PDA

View Full Version : Interesting, but irrelevant factoid

Drez
01-13-2012, 11:04 PM
If the we make it to the SB, there's a 75% chance that it will be a rematch with one of our prior SB opponents (NE, Denver, Baltimore).

jjj45
01-13-2012, 11:06 PM
Giants vs Denver SB!

You heard it here first!

Drez
01-13-2012, 11:09 PM
Giants vs Denver SB!

You heard it here first!
</P>

As much as I'd love to smoke Denver in a second SB, I'd rather not have to listen to the Tebow talk leading up to it.</P>

Rudyy
01-13-2012, 11:09 PM
If the we make it to the SB, there's a 75% chance that it will be a rematch with one of our prior SB opponents (NE, Denver, Baltimore). I would love to have another rematch of Superbowl 42.
I went trolling on the Patriots message board one day and they actually said we are a bad match up for them :)

giantman8493
01-13-2012, 11:15 PM
Giants vs Denver SB!

You heard it here first!
no

Drez
01-13-2012, 11:18 PM
If the we make it to the SB, there's a 75% chance that it will be a rematch with one of our prior SB opponents (NE, Denver, Baltimore). I would love to have another rematch of Superbowl 42. I went trolling on the Patriots message board one day and they actually said we are a bad match up for them :)</P>

Well, considering we already beat them in their house this year, I can see why they feel that way, lol.</P>

jjj45
01-13-2012, 11:18 PM
If the we make it to the SB, there's a 75% chance that it will be a rematch with one of our prior SB opponents (NE, Denver, Baltimore). I would love to have another rematch of Superbowl 42.
I went trolling on the Patriots message board one day and they actually said we are a bad match up for them :)lol which board did you sign up with?

paul anthony
01-13-2012, 11:19 PM
You guys are nuts. Give me Baltimore I want revenge for that 34-7 beat down we got back in 2001. Perfect way to top off "the revenge tour."

Drez
01-13-2012, 11:21 PM
You guys are nuts. Give me Baltimore I want revenge for that 34-7 beat down we got back in 2001. Perfect way to top off "the revenge tour."</P>

I'd love to see that!!! </P>

Oh, that'd be so freaking nice!</P>

BigBlue2010
01-13-2012, 11:26 PM
Giants vs Denver SB!

You heard it here first!
</P>

As much as I'd love to smoke Denver in a second SB, I'd rather not have to listen to the Tebow talk leading up to it.</P>

Yeah, could you imagine? Great point.

Rudyy
01-13-2012, 11:26 PM
If the we make it to the SB, there's a 75% chance that it will be a rematch with one of our prior SB opponents (NE, Denver, Baltimore). I would love to have another rematch of Superbowl 42. I went trolling on the Patriots message board one day and they actually said we are a bad match up for them :)</P>

Well, considering we already beat them in their house this year, I can see why they feel that way, lol.</P> I know, it was so funny because they were listing teams that they would face instead of us.

Rudyy
01-13-2012, 11:27 PM
I went trolling on the Patriots message board one day and they actually said we are a bad match up for them :)lol which board did you sign up with?
The Patsnation one.

tt24
01-13-2012, 11:29 PM
Giants vs Denver SB!

You heard it here first!
hate to break it to you, but I've heard it from about 18 different sources today alone.

jjj45
01-13-2012, 11:32 PM
Giants vs Denver SB!

You heard it here first!
hate to break it to you, but I've heard it from about 18 different sources today alone.huh? wtf.. have my thoughts been stolen?

DragonSoul
01-14-2012, 01:33 AM
Giants vs Denver SB!

You heard it here first!
rather play Balt and repay them, as the pats want the same vs us.

miked1958
01-14-2012, 02:13 AM
You guys are nuts. Give me Baltimore I want revenge for that 34-7 beat down we got back in 2001. Perfect way to top off "the revenge tour."
I agree. In order to continue to mirror 07 somewhat and play a team we didn't play in WC round, then go to number one seed that beat us during season. Then play NO in CG cause we played GB in 07 a team that killed us in that season.. To continue the trend we can't play NE as much as I would like to beat Brady again cause we beat them this season.. So u lose the revenge factor.. Baltimore better fits the bill as we can go back in time and RIGHT a WRONG!!.,

That's why I am almost glad GB scored in that last 58 seconds otherwise the advantage would be in their camp with them saying that they should of beat us the first time...

Kinda how Bama had the upper hand as the underdog vs LSU

gsp3
01-14-2012, 03:15 AM
Another interesting factoid:

Sunday will be the first time two Super-Bowl MVP Quarterbacks face off in playoff history.

If we beat the Pack and play the Saints? It'll be the 2nd. And if we beat the Saints and play the Patriots? It will be the first time two Super-Bowl MVP quarterbacks play each other in the SB.

Good stuff!

Mohann
01-14-2012, 09:05 AM
No. We have to meet NE in the SB. The revenge tour isn't the guiding karmic force. We're god's representative, here to punish NE for their arrogance, for cheating, and for beating Tim Tebow. Some revenge along the way is just gravy. We would be NE's nemesis. Everyone great has to have one. They, for the most part, got the better of big bro, and little bro makes them pay.

The best part is Eli. After getting so little respect for so long, for him to be the one to stop NE in the SB twice, well, Pats fans would eat their faces. It'd be reopening the wounds and pouring in salt, then sewing the salt in. You know how they all say we got lucky? A second "lucky, undeserved" SB win over them and their fans would hate us forever. We'd be their number one hated team, and Eli their most hated player.

TroyArcher
01-14-2012, 12:37 PM
I would say a 99% chance. I see no way Yates leads the Texans to the SB. If they had Schaub I'd give them a great shot, the AFC is not that good this year.

Firenugget
01-14-2012, 12:40 PM
Giants vs Denver SB!

You heard it here first!

I'd rather play the Texans. [:D]

Coach Carter
01-14-2012, 12:50 PM
Giants vs Denver SB!

You heard it here first!

I'd rather play the Texans. [:D]

I hope you don't mind if I put that pic on my FB wall.

CTLadyBlue
01-14-2012, 12:59 PM
You guys are nuts. Give me Baltimore I want revenge for that 34-7 beat down we got back in 2001. Perfect way to top off "the revenge tour."</P>

I'd love to see that!!! </P>

Oh, that'd be so freaking nice!</P>

Perfect way to right that heinous wrong.