PDA

View Full Version : SF just played OUR game

JJC7301
01-14-2012, 09:34 PM
I'm going on the SF boards to congrats because that was an incredible win. They played the game that we need to play tomorrow -- I just hope that there is one more win like that left in the playoffs and it's us tomorrow vs the Pack.

And they basically did win a shoot-out, but the D did enough to limit Brees and NO. HATS OFF TO SF -- I'd love to see ALL of these insane offensive teams knocked out!!

weeds123
01-14-2012, 09:38 PM
You are exactly correct.

BlueReign
01-14-2012, 09:40 PM
I'm going on the SF boards to congrats because that was an incredible win. They played the game that we need to play tomorrow -- I just hope that there is one more win like that left in the playoffs and it's us tomorrow vs the Pack.

And they basically did win a shoot-out, but the D did enough to limit Brees and NO. HATS OFF TO SF -- I'd love to see ALL of these insane offensive teams knocked out!!
That defense is something. They got some hitters and ballhawks in the secondary, the best LB corps in the league and an intense pass rush. Whoever they play next week is going to that their hands full.

Voldamort
01-14-2012, 09:49 PM
They played well,The New York Football Giants will play better and they have to the packers are the defending Superbowel Champs!!

weeds123
01-14-2012, 09:54 PM

That defense is something. They got some hitters and ballhawks in the secondary, the best LB corps in the league and an intense pass rush. Whoever they play next week is going to that their hands full.

Boy, you've got that right. I don't treasure the thought of playing the Giants tomorrow and then, theoretically, the 9'ers next week. I have a feeling that 49'er team is going to be a pain-in-the-***** for a number of years to come.

BlueReign
01-14-2012, 09:56 PM

Boy, you've got that right. I don't treasure the thought of playing the Giants tomorrow and then, theoretically, the 9'ers next week. I have a feeling that 49'er team is going to be a pain-in-the-***** for a number of years to come.

You could say that again. Imagine if they pulled off a trade for someone like Matt Flynn? They're a solid QB away from a dynasty.

NYfanatic
01-14-2012, 09:57 PM
Gmen if they beat the pack will beat the niners. No doubt beating a team like the packers would be huge for us and we would like to avenge the San Fran loss earlier this season we barely lost.

JJC7301
01-14-2012, 10:08 PM

You got a great team there and they are the best at 15-1 and the defending champs. I give my team a legit shot, but you guys have a loaded team with lots of talent.

I'm really happy for the 49ers. Nobody has been talking about them. All the talk has been about GB, NO, and the Giants (in our market). I couldn't understand why the 49ers were such an after-thought. Good for them, and glad to see that DEFENSE CAN STILL WIN!!

JJC7301
01-14-2012, 10:10 PM
Gmen if they beat the pack will beat the niners. No doubt beating a team like the packers would be huge for us and we would like to avenge the San Fran loss earlier this season we barely lost.

I feel that we can match up against anyone, but that was an impressive win. I didn't see it, but I understand that Gore didn't do much. If that's true, then wow -- Alex Smith really pulled it out. They're a lot more dangerous than Giants fans are giving them credit for (if we get that far). IF we get past the Pack, please, don't think the 49ers aren't hungry either.

TroyArcher
01-14-2012, 10:10 PM
Eli is about 100 times better than Alex Smith. He sucked for most of the game. I will give him credit for coming back at the end but his incompetemnce was the only reason the Saints even had a chance.

JJC7301
01-14-2012, 10:20 PM
Eli is about 100 times better than Alex Smith. He sucked for most of the game. I will give him credit for coming back at the end but his incompetemnce was the only reason the Saints even had a chance.
I didn't see the game -- only listened to half of the 4th quarter on the radio.

Alex Smith has not sucked this year -- he's been very good. People are refusing to give him any type of credit...just like Eli gets from other fans.

giantsforce
01-15-2012, 12:45 AM
Eli is about 100 times better than Alex Smith. He sucked for most of the game. I will give him credit for coming back at the end but his incompetemnce was the only reason the Saints even had a chance.The only time that Smith sucked was when NO brought pressure on him but they did not keep it up all game.

scoopscj
01-15-2012, 01:13 AM
What an awesome game that was. Big credit to SF and Alex Smith. Amazing job. Michael Crabtree did not impress but Davis did as well as those ball hawking defensive players. Any team playing them next is going to have their hands full.

Scoops

MikeIsaGiant
01-15-2012, 01:21 AM
Great game, I love their type of game and if we lose to the Pack tomorrow, i'm all in for the 49ers making the SB

arrjay
01-15-2012, 01:55 AM
Eli is about 100 times better than Alex Smith. He sucked for most of the game. I will give him credit for coming back at the end but his incompetemnce was the only reason the Saints even had a chance. I didn't see the game -- only listened to half of the 4th quarter on the radio. Alex Smith has not sucked this year -- he's been very good. People are refusing to give him any type of credit...just like Eli gets from other fans.</P>

</P>

Say what you will about him... but Alex Smith had a great game today........[:O]</P>

SweetZombieJesus
01-15-2012, 06:56 AM
When's the last time you saw Brees hold onto the ball and start scrambling because of the coverage? Loved it. Just wish it could have been us doing it to him.

weeds123
01-15-2012, 07:59 AM
You got a great team there and they are the best at 15-1 and the defending champs. I give my team a legit shot, but you guys have a loaded team with lots of talent.

I'm really happy for the 49ers. Nobody has been talking about them. All the talk has been about GB, NO, and the Giants (in our market). I couldn't understand why the 49ers were such an after-thought. Good for them, and glad to see that DEFENSE CAN STILL WIN!!

Thanks JJC, your guys are no slouches neither. I do not cherish all of the possible outcomes of today's game as a Packers' fan. This Giants team has the potential to make life considerably miserable for a team like Green Bay. Unabashedly and unapologetic "pass first" ... running game a mirage for the most part and don't even get me started on the defense with nobody filling Cullen Jenkins cleats and Nick Collins on I.R. I am not a tunnel-vision fan...today's game is 50-50 and a coin flip in my book. I'm not even being patronizing - I'm an a-hole by nature and can't play that game. I'll take it one-step further and will predict that whomever has the ball last today, wins this game.

Still, however this thing turns out today...I believe the winner of today's game goes to the Super Bowl. No disrespect to the 49'ers intended -- honestly, the 9'ers have always been my second favorite team -- do you by any chance remember John Brodie to Gene Washington of the early to mid-70's? Well, as a teen, I fell in love with the 9'ers colors...hahaha... and the Pack were so gawd awful, I needed someone to root for in the playoffs ... anyway.... the Giants win today, I will still be pulling for the Giants...know why? The coach of the 49'ers is a flippin' Bear - 9'ers win, Bears fans will be seizing on that as a 'victory by proxy' ... and I'm not shi**in' you. So... we'll have NONE of that nonsense.

I'm with you 100%...I love the game where there is defense to be had. In today's "early and often gratification" NFL society, a good defense will always catch my admiring eye.