PDA

View Full Version : Win or lose it has been a great season.

Coach Carter
01-13-2012, 11:51 PM
I have been hard on Coughlin and Eli on these boards but both of them rose to the occasion this season. Eli became elite and Coughlin did a masterful job handling all the injuries combined with a murderous 3rd quarter of tough games.

I am content with sweeping Dallas, beating the Eagles, beating the Jets, (edit: beating the Pats plus the rest of the AFC East) and winning our first home playoff game whilst having 6DBs, 2LBs, a LT and a WR on injured reserve.

Kudos to our couching staff, general manager and players for being resilient and tough throughout adversity.

Now go and beat Greenbay and shove a Discount Doublecheck up Rogers' ***.

miked1958
01-13-2012, 11:57 PM
I have been hard on Coughlin and Eli on these boards but both of them rose to the occasion this season. Eli became elite and Coughlin did a masterful job handling all the injuries combined with a murderous 3rd quarter of tough games.

I am content with sweeping Dallas, beating the Eagles, beating the Jets and winning our first home playoff game whilst having 6DBs, 2LBs, a LT and a WR on injured reserve.

Kudos to our couching staff, general manager and players for being resilient and tough throughout adversity.

Hey let's not talk about losing yet.. I think we do what your last sentence said and move on to next week. As for everything else u said I agree with it all just not ready to say it yet. I will say it on feb 5th

P_Simms_#11
01-14-2012, 12:35 AM
[B]
Good post. All I would add would be beating the Patriots.

Eli TO Shockey
01-14-2012, 01:18 AM
Why sell ourselves short???

BELIeve!!!!

BornLegend
01-14-2012, 01:21 AM

I am content with sweeping Dallas, beating the Eagles, beating the Jets and winning our first home playoff game whilst having 6DBs, 2LBs, a LT and a WR on injured reserve.

Now go and beat Greenbay and shove a Discount Doublecheck up Rogers' ***.+1

BornLegend
01-14-2012, 01:22 AM
Why sell ourselves short???

BELIeve!!!!Did you read his last sentence?

fightngiant
01-14-2012, 02:24 AM
discount double check!

harrycarson
01-14-2012, 02:54 AM
As the game gets closer I see fans starting to fade in their confidence, don't do it fellas, we can win this game !!!!!!

Dydigital
01-14-2012, 05:15 AM
Eli is the manning lol

ashleymarie
01-14-2012, 06:10 AM
As the game gets closer I see fans starting to fade in their confidence, don't do it fellas, we can win this game !!!!!!

Their confidence will return once Eli & co take the field and score some points, and the defense puts Rodgers on his hiney a few times. We Can Do This! GO GIANTS!

GCGiant
01-14-2012, 07:56 AM
It was definitely an entertaining year. I think the only game that didn't have me on the edge of my seat until the final gun was the last one...and I think that is a great sign.

I do, however, share the sentiment that win or lose I will be able to look back and say it was a great year because I enjoy the Giants and the NFL for it's entertainment value. I do not use the Giants or any other team as a means to bolster my own personal ego.

Edit- ...and one more thing. When I consider the injuries that occurred even before the 1st preseason game and couple that with what I consider to be the worst NFL schedule that anyone has ever had to play...I can say that just winning the division and a 1st rd. playoff game exceeded my expectations, as posted earlier. Anything from here is just gravy for me.

myles2424
01-14-2012, 08:11 AM
Super bowl or fail.......you can't make love to a beautiful woman & not finish!!!!!

BornLegend
01-14-2012, 09:15 AM
Super bowl or fail.......you can't make love to a beautiful woman & not finish!!!!!That's a fan's perspective. Mara made his money this year and I guarantee that he's not gonna get looked upon as a failure if the Giants come up short tomorrow. 30 other teams besides us are gonna lose... some already did. This was a successful year and something to build on going forward... regardless if we win or lose.

Tenspro2002
01-14-2012, 09:37 AM
I like to assess a season by asking the following question: if at the beginning of the year, you had been offered the season we had, would you take it?

I don't know about you, but I would definitely take a division crown and a shot at Green Bay in the divisional round.

Of course, I ask myself that question at various points throughout the year:

I would have definitely taken 6-2 at midseason with a road win at New England (hell, I would have taken 1-7 with a road win at New England, I hate the Patriots).

Having been 6-2, I would have been disappointed that we'd end up 7-7 and needing to win out to make the playoffs.

But I can't argue with the end result.

GameTime
01-14-2012, 09:41 AM
<FONT color=#000080 size=4>I like to assess a season by asking the following question: if at the beginning of the year, you had been offered the season we had, would you take it? I don't know about you, but I would definitely take a division crown and a shot at Green Bay in the divisional round.</FONT> Of course, I ask myself that question at various points throughout the year: I would have definitely taken 6-2 at midseason with a road win at New England (hell, I would have taken 1-7 with a road win at New England, I hate the Patriots). Having been 6-2, I would have been disappointed that we'd end up 7-7 and needing to win out to make the playoffs. But I can't argue with the end result.</P>

Bingo.....</P>

Roller coaster season for sure but here we all are the day before the division championship game and the Giants are in it!! ALL IN !!!!!!!</P>

RobCarpenter
01-14-2012, 11:26 AM
I have been hard on Coughlin and Eli on these boards but both of them rose to the occasion this season. Eli became elite and Coughlin did a masterful job handling all the injuries combined with a murderous 3rd quarter of tough games. I am content with sweeping Dallas, beating the Eagles, beating the Jets and winning our first home playoff game whilst having 6DBs, 2LBs, a LT and a WR on injured reserve. Kudos to our couching staff, general manager and players for being resilient and tough throughout adversity. Now go and beat Greenbay and shove a Discount Doublecheck up Rogers' ***.</P>

Nice post. </P>

It's already been a very good season. </P>

Hopefully we go all the way.</P>

RobCarpenter
01-14-2012, 11:26 AM
I have been hard on Coughlin and Eli on these boards but both of them rose to the occasion this season. Eli became elite and Coughlin did a masterful job handling all the injuries combined with a murderous 3rd quarter of tough games. I am content with sweeping Dallas, beating the Eagles, beating the Jets and winning our first home playoff game whilst having 6DBs, 2LBs, a LT and a WR on injured reserve. Kudos to our couching staff, general manager and players for being resilient and tough throughout adversity. Now go and beat Greenbay and shove a Discount Doublecheck up Rogers' ***.</P>

Double post</P>

NYSPORTS
01-14-2012, 11:30 AM
Ended the Jets season

Ended the Eagles season - by winning against the Jets

Ended the Cowboys season

Won the NFC East

Won the first home playoff game at Metlife

Not bad considering the negativity this past summer

FBomb
01-14-2012, 11:32 AM
I don't know about anyone else, but if we lose I am going to be crazy pissed off!!! </P>

I have already given up on this team once this year and I let them make me bELIeve again!!!</P>

Anything short of a SB win is nothing more than the coaching staff saving thier jobs!</P>

weeds123
01-14-2012, 11:49 AM

I was thinking that it would kind of cool to have one of the Pack's O-line shove a sub sandwich up Tuck's *** while the Pack were beating the Giants...but that's just me....

Hey, you know both of our fan bases have a lot to be proud of this year...both organizations have had good years.

If this thing doesn't play out in Green Bay's favor tomorrow, I would have NO problem pulling for the Giants. ...but I really don't see myself having to worry about that one too much. ;)

If by some quirk in the universe where Jupiter doesn't align with Mars and the Giants luck out enough to win... I'd really like to see a Giant/49'er matchup...solely for the game-type both teams play. I'm not a real keen fan of Arena Football...which is what the Packers and the Saints seem to play. The Giants and the 9'ers both play a similar brand of ball. Defense...running game (and I don't buy into the season long stats the Giants put up in regard to the running game) ... something of a more traditional style.

Anyway, here's to a good game tomorrow afternoon....hoping nobody's knees get blown out...going to be a good game.

Dabluguy
01-14-2012, 12:23 PM
It had it's ups and downs. The ups outweighed the down though. My regular season highlight was definitely beating the Jets I let all mt a-hole Jets buddys feel 4 months of built up wraith inside to be let out like an atomic bomb.I hope my best highlight changes into a SB victory.

Strahan4gov
01-14-2012, 12:42 PM
Here Here!

RedskinHater
01-14-2012, 01:06 PM
This has been one of the sanest threads I have read in a long time ! Most of us thought we would never make it to where we are ... I for one am extremely happy for what we obtained ---so far !!
Am extremely happy with this entire organization considering to not just the amount of injuries we have absorbed, but to whom .
This is not negativity but an objective, non- homer view of what has transpired.
Am sure tomorrow the yahoos will come out and after each and every non- productive play will be calling for the firing of each of our staff and trading of every player who does not make a play. That and just ranting about ever play that didn't work.
Ah well .....
<font color="#0000FF"> GO GIANTS !!</font>

NY_Eli
01-14-2012, 01:26 PM
I think there are two marks for a successful season.

1. Win a super bowl

2. Show improvement and growth to help win super bowls down the road

I think the giants have accomplished number 2. I think they want to go for the sweep.

IT ALL STARTS TOMORROW AT GREEN BAY! LET'S GO GIANTS!

Coach Carter
01-14-2012, 01:27 PM
[B]
Good post. All I would add would be beating the Patriots.

Yes, I will fix that.