PDA

View Full Version : Giant Win Sends them to San Fran

Joe Morrison
01-14-2012, 09:30 PM
Now that the 49ers pulled off the home field win it's time for the GMEN to take care of business.

Eli TO Shockey
01-14-2012, 09:32 PM
ill be there!!

ALL IN!!

NYGRealityCheck
01-14-2012, 09:33 PM
The Packers will be the toughest challenge for the Giants in this playoffs. Get past them and it's clear sails to the finish line.

THE_New_York_Giants
01-14-2012, 09:34 PM
The Packers will be the toughest challenge for the Giants in this playoffs. Get past them and it's clear sails to the finish line.
hell no it isn't. The 49ers proved today that they are no easy victory. They are a great team.

NYGRealityCheck
01-14-2012, 09:36 PM
hell no it isn't. The 49ers proved today that they are no easy victory. They are a great team.

It's all about matchups and the 49ers do not match up well against the Giants. Giants will beat 49ers guaranteed.

ajd121
01-14-2012, 09:37 PM
+4 turnover ration and they won by four... The Saints gave them this game.

Gunakor
01-14-2012, 09:38 PM

The Niners are a much more complete team than Green Bay. The Packers lean on their QB to win. The Niners can beat you in a number of different ways.

gsp3
01-14-2012, 09:38 PM

It's all about matchups and the 49ers do not match up well against the Giants. Giants will beat 49ers guaranteed.

Yes, that's why we lost to them the first time? I really hate confident homers. Stop being one. One game at a time, any given sunday. Please put those words to use.

THE_New_York_Giants
01-14-2012, 09:39 PM

Yes, that's why we lost to them the first time? I really hate confident homers. Stop being one. One game at a time, any given sunday. Please put those words to use.
We still have to beat the Packers first...

NYGRealityCheck
01-14-2012, 09:39 PM

Turnovers that were earned by the SF defense making plays not really the Saints making mistakes except the fumbled punt return.

Not making replies to sudden posts crowning the 49ers after they knocked off the Saints, which many were crowning beforehand. If anyone wants to be legit, call it BEFORE the game instead of jumping on the bandwagon.

NYtoSanDiego
01-14-2012, 09:48 PM
i think for a lot of fans including myself feel we have a better shot of winning at the stick than winning at the dome against the saints. now its just a matter of winning tomorrow.

BornLegend
01-14-2012, 09:52 PM

Turnovers that were earned by the SF defense making plays not really the Saints making mistakes except the fumbled punt return.

Not making replies to sudden posts crowning the 49ers after they knocked off the Saints, which many were crowning beforehand. If anyone wants to be legit, call it BEFORE the game instead of jumping on the bandwagon.We gave San Fran our biggest punch and still came up short. I hope you don't think they're gonna just lay down for us or the game is gonna play out exactly the same way it did the 1st time. If so, you're REAL clueless.

NYGRealityCheck
01-14-2012, 09:53 PM

Looks like someone needs an All In towel. Giants are playing better and they're just not the same team that played those game in the regular season. They have lost to all the remaining NFC playoff teams going into this weekend and anyone can easily just jump on that. Any given Sunday for the fans but in the playoffs for the players, they play to win and believe they will. They do not go into playoff games with the mentality of any given sunday.

NYGRealityCheck
01-14-2012, 09:56 PM

Not making replies to sudden posts crowning the 49ers after they knocked off the Saints, which many were crowning beforehand. If anyone wants to be legit, call it BEFORE the game instead of jumping on the bandwagon.We gave San Fran our biggest punch and still came up short. I hope you don't think they're gonna just lay down for us or the game is gonna play out exactly the same way it did the 1st time. If so, you're REAL clueless.

No one lays down for anybody in the playoffs.
Obviously you didn't see San Fran's offense in that game. They're definitely vulnerable for a team with defense like the red hot Giants.

BlueReign
01-14-2012, 10:00 PM

Frisco TOOK it from them.

BornLegend
01-14-2012, 10:01 PM

Obviously you didn't see San Fran's offense in that game. They're definitely vulnerable for a team with defense like the red hot Giants.Yeah I did see their offense when the game was on the line. They didn't score once but twice. You act like the Saints don't bring pressure. How many mistakes did Smith make today?

weeds123
01-14-2012, 10:01 PM
Now that the 49ers pulled off the home field win it's time for the GMEN to take care of business.

Giant loss send 'em back to East Rutherford...

BornLegend
01-14-2012, 10:02 PM

Frisco TOOK it from them.
Exactly!

barran21
01-14-2012, 10:04 PM

You Smoking right? that defense is great, it's not like we have a Brees type offense...

NYGRealityCheck
01-14-2012, 10:21 PM

Obviously you didn't see San Fran's offense in that game. They're definitely vulnerable for a team with defense like the red hot Giants.Yeah I did see their offense when the game was on the line. They didn't score once but twice. You act like the Saints don't bring pressure. How many mistakes did Smith make today?

I agree he didn't make any major mistakes except the lost fumble. But let's look at the stats for that game...

Alex Smith 24 for 42 (57%), 299 yards, 3 TDs (1 rushing TD), 1 lost fumble. 180 yards of it to Vernon Davis their TE, another 38 yards to the RB Gore. That leaves us with less than 100 yards to the rest of their WR core. Vernon Davis devastated the Saints to the last game-winning TD.

If the Giants shut down Gore (which they did in the first game 6 carries 0 yards left with injury) and do a better job in coverage against Davis (who did score a TD on the Giants in that game on a crossing route), SF offense would have to pull rabbits out of their hat (not saying they can't).

However, I also agree every game is differently prepared and I'm sure they would do things differently against their next opponent than they did with the Saints.

So why don't we just all Go Giants! Gotta beat the Packers first! and look past this.

Voldamort
01-14-2012, 10:22 PM
yes sir now it's Eli's time Go-GMEN!!!

giantsforce
01-14-2012, 10:29 PM

It's all about matchups and the 49ers do not match up well against the Giants. Giants will beat 49ers guaranteed.Mauve they will beat them next year, if they do not take care of business in GB. One game at a time folks. We have not gone past GB yet.

derekunion28
01-14-2012, 10:31 PM
hell no it isn't. The 49ers proved today that they are no easy victory. They are a great team.true

JJC7301
01-14-2012, 10:32 PM
A lot of guys on these boards are sounding too much like homers. I'm not saying that we can't beat anybody, but give the 49ers their due -- they were 13-3 during the season and just beat a team that's handed us our lunch twice over the past few years.

SF is tough, and my hats off to them. I'm sick of these insanely-sick offenses.

weeds123
01-14-2012, 10:44 PM
A lot of guys on these boards are sounding too much like homers. I'm not saying that we can't beat anybody, but give the 49ers their due -- they were 13-3 during the season and just beat a team that's handed us our lunch twice over the past few years.

Good post JJC. The 9'ers just flat out, kicked the Saints around. I'm a firm believer that the harder you work, the luckier you get ... fact is that the 9'ers just beat 'em with hard nosed defense and enough offense to cover their tracks. My hat is off to the 9'ers as well. They played the game the way it is supposed to be played.

NYGRealityCheck
01-14-2012, 10:50 PM

Talking about giving dues, that goes to the people that were worried about possibly playing against the Saints in NO for the championship game and crowning all the high-powered offenses before the weekend. While the few who actually watched these teams play their regular season games thought San Fran had a good chance at winning this game at home....

NYtoSanDiego
01-14-2012, 11:03 PM

yeah but they handed our lunch at the dome. the saints are completely different team at home vs. away and especially outdoors. they're still explosive but they feed off the home crowd better than any team in the nfl after a big play.

while the saints has a running game, its more of a finesse run game. when the giants win tomorrow cause "i'm all in" i can't wait to see how jacobs and bradshaw does the 2nd time around againts the niners 1st and 2nd level.

NYfanatic
01-14-2012, 11:05 PM
We can do it. Beat the Packers and I think this team knows the niners are not easy from their game against them this season and the Ravens/Pats in the bowl we know the giants will show up and I think the Giants should win every game here on out. Giants have a great D now and a great O. best team in the league. If we had everyone healthy we would be unstoppable.

NYtoSanDiego
01-14-2012, 11:05 PM

Talking about giving dues, that goes to the people that were worried about possibly playing against the Saints in NO for the championship game and crowning all the high-powered offenses before the weekend. While the few who actually watched these teams play their regular season games thought San Fran had a good chance at winning this game at home....

i did. i said it to fellow giants fans at home. if the niners can hold the saints to 14 or less going into the 2nd half they have a shot. you don't want to be down 3+ tds to the saints or packers going into halftime.

BlueReign
01-14-2012, 11:10 PM

I agree he didn't make any major mistakes except the lost fumble. But let's look at the stats for that game...

Alex Smith 24 for 42 (57%), 299 yards, 3 TDs (1 rushing TD), 1 lost fumble. 180 yards of it to Vernon Davis their TE, another 38 yards to the RB Gore. That leaves us with less than 100 yards to the rest of their WR core. Vernon Davis devastated the Saints to the last game-winning TD.

If the Giants shut down Gore (which they did in the first game 6 carries 0 yards left with injury) and do a better job in coverage against Davis (who did score a TD on the Giants in that game on a crossing route), SF offense would have to pull rabbits out of their hat (not saying they can't).

However, I also agree every game is differently prepared and I'm sure they would do things differently against their next opponent than they did with the Saints.

So why don't we just all Go Giants! Gotta beat the Packers first! and look past this.
Those are some big "ifs". Frank Gore is really tough and they have a solid O-Line, and we haven't had the best success in recent history at slowing down TEs.

cornerback30
01-14-2012, 11:13 PM
Don't care man if we can beat the Packers you have to like our chances against the 9ers being we played them tooth n nail earlier this year.I think we can run the table if we win the next one.

gsp3
01-14-2012, 11:34 PM
Why is this still a discussion. =/ Lets play the Pack first and see where we are!

greenca190
01-14-2012, 11:46 PM
I'm not one to look in the future (especially when we're not guaranteed a future after tomorrow), but I'd much rather play a team led by a rookie coach than a team led by a coach/quarterback combination that have been to the super bowl and won it.

San Fran is no easy match. But let's not kid ourselves here. This team wasn't 15-1, defending Super Bowl champs for nothing.