsb42champs
08-15-2010, 09:37 AM
Nothing that moron does surprises me.

bigblue5611
08-15-2010, 09:03 PM
ya know what tho.....remember that ravens preseason game before the SB run?...it was a bit underplayed but heard rumblings that both teams wanted to go "mano a mano"(hope i phrased that right..)even though it was only preseason.....giants went toe to toe with ravens all night long...set the tone for the season(um, eventually...)

hammersavage
08-15-2010, 09:06 PM
you play to win the game.

Chaosist
08-15-2010, 09:25 PM
</P>

Not in the preseason, Herm.</P>

You play to evaluate the talent level of your reserve and fringe players in a live game, while also allowing for your starters to shake off some of the rust. That's the preseason.</P>

You play to win games that count.</P>

rbongiants65
08-15-2010, 09:27 PM
dont care, dont get it, dont know what he's thinking he'll prove, doesnt matter, see you in january or wont see you at all !!

chongjing
08-16-2010, 12:27 AM
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CADMINI%7E1%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5 Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<w:WordDocument>
<w:View>Normal</w:View>
<w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom>
<w:PunctuationKerning/>
<w:DrawingGridVerticalSpacing>7.8 ?</w:DrawingGridVerticalSpacing>
<w:DisplayHorizontalDrawingGridEvery>0</w:DisplayHorizontalDrawingGridEvery>
<w:DisplayVerticalDrawingGridEvery>2</w:DisplayVerticalDrawingGridEvery>
<w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/>
<w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>
<w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent>
<w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>
<w:Compatibility>
<w:SpaceForUL/>
<w:BalanceSingleByteDoubleByteWidth/>
<w:DoNotLeaveBackslashAlone/>
<w:ULTrailSpace/>
<w:DoNotExpandShiftReturn/>
<w:AdjustLineHeightInTable/>
<w:BreakWrappedTables/>
<w:SnapToGridInCell/>
<w:WrapTextWithPunct/>
<w:UseAsianBreakRules/>
<w:DontGrowAutofit/>
<w:UseFELayout/>
</w:Compatibility>
<w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel>
</w:WordDocument>
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156">
</w:LatentStyles>
</xml><![endif]--><style>
<!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
{font-family:??;
panose-1:2 1 6 0 3 1 1 1 1 1;
mso-font-alt:SimSun;
mso-font-charset:134;
mso-generic-font-family:auto;
mso-font-pitch:variable;
mso-font-signature:3 135135232 16 0 262145 0;}
@font-face
{font-family:"\@??";
panose-1:2 1 6 0 3 1 1 1 1 1;
mso-font-charset:134;
mso-generic-font-family:auto;
mso-font-pitch:variable;
mso-font-signature:3 135135232 16 0 262145 0;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
{mso-style-parent:"";
margin:0cm;
margin-bottom:.0001pt;
text-align:justify;
text-justify:inter-ideograph;
mso-pagination:none;
font-size:10.5pt;
mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman";
mso-fareast-font-family:??;
mso-font-kerning:1.0pt;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
{color:blue;
text-decoration:underline;
text-underline:single;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
{color:purple;
text-decoration:underline;
text-underline:single;}
/* Page Definitions */
@page
{mso-page-border-surround-header:no;
mso-page-border-surround-footer:no;}
@page Section1
{size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt;
mso-header-margin:36.0pt;
mso-footer-margin:36.0pt;
mso-paper-source:0;}
div.Section1
{page:Section1;}
-->
</style><!--[if gte mso 10]>
<style>
/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:????;
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin:0cm;
mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman";
mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";
mso-ansi-language:#0400;
mso-fareast-language:#0400;
mso-bidi-language:#0400;}
</style>
<![endif]-->

<p class="MsoNormal"><a name="OLE_LINK24"></a><a name="OLE_LINK9"></a><a name="OLE_LINK5"></a><a name="OLE_LINK41"></a><a name="OLE_LINK40"></a><a name="OLE_LINK43"></a><a name="OLE_LINK39"></a><a name="OLE_LINK37"></a><a name="OLE_LINK35"></a><a name="OLE_LINK34"></a><a name="OLE_LINK30"></a><a name="OLE_LINK29"></a><a name="OLE_LINK28"></a><a name="OLE_LINK36"><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""><span lang="EN-US">Hi, everyone ,I purchased a
jersey online yesterday. I ts ready good </span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></a><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""><span lang="EN-US">.I promise authentic quality
consider service and cheaper price than official online shop. just log in </span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""><span lang="EN-US">www.jersey-boys.com</span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span> (http://www.jersey-boys.com/)<span style=""></span><span style=""></span><span style=""></span><span style=""></span><span style=""></span><span style=""></span><span style=""></span><span style=""></span><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""><span style=""></span></span></span></span></span></p>

hammersavage
08-16-2010, 12:52 AM
</p>

Not in the preseason, Herm.</p>

You play to evaluate the talent level of your reserve and fringe players in a live game, while also allowing for your starters to shake off some of the rust. That's the preseason.</p>

You play to win games that count.</p>

i was more mocking him and Herm than anything.

NYJET624
08-16-2010, 01:57 AM
Hey, Jets fan here, I made this same post in another thread but I think that it applies here too.

I was just looking through this thread and had to sign up just to let
you guys know that Rex does not plan on playing starters to win the
game.

He specifically said in his press conference that it
doesn't mean much if he wins or loses a preseason game, he said that
sure he prefers to win but he would never jeopardize players to do that.

I
think someone misinterpreted him making a joke during a press
conference where he sarcastically said "I'm going to play my 1st
stringers the whole game so we can win" as a joke when asked a
pointless question. Rex likes to make a couple jokes during his press
conferences because that is his personality, but as an NFL coach he
would never really do something as stupid as playing starters longer to
win a meaningless game.

He was quoted saying that all he wants to do is evaluate players, like any other coach.

Anyways,
I think the Giants vs Jets rivalry is vastly overrated so now that
that's hopefully cleared up here's to a good game with no injuries for
either side.

Chaosist
08-16-2010, 02:42 AM
Hey, Jets fan here, I made this same post in another thread but I think that it applies here too.

I was just looking through this thread and had to sign up just to let you guys know that Rex does not plan on playing starters to win the game.

He specifically said in his press conference that it doesn't mean much if he wins or loses a preseason game, he said that sure he prefers to win but he would never jeopardize players to do that.

I think someone misinterpreted him making a joke during a press conference where he sarcastically said "I'm going to play my 1st stringers the whole game so we can win" as a joke when asked a pointless question. Rex likes to make a couple jokes during his press conferences because that is his personality, but as an NFL coach he would never really do something as stupid as playing starters longer to win a meaningless game.

He was quoted saying that all he wants to do is evaluate players, like any other coach.

Anyways, I think the Giants vs Jets rivalry is vastly overrated so now that that's hopefully cleared up here's to a good game with no injuries for either side.

</P>

I still have my over-under at 3 series that the Jets keep their starters in after we pull ours. Hell, you guys did it last year, too. I think it was 2 series for each your offense and defense. I reallythink Woody is putting pressure on Rex to win this game, because it means way more to him than it does us. Hell, that's why he's having his little Ring of Honor ceremony at halftime.</P>

rEaS
08-16-2010, 07:28 AM
i still dont get what the stupid ring of honor ceremony even means.. geez what a messed up team the jets are..

njsean
08-16-2010, 10:38 AM
i still dont get what the stupid ring of honor ceremony even means.. geez what a messed up team the jets are..

It's not very complicated. They're having a CEREMONY that celebrates a RING of names around the stadium of players throughout the Jets history that they HONOR.

Not a big deal. It's only a slight against the Giants if you want to view it as one, and I don't know why a person would.

Jack Robinson
08-16-2010, 10:55 AM

I was just looking through this thread and had to sign up just to let
you guys know that Rex does not plan on playing starters to win the
game.

He specifically said in his press conference that it
doesn't mean much if he wins or loses a preseason game, he said that
sure he prefers to win but he would never jeopardize players to do that.

I
think someone misinterpreted him making a joke during a press
conference where he sarcastically said "I'm going to play my 1st
stringers the whole game so we can win" as a joke when asked a
pointless question.* Rex likes to make a couple jokes during his press
conferences because that is his personality, but as an NFL coach he
would never really do something as stupid as playing starters longer to
win a meaningless game.*

Anyways,
I think the Giants vs Jets rivalry is vastly overrated so now that
that's hopefully cleared up here's to a good game with no injuries for
either side.*

The quote wasn't from a joke. It was from Garafolo who covers the Giants, and he's not prone to misquoting.

Coughlin wants his starters in for 15-18 plays. Rex talked about extending them a bit--while this does not mean he'll play them into the fourth quarter, it seems to indicate the he wants "free points" so to speak against the giants second or third string players. All I know is your coach is an arrogant moron who I wouldn't put anything past, but we'll see.

And yes, I agree this "rivalry" is overrated--it's just a shame that your team, with all their mouthing off, is the reason behind it.

Jack Robinson
08-16-2010, 10:58 AM

It's not very complicated. They're having a CEREMONY that celebrates a RING of names around the stadium of players throughout the Jets history that they HONOR.

Not a big deal. It's only a slight against the Giants if you want to view it as one, and I don't know why a person would.

Because this should be a ceremony for the regular season opener, not in front of the Giants playing their first game in their own home. Hard to fathom how you don't get why this bothers many fans as lacking grace and a sign of disrespect, simply because it doesn't bother you.

MrDenmark
08-16-2010, 11:08 AM
Who cares what Rex does. Who cares who wins. I'm looking forward to seeing

1. Osi smacking someone to the ground.
2. Green Day.

The rest is just colors moving on the screen, pretty much. Damn, the preseason is boring!

juice33s
08-16-2010, 11:10 AM

Because this should be a ceremony for the regular season opener, not in front of the Giants playing their first game in their own home. Hard to fathom how you don't get why this bothers many fans as lacking grace and a sign of disrespect, simply because it doesn't bother you.
If anything its disrespectful to the jet players being honored.
A.) its a preseason game and the stadium will most likely be half empty by halftime.
B.) Half those fans will probably be Giant Fans booing

Who ever came up with this idea should be fired. Doesn't make a hole lot more sense to do the ring of honor ceremony in the regular season opener?....To me its a no brainer

Jack Robinson
08-16-2010, 11:20 AM

If anything its disrespectful to the jet players being honored.
A.) its a preseason game and the stadium will most likely be half empty by halftime.
B.) Half those fans will probably be Giant Fans booing

Who ever came up with this idea should be fired. Doesn't make a hole lot more sense to do the ring of honor ceremony in the* regular season opener?....To me its a no brainer

Right, but your argument only makes their decision to honor past jets look even more dubious.

Yes, they should honor their players on national television in front of an actual crowd. Instead it looks like an attempt to make a game that's about both teams look more about the Jets.

However, you may also be wrong about the turnout. It's the first game at the new stadium and entirely possible that the stadium will be packed--especially given the fact that jet fans have completely bought into the hype.

Tony Bruno
08-16-2010, 03:10 PM
If anyone gets hurt....the media will EATE him alive...

My thought exactly... Hey better them than us!!!

Chaosist
08-16-2010, 03:14 PM
If anyone gets hurt....the media will EATE him alive... My thought exactly... Hey better them than us!!!</P>

The only bad thing about that...</P>

Rex is so fat that it'll take a very long time to finish the job.</P>

Chaosist
08-16-2010, 03:19 PM
It's not very complicated. They're having a CEREMONY that celebrates a RING of names around the stadium of players throughout the Jets history that they HONOR. Not a big deal. It's only a slight against the Giants if you want to view it as one, and I don't know why a person would.</P>

Yeah... Sure, this wasn't a calculated move by WOODY JOHNSON, who preached how the stadium needs to be completely NEUTRAL, to try to show up the Giants. Just because it doesn't bother you, doesn't mean that it wasn't intended as a slap in the face against the Giants organization, which it was...</P>

Let's face the facts: Woody Johnson acts like an petulant little girl. </P>

JPizzack
08-16-2010, 03:24 PM
I'm sure it's been said already, but i REALLY hopes this bites Rex in the ***, and they end up somehow crippling themselves with some injuries. awful to say...but the guy is just a Grade-A scumbag

JPizzack
08-16-2010, 03:34 PM
BTW, does anyone else take this as Rex Ryan saying "My team can only beat the Giants if we play our starters against their backups" ?
Please remember that last year when the Colts pulled their starters he was quoted as saying "Well we beat them didnt we? I dont care if they were backups, they were wearing Colts jerseys."
Not an exact quote..but close as I can get to one by memory only hehe.

Jack Robinson
08-16-2010, 03:45 PM
It's not very complicated. They're having a CEREMONY that celebrates a RING of names around the stadium of players throughout the Jets history that they HONOR. Not a big deal. It's only a slight against the Giants if you want to view it as one, and I don't know why a person would.</P>

Yeah... Sure, this wasn't a calculated move by WOODY JOHNSON, who preached how the stadium needs to be completely NEUTRAL, to try to show up the Giants. Just because it doesn't bother you, doesn't mean that it wasn't intended as a slap in the face against the Giants organization, which it was...</P>

Let's face the facts: Woody Johnson acts like an petulant little girl. *</P>

Exactamundo.

njsean
08-16-2010, 03:48 PM

Or, you know, it wasn't.

I'm not sensitive, nor do I read into actions, looking for something to get upset over.

They are going to have a ceremony for the first game played in their new stadium. It's as much their's as it is ours, and I wouldn't assume if we held our Ring of Honor ceremony, it would be to disrespect them, so why assume that's their motivation?

Yes, I could examine how Woody has felt the need to show that the Jets are equal partners in the stadium as evidence that this is some conspiracy, but why bother? What does it accomplish?

It's meaningless. I'm sure Mara isn't shaking his fist and going, "Why, that Johnson - trying to steal the thunder from our meaningless preseason game!" They're going to have a nice ceremony and the Giants get to be there to celebrate it with them. Sounds nice.

njsean
08-16-2010, 04:04 PM

Exactamundo.

Don't be so myopic.

What you see as a sign of disrespect, I see as a sign of wanting respect.

It's not anti-Giants as it's pro-Jets. And one doesn't have to look at it as though one is gained as the expense of the other. After decades of playing in the shadows of Giants stadium, they have a new start in a new stadium, and want to make sure to create a perception that this one is very much their home too.

In order to erase past perception, they have to overcompensate a bit.

If you have problems with the Jets being seen as equal partners, take it up with Mara and Tisch. If you're worried that people are going to somehow view this new stadium as "Jets Stadium" - Relax, not going to happen, and if it was, it's going to take a lot more than a Ring of Honor ceremony to create that idea.

Jack Robinson
08-16-2010, 04:10 PM

Or, you know, it wasn't.

I'm not sensitive, nor do I read into actions, looking for something to get upset over.

They are going to have a ceremony for the first game played in their new stadium. It's as much their's as it is ours, and I wouldn't assume if we held our Ring of Honor ceremony, it would be to disrespect them, so why assume that's their motivation?

Yes, I could examine how Woody has felt the need to show that the Jets are equal partners in the stadium as evidence that this is some conspiracy, but why bother? What does it accomplish?

It's meaningless. I'm sure Mara isn't shaking his fist and going, "Why, that Johnson - trying to steal the thunder from our meaningless preseason game!" They're going to have a nice ceremony and the Giants get to be there to celebrate it with them. Sounds nice.

Or, you know, YOU could be reading into actions.

Like reading into our re-actions to what's in bad taste and saying people are just looking for reasons when a million reasons are already there.

Or using mock comments that Mara would obviously never have said.

Of course Mara's not shaking his fist. No one in the organization is going to say anything, least of all Mara. Why would they? If you feel something is done in bad taste, you're either going to say something or keep it to yourself. Either way the facts don't change the underlying evidence for motive.

Morehead State
08-16-2010, 04:10 PM
I don't get all the hate for Rex by Giants fans. I think the guy is great. Its nice to see the HC of the Jets make some headlines. He's interesting, and thats good for football.

Jack Robinson
08-16-2010, 04:19 PM

Exactamundo.

Don't be so myopic.

It's not anti-Giants as it's pro-Jets. And one doesn't have to look at it as though one is gained as the expense of the other. After decades of playing in the shadows of Giants stadium, they have a new start in a new stadium, and want to make sure to create a perception that this one is very much their home too.

If you have problems with the Jets being seen as equal partners, take it up with Mara and Tisch. If you're worried that people are going to somehow view this new stadium as "Jets Stadium" - Relax, not going to happen, and if it was, it's going to take a lot more than a Ring of Honor ceremony to create that idea.

MYOPIC! Oh you're so smart!

If I've got this straight, you see it one way, I see it another, but your perception of it happens to be correct, thus it's fact and the decision is therefore meaningless.

I've detailed why this looks bad. You just keep saying the word meaningless.

So...in order to erase past perception, it's best to make statements like its our stadium, our town, gripe over not being there for coin tosses, demand neutrality, get any kind of exposure possible, etc etc.

How about this for establishing that it's your home too--shut up, don't piss people off, stay classy, and win games.

njsean
08-16-2010, 04:29 PM

Exactamundo.

Don't be so myopic.

If I've got this straight, you see it one way, I see it another, but your perception of it happens to be correct, thus it's fact and the decision is therefore meaningless.

So...in order to erase past perception, make statements like its our stadium, our town, gripe over not being there for coin tosses, demand neutrality, get any kind of exposure possible, etc etc.

How about this for establishing that it's your home too--shut up, don't piss people off, stay classy, and win games.

It's not a matter of my perception being the "right" one - it's simply an alternative to not getting bent out of shape or feeling disrespected. But I don't know..Maybe you like feeling that way. If so, more power. Maybe this is the best way you can vent some sort of pent up hostility - I don't presume to know.

I don't know how you effect change, but shutting up generally doesn't do it. It pretty much perpetuates the status quo. And, see, the thing is - it IS their stadium, it IS their town, and the fact they have to remind people of it is something to feel sorry for - or laugh at, depending on one's disposition - not get upset over.

EDIT: What actually annoys me is that Giants players have become so insecure that they actually have been saying the same thing in defense, and it just sounds desperate.

njsean
08-16-2010, 04:34 PM
I don't get all the hate for Rex by Giants fans.* I think the guy is great.* Its nice to see the HC of the Jets make some headlines.* He's interesting, and thats good for football.

He's also pretty hilarious on Hard Knocks.

One episode has been better than entire past seasons so far.

byron
08-16-2010, 04:36 PM
I don't get all the hate for Rex by Giants fans. I think the guy is great. Its nice to see the HC of the Jets make some headlines. He's interesting, and thats good for football. </P>

I really disliked his father and I try not to let that carry over...but I don't like boasting eather... he needs to tone down..for me anyway...</P>

Jack Robinson
08-16-2010, 04:58 PM

Exactamundo.

Don't be so myopic.

So...in order to erase past perception, make statements like its our stadium, our town, gripe over not being there for coin tosses, demand neutrality, get any kind of exposure possible, etc etc.

It's not a matter of my perception being the "right" one - it's simply an alternative to not getting bent out of shape or feeling disrespected. But I don't know..Maybe you like feeling that way. If so, more power. Maybe this is the best way you can vent some sort of pent up hostility - I don't presume to know.

I don't know how you effect change, but shutting up generally doesn't do it. It pretty much perpetuates the status quo. And, see, the thing is - it IS their stadium, it IS their town, and the fact they have to remind people of it is something to feel sorry for - or laugh at, depending on one's disposition - not get upset over.

EDIT: What actually annoys me is that Giants players have become so insecure that they actually have been saying the same thing in defense, and it just sounds desperate.

First off, save the witless condescention for someone who actually takes you seriously, because I certainly don't.

Second, it's borderline amusing how in one sentence you say shutting up doesn't get you respect, and then in the next breath talk about how pathetic the Giants are for NOT shutting up. Or maybe contradictions don't matter to you and this is perpetuated of out some deep seeded need to be right--cuz hey, I don't presume to know...

You cook up every excuse in the book for the Jets, and even go so far as calling it a figment of Giants fans paranoia, but if the Giants take any lesser action that resembles this, they're worthy of scorn. Are you even a Giants fan?

EDIT: This is me giving you the finger.

nyg666
08-16-2010, 04:59 PM
That would be very poor coaching if he did that....

njsean
08-16-2010, 05:54 PM

Exactamundo.

Don't be so myopic.

First off, save the witless condescention for someone who actually takes you seriously, because I don't.

Second, it's borderline amusing how in one sentence you say shutting up doesn't get you respect, and then in the next breath talk about how pathetic the Giants are for NOT shutting up. Or maybe contradictions don't matter to you and this is perpetuated of out some deep seeded need to be right--cuz hey, I don't presume to know...

You cook up every excuse in the book for the Jets, and even go so far as calling it a figment of Giants fans paranoia, but if the Giants take any lesser action that resembles this, they're worthy of scorn. Are you even a Giants fan?

The Giants have nothing to prove - that's why they should have nothing to say. It's disappointing when I see players acting like they do.

The Jets feel they do, and I agree with them. They do. I don't begrudge them for it, nor do I take offense to it.

Take this disagreement for example. I don't take offense to the nonsense you put forth, and I understand there are probably personal reasons you feel the need to, but I would be disappointed if I embarrassed myself by actually saying something like, "This is me giving you the finger." It's all about higher standards, you understand.

As far as me being fan, there's no question. And I don't want to shatter your delusions of grandeur, but supporting the Giants and disagreeing with you are not mutually exclusive actions.

Jack Robinson
08-16-2010, 08:18 PM

Exactamundo.

Don't be so myopic.

First off, save the witless condescention for someone who actually takes you seriously, because I don't.

The Giants have nothing to prove - that's why they should have nothing to say. It's disappointing when I see players acting like they do.

The Jets feel they do, and I agree with them. They do. I don't begrudge them for it, nor do I take offense to it.

Take this disagreement for example. I don't take offense to the nonsense you put forth, and I understand there are probably personal reasons you feel the need to, but I would be disappointed if I embarrassed myself by actually saying something like, "This is me giving you the finger." It's all about higher standards, you understand.

As far as me being fan, there's no question. And I don't want to shatter your delusions of grandeur, but supporting the Giants and disagreeing with you are not mutually exclusive actions.

The Giants have everything to prove and the players have publicly stated this themselves. The defense surrendered the most points since 1966 and closed the stadium in the most embarrassing way fashionable.

Delusions of grandeur--an individual with an erroneous belief that is held in the face of evidence to the contrary--that would be you thinking the Giants have nothing to prove after surrendering over 400 points.

There are, however, some good examples of those in this world who really DON'T have anything to prove.

You, for example.

You see, it's certain that you are literally too stupid to insult. Therefore you have nothing to prove.

Oh, and trying to play wannabe psychologist to try and get a rise out of me. It doesn't work. Try some other fallback next time you get blown out of the water.

Jack Robinson
08-17-2010, 12:38 AM
So, it turns out the jets played their starters for an entire half--roughly two series where their first team was playing our second team.

Preseason means absolutely nothing. But I'm still happy to say:

DIFFERENT STADIUM, SAME TRADITION.

EFF YOU JETS.

dkyc205
08-17-2010, 12:54 AM
I don't get all the hate for Rex by Giants fans.* I think the guy is great.* Its nice to see the HC of the Jets make some headlines.* He's interesting, and thats good for football.
+1...i guess people are actually buying the dump that the media is trying to sell.

Jack Robinson
08-17-2010, 01:05 PM
+1...i guess people are actually buying the dump that the media is trying to sell.

They're selling it pretty hard my man.

I loved Newsdays 4 page spread on the Jets titled: Jets finally feel they have a home. And then a blurb and a half about the first win in the stadium belonging to the Giants. lol.

lawrenceS59
08-17-2010, 01:21 PM
So, it turns out the jets played their starters for an entire half--roughly two series where their first team was playing our second team.

Preseason means absolutely nothing. But I'm still happy to say:

DIFFERENT STADIUM, SAME TRADITION.

EFF YOU JETS.

I love it. JPP gets a sack on the Jets first team. Linval Joseph stuffed the run...Dillard played pretty damn well (minus that time he had to man up Woodhead). Second team didn't do that bad. Though, the second team seconday got abused by Santonio Holmes(do they even count as a second team?).

Mod_N
08-27-2010, 12:18 AM

So even in the case you are citing, its an issue of it meaning more than it should to a team. Egos rather than rationale controlling when the starters left a meaningless game.We just have two different views of what's happening, it happens. I see two (or three) of the best coaches in the league in the league playing their starters for the complete first quarter. Is it a coincidence because they have a "recent history" or are they the best coaches because of what they do?Coach B has Tom Brady playing into the 4th quarter.... probably just to stick it to the Rams for that whole SpyGate thing, no?

Jack Robinson
08-27-2010, 09:15 AM

So even in the case you are citing, its an issue of it meaning more than it should to a team. Egos rather than rationale controlling when the starters left a meaningless game.We just have two different views of what's happening, it happens. I see two (or three) of the best coaches in the league in the league playing their starters for the complete first quarter. Is it a coincidence because they have a "recent history" or are they the best coaches because of what they do?Coach B has Tom Brady playing into the 4th quarter.... probably just to stick it to the Rams for that whole SpyGate thing, no?

Mod N, this is game you're talking about was the THIRD preseason game, not the first. Makes absolutely no sense to bring back this thread 2 games later and make that statement.

Also, if you read Spags quotes, he said he wanted to see how Bradford handled the pressure of a close game. And why not play brady throught the fourth? He won't play again till the opener.

njsean
08-27-2010, 09:59 AM

Exactamundo.

Don't be so myopic.

The Giants have everything to prove and the players have publicly stated this themselves. The defense surrendered the most points since 1966 and closed the stadium in the most embarrassing way fashionable.

Delusions of grandeur--an individual with an erroneous belief that is held in the face of evidence to the contrary--that would be you thinking the Giants have nothing to prove after surrendering over 400 points.

There are, however, some good examples of those in this world who really DON'T have anything to prove.

You, for example.

You see, it's certain that you are literally too stupid to insult. Therefore you have nothing to prove.

Oh, and trying to play wannabe psychologist to try and get a rise out of me. It doesn't work. Try some other fallback next time you get blown out of the water.

Weird, I thought we were talking about the esteem each team is held in by the city of New York and how the Giants have certainly established themselves as the main franchise supported in the city - One miserable end to the season isn't going to change that.

It's the Jets who need the recognition, who want to come out of the shadows, so they are the ones with something to prove in this regard - How is this hard to understand, or do you typically redirect conversations to fill a need to seem as if you're right?

Maybe that's unfair. Maybe you were just confused. If not, I'll be patient watching you spin it again.

I typically try to ignore the less productive parts of your posts, but why do you assume people try to get arise out of you? Is that what you do? Why do you think that is?

Jack Robinson
08-27-2010, 06:31 PM

Exactamundo.

Don't be so myopic.

You, for example.

Weird, I thought we were talking about the esteem each team is held in by the city of New York and how the Giants have certainly established themselves as the main franchise supported in the city - One miserable end to the season isn't going to change that.

It's the Jets who need the recognition, who want to come out of the shadows, so they are the ones with something to prove in this regard - How is this hard to understand, or do you typically redirect conversations to fill a need to seem as if you're right?

Maybe that's unfair. Maybe you were just confused. If not, I'll be patient watching you spin it again.

I typically try to ignore the less productive parts of your posts, but why do you assume people try to get arise out of you? Is that what you do? Why do you think that is?

Aw, you're still trying?

That's so cute.

Desperate, but cute.

njsean
08-28-2010, 12:46 AM
Huh?

Trying what?

All I've been trying is understand your point. Because it seems that you have antipathetic feelings towards the Jets just because they wanna make some noise in order to get noticed after years of being ignored.

And why you strangely support when the Giants do it because you feel they actually NEED to be remembered just because they struggled last season after years of getting all the attention, despite previous poor seasons.

Just seems small and insecure, which is what I originally asserted. Your responses throughout the thread have done more to demonstrate your immaturity than refute it, but naturally an insecure person gets defensive and hostile when confronted - that's part of being insecure.

Try to get a handle on that.

Jack Robinson
08-28-2010, 01:47 PM
Huh?

Trying what?

All I've been trying is understand your point. Because it seems that you have antipathetic feelings towards the Jets just because they wanna make some noise in order to get noticed after years of being ignored.

And why you strangely support when the Giants do it because you feel they actually NEED to be remembered just because they struggled last season after years of getting all the attention, despite previous poor seasons.

Just seems small and insecure, which is what I originally asserted. Your responses throughout the thread have done more to demonstrate your immaturity than refute it, but naturally an insecure person gets defensive and hostile when confronted - that's part of being insecure.

LOL. Oh dude you really are bad at this wannabe shrink thing.

Insecurity--that wouldn't have anything to do with responding to old posts 2 weeks after getting schooled, would it?

I guess when you're that desperate to save face after a beating like the one you took, it's to be expected.

Try to stop crying and find a more manful way to deal with it.

njsean
08-28-2010, 02:17 PM
Huh?

Trying what?

But I guess when you're that desperate to save face after a thorough beating, it's to be expected.

Wait, a beating? I thought we explaining our respective positions - I didn't know we were in a competition of some sort.

This is what you do? Try to "beat" people?

Oh, no. Not insecure at all. I take it back. You're clearly well adjusted.

scoopscj
08-28-2010, 02:23 PM
Huh?

Trying what?

But I guess when you're that desperate to save face after a thorough beating, it's to be expected.

Wait, a beating? I thought we explaining our respective positions - I didn't know we were in a competition of some sort.

Hey, promise me something. Come back here in week 8, regardless of your record to discuss the Giants and Jets. Then again at the end of the year.

I suspect you'll disappear if your Jets don't perform to expectations. It's only natural. Internet tough guys usually do. Maybe you're different and don't fit the traditional mold. I don't hate on the Jets but I don't love em either. There is no jealousy for many fans here. What's there to be jealous of? :)

Scoops

njsean
08-28-2010, 02:29 PM
Huh?

Trying what?

Hey, promise me something.* Come back here in week 8, regardless of your record to discuss the Giants and Jets.* Then again at the end of the year.

I suspect you'll disappear if your Jets don't perform to expectations.* It's only natural.* Internet tough guys usually do.* Maybe you're different and don't fit the traditional mold.* I don't hate on the Jets but I don't love em either.* There is no jealousy for many fans here.* What's there to be jealous of? :)

Scoops

I'm not a Jets fan at all.

I just don't hate them and don't get why people get all upset or feel disrespected by them - They are inconsequential.

I should have realized, however, that the kind of people who get easily upset by an insignificant team also can't suffer those who disagree with them and throw tantrums. My mistake.

I'm not sure what classifies me as an "internet tough guy" either but that doesn't sound like a flattering title.

Jack Robinson
08-28-2010, 02:31 PM
Huh?

Trying what?

Actually, very well adjusted. You see, I don't don't wait 2 weeks to respond to old posts hoping the guy who schooled me won't respond. That's just you.

Rock collecting might be a good hobby. Maybe go down to the beach, collect some nice shiny seashells. Could be a good confidence booster for you.

Jack Robinson
08-28-2010, 02:34 PM
Huh?

Trying what?

Hey, promise me something.* Come back here in week 8, regardless of your record to discuss the Giants and Jets.* Then again at the end of the year.

I suspect you'll disappear if your Jets don't perform to expectations.* It's only natural.* Internet tough guys usually do.* Maybe you're different and don't fit the traditional mold.* I don't hate on the Jets but I don't love em either.* There is no jealousy for many fans here.* What's there to be jealous of? :)

Scoops

Scoops this guy's nothing more than a troll, here for your entertainment and mine.

Oh and btw, the post about "beating you" had been edited for clarifiication. I know you have trouble with easy concepts so it's necessary to be as clear as possible.

njsean
08-28-2010, 02:40 PM
Huh?

Trying what?

Actually, very well adjusted. You see, I don't don't wait 2 weeks to respond to old posts hoping the guy who schooled me won't respond. That's just you.

Rock collecting might be a good hobby for you. Maybe go down to the beach, collect some nice shiny seashells. Could be a good confidence booster for you.

If my tardiness to your post confused you, I apologize, but I hadn't seen your last response until this thread was bumped back to the top - It was lost during the plethora of threads during game night last week. I was under the impression we were having a conversation and I wanted to add to it when I saw you had left another comment for me.

It's pretty clear now that you really have nothing useful left to add or any ability to clarify any points you've made that I've questioned. Strange that you've been reduced to this instead. The name calling and attempted personal attacks are amusing, but not very prudent to the original topic.

njsean
08-28-2010, 02:43 PM
Huh?

Trying what?

Scoops

Scoops this guy's nothing more than a troll, here for your entertainment and mine.

Oh and btw, the post about "beating you" had been edited for clarifiication. I know you have trouble with easy concepts so it's necessary to be as clear as possible.

Yeah, still don't see an explanation about what kind of competition you need this to be. Just more about how you feel bothered by the fact that I didn't get back to you immediately.

Jack Robinson
08-28-2010, 02:46 PM
Huh?

Trying what?

Rock collecting might be a good hobby for you. Maybe go down to the beach, collect some nice shiny seashells. Could be a good confidence booster for you.

If my tardiness to your post confused you, I apologize, but I hadn't seen your last response until this thread was bumped back to the top - It was lost during the plethora of threads during game night last week. I was under the impression we were having a conversation and I wanted to add to it when I saw you had left another comment for me.

It's pretty clear now that you really have nothing useful left to add or any ability to clarify any points you've made that I've questioned. Strange that you've been reduced to this instead. The name calling and attempted personal attacks are amusing, but not very prudent to the original topic.

Reduction--a guy so insecure he resorts to faux psychology to take the focus off the fact that his inane arguments have been completely sunk by the facts.

Oh, the the post about "beating you" had been edited for clarification. I know easy concepts elude you, so best to make things as clear as possible. Guess it wasn't edited in time since you seem to have been waiting by the computer for another post.

So if "I have nothing useful left," is this the part where you go slinking off with your tail between your legs, or are you stupid enough to keep entertaining me?

I really hope you're dumb enough. It's been a gas.

Jack Robinson
08-28-2010, 02:47 PM
Huh?

Trying what?

Scoops

Yeah, still don't see an explanation about what kind of competition you need this to be. Just more about how you feel bothered by the fact that I didn't get back to you immediately.

Bothered? No.

Amused that you actually tried? Yes.

njsean
08-28-2010, 02:54 PM
Huh?

Trying what?

Reduction--a guy so insecure he resorts to faux psychology to take the focus off the fact that his inane arguments have been completely sunk by the facts.

Oh, the the post about "beating you" had been edited for clarification. I know easy concepts elude you, so best to make things as clear as possible. Guess it wasn't edited in time since you seem to have been waiting by the computer for another post.

So if "I have nothing useful left," is this the part where you go slinking off with your tail between your legs, or are you stupid enough to keep entertaining me?

I really hope you're dumb enough. It's been a gas.

I appreciate your redirection or deflection or whichever you choose, but I'd like to focus primarily on the how my arguments have been sunk by the facts.

Explain that. Feel free to include more of self-inflating comments of "schooling" or "winning" if you must. I understand and don't begrudge ya for it. But try to stay somewhat on point if you can while you do it.

njsean
08-28-2010, 02:57 PM
Huh?

Trying what?

Scoops

Bothered? No.

Amused that you actually tried? Yes.

Why would you be amused that someone responded to your comment? Isn't that the point of a message board? I don't get it.

Usually people who leave comments just to be amused by the other posters responses have a special name...What was it...Oh yes, what you tried to call me. A troll.

Is that what you are? I hope not.