PDA

View Full Version : we got leinart! (Unofficial)

petergriffen
09-01-2010, 07:30 PM
according to fox 5 news he is on his way to the giants now, dont know what the compesation was.

YATittle1962
09-01-2010, 07:32 PM
according to fox 5 news he is on his way to the giants now, dont know what the compesation was.

BS!

link?

none of the sources has said a thing.....last I heard they werent interested

jmike
09-01-2010, 07:33 PM
you're joking

hopefully it's a conditional 7th in 2024.

petergriffen
09-01-2010, 07:34 PM

BS!

link?i dont have a link i was watching channel 5 news were duke castiglion(sp) just reported that we got leinart. i know i dont have a million post, but im not one of those idiots to post something like this if i didnt hear it from a reliable source.

bgblucru56
09-01-2010, 07:34 PM
i just watched fox news. they said the giants were interested in him, not they signed him

playguitar
09-01-2010, 07:35 PM
no way. i dont like him much. if he improvew his work ethic and sruff he can be good.

barran21
09-01-2010, 07:35 PM
I see nothing about us getting this Reject QB.......

egyptian420
09-01-2010, 07:37 PM
Schefter hasn't reported it yet so I'm not going to believe it until he does.

ReeBoK894

BS!

link?i dont have a link i was watching channel 5 news were duke castiglion(sp) just reported that we got leinart. i know i dont have a million post, but im not one of those idiots to post something like this if i didnt hear it from a reliable source.
duke castiglione is a joke.

Jint Fan 73
I think you need to check your ears....

Twitter would be blowing up if this was true

YATittle1962

BS!

link?i dont have a link i was watching channel 5 news were duke castiglion(sp) just reported that we got leinart. i know i dont have a million post, but im not one of those idiots to post something like this if i didnt hear it from a reliable source. u may have heard wrong......they were interested ...then lost interest...

sharick88
according to fox 5 news he is on his way to the giants now, dont know what the compesation was.</P>

BS. Without a link, this thing stinks</P>

RoanokeFan

BS!

link?

I got your back, AGAIN! [:O]

bgblucru56
09-01-2010, 07:38 PM
what we need is an accurate qb that can be mobile and avoid ore than 1 sack in the superbowl. mind you eli, wanted that ring, but i dont see the drive and desire he had that year anymore

UK-Giantsfan
total nonsense ..............

YATittle1962

BS!

next time you may wanna check some sources before you bust your nut

JaxMan
NoNE of the Beat writers are reporting it..

RoanokeFan
09-01-2010, 07:39 PM
Here we go [:'(]

YATittle1962
09-01-2010, 07:40 PM

BS!

link?

I got your back, AGAIN!* [:O]

can always count on Ro to have my backside........i mean my back! my back!

Dorkasaurus
09-01-2010, 07:40 PM

Yet another moron posts a thread with no facts……..

petergriffen
09-01-2010, 07:41 PM

Yet another moron posts a thread with no facts……..and yet another moron posting with his internet muscles. you are a real tough guy.

B-Red22
09-01-2010, 07:42 PM
BS</P>

RoanokeFan
09-01-2010, 07:42 PM

BS!

link?

I got your back, AGAIN! [:O]

[:$] Where is Harooni when I need him?? [:$]

rebelfan1966
09-01-2010, 07:43 PM
link...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vpINFPTLuE

YATittle1962
09-01-2010, 07:43 PM

Yet another moron posts a thread with no facts……..and yet another moron posting with his internet muscles. you are a real tough guy.

gotta say u deserve whats comin to ya for bustin a nut too quick and not checkin your facts

YATittle1962
09-01-2010, 07:44 PM

BS!

link?

I got your back, AGAIN!* [:O]

[:$] Where is Harooni when I need him??* [:$]

hahahaahah priceless

petergriffen
09-01-2010, 07:44 PM

gotta say u deserve whats comin to ya for bustin a nut too quick and not checkin your factsif im wrong i will admit it but im positive i heard correctly!

Chaosist
09-01-2010, 07:46 PM
according to fox 5 news he is on his way to the giants now, dont know what the compesation was. Yet another moron posts a thread with no facts……..and yet another moron posting with his internet muscles. you are a real tough guy. gotta say u deserve whats comin to ya for bustin a nut too quick and not checkin your factsif im wrong i will admit it but im positive i heard correctly!</P>

I don't know, man. I still haven't seen anything by any of the beat writers, either.</P>

I think you may have misheard.</P>

YATittle1962
09-01-2010, 07:49 PM
according to fox 5 news he is on his way to the giants now, dont know what the compesation was. Yet another moron posts a thread with no facts……..and yet another moron posting with his internet muscles. you are a real tough guy. gotta say u deserve whats comin to ya for bustin a nut too quick and not checkin your factsif im wrong i will admit it but im positive i heard correctly!</P>

I don't know, man. I still haven't seen anything by any of the beat writers, either.</P>

I think you may have misheard.</P>

yeah Chaos twitter would be on fire right now............crickets

Dorkasaurus
09-01-2010, 07:50 PM

Do you have fact to back up his thread?
If you don’t then you decline to his level, posting something with no factual evidence to back it up hence a moron.

scoopscj
09-01-2010, 07:50 PM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:Mjq7Ib_62C_vzM:http://gi253.photobucket.com/groups/hh57/1XV4PGACVO/Bad_Post.jpg&amp;t=1

Chaosist
09-01-2010, 07:52 PM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:Mjq7Ib_62C_vzM:http://gi253.photobucket.com/groups/hh57/1XV4PGACVO/Bad_Post.jpg&amp;t=1
</P>

lmao.</P>

Don't ask me why, but I think that's funny as hell.</P>

Dorkasaurus
09-01-2010, 07:53 PM

gotta say u deserve whats comin to ya for bustin a nut too quick and not checkin your facts

There is someone who has seen me, knows me on this message board

Die-Hard
09-01-2010, 07:53 PM
Ok, no harm done fellas.

In the future, a link to a legitimate source is normally required. If you aren't 100% sure about something you may have heard, please hold off on posting it until you have verifiable proof of some sort. As you can see, people tend to get bent out of shape rather easily.

Thanks

RoanokeFan
09-01-2010, 07:54 PM

gotta say u deserve whats comin to ya for bustin a nut too quick and not checkin your factsif im wrong i will admit it but im positive i heard correctly!

My phone has been beeping at me all day with GIANTS news and it's been silent for about two hours. A lot of us hear things that aren't said [8-)]

bgblucru56
wrong link hero

Eli TO Shockey
i hope this is true!!

listenup
09-01-2010, 07:56 PM
according to fox 5 news he is on his way to the giants now, dont know what the compesation was.http://fast1.onesite.com/community.foxsports.com/user/listen-up/failed/3ee35446d0cc1db01770ce30766f695f.gif?v=71700

RoanokeFan
Ok, no harm done fellas.

In the future, a link to a legitimate source is normally required. If you aren't 100% sure about something you may have heard, please hold off on posting it until you have verifiable proof of some sort. As you can see, people tend to get bent out of shape rather easily.

Thanks

No harm, you say? Who's going to pay for the TV I threw the phone at? [:O]

jmike
Ok, no harm done fellas.

Thanks

This is posted on several message boards across the internets that Fox reported this, so I tend to believe him. I just don't believe Fox.

listenup
09-01-2010, 07:57 PM
LOLZ!

U a silly mofo Scoops!

petergriffen
09-01-2010, 07:58 PM
well then i will admit my wrong i apologize to the people who took real bad, i guess i heard wrong . i didnt mean to start this for no reason. next time i will check my facts with reliable links.

scoopscj
I also heard from Simone (pictued below) that
Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's
girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the
girl who saw Matt Lienart pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's
pretty serious.

Credible source, I swear!

http://www.80s.com/saveferris/images/class/simone2.jpg

Die-Hard
Ok, no harm done fellas.

Thanks

The OP may be on the hook for that one(no pun intended)

YATittle1962
09-01-2010, 07:59 PM
Ok, no harm done fellas.

Thanks

we're just gettin on him a little die........

in a way I dont take the boards seriously......but in another way I do......

besides just giving and taking opinions........I like to think I can come here to get facts, and give facts.........we like it that way

you cant jump the gun for something you thought you heard on Fox........

otherwise you get.......

Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious

thank you Simone

Eli TO Shockey
09-01-2010, 08:00 PM
MATT LEINART = STUD!

rbcarpenter
pretty serious.

kristy swanson is still hot!!!

Chaosist
Ok, no harm done fellas.

Thanks

</P>

Do you have homeowner's insurance?</P>

You can always say that you got vandalized by a Redskins fan...</P>

No more tweets from MG and RV on your phone... </P>

And no more watching the Giants throtle the Skins on the tv...</P>

Sounds rightfully believable to me.</P>

YATittle1962
09-01-2010, 08:01 PM
pretty serious.

proof that great minds think alike

Chaosist
09-01-2010, 08:01 PM
MATT LEINART = STUD!</P>

lmaorofl</P>

Eli TO Shockey
09-01-2010, 08:04 PM
MATT LEINART = STUD!</P>

lmaorofl</P>

im really excited...him and steve smith can do some *Catching* up!!!

Dorkasaurus
09-01-2010, 08:04 PM
Ok, no harm done fellas.

Thanks

A lot of fans check this board for a quick reference of the status for the Giants, unsubstantiated threads like this affect the creditability of this messageboard!

pino
09-01-2010, 08:10 PM
Well Peter Griffen is a Patriot fan. What did you expect?</P>

He's not even a real person. This whole thread is part of thefiction!</P>

pino
09-01-2010, 08:14 PM
http://bp1.blogger.com/_BKu2vCN23Pg/Rc3kslNIpgI/AAAAAAAAADc/SK8eQ6x1wuM/s400/petergriffin.gif

tonyt830
09-01-2010, 08:18 PM
according to fox 5 news he is on his way to the giants now, dont know what the compesation was.im watching nfl netwrok total access right now---No mention of Leinart coming to NY. Dont know who your sources are, but I dont think so.

bansaw
09-01-2010, 08:24 PM

Do you have fact to back up his thread?
If you don’t then you decline to his level, posting something with no factual evidence to back it up hence a moron.

he does have a point

and in a similar vein - YAY TWITTER (http://news.nationalpost.com/2010/09/01/toronto-timeline-a-day-in-the-life-of-a-nonexistent-bed-bug/)

stormin normand
09-01-2010, 08:53 PM
you're joking

We already have plans for THAT pick.

GmenRich1714
09-01-2010, 08:59 PM
trade a number 7 for kerry collins....leinart sucks<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><div id="refHTML"></div>

RoanokeFan
09-01-2010, 09:07 PM
Ok, no harm done fellas.

Thanks

</p>

Do you have homeowner's insurance?</p>

You can always say that you got vandalized by a Redskins fan...</p>

No more tweets from MG and RV on your phone... </p>

And no more watching the Giants throtle the Skins on the tv...</p>

Sounds rightfully believable to me.</p>

You're good, handle my divorce? [:S]

FBomb
09-01-2010, 09:14 PM
you're joking

We already have plans for THAT pick.</P>

EXACTLY!!! We got that pick saved for a MLB who won't make the team!</P>

derekunion28
09-01-2010, 09:22 PM
you're joking

We already have plans for THAT pick.</P>

EXACTLY!!! We got that pick saved for a MLB who won't make the team!</P>

</P>

and if he makes the team he will trip over ross's injured hamstring or something and be out for the year </P>

mikgaes
09-01-2010, 09:24 PM
Bills fan living in NYC. I saw the same report from Castiglione on the news at 6 PM.

He said he had "breaking news".

Giantshock80
09-01-2010, 09:42 PM
This must be what the report was based on...A rumor through the Cardinals Locker Room....</P>

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/01/cardinals-locker-room-buzzes-about-possible-leinart-trade-to-giants/</P>
<H1>Cardinals locker room buzzes about possible Leinart trade to Giants</H1>
<DIV class=post-info>Posted by Mike Florio on September 1, 2010 2:46 PM ET</DIV>
<DIV class=post-body>We mentioned in our most recent post that, of the three teams linked to Cardinals quarterback Matt Leinart (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&amp;id=3138), only the Giants have not publicly denied the report from ESPN's Adam Schefter.

And there could be a good reason for the silence.

We're told that the Cardinals locker room currently is buzzing with a rumor that Leinart will be traded to the Giants. It's unclear whether there's any truth to the rumor, but it is true that the Cardinals' locker room is buzzing with a rumor that Leinart will be traded to the Giants.

This is one of those instances where we rely on the audience to understand what we are and aren't reporting. When sharing rumors in this space, we label them as rumors. For now, this is only a rumor. But it's a rampant rumor in the Cardinals' locker room. Whether it comes to fruition remains to be seen.

<DIV align=left>That said, we'd be shocked if the Giants do the deal without getting Leinart to reduce his 2010 and/or 2011 salary. We'd also be surprised to see Leinart agree to reduce his salary when he can, if he so chooses, dig in his heels and try to force a release, so that he could then pick his next team.

Then again, if he truly wants to be a starter, his next team could be in the UFL</DIV></DIV>

rebelfan1966
09-01-2010, 09:46 PM
Mattie?</P>

</P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vpINFPTLuE</P>

DEgiants89
09-01-2010, 09:49 PM
Schefter hasn't reported it yet so I'm not going to believe it until he does.

lmao tru life...but i wish he stayed wit nfl network...espn is wack

Eli TO Shockey
09-01-2010, 09:51 PM
Mattie?</P>

*</P>

LMAO, how fitting!!

Joe Morrison
09-01-2010, 10:01 PM
The Giants are not going to even take a shot, you people are crazy for falling for this.

lordntelek2
09-01-2010, 10:02 PM
I laughed at this!

oops the youtube clip that was posted was suppose to be attached.

mikgaes
09-01-2010, 10:06 PM
The Giants are not going to even take a shot, you people are crazy for falling for this.

The FOX 5 news director reported the story as breaking news. Don't fault the guy for reporting what he saw.

I saw it too. There was no reason to doubt it. As a Bills fan, I was relieved to hear it.

FBomb
09-01-2010, 10:11 PM
The story has legs.</P>

jmike
09-01-2010, 10:14 PM

The FOX 5 news director reported the story as breaking news. Don't fault the guy for reporting what he saw.

I saw it too. There was no reason to doubt it. As a Bills fan, I was relieved to hear it.

Why? Would you want him on the Bills? He's no better than Edwards.

mikgaes
09-01-2010, 10:16 PM

Why?* Would you want him on the Bills?* He's no better than Edwards.

No. He's a shadow clone of what the Bills already have on their roster.

FBomb
09-01-2010, 10:17 PM
The Giants are not going to even take a shot, you people are crazy for falling for this. The FOX 5 news director reported the story as breaking news. Don't fault the guy for reporting what he saw. I saw it too. There was no reason to doubt it. As a Bills fan, I was relieved to hear it.

</P>

He's saying he's glad the Bills DIDN'T...oh never mind.</P>

jmike
09-01-2010, 10:18 PM

No. He's a shadow clone of what the Bills already have on their roster.

Oh, you were relieved he wasn't going to the Bills then.

jmike
09-01-2010, 10:19 PM
The Giants are not going to even take a shot, you people are crazy for falling for this. The FOX 5 news director reported the story as breaking news. Don't fault the guy for reporting what he saw. I saw it too. There was no reason to doubt it. As a Bills fan, I was relieved to hear it.

</p>

He's saying he's glad the Bills DIDN'T...oh never mind.</p>

yea, got that, I'm a bit slow

nygiantfanalways
09-01-2010, 10:19 PM
I don't see why they would even trade for him. He hasn't showed anything in his career an they already have Bomar. I know Bomar is young but hes showed more promise at this point then Leinart ever has. Just sayin, why spend a draft pick on a QB. We usually only keep two QB's on the regular season roster anyway...

Morehead State
09-01-2010, 10:34 PM
I gotta say that Lienert to the Giants for a late round pick is a good move. We need an experienced back up. He's not good as a starter, but he can keep the team afloat if Eli goes down for a few games. Very similar to Carr.

FBomb
09-01-2010, 10:45 PM

</P>

He's saying he's glad the Bills DIDN'T...oh never mind.</P>

</P>

Well, you ARE a Bills fan.[:P]</P>

listenup
09-01-2010, 10:49 PM
I gotta say that Lienert to the Giants for a late round pick is a good move. We need an experienced back up. He's not good as a starter, but he can keep the team afloat if Eli goes down for a few games. Very similar to Carr. IDK bout all that.

Also I rather not give up a pick for someone who's gonna get cut.(Most likely)

Morehead State
09-01-2010, 10:55 PM
I gotta say that Lienert to the Giants for a late round pick is a good move. We need an experienced back up. He's not good as a starter, but he can keep the team afloat if Eli goes down for a few games. Very similar to Carr. IDK bout all that.

Also I rather not give up a pick for someone who's gonna get cut.(Most likely)</P>

He won't get cut. They won't get rid of lienert unless they get something for him.</P>

ny06
09-01-2010, 10:58 PM
This is what I think if the Giants get Leinart [+o(]

Morehead State
09-01-2010, 11:01 PM
This is what I think if the Giants get Leinart [+o(]</P>

Do you really want Bomar running this team if Eli goes down?</P>

"Showing flashes" as MMB describes is not enough to manage an offense in a pinch.</P>

Give me a QB who has played meaningful games during the regular season.</P>

ny06
09-01-2010, 11:05 PM
This is what I think if the Giants get Leinart [+o(]</P>

Do you really want Bomar running this team if Eli goes down?</P>

"Showing flashes" as MMB describes is not enough to manage an offense in a pinch.</P>

Give me a QB who has played meaningful games during the regular season.</P>

</P>

Read any of my previous posts about Leinart.</P>

I have also stated that the Giants must find a reliable vet QB to back up Eli.</P>

I for one am not comfortable with an inexperienced QB </P>

*Edit I also think Leinart sucks</P>

pheonix73
09-01-2010, 11:06 PM
GIANTS GOT LEINART...... B**L F*****G S**T!!!

berya
09-01-2010, 11:07 PM
Does not sound like a good team player. I hope it's not true. Don't want him.

mikgaes
09-01-2010, 11:23 PM
Everybody watch FOX 5. The sports is about to come on.

Bavaro4Prez
09-01-2010, 11:26 PM
There is a better chance of Tobey Maguire becoming a pro wrestler than us acquiring Leinhart.

jmike
09-01-2010, 11:43 PM

</p>

He's saying he's glad the Bills DIDN'T...oh never mind.</p>

</p>

Well, you ARE a Bills fan.[:P]</p>

</p>

No I'm not. I was responding to the Bills fan
</p>

Bavaro4Prez
09-01-2010, 11:51 PM
FOX 5 just said the Giants said the rumor Leinhart is coming to the Giants is false, and he is currently still a Cardinal. Where I presume he will stay until cut, because no one will trade for him.

BigBlueOnes
09-02-2010, 12:04 AM
Sirius NFL tonight at about 8PM said that when all three teams were asked the Bills and Bears DENIED the rumor, the Giants did NOT comment. Take it for what it's worth. Sounded like we're in the hunt. Not sure I'm happy about that. Oh look carefully at the post above, Fox 5 said "Leinart coming to the Giants was false". Sirius more or less said the teams IN NEGOTIATIONS might be the Giants, by default since they didn't comment.

Homerjones
09-02-2010, 12:17 AM
How about Jeff Garcia, currently wasting away in UFL Omaha? Would probably sign for league minimum, no draft choices necessary. And a great mentor for Bomar...

BigBlueOnes
09-02-2010, 12:21 AM
How about Jeff Garcia, currently wasting away in UFL Omaha? Would probably sign for league minimum, no draft choices necessary. And a great mentor for Bomar...

+1 this. Didn't he lose to us badly once, and kill us once??

jmike
09-02-2010, 12:26 AM

+1 this. Didn't he lose to us badly once, and kill us once??

My understanding of Garcia is he is not a good mentor for anyone.

rebelfan1966
09-02-2010, 01:16 AM
Mattie?</P>

*</P>

LMAO, how fitting!!

Archie - I always wanted a lefty..lol

hutch
09-02-2010, 01:31 AM
wow just got home and saw this thread... poor petergriffen .....lol....i get the feeling anything he ever writes again will be verified twice before posted...not that thats a bad idea

ibleedblue85
09-02-2010, 01:53 AM
dont know if this link was posted or not but you are wrong my dear.</P>

</P>

Among the teams the Cardinals called were the <FONT color=#004276>Giants</FONT> (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/sports/profootball/nationalfootballleague/newyorkgiants/index.html?inline=nyt-org), who need an experienced backup for <FONT color=#004276>Eli Manning</FONT> (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/people/m/eli_manning/index.html?inline=nyt-per) after putting Jim Sorgi on season-ending injured reserve Tuesday. Talks with the Giants did not go far, though, according to a person with knowledge of the talks. The Giants have no real interest in Leinart, who has made clear in interviews that he wants to be a starter. </P>

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/02/sports/football/02nfl.html</P>

myles2424
09-02-2010, 01:59 AM

*</P>

Among the teams the Cardinals called were the <FONT color=#004276>Giants</FONT> (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/sports/profootball/nationalfootballleague/newyorkgiants/index.html?inline=nyt-org), who need an experienced backup for <FONT color=#004276>Eli Manning</FONT> (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/people/m/eli_manning/index.html?inline=nyt-per) after putting Jim Sorgi on season-ending injured reserve Tuesday. Talks with the Giants did not go far, though, according to a person with knowledge of the talks. The Giants have no real interest in Leinart, who has made clear in interviews that he wants to be a starter. </P>

Is that you in the pic?

ibleedblue85
09-02-2010, 02:04 AM

</P>

Is that you in the pic?</P>

yeah.. lol?</P>

G-ManSB42
09-02-2010, 02:22 AM
So Leinart is mad about possibly being a back up for this season so he wants to be a Giant where he'd be a back up for the rest of his career. This thread should be deleted

myles2424
09-02-2010, 02:33 AM

*</P>

yeah.. lol?</P>
Sexy, lets see some more pics..

Zeph
09-02-2010, 03:01 AM
Great line. What's next "a/s/l"

And I'd be surprised If the giants even listened to the entire voicemail for leinert.

*</P>

yeah.. lol?</P>

blueconsole
09-02-2010, 05:15 AM
I don't know how to quote but I would also like to see additional pics of said attractive female.

jmike
09-02-2010, 11:26 AM

k, this needs an eyeroll emoticon.

slipknottin
09-02-2010, 11:28 AM
So shouldn't this thread be removed now? Seeing as it's false?

ibleedblue85
09-02-2010, 11:46 AM
So shouldn't this thread be removed now? Seeing as it's false?</P>

im very surprised it is still up myself slip.</P>

YATittle1962
09-02-2010, 11:49 AM

aaaahhhhhhh envy

;)

slipknottin
09-02-2010, 11:51 AM
So shouldn't this thread be removed now? Seeing as it's false?</P>

im very surprised it is still up myself slip.</P>

Btw, I think the boys want you to give them some more pictures of nicks. Personally I don't find him all that attractive, but to each their own.

jmike
09-02-2010, 11:52 AM
So shouldn't this thread be removed now? Seeing as it's false?</p>

im very surprised it is still up myself slip.</p>

Leave it up to serve as a reminder of exactly what rumors are. Besides, it'd be funny to see this if he does end up on the Giants over the next couple of weeks.

jmike
09-02-2010, 11:53 AM

aaaahhhhhhh envy

;)

LOL, bite me.

slipknottin
09-02-2010, 11:53 AM

aaaahhhhhhh envy