PDA

View Full Version : Lets give Rodgers the Montana treatment

TroyArcher
01-14-2012, 12:30 PM
Lets let him feel like Joe did after being hit by Burt and Marshall. Hard to play with your belt when you don't know where your'e at.

Coach Carter
01-14-2012, 12:56 PM
Lets let him feel like Joe did after being hit by Burt and Marshall. Hard to play with your belt when you don't know where your'e at.

That would be nice. I was imagining JPP knocking Rogers out as he tried to run away from the other pass rushers.

TroyArcher
01-14-2012, 01:03 PM

That would be nice. I was imagining JPP knocking Rogers out as he tried to run away from the other pass rushers.

If they play with the same intensity they have the past few weeks (I am confident they will) Rodgers will be hit and hit often. Jiust don't go for the fake pass. Asd he faking gear it up and hit him even harder. I would trade a completed pass for a hard hit in the mid-section.

bgblucru5656
01-14-2012, 01:31 PM
i see rodgers getting blindsided by jpp full force. not coming back in the 2nd half. lol

Gunakor
01-14-2012, 04:11 PM
I find it funny that the biggest solution I hear coming from these boards as a far as dealing with Aaron Rodgers is to knock him out of the game. No talk of scheme or tactics within the rules of the game, just, you know, hit Rodgers in the head as hard as you can and knock him out. Problem solved.

You guys are too classy for this. You aren't Bears fans or Eagles fans. What's the deal?

greenca190
01-14-2012, 04:19 PM
I find it funny that the biggest solution I hear coming from these boards as a far as dealing with Aaron Rodgers is to knock him out of the game.* No talk of scheme or tactics within the rules of the game, just, you know, hit Rodgers in the head as hard as you can and knock him out.* Problem solved.

You guys are too classy for this.* You aren't Bears fans or Eagles fans.* What's the deal?

Last I checked, putting pressure on the opposing teams quarterback us both legal and a popular schematical way of dismantling a high powered offenses like the packers.

Or did we all forget how football was played prior to three years ago?

Gunakor
01-14-2012, 04:22 PM
I find it funny that the biggest solution I hear coming from these boards as a far as dealing with Aaron Rodgers is to knock him out of the game. No talk of scheme or tactics within the rules of the game, just, you know, hit Rodgers in the head as hard as you can and knock him out. Problem solved.

You guys are too classy for this. You aren't Bears fans or Eagles fans. What's the deal?

Last I checked, putting pressure on the opposing teams quarterback us both legal and a popular schematical way of dismantling a high powered offenses like the packers.

Pressure is one thing, but you guys are talking about intentionally injuring Rodgers. Then I mention what Flynn has recently done and the response from this board is to injure him too so we have to play our 3rd string QB. Just knock them the F out is all you guys are saying.

Just play better football and you should win without having to knock anybody the F out.

miked1958
01-14-2012, 04:45 PM
I was saying that the other day

dave56dj
01-14-2012, 04:54 PM
The truth about football is you wanna hit guys hard and legal - and if they leave a game due to a legal hit so be it. If you can pummel Rogers and he has to leave so be it. No one - at least not that i can see, is rooting for a cheap shot - but if we can manhandle him like we did Brady in the Superbowl DO IT.

Flynn showed some great flashes in that Detroit game - actually more then flashes a terrific game - but it was one game and im sure packer fans are less confident in flynn then A Rod. And if we hit Flynn like we are hitting Aaron (which is assumed he IF he is out of the game) we feel good about our chances.

The Giants game plan defensively has been the same for many years GET HOME - hit the QB and hit him often. Lots of stunts - some fire zone - bull rushing - osi speed rushing - whatever it takes - GET HOME - Nothing wrong with that. And nothing classless about that.

jomo
01-14-2012, 04:56 PM
Bamm!

Gunakor
01-14-2012, 05:12 PM
The truth about football is you wanna hit guys hard and legal - and if they leave a game due to a legal hit so be it. If you can pummel Rogers and he has to leave so be it. No one - at least not that i can see, is rooting for a cheap shot - but if we can manhandle him like we did Brady in the Superbowl DO IT.

Flynn showed some great flashes in that Detroit game - actually more then flashes a terrific game - but it was one game and im sure packer fans are less confident in flynn then A Rod. And if we hit Flynn like we are hitting Aaron (which is assumed he IF he is out of the game) we feel good about our chances.

The Giants game plan defensively has been the same for many years GET HOME - hit the QB and hit him often. Lots of stunts - some fire zone - bull rushing - osi speed rushing - whatever it takes - GET HOME - Nothing wrong with that. And nothing classless about that.

Nothing classless about trying to sack the QB. The lack of class comes from those who root for injury. Whether it comes from a cheap shot or not, you don't root for an injury. And there's plenty of you guys doing just that.

dave56dj
01-14-2012, 05:16 PM
Well this fan is rooting for us to Pummel Rogers - just as you are rooting for the Pack to pummel Eli.

Gunakor
01-14-2012, 05:20 PM
Well this fan is rooting for us to Pummel Rogers - just as you are rooting for the Pack to pummel Eli.

I'm rooting for us to get after Eli (won't happen, but one can hope), but if Green Bay can't beat New York without knocking Eli out of the game then I'm not sure they deserve the victory in the first place.

If all you Giants fans are suggesting is a ferocious pass rush against Rodgers then I'm sorry for the mistake. I see the words "Knock Rodgers the F out" and "Knock Flynn the F out too" in various threads and get the feeling like you guys are actually rooting for injury.

RagTime Blue
01-14-2012, 05:23 PM
I'm all for making him not WANT to come back and finish the game.

But I'm not looking to see him get hurt. Just bruised ego.

jomo
01-14-2012, 05:37 PM
Burt.........BAMM!</P>

Marshall............BAMM!!</P>

Go Blue!!!</P>

greenca190
01-14-2012, 06:54 PM
I find it funny that the biggest solution I hear coming from these boards as a far as dealing with Aaron Rodgers is to knock him out of the game.* No talk of scheme or tactics within the rules of the game, just, you know, hit Rodgers in the head as hard as you can and knock him out.* Problem solved.

You guys are too classy for this.* You aren't Bears fans or Eagles fans.* What's the deal?

Pressure is one thing, but you guys are talking about intentionally injuring Rodgers.* Then I mention what Flynn has recently done and the response from this board is to injure him too so we have to play our 3rd string QB.* Just knock them the F out is all you guys are saying.

Just play better football and you should win without having to knock anybody the F out.

I didn't see that in this thread. Haven't really been keeping up with the board this week though. Playoff time is usually the worst time to come on here.

GOBIGBLUE52
01-14-2012, 07:24 PM
I think a lot of people are forgetting Rodgers has been sacked 36 times this year in 15 games. That averages to 2.4 sacks a game. He's tough, he isn't Brady. Teams HAVE hit him a lot, doesn't help.

greenca190
01-14-2012, 07:49 PM
I think a lot of people are forgetting Rodgers has been sacked 36 times this year in 15 games. That averages to 2.4 sacks a game. He's tough, he isn't Brady. Teams HAVE hit him a lot, doesn't help.

Any quarterback is susceptible to bad plays when they are routinely hit time and time again. Watch the chiefs/packers game again.

Dirt66
01-14-2012, 07:58 PM
Would LOVE to see that happen! I remeber watching Montana on both the Burt hit (and LT int ) then the Marshall demolition.........GO GIANTS!!!! <FONT color=#000080>ALL IN</FONT>

Voldamort
01-14-2012, 07:59 PM
Would love that and FLYNN TOO

NYG6timeworldchamps
01-14-2012, 08:59 PM
Would LOVE to see that happen! I remeber watching Montana on both the Burt hit (and LT int ) then the Marshall demolition.........GO GIANTS!!!!**** <FONT color=#000080>ALL IN</FONT>

The Marshall hit is an automatic 15 yard penalty now. Loved it when it happened then.

weeds123
01-14-2012, 09:07 PM

I'm rooting for us to get after Eli (won't happen, but one can hope), but if Green Bay can't beat New York without knocking Eli out of the game then I'm not sure they deserve the victory in the first place.

If all you Giants fans are suggesting is a ferocious pass rush against Rodgers then I'm sorry for the mistake. I see the words "Knock Rodgers the F out" and "Knock Flynn the F out too" in various threads and get the feeling like you guys are actually rooting for injury.

Is it ok then, to root for someone to take out Eli's knee? These guys don't get it until THEIR guy goes down. Frankly, I've noted the propensity for stupid talk like that here as well ... and I can guarantee you one thing's for damned sure, the mental midgets making comments like that have never played. A competitor will NEVER look to end another competitor's career.

Voldamort
01-14-2012, 09:28 PM
A beating

weeds123
01-14-2012, 09:45 PM
"A beating" is acceptable terminology. Good form.