PDA

View Full Version : We look ok but ..................I guess a *** off Colts team may

Searge21
09-12-2010, 07:14 PM
These are my takes from the game. Was a crazy day for me because I had military duty and went to a friends house and started the game over (Tivoed) at about 2pm. Her dvr wasnt extended to go beyond 4 as mine at home was so the game stopped with about 8 mins left in 4th qtr. I did however see the final score but I am about to watch final 8 minutes of 4th qtr as I like to see how overall we did; no matter if I know the score or not.

My takes from what I saw though are that

Damn Kevin Boss just seems to always takes some kind of hit that either hurts him or puts him out a few playes lol. I mean I just don't know, but Eli in today's game was high and a little behind on alot of passes, requiring the reciever to make sort of acrobatic catches. He just needs to put the ball more in front of the recievers and I think we will have much better results most of the time, PERIOD!!

Is it me or Madison Hedge**** was getting ate up alot on alot of his blocks mainly in the first half? Was it the O-line in the first half just being bad or was it Carolina's D being that good. At least they regrouped in 2nd half and hopefully it carries over into next week.

Terrel Thomas had a good game, but lately it seems as if he has been missing some tackles pretty much . It goes back to last yr as well but I like the way he is playing minus the missed tackles.

Kenny Phillips looks like he should be prime now. I believe he was maily getting his feel back and maybe lately reacted on a few plays but I'm sure he will get those corrected.

Mario Manningham just looks so smooth in every catch and boy I love watching this guy and just hopes he has his sideline issues straight lol. Hakeem Nicks just can't say enuff about the guy. I wonder at what point he will start to see the coverages that Burress used to see? Maybe never because we have threats all over the feild.

Overall our offensive gameplan was ok but I wondered in first half why it seemed Eli was mainly looking for Nicks it seems. Then he started looking for Smith alot too, then Manningham lol. I just thought possibly we could sneak a lil Cruz in maybe on thier 4th or 5th db and create a little confusion for thier D.

Dodge man ole man does this guy really STANK!!!!!!!!!!! He actually even looks gay; no offense

Our blitzes seem to still be a step or 2 away just like last yr for the most part but our overall D performance was pretty good.

For those who wanted to put Webster in the category of Revis and Asogumah, he isnt there. He prolly overall had a good game but those passes he gave up I doubt Revis and Asogumah would have been fooled like that lol but ofcourse Webster is a star CB in my opinion though.

And what the heck was up with us giving up so many 3rd and Longs?

Searge21
09-12-2010, 07:42 PM
and seems like sometimes the little things like Eli on the 4th and inches play should know he needs to get low on that thing. I mean cum on!!!!!!!!!!

it shouldnt have even have to be measured if Eli just do what is common sense lol

Searge21
09-12-2010, 08:02 PM
great INT for KP , and on the Barden INT i just dont know. I blame both

HighThrows
09-12-2010, 08:04 PM
Next week the giants face a real qb play like they did mark it down its a loss

Searge21
09-12-2010, 08:21 PM
Next week the giants face a real qb play like they did mark it down its a loss

no doubt we need to watch the tape and make the neccessary corrections. I'm mainly concerned for our O-line and running game pretty much and the loss of Boss. I think our D is ready!!!!!!!!

NYG4lifeNYK
09-12-2010, 08:29 PM
It's a new defense with a lot of zone coverage you can't expect C-Web to pick it up immediately without any blemishes. He played very well though. Think he gave up two catches?

Searge21
09-12-2010, 08:57 PM
It's a new defense with a lot of zone coverage you can't expect C-Web to pick it up immediately without any blemishes. He played very well though. Think he gave up two catches?

true true no doubt. On the one drive in 4th quarter though it was man to man where it looked like he got fooled a little bit but sure he aint perfect.

greenca190
09-12-2010, 09:10 PM
Was the Dodge gay comment really necessary?

jmike
09-12-2010, 09:18 PM
Dodge looks gay??? WTF does that mean? And who cares if he is?

Redeyejedi
09-12-2010, 09:20 PM
About the Thomas missed tackle which wasnt missed because he made the tackle.He was one on one with a TE that has 50 pounds on him not sure how many corners that are stopping a TEshort of a first down in that situation.

Redeyejedi
09-12-2010, 09:23 PM
</P>

Yeah someone was saying something on the game thread about C Web are U kidding.Not sure they even threw at him in the first half. He might of gave up 2 catches all game do people expect these guys not to give up any completions christ.</P>

Searge21
09-12-2010, 09:24 PM

maybe he's too busy thinking bout his BF than kicking for the NYG

d7brad
09-12-2010, 09:25 PM
And what the heck was up with us giving up so many 3rd and Longs?

I noticed that on all those plays they sent Thomas on a blitz. Even though I think Thomas is becoming one of the best blitzing corners in the game, it leaves Bruce Johnson covering the main receivers he did not do a good job today.

Searge21
09-12-2010, 09:27 PM
About the Thomas missed tackle which wasnt missed because he made the tackle.He was one on one with a TE that has 50 pounds on him not sure how many corners that are stopping a TEshort of a first down in that situation.

He missed one on Steve Smith as well on a 3rd down play and I think one more. Not gona beat him up just seems going back to last yr he has had some costly misses at crucial times . But I think we will be fine if our overall D keeps this up .

As for Webbie, yeah I backtrack as both those guys can't be perfect no doubt. I guess I was moreso madd at those 3rd and long conversions no matter who it was completed on

jmike
09-12-2010, 09:31 PM

I have heard some idiotic things in my life, but that takes the cake.

Searge21
09-12-2010, 09:41 PM

why so sensitive????????????

might u be in the same boat?

TheAussieGiant
09-12-2010, 09:49 PM

way to ruin an ok thread......and it was your own thread.

GiantWarfare
09-12-2010, 09:52 PM
We looked ok in general when you add in the excellent 2nd half with the terrible 1st half. Nicks = fantasy gem.</P>

My two concerns are ST play (Dodge better learn quick...he's been terrible...and our kickoff coverage has got to be one of the worst in the league) and those 3rd and long conversions by Matt Moore. </P>

Moore is a decent QB at best...converting two or three 3rd &amp; longs in a row is unacceptable despite the punishing pressure we kept on getting on 1st &amp; 2nd down. DBs and LBs got to sure up. Granted we did have 3 picks but I'd say most were on Moore than our secondary making good reads.</P>

Btw these dropped/tipped passes always pisses me off. Whether or not the passes are high...you're an NFL receiver! Make the catch! The ball hits em right in the hands and they bomb...unbelievable. 3 picks all on the receivers....Eli played ok. We better hit the jugs machine before next Sunday...</P>

Peyton's pissed at losing to the Texans...and we're playing at their house...not a good combo. We have some defensive adjustments to make ASAP.</P>

On a good note however: Whatever happened to the Panthers running the ball down our throats again???</P>

Searge21
09-12-2010, 09:53 PM

way to ruin an ok thread......and it was your own thread.

ruined?

really?

I have went to and replied to various threads concerning the same points so my points have been made. Who cares who reply to this one and who don't

Searge21
09-12-2010, 09:55 PM
We looked ok in general when you add in the excellent 2nd half with the terrible 1st half. Nicks = fantasy gem.</p>

My two concerns are ST play (Dodge better learn quick...he's been terrible...and our kickoff coverage has got to be one of the worst in the league) and those 3rd and long conversions by Matt Moore. </p>

Moore is a decent QB at best...converting two or three 3rd &amp; longs in a row is unacceptable despite the punishing pressure we kept on getting on 1st &amp; 2nd down. DBs and LBs got to sure up. Granted we did have 3 picks but I'd say most were on Moore than our secondary making good reads.</p>

Btw these dropped/tipped passes always pisses me off. Whether or not the passes are high...you're an NFL receiver! Make the catch! The ball hits em right in the hands and they bomb...unbelievable. 3 picks all on the receivers....Eli played ok. We better hit the jugs machine before next Sunday...</p>

Peyton's pissed at losing to the Texans...and we're playing at their house...not a good combo. We have some defensive adjustments to make ASAP.</p>

On a good note however: Whatever happened to the Panthers running the ball down our throats again???</p>
good points . I absolutely love when we can shut down the run cause we hardly lose. Minus that one long Williams run and they did next to nothing.

last yr teams were able to run on us rather consistenly

jmike
09-12-2010, 09:59 PM

You are a small minded bigot. Carry on.

Searge21
09-12-2010, 10:09 PM

You are a small minded bigot. Carry on.

did i get to you bigot?