PDA

View Full Version : Bucs Fewell HC

Redeyejedi
01-14-2012, 12:56 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2012/01/are-the-bucs-waiting-to-re-fewell

Firenugget
01-14-2012, 01:00 PM
This may play out interesting. Spags is still unemployed, right? I wonder if they (Giants) asked him to wait before making a decision on where to go for as long as he could.

MikeIsaGiant
01-14-2012, 01:04 PM
This is interesting, no matter what happens in the playoffs, I am excited for off-season as well. It's going to be pretty cool

NY_Eli
01-14-2012, 01:06 PM
Sounds like a Rooney rule situation to me imo. While they may have a legitimate interest in Fewell, it sounded like they wanted to go with a more experienced head coach.

gmen0820
01-14-2012, 01:23 PM
Sounds like a Rooney rule situation to me imo. While they may have a legitimate interest in Fewell, it sounded like they wanted to go with a more experienced head coach.Experience = money

Glazers = broke.

TroyArcher
01-14-2012, 01:25 PM
A few good games does not a Head Coach make.

NY_Eli
01-14-2012, 01:28 PM
Sounds like a Rooney rule situation to me imo. While they may have a legitimate interest in Fewell, it sounded like they wanted to go with a more experienced head coach.Experience = money

Glazers = broke.

Coaching in the nfl is the highest honor a coach can achieve, and there's only 32 possible positions. If they want an experienced coach, they'll be able to find one.

I don't think guys like Mike Sherman would turn down the chance to coach again because of a money issue.

Firenugget
01-14-2012, 01:38 PM

Glazers = broke.

Coaching in the nfl is the highest honor a coach can achieve, and there's only 32 possible positions. If they want an experienced coach, they'll be able to find one.

I don't think guys like Mike Sherman would turn down the chance to coach again because of a money issue.

Maybe money wouldn't be as big of an issue if the situation is ideal. Not sure how ideal the Bucs are when last year Morris was their pride and joy coach and after suffering a setback one year (which isn't an unheard of occurrence in the NFL) he's promptly fired....I wouldn't want to waste my time if the money isn't right.

XxBigWhitxX
01-14-2012, 01:42 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2012/01/are-the-bucs-waiting-to-re-fewellI'f Spags is still jobless when the season is over I'd be all for Perry being the Bucs new HC. if not then HELL NO!!!

BornLegend
01-14-2012, 01:43 PM
If I were Fewell I wouldn't touch that job with Brees, Newton and Ryan(yeah we crushed the Falcons but they're still a good team) in that division. The Bucs are about to become the Cleveland Browns of the NFC South.

NY_Eli
01-14-2012, 02:37 PM

Glazers = broke.

Maybe money wouldn't be as big of an issue if the situation is ideal. Not sure how ideal the Bucs are when last year Morris was their pride and joy coach and after suffering a setback one year (which isn't an unheard of occurrence in the NFL) he's promptly fired....I wouldn't want to waste my time if the money isn't right.

True, good point. I can't imagine a good coach taking a job in Oakland for the same reason.

But I still think this could be a Rooney rule thing as the 4 coaches they've interviewed so far are white.

BornLegend
01-14-2012, 03:14 PM

Glazers = broke.

True, good point. I can't imagine a good coach taking a job in Oakland for the same reason.

But I still think this could be a Rooney rule thing as the 4 coaches they've interviewed so far are white.I hope that's not the case in 2012. When Al Davis was alive he might've been running an awkward business but he surely wasn't being racist.

Redeyejedi
01-14-2012, 03:53 PM
Is Fewell that much different then the Guy they just fired. He is actually a good canidate for the personal the team has on defense