PDA

View Full Version : Not happy about all the attention that were getting

NYGFaninILL
01-13-2012, 08:31 PM
Since everybody is making 2007 comparison threads allow me to make one of my own.

One of the biggest reasons we won it all in 2007, is because we play the underdog card so well.

Technically, we still underdogs by 7.5 points, but every talking head and analyst is saying were going to beat them.

I really hope that we don't come out flat. We can't have a first quarter like we had against the falcons, we need to come out swinging.

Besides the fat man, the entire packers squad has been relatively silent when it comes to talking trash.

So here's to the Giants backing up their talk this week.

Rant over

Firenugget
01-13-2012, 08:33 PM
I don't think we have to worry about them being flat. They're not gonna overlook the Packers.

rcrane082985
01-13-2012, 08:47 PM
Im happy about the attention. Most of us complain all year that they dont get enough compared to teams like the cowboys. We may not have deservd all that much attention at points in the year, but we deserve it now. This team is really coming together, and could be among the toughest.

Spizi
01-13-2012, 08:59 PM
Im happy about the attention. Most of us complain all year that they dont get enough compared to teams like the cowboys. We may not have deservd all that much attention at points in the year, but we deserve it now. This team is really coming together, and could be among the toughest.

Exactly. I love the attention and it won't affect the game at all. We are going to keep this train rolling all the way to the superbowl!!

KidA
01-13-2012, 10:33 PM
It is a bit disconcerting. Still, I think that confidence is a good thing for a team that has enough talent but doesn't always play that way.

NYGFaninILL
01-13-2012, 10:35 PM

Over the past decade, though, when the Giants have been rolling and the media says "hey, watch out for this team", they go out and crap the bed. That's why we don't usually get attention to begin with, because analysts who jump on the Giants background get embarrassed halfway through the season.

I hope they play phenomenal, I really do, it's just a matter of getting big-headed

miked1958
01-13-2012, 10:41 PM
We will be underdogs next week to. Lol

PrideofNY
01-13-2012, 10:47 PM
The way I see it, everyone is mentioning it, but no one is actually picking them. The analysts don't actually think they're gonna win, its just the popular thing to talk about lately.

NY_Eli
01-13-2012, 10:57 PM
When you're one of 8 teams left in the playoffs, you're gonna get attention. It was like this in 08 too.

Eli TO Shockey
01-13-2012, 11:02 PM
It's either we don't get enough attention or get too much attention . Either Way giants fans complain.

Also, what does it mean to "play the underdog so well" ? What kind of skillet is that? We need to come out and play to our potential and leave it all on the field . Everything else means nothing once the ball is kicked off.

BigBlueOnes
01-13-2012, 11:22 PM
WTF?? We get too much attention and folks pick us to win? Almost NOBODY has picked us to win. Fuggedaboutit...

Denaliman316
01-13-2012, 11:28 PM
A few people did pick them. They're saying we're the hottest team in football and if we use The Chiefs plan we have the best chance of beating them.

The rest are gushing over the Packers. They won't to hate, let em hate.

Just bulletin board stuff for Tom Coughlin.

pjam84
01-13-2012, 11:39 PM
i've noticed quite a few giving us a ton of credit and a shot to win the game. a lot of references to 2007 for sure....but, when it comes down to picking the game, most people are still picking the packers. i do understand what you are saying though. but yeah, while we have quite a bit of swagger going on, and a lot of people are paying attention, i think it's a good thing, and we still are the underdog.

fourth&forever
01-13-2012, 11:46 PM
It's either we don't get enough attention or get too much attention . Either Way giants fans complain.

Also, what does it mean to "play the underdog so well" ? What kind of skillet is that? We need to come out and play to our potential and leave it all on the field . Everything else means nothing once the ball is kicked off.
I'm happy when we're not favored. The Giants can get quite fired up when they feel they're being counted out. Nothing to lose, everything to gain. No pressure as a dog. We can play hard and loose. Look out!

IMO, this is right where we want to be: Lambeau, sunday, dogs. And hungry dogs at that!

Eli TO Shockey
01-14-2012, 01:16 AM

I'm happy when we're not favored. The Giants can get quite fired up when they feel they're being counted out. Nothing to lose, everything to gain. No pressure as a dog. We can play hard and loose. Look out!

IMO, this is right where we want to be: Lambeau, sunday, dogs. And hungry dogs at that!

Amen brother . Can't wait!!