PDA

View Full Version : Hiroki Kuroda Yanks Montero traded

Redeyejedi
01-13-2012, 07:45 PM
Breaking as of now dont know how i feel about this

Tuckit91
01-13-2012, 07:53 PM
Ya just saw it.....What a stupid move!! Really think this kid is going to become a great hitter....They better try and get Feilder to DH.

nycsportzfan
01-13-2012, 08:01 PM
Breaking as of now dont know how i feel about this I ridiculously stupid <span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">move! Why would u trade a dude who looked like he was gonna be a 320ba 34hr 120rbi guy for a kid who could be the next Edwin Jackson? Pineda flopped down the stretch and fine he showed signs of being a stud early on but when giving up Jesus </span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">montero U better be sure!!! Stupid </span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">move!</span>

Tuckit91
01-13-2012, 08:03 PM
Breaking as of now dont know how i feel about this I ridiculously stupid <SPAN id=_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription>move! Why would u trade a dude who looked like he was gonna be a 320ba 34hr 120rbi guy for a kid who could be the next Edwin Jackson? Pineda flopped down the stretch and fine he showed signs of being a stud early on but when giving up Jesus </SPAN><SPAN id=_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription>montero U better be sure!!! Stupid </SPAN><SPAN id=_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription>move!</SPAN></P>

</P>

Thats what i am saying...Reallydisappointed in the is move!</P>

Redeyejedi
01-13-2012, 08:12 PM
Breaking as of now dont know how i feel about this* I ridiculously stupid <span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">move!* Why would u trade a dude who looked like he was gonna be a 320ba 34hr 120rbi* guy for a kid who could be the next Edwin Jackson?* Pineda flopped down the stretch and fine** he showed signs of being a stud early on** but when giving up Jesus </span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">montero**** U better be sure!!!* Stupid </span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">move!</span>Oh No I was hoping U liked this move. U know more about other teams players then me.I was hoping your were going to say the kids a future ace

Redeyejedi
01-13-2012, 08:13 PM
Its actually Montero and Noesi
for Campos and Pineada

Redeyejedi
01-13-2012, 09:10 PM
Im seeing on Twitter that Nova might be in this deal as well.If they traded Nova as well im going to punch brian cashamn in the face

Redeyejedi
01-13-2012, 09:19 PM
Yanks have signed
Hiroki Kuroda

VegasGmen
01-13-2012, 09:23 PM
I was originally po'ed when I saw they traded Montero who is going to be a superstar in this league but the more I look at it the Yanks might have got the better end of this deal. Pineda is a legit #2 immediately and future #1. He has an incredible slider and as much upside as any young pitcher out there. Plus we signed Kuroda for the #4 slot. Nice move. Starting rotation of CC, Pineda, Hughes, Kuroda and Nova. Bye Bye AJ!!!!

NYfanatic
01-13-2012, 09:32 PM
Great move, not only do we get a young stud pitcher who is great now and can help now. (unlike the B's who are not yet MLB ready)
Montero may be good but he didnt fit here. We have another young catcher in Romine and Sanchez.
At 1st Tex will hold the fort for a few more years. So Montero was the odd man out.
Beside we can always trade a few pitchers or a killer B (Betances) for a young hitter as well.
Yanks are looking at a championsip #28. And cashman is getting us their. Imagine the Knicks-Giants and Yankees winning the championship all in 2012? Crazy? It could very well happen!

Redeyejedi
01-13-2012, 09:33 PM
I was originally po'ed when I saw they traded Montero who is going to be a superstar in this league but the more I look at it the Yanks might have got the better end of this deal. Pineda is a legit #2 immediately and future #1. He has an incredible slider and as much upside as any young pitcher out there. Plus we signed Kuroda for the #4 slot. Nice move. Starting rotation of CC, Pineda, Hughes, Kuroda and Nova. Bye Bye AJ!!!!He has not proven enough to be traded for the caliber of prospect Montero is

VegasGmen
01-13-2012, 09:54 PM
I was originally po'ed when I saw they traded Montero who is going to be a superstar in this league but the more I look at it the Yanks might have got the better end of this deal. Pineda is a legit #2 immediately and future #1. He has an incredible slider and as much upside as any young pitcher out there. Plus we signed Kuroda for the #4 slot. Nice move. Starting rotation of CC, Pineda, Hughes, Kuroda and Nova. Bye Bye AJ!!!!He has not proven enough to be traded for the caliber of prospect Montero is
It's the reality of MLB you must have pitching to win it all. Great pitching trumps great hitting. It was a move that had to be made. Don't get me wrong I am still really pissed that Montero is gone but this is the way to build a champion. Montero is not the best behind the plate calling a game and we have lots of depth still behind Martin with Romine and Cervelli. We can always pick up a stick to DH which is what Montero would of been primarily next season. Wonder what is going to happen to Garcia and AJ. Actually they can start sliding ARod into the DH and have Nunez at 3rd.

giantyankee1976
01-14-2012, 01:28 AM
Breaking as of now dont know how i feel about this

I do.

Whhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I liked what i saw in Montero !!!

do you guy remember that game when he checked his swing and the ball still lifted over thr right field wall?

and Noesi too?

I mean I know I was a bg advocate for the Pitching staff and Bullpen but not two more future pieces.

I love what we get out of Curt but still feel sad that we lost Austin Jackson in the deal...

Then I saw this Jesus kid and was like wow, we 'll be alright.

I just don't know why we let go so nice an offensive weapon?

then there's AJ, and his horrid ERA's just sitting there...

PS

Im seeing on Twitter that Nova might be in this
deal as well.If they traded Nova as well im going to punch brian
cashamn in the face

he offered Nova too?

what a *** face !

nycsportzfan
01-14-2012, 06:10 AM
It's the reality of MLB you must have pitching to win it all. Great pitching trumps great hitting. It was a move that had to be made. Don't get me wrong I am still really pissed that Montero is gone but this is the way to build a champion. Montero is not the best behind the plate calling a game and we have lots of depth still behind Martin with Romine and Cervelli. We can always pick up a stick to DH which is what Montero would of been primarily next season. Wonder what is going to happen to Garcia and AJ. Actually they can start sliding ARod into the DH and have Nunez at 3rd. PIneda has enormus upside there is no doubt about it but the dude flopped down the stretch and when your talking about montero whos gonna be a 320 34hr 120rbi guy the next dozen seasons U better be sure your getting the goods! If anything u could of held on to montero awhile longer and probably used him to get a surer thing at the deadline or at least see if PIneda was in fact just on a end of season slump and not the beggining of the league figuring him out..

If u look at PIneda's season He was dreadful against the Yanks/Sox/rangers/blue jays/tigers and angels... U ask who he was good against??? How about the NL where he went 2-1 1.71era in 4starts and the twins/royals/orioles/rays and white sox...lol

So there is a ton of question marks with Pineda.. Now don't get me wrong I'm happy we got him as he was only a ROOK and has big upside but when giving up Jesus and seeing who Pineda did well against and who he didn't as of today it don't look like a good trade..

Adding Kuroda was a sensational get for the Yanks though and the overall rotation looks beastly now and Pineda is certainly a nice get just not to the quaililty of a Jesus quite yet

nycsportzfan
01-14-2012, 06:14 AM
Breaking as of now dont know how i feel about this I ridiculously stupid <span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">move! Why would u trade a dude who looked like he was gonna be a 320ba 34hr 120rbi guy for a kid who could be the next Edwin Jackson? Pineda flopped down the stretch and fine he showed signs of being a stud early on but when giving up Jesus </span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">montero U better be sure!!! Stupid </span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">move!</span>Oh No I was hoping U liked this move. U know more about other teams players then me.I was hoping your were going to say the kids a future ace The thing i dont like is the way PIneda finished up the yr and the way Jesus just dominated right outta the gates for the Yanks.. U gotta be worried that Pineda could of gotten figured out really quickly and how often do we see guys get figured out and never figure out who to counter that? Quite often! That said I'm happy we got Pineda as the upside is through the roof just not for Jesus montero is all.. Then again we do have Austin Romine and Gary Sanchez and Jr murphy at the C positon in the minors which lessens the blow and Sanchez has about as much upside as montero(pretty close anyways).. Adding Kuroda was awesome! I'd been saying we need to get him from day 1 of the offseason and our rotation certainly has a ridiculous potential to it now. Quite frankly could be best rotation in baseball if Pineda builds on last yr..

I hate the fact that Pineda exceled against the NL and the weak teams offensively in the AL and floundered against the tough hitting teams in the AL. Hopefully it was just a blip in what will be a stellar career for the kid

bLuereverie
01-14-2012, 07:54 AM
I don't think I hate this trade like some of you guys. I still think the Yanks got the shorter end of the stick, but not by much IF Pineda reaches expectations. I think Montero will be greater at hitting than Pineda at pitching, but that's it's obviously a necessary sacrifice for right now.

It is a gamble, but one that almost was needed to make in that Yanks desperately need pitching, not hitting.

Pineda is still VERY young. So for that alone, I will give him a pass in terms of the tale of two halves of the season. Nova's post5th inning work was nearly as impressive as earlier in the games. Young arms need conditioning to endure a full 162 game season, especially with a hard thrower like Pineda.

Amongst all this though is Burnett's path is being laid toward the door.

CC
Pineda
Nova
Kuroda
Hughes

I find it hard to simply eat AJ's money in a cut, but you put the players out there to help you win.

Redeyejedi
01-14-2012, 09:19 AM
It's the reality of MLB you must have pitching to win it all. Great pitching trumps great hitting. It was a move that had to be made. Don't get me wrong I am still really pissed that Montero is gone but this is the way to build a champion. Montero is not the best behind the plate calling a game and we have lots of depth still behind Martin with Romine and Cervelli. We can always pick up a stick to DH which is what Montero would of been primarily next season. Wonder what is going to happen to Garcia and AJ. Actually they can start sliding ARod into the DH and have Nunez at 3rd. PIneda has enormus upside** there is no doubt about it** but the dude flopped down the stretch and when your talking about montero** whos gonna be a 320 34hr 120rbi guy* the next dozen seasons*** U better be sure your getting the goods!** If anything* u could of held on to montero* awhile longer and probably used him to get a surer thing at the deadline* or at least see if PIneda was in fact just on a end of season slump and not the beggining of* the league figuring him out..

If u look at PIneda's season*** He was dreadful against the Yanks/Sox/rangers/blue jays/tigers and angels...**** U ask who he was good against???* How about the NL where he went 2-1 1.71era in 4starts and the twins/royals/orioles/rays and white sox...lol

*So there is a ton of question marks with Pineda..* Now don't get me wrong** I'm happy we got him** as he was only a ROOK and has big upside* but when giving up Jesus* and seeing who Pineda did well against and who he didn't**** as of today** it don't look like a good trade..

Adding Kuroda was a sensational get for the Yanks though and the overall rotation looks beastly now and* Pineda is certainly a nice get*** just not to the quaililty of a Jesus* quite yet
Remember when Scouts loved Phil Hughes and he mowed down hitters before the All star Break. Now where is he.

Hughes 11-2 3.17 ERA
Pineda 8-6 3.03

Hughes might be finished. How do U know this kid isnt completely flamed out already.This trade could of waited till spring training at least to see if innings had anything to do with his struggles.

Redeyejedi
01-14-2012, 09:33 AM
Kuroda Good National League pitcher expect his ERA to be around 5.00 in the AL East.Still a good signing though . 1 year 10 million well worth it.If he sux that will be it

bLuereverie
01-14-2012, 09:54 AM
Remember when Scouts loved Phil Hughes and he mowed down hitters before the All star Break. Now where is he.

Hughes 11-2 3.17 ERA
Pineda 8-6 3.03

Hughes might be finished. How do U know this kid isnt completely flamed out already.This trade could of waited till spring training at least to see if innings had anything to do with his struggles.

Hughes is 25 years old. Hardly worth considering finished with him being flipflopped between starting/bullpen and being injured, which I think was more of a mismanagement from trainers/coaches.

ny06
01-14-2012, 10:37 AM
I think we all knew (Yankee fans) that Montero was going to get traded sooner or later. As someone already brought up the Yankees are loaded at the catcher position. </P>

Initially when I saw this trade on the ticker on espn last night, I was thinking I really hope we got Felix Hernandez. Don't know much about Michael Pineda but at only 22 years old, and some electric stuff on the mound, this could be a good deal for us. </P>

Let's face it, this team needs some great arms in the rotation, <U>pitching wins</U></P>

All in all this could be a good deal for both teams. </P>

Redeyejedi
01-14-2012, 10:52 AM
I think we all knew (Yankee fans) that Montero was going to get traded sooner or later. As someone already brought up the Yankees are loaded at the catcher position. </P>

Initially when I saw this trade on the ticker on espn last night, I was thinking I really hope we got Felix Hernandez. Don't know much about Michael Pineda but at only 22 years old, and some electric stuff on the mound, this could be a good deal for us. </P>

Let's face it, this team needs some great arms in the rotation, <U>pitching wins</U></P>

All in all this could be a good deal for both teams. </P>Montero isnt a catcher he is a DH or 1B. I hate to see that bat walk away.That was a Miguel Cabrera type bat the Yanks traded. The only reason he was traded because Arod will be the DH very soon and Tex is at 1B. If he was really a catcher they wouldnt of traded him

ny06
01-14-2012, 11:03 AM

Montero isnt a catcher he is a DH or 1B. I hate to see that bat walk away.That was a Miguel Cabrera type bat the Yanks traded. The only reason he was traded because Arod will be the DH very soon and Tex is at 1B. If he was really a catcher they wouldnt of traded him</P>

You just stated my point, Tex isn't going anywhere anytime soon, A-Rod wll assume the dh spot in a year or so. There was just no room for Montero on this team. </P>

This is the chances you must take as a general manager, you can get a young talented pitcher for a young talented hitter. Like I stated before, pitching wins in this sport. </P>

Redeyejedi
01-14-2012, 11:17 AM

Montero isnt a catcher he is a DH or 1B. I hate to see that bat walk away.That was a Miguel Cabrera type bat the Yanks traded. The only reason he was traded because Arod will be the DH very soon and Tex is at 1B. If he was really a catcher they wouldnt of traded him</P>

You just stated my point, Tex isn't going anywhere anytime soon, A-Rod wll assume the dh spot in a year or so. There was just no room for Montero on this team. </P>

This is the chances you must take as a general manager, you can get a young talented pitcher for a young talented hitter. Like I stated before, pitching wins in this sport. </P>A Fly Ball SO pitcher in Yankee Stadium and Fenway could be a complete disaster.This kid did not pitch well at all outside of Safeco.

THE_New_York_Giants
01-14-2012, 11:25 AM
pineda is a beast. Pitching wins championships. Pineda is going to be a cy young winner.

bandwgn86
01-16-2012, 04:55 PM
good move,, Jesus is overrated

Voldamort
01-16-2012, 04:57 PM
Giants,Yankees and Rangers GO ny GO!!! 3 CHAMPS IN ONE YEAR!!

bLuereverie
01-16-2012, 05:43 PM

You forgot about the New York Kni..... *cough cough fkin' D'Antoni cough*

giantyankee1976
01-16-2012, 06:01 PM

You forgot about the New York Kni..... *cough cough fkin' D'Antoni cough*
D'antoni's gotta go...it's as bad as Zeke's tenure.

good grief !!!