PDA

View Full Version : None of The Video's on Giants.com Will Play on My Computer

Geebanga718
04-11-2014, 12:24 AM
anyone else have this problem?

Rudyy
04-11-2014, 12:29 AM
Sometimes they take a while to load and what not.
I hate watching videos on Giants.com.

ngirard85'
04-11-2014, 12:34 AM

Do you happen to use adblock?

Flip Empty
04-11-2014, 12:38 AM
Clear you cache and disable your plugins, then see if the problem still exists. If it does, try updating or reinstalling Flash, or try a different browser.

rbsp7
04-11-2014, 02:14 AM
First off, nfl.com and all the teams websites use the worst media player I've ever seen.

99% of the time the problem is with AdBlock, disable adblock for giants.com and nfl.com, if that doesn't fix it try a different browser.

GreenZone
04-11-2014, 02:21 AM
Yeah, this is a big problem, which occurs seemingly off and on at sister site, NFL.com. Been meaning to post here on it also. It's usually even worse at Giants.com.

You have to wonder how much the advertisers involved may be finding out about you and your system. It seems like the delivery of the content is possibly being done through one of the invasive advertising companies, including Google's Doubleclick, Google TagServices and Adobe's Omniture Analytics via NFL.com.

A good solution might be to go to Opera.com and use the opera browser and/or the Commodo Google-free Chrome browser, although those seem to be hit and miss also depending on what developers at NFL website happen to be tinkering with or who they are making deals with at any given time.

You know, I don't mind watching the occasional commercial, particluarly clever Eli Toyota ones, etc., but the tracking nonsense is an ethical disgrace that most companies cannot manage to find the ethics to withhold themselves from allowing.

The model they should be watching is CBS.com, which posts almost all its shows now without the manipulative stuff that directly interferes with playback (unlike earlier in its evolution).

The NFL and NFL.com should be embarrassed about this one, as well as enabling the most annoying autoplay at NFL.com.

Geebanga718
04-11-2014, 02:51 AM
Glad it's not just me. I have ad blockers installed in firefox but not in IE. Vids work in neither browser. Too many passwords to clear my cookies even though they are backed up.

Flip Empty
04-11-2014, 03:23 AM
Yeah, this is a big problem, which occurs seemingly off and on at sister site, NFL.com. Been meaning to post here on it also. It's usually even worse at Giants.com.

You have to wonder how much the advertisers involved may be finding out about you and your system. It seems like the delivery of the content is possibly being done through one of the invasive advertising companies, including Google's Doubleclick, Google TagServices and Adobe's Omniture Analytics via NFL.com.

A good solution might be to go to Opera.com and use the opera browser and/or the Commodo Google-free Chrome browser, although those seem to be hit and miss also depending on what developers at NFL website happen to be tinkering with or who they are making deals with at any given time.

You know, I don't mind watching the occasional commercial, particluarly clever Eli Toyota ones, etc., but the tracking nonsense is an ethical disgrace that most companies cannot manage to find the ethics to withhold themselves from allowing.

The model they should be watching is CBS.com, which posts almost all its shows now without the manipulative stuff that directly interferes with playback (unlike earlier in its evolution).

The NFL and NFL.com should be embarrassed about this one, as well as enabling the most annoying autoplay at NFL.com.
Yep, most sites load up on the trackers these days - even this one.

http://i.imgur.com/grg8Kho.png

The "Ghostery" plugin is worth a look for anyone not familiar with this. It's rather shocking on some sites.

I agree that NFL.com's media player is hideous, I rarely watch anything on it because of that. Their site is quite horrible, too. Way too much flashy crap.

JimC
04-11-2014, 06:24 AM
I has been a constant issue with me. I have tried IE. and Firefox with no success. Can watch no videos on giants.com.

Flip Empty
04-11-2014, 06:48 AM
I has been a constant issue with me. I have tried IE. and Firefox with no success. Can watch no videos on giants.com.

Are you using Adblock as well? You'll have to whitelist the site.

ibbill
04-11-2014, 07:45 AM

Here are the trackers I had to unblock one of them to get the video to play along with adblock

Google Adsense
unblocked

Omniture
blocked

Facebook Connect
blocked

Twitter Badge
blocked

Google +1
blocked

Doubleclick
blocked

Geebanga718
04-11-2014, 11:59 AM
thanks for the input.... thread moved as I expected :(

BigBlueBoricua
04-11-2014, 12:07 PM

You have to hit play !!!!! JK, had to take that shot !!!!! LOL !