PDA

View Full Version : Retracting my Opinion on the Female Sports Reporter

Jack Robinson
09-15-2010, 12:39 PM
She was interviewed on Today and said she wasn't the one who reported the incident. She tweeted that she was embarrassed by some catcalls in the Jets locker room, and the Association for Women in Sports Media then took it upon themselves to call Woody Johnson and the NFL about the incident. They then ran with the story and made it public. She never took action or contacted anyone about it.

So basically another woman got used by yet another douchy feminist group to push their agenda.

She also said she really wasn't even offended by the incident.

shockeyg
09-15-2010, 12:45 PM
Did you see that *** ? WOW she walks into my work she gets a few catcalls also.

Jack Robinson
09-15-2010, 12:51 PM

I still think the way she came dressed was a joke and don't respect her attempts to play off her "shirt and jeans" as ordinary articles of clothing. There's a big difference between jeans that show every curve of your a'ss and jeans that don't call attention to you, so yes, it's a premeditated act no matter what she says.

That said, this is all on the Association of Women in Sports Media.

Giantz4Life
09-15-2010, 01:15 PM
This chick is a joke though. She's a former pageant queen who decided to become a sports reporter all of the sudden. She even measures the biceps of the players she's interviewing sometimes. Also, she forgot to mention that she had to use a pair of pliers to zip up her apple bottom jeans so that *** could fit in. Any straight male is going to be gawking at that booty, which she is famous for prior to this incident. '
T.O. wouldn't talk to the media, but he sure will talk to her (from 07 or 08):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qcf--HGqPzw&feature=player_embedded

bandwgn86
09-15-2010, 01:19 PM
Did you see that *** ? WOW she walks into my work she gets a few catcalls also.exactly, don't go blaming the dog when you put the bone right in front of him..

Jack Robinson
09-15-2010, 01:22 PM
This chick is a joke though. She's a former pageant queen who decided to become a sports reporter all of the sudden. She even measures the biceps of the players she's interviewing sometimes. Also, she forgot to mention that she had to use a pair of pliers to zip up her apple bottom jeans so that *** could fit in. Any straight male is going to be gawking at that booty, which she is famous for prior to this incident. '

Agreed 100%...but the bottom line is that she wasn't the one who made this a story. A bunch of political windbags did.

CTLadyBlue
09-15-2010, 01:42 PM

Agreed 100%...but the bottom line is that she wasn't the one who made this a story. A bunch of political windbags did.</P>

Is there confirmation of this? Is there a link to a story about this group confessing that they're the ones who initiated it? Until I see that - it's HER version of the story.</P>

I find it a little over the top that a woman's group would suddenly take umbrance and come to the defense of a female reporter who was whistled at. </P>

Jack Robinson
09-15-2010, 02:03 PM

Agreed 100%...but the bottom line is that she wasn't the one who made this a story. A bunch of political windbags did.</P>

Is there confirmation of this?* Is there a link to a story about this group confessing that they're the ones who initiated it?* Until I see that - it's HER version of the story.</P>

I find it a little over the top that a woman's group would suddenly take umbrance and come to the defense of a female reporter who was whistled at.* </P>

Here's the interview on the Today's show. She talks about how she just tweeted being embarrassed, and then the Association of Women in Sports Media took the tweet and called Goodell and asked for an investigation without her permission. The first question she's asked is did she feel harrassed and she said it's a fine line, but no. She said she wouldn't have reported the incident if the Association hadn't called for an investigation.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Sainz-incident-draws-cultural-moral-lines?urn=nfl-269542

What I think she's pathetic for saying is then tweeting "wearing some jeans and boots is not inappropriate" and posting the jeans she wore which show--as the poster above noted--needed a pair of pliers for her a'ss to fit it, and calling that appropriate dress.

Also, I'm not sure why you'd find it strange that a woman's group would do this. A woman's group (I think it was NOW) once took it upon themselves to publicly raise funds for the defense of serial killer Aileen Wurnos.

listenup
09-15-2010, 02:18 PM
I love me some Ines

giantyankee1976
09-15-2010, 02:23 PM
this is a topic for which I could make some statements and come off a little like Clinton did...
so here goes.

I apologize to the women who read what follows:

Sometimes I look at what some of you ladies wear in public and I think, "she HAS to know that she's going to get attention for wearing that."

Attention as in good or bad.

Today's a good example, a very nice young lady with an "onion" was on the elevator with myself and some other wolves, er, guys. Her blouse had a rather flattering V cut and her pants seemed like she was dipped into a vat of denim.

She thought I was cute because she smiled and spoke a few words to me, and wiggled her walk/strutted right in front of me as we walked outdoors.

Now if i was an ugly dude, like your average eagles fan, she might have been offended and embarrassed by the obvious attention she received because of what she was wearing.

the moral:

The Dime Piece Double Standard rears its head

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qcf--HGqPzw&amp;feature=player_embedded

i said damn.

slipknottin
09-15-2010, 02:24 PM
women are attention *****s

bandwgn86
09-15-2010, 03:20 PM
this is a topic for which I could make some statements and come off a little like Clinton did...
so here goes.

Sometimes I look at what some of you ladies wear in public and I think, "she HAS to know that she's going to get attention for wearing that."

Today's a good example, a very nice young lady with an "onion" was on the elevator with myself and some other wolves, er, guys. Her blouse had a rather flattering V cut and her pants seemed like she was dipped into a vat of denim.

She thought I was cute because she smiled and spoke a few words to me, and wiggled her walk/strutted right in front of me as we walked outdoors.

Now if i was an ugly dude, like your average eagles fan, she might have been offended and embarrassed by the obvious attention she received because of what she was wearing.

the moral:

i said damn.

you know the rules....pics or it didn't happen

listenup
09-15-2010, 03:21 PM
so here goes.

the moral:

i said damn.

you know the rules....pics or it didn't happenLOL

giantyankee1976
09-15-2010, 03:26 PM
so here goes.

the moral:

i said damn.

curse you!!! it happened, it really did. 'Sides the point is the Double Standard policy of Beautiful Women of the World....if they dig you, they're never offended. If they think your fugly, they'll cry foul.

curse you Ohio natives [;)]

bandwgn86
09-15-2010, 03:34 PM
so here goes.

the moral:

i said damn.

curse you!!! it happened, it really did. 'Sides the point is the Double Standard policy of Beautiful Women of the World....if they dig you, they're never offended. If they think your fugly, they'll cry foul.

i must be better lookin than i thought.. no sexual harrasment suits have been filed to date lol

gmen46
09-15-2010, 03:55 PM
Bottom line (so to speak) is that, after 3 days of unbelievable media attention to this, there are NO victims here.

It's a clear case of men AND woman behaving badly.

Don't forget, this Ines works for the AZTEC Mexican network, the same net work which pulled that stunt during the 2008 Super Bowl Week where ANOTHER "Ines" dressed in a bridal dress and proposed to Tom Brady.

I'm thinking in the future, sports teams ought to be a little more skeptical about the specific media they grant access to.

This whole event has been an insult to legitimate female sports reporters--like those on NFL Channel and ESPN, and many print sports media, for example.

giantyankee1976
09-15-2010, 03:59 PM
so here goes.

the moral:

i said damn.

i must be better lookin than i thought.. no sexual harrasment suits have been filed to date lol

LOL

never, ever underestimate the power of your 70s handlebar mustache with thick bushy porkchop sideburns man. Never.

It's like we're live action Old Spice models.
Look like a man, man.

DragonSoul
09-15-2010, 06:11 PM
She was interviewed on Today and said she wasn't the one who reported the incident. She tweeted that she was embarrassed by some catcalls in the Jets locker room, and the Association for Women in Sports Media then took it upon themselves to call Woody Johnson and the NFL about the incident. They then ran with the story and made it public. She never took action or contacted anyone about it.

So basically another woman got used by yet another douchy feminist group to push their agenda.

She also said she really wasn't even offended by the incident.Personally I dont think woman should be in the locker room where men are getting showered or dressed, so in that case you would probably have to make it fair and remove the male reporters as well.

I do believe both have the write to report and have the same access, and should be dressed professionally, and if all is done correctly, their should be no issues or problems. If either the player or the said journalist is inappropriate in their attire or remarks, they should be held responsible for it.

While eye candy is fun to look at, it has a place and time for it.

Jack Robinson
09-15-2010, 06:29 PM

She also said she really wasn't even offended by the incident.Personally I dont think woman should be in the locker room where men are getting showered or dressed, so in that case you would probably have to make it fair and remove the male reporters as well.

I do believe both have the write to report and have the same access, and should be dressed professionally, and if all is done correctly, their should be no issues or problems. If either the player or the said journalist is inappropriate in their attire or remarks, they should be held responsible for it.

While eye candy is fun to look at, it has a place and time for it.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

BlueBlitzer
09-15-2010, 07:40 PM

Is there confirmation of this?* Is there a link to a story about this group confessing that they're the ones who initiated it?* Until I see that - it's HER version of the story.</P>

I find it a little over the top that a woman's group would suddenly take umbrance and come to the defense of a female reporter who was whistled at.* </P>

Here's the interview on the Today's show. She talks about how she just tweeted being embarrassed, and then the Association of Women in Sports Media took the tweet and called Goodell and asked for an investigation without her permission. The first question she's asked is did she feel harrassed and she said it's a fine line, but no. She said she wouldn't have reported the incident if the Association hadn't called for an investigation.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Sainz-incident-draws-cultural-moral-lines?urn=nfl-269542

What I think she's pathetic for saying is then tweeting "wearing some jeans and boots is not inappropriate" and posting the jeans she wore which show--as the poster above noted--needed a pair of pliers for her a'ss to fit it, and calling that appropriate dress.

Also, I'm not sure why you'd find it strange that a woman's group would do this. A woman's group (I think it was NOW) once took it upon themselves to publicly raise funds for the defense of serial killer Aileen Wurnos.

National Organization of Whales got upset ?

joeybagadonutz23
09-15-2010, 09:00 PM
Women don't belong in men's locker rooms.

Can I get a job that allows me to head into Anna Kornikova's locker room after the game? I freakin doubt it.

But that being said...no media belongs in any professional sports locker room....period. Way too much access is given to the players these days in hopes of capturing another Ryan Leaf breakdown for the entertainment of bored Americans everywhere. Ridiculous.

jmike
09-15-2010, 10:31 PM

Agreed 100%...but the bottom line is that she wasn't the one who made this a story. A bunch of political windbags did.</p>

Is there confirmation of this? Is there a link to a story about this group confessing that they're the ones who initiated it? Until I see that - it's HER version of the story.</p>

I find it a little over the top that a woman's group would suddenly take umbrance and come to the defense of a female reporter who was whistled at. </p>

You are one of those guys that thinks women who get raped were asking for it based on what they were wearing, aren't you?

jmike
09-15-2010, 10:33 PM

Can I get a job that allows me to head into Anna Kornikova's locker room after the game? I freakin doubt it.

But that being said...no media belongs in any professional sports locker room....period. Way too much access is given to the players these days in hopes of capturing another Ryan Leaf breakdown for the entertainment of bored Americans everywhere. Ridiculous.

I agree with you. Noone but players, coaches and staff should be in the locker room.

jmike
09-15-2010, 10:42 PM
so here goes.

the moral:

i said damn.

IDK about anyone else, but I know sometimes I will attract attention depending on what I wear. Sometimes by design, sometimes not. Either way, doesn't bother me and the person's appearance does not change that. But it should not invite rude, inappropriate comments or suggestions. It also should not invite someone grabbing at me.

My attire should not cause somebody to completely lose the ability to control themselves. I think guys should have the capability to refrain from doing anything but looking.

giantyankee1976
09-16-2010, 07:53 AM
IDK about anyone else, but I know sometimes I will attract attention depending on what I wear. Sometimes by design, sometimes not. Either way, doesn't bother me and the person's appearance does not change that. But it should not invite rude, inappropriate comments or suggestions. It also should not invite someone grabbing at me.

My attire should not cause somebody to completely lose the ability to control themselves. I think guys should have the capability to refrain from doing anything but looking.

[:O] <font color="#ff0000">but we're wolves ....</font>

in all seriousness, one can appreciate your beauty and go about it in a way that is PROFESSIONAL, especially in a work environment, and outside that, refrain from making lewd comments, cat-calls etc.

I for one try to make eye contact. Your expression and willingness to flirt tells me all I need to know.

If you look away and appear to want to keep no eye contact? There's no connection. But if I catch you stealing looks or even staring? It's on !!!

with respect JMike , CTLady, JG21, Bleu and the rest of the Ladies on these boards.

lttaylor56
09-16-2010, 09:28 AM
You gotta be kidding me with Inez, the reporter. I could not believe that crap when it came on Monday night before mnf. She is way freaking hot and I would not mind being "interviewed" by her but, cmon with the bull****? She dresses like that, if not even more scantilly, covering nfl teams thru the league. No one should treat a woman in that manner, I would not appreciate my wife receiving that treatment. There is a fine line, in her case the line is more bold and wider, where you need to dress a certain way if you want to be perceived as a professional reporter. What do we expect from the jets?

bigblue58
09-16-2010, 10:54 AM
The entire controversy was bogus, no matter who did the actual complaining, because the strange fact still remains, that female reporters DO go into Pro Athlete locker rooms, while some of said athlets are walking around naked....and there isn't a damn thing normal about that situationl!!!!
It's not the stupid woman being in the locker room who has the right to feel invaded or uncomfortable...it's the men in that situation who do!
Is it so "sexist" to assume that some female reporters just happen to LIKE being around strong, naked athletes? If not.......then what the hell is of such urgency, that an interview can't wait until the player is finished and DRESSED?

jmike
09-16-2010, 11:44 AM
The entire controversy was bogus, no matter who did the actual complaining, because the strange fact still remains, that female reporters DO go into Pro Athlete locker rooms, while some of said athlets are walking around naked....and there isn't a damn thing normal about that situationl!!!!
It's not the stupid woman being in the locker room who has the right to feel invaded or uncomfortable...it's the men in that situation who do!
Is it so "sexist" to assume that some female reporters just happen to LIKE being around strong, naked athletes? If not.......then what the hell is of such urgency, that an interview can't wait until the player is finished and DRESSED?

The problem would be that the male reporters were allowed in and that put female sports reporters at a disadvantage in the job market. I don't think any of them belong in there at all. Interviews can be held outside the locker room when everyone is dressed.

lawrenceS59
09-16-2010, 11:48 AM

I still think the way she came dressed was a joke and don't respect her attempts to play off her "shirt and jeans" as ordinary articles of clothing. There's a big difference between jeans that show every curve of your a'ss and jeans that don't call attention to you, so yes, it's a premeditated act no matter what she says.

That said, this is all on the Association of Women in Sports Media.

Teenage girls try to pull that mess with their parents when they're dressed too provacatively. "its only jeans and a shirt".....gtfohwtbs.

DragonSoul
09-16-2010, 12:03 PM
so here goes.

the moral:

i said damn.

IDK about anyone else, but I know sometimes I will attract attention depending on what I wear.* Sometimes by design, sometimes not.* Either way, doesn't bother me and the person's appearance does not change that.* But it should not invite rude, inappropriate comments or suggestions.* It also should not invite someone grabbing at me.

My attire should not cause somebody to completely lose the ability to control themselves.* I think guys should have the capability to refrain from doing anything but looking.
I think (can be wrong) most woman dress sexy/revealing/provocative to get looks, or see the guys break their necks trying to extend the view, while a few might just do it because they work hard on their body and want to show it off/enjoy it but again its still showing off.

You cannot tell which is which, but if you dont expect to get a comment you are naive. Yet everyone should be able to control their own urges or needs without having a turrets outburst.

Its Naive for woman who dress sexy not to think there might be a comment or action coming (which i dont approve or condone).

Otherwise why dont all woman just where grandma undies without any thongs showing, or a 1 piece bathing suit? Its not for their girlfriends.

I think its a huge double standard. Its like Look at me (if i find you appealing) but dont look (if i dont). I agree 100% that men need to control themselves and its not an excuse, but its not a perfect world, and in turn it should be expected as a worse case scenario, since its not a perfect world.

Its like me going into a dark alley at night where there are drug dealers. I should be aware that I can be in danger if I decide to go their especially at that time, yet hope for the best, but if not be aware and ready to deal with it if need be. Again should i be harassed, mugged, or worse? Of course not but its not a perfect world/scenario.

Not sure if what I am saying is coming out right, but I gave it a try. I guess woman should expect the issues, because its not a perfect world, yet its not an excuse for men or anyone to let loose. Its just an excuse for them, but many cannot control themselves, and should also be held responsible for it without any question, if they do something that breaks the law or affects the said person in a negative way.

I agree with you that neither men nor woman need to be in the locker room right after the game, maybe 30 or 60 minutes when everyone is decent is a different story.

jmike
09-16-2010, 12:13 PM
so here goes.

the moral:

i said damn.

I think (can be wrong) most woman dress sexy/revealing/provocative to get looks, or see the guys break their necks trying to extend the view, while a few might just do it because they work hard on their body and want to show it off/enjoy it but again its still showing off.

You cannot tell which is which, but if you dont expect to get a comment you are naive. Yet everyone should be able to control their own urges or needs without having a turrets outburst.

Its Naive for woman who dress sexy not to think there might be a comment or action coming (which i dont approve or condone).

Otherwise why dont all woman just where grandma undies without any thongs showing, or a 1 piece bathing suit? Its not for their girlfriends.

I think its a huge double standard. Its like Look at me (if i find you appealing) but dont look (if i dont). I agree 100% that men need to control themselves and its not an excuse, but its not a perfect world, and in turn it should be expected as a worse case scenario, since its not a perfect world.

Its like me going into a dark alley at night where there are drug dealers. I should be aware that I can be in danger if I decide to go their especially at that time, yet hope for the best, but if not be aware and ready to deal with it if need be. Again should i be harassed, mugged, or worse? Of course not but its not a perfect world/scenario.

Not sure if what I am saying is coming out right, but I gave it a try. I guess woman should expect the issues, because its not a perfect world, yet its not an excuse for men or anyone to let loose. Its just an excuse for them, but many cannot control themselves, and should also be held responsible for it without any question, if they do something that breaks the law or affects the said person in a negative way.

I agree with you that neither men nor woman need to be in the locker room right after the game, maybe 30 or 60 minutes when everyone is decent is a different story.

A woman walkinig into a locker room to do he job should not be expecting to be harassed. The players know that the locker room is a place of business (as strange a place as that may be for it) and should behave accordingly. Reporters in the locker room is not a new thing. You can argue all day about whether reporters belong in there (I don't think they do), but the players do know they should behave themselves.

Don't think for a second that the people who hire these very attractive women to do these jobs don't expect them to dress in a way that shows how attractive they are, that is naive.

DragonSoul
09-16-2010, 12:16 PM
so here goes.

the moral:

i said damn.

A woman walkinig into a locker room to do he job should not be expecting to be harassed. The players know that the locker room is a place of business (as strange a place as that may be for it) and should behave accordingly. Reporters in the locker room is not a new thing. You can argue all day about whether reporters belong in there (I don't think they do), but the players do know they should behave themselves.

Don't think for a second that the people who hire these very attractive women to do these jobs don't expect them to dress in a way that shows how attractive they are, that is naive.
I agree 100% they need self control, but then in a perfect world it wouldn't be an issue. While I do agree women get hired for their looks at times, there is always a way to look professional without being all out there.

Personally from the image I saw at least from the Back she looked fine, tight jeans, looked good on her, but again there wasnt anything that the players shouldnt have been able to refrain from.

jmike
09-16-2010, 12:22 PM
so here goes.

the moral:

i said damn.

I agree 100% they need self control, but then in a perfect world it wouldn't be an issue. While I do agree women get hired for their looks at times, there is always a way to look professional without being all out there.

Personally from the image I saw at least from the Back she looked fine, tight jeans, looked good on her, but again there wasnt anything that the players should have been able to refrain from.

Exactly. If she was interviewing them while they were outside "off the clock" so to speak, different story. There are some reporters who would approach them when they are at a club, rules are different there. One web reporter couple of years ago followed some players into a strip club and tried an interview there. They blew her off, but she definitely put herself into a position to be harassed.

GAMEPLAN
09-16-2010, 12:33 PM
That was a 'woman' as in only the female of our (and I use the term most loosely) species BUT she is an ignorant bubbleheaded fool that has done a dis-service to all professional women--- dress in such a manner at the club, library or supermarket--- please--- woman are not offended by this BIMBO--- stupid girls are

jmike
09-16-2010, 12:39 PM
That was a 'woman' as in only the female of our (and I use the term most loosely) species BUT she is an ignorant bubbleheaded fool that has done a dis-service to all professional women--- dress in such a manner at the club, library or supermarket--- please--- woman are not offended by this BIMBO--- stupid girls are

I'm sorry, in English please. Who is offended by the reporter exactly? She didn't do anything offensive. She walked into a locker room to do an interview (her job), felt unwelcome, so she left. Other people are making a big deal out of this, not her.

Ntegrase96
09-16-2010, 01:09 PM

I'm sorry, in English please. Who is offended by the reporter exactly? She didn't do anything offensive. She walked into a locker room to do an interview (her job), felt unwelcome, so she left. Other people are making a big deal out of this, not her.

I was under the impression that she left after she got what she needed, not because she didn't feel welcomed. She was a bit embarrassed, which means that a few guys were acting a bit inappropriately, but as some of the male posters have already stated, that's to be expected. If you're wearing something that's going to attract attention, you're not asking for harassment (which didn't happen), but you're definitely setting yourself to get some flattering and/or unflattering attention. However in a professional setting it shouldn't be this way... unless something goes down like in giantyankee's story.

GAMEPLAN
09-16-2010, 01:34 PM
WOMEN are offended by females who get all their Affirmations from men by showing bra --- men respect women that show their mind not their breasts --- she is cheap--

dezzzR
09-16-2010, 01:35 PM

hmm apple bottoms.

all reporters should have to wait for the players after they leave the locker room. male or female

CTLadyBlue
09-16-2010, 01:53 PM

I'm sorry, in English please.* Who is offended by the reporter exactly?* She didn't do anything offensive.* She walked into a locker room to do an interview (her job), felt unwelcome, so she left.* Other people are making a big deal out of this, not her.

You have to wonder - if you look at past pics of her, she obviously has a habit of dressing like this. Has she every felt uncomfortable interviewing athletes in the past? I would be hard pressed to think that she had never been leered at in the past dressed like that. She obviously never voiced any public complaint about her discomfort via her Twitter in the past. Why now?

And how come this all came out and made the cover of the Post the same day as the Jets opening game? Didn't this happen back in camp/pre-season??

And I also find it odd that a woman's group just happen to see her tweeting about her discomfort and took it upon themselves to fight for her rights by contacting the Jets organization of their own accord without even contacting her first to confirm the facts of her tweet before making accusations. I mean....she's a NOBODY JOURNALIST - why would a woman's group - or any group for that matter - take this matter in to their hands for some wananbe reporter/journalist just because she tweeted about her 'discomfort'. Maybe if it were a female celebrity or politician I could see a woman's group getting exposure for this, but for an unheard of before Mexican journalist - sorry, I just don't buy this entire story.

She wants her 15 minutes of fame, hits to her webiste and followers on Twitter - well she's got 'em now!

Jiffy Jeff
09-16-2010, 01:55 PM
Did you see that *** ? WOW she walks into my work she gets a few catcalls also. I still think the way she came dressed was a joke and don't respect her attempts to play off her "shirt and jeans" as ordinary articles of clothing. There's a big difference between jeans that show every curve of your a'ss and jeans that don't call attention to you, so yes, it's a premeditated act no matter what she says. That said, this is all on the Association of Women in Sports Media.</P>

</P>

</P>

That association is probably a bunch of fatugly broads.</P>

DragonSoul
09-16-2010, 02:31 PM

I'm sorry, in English please.* Who is offended by the reporter exactly?* She didn't do anything offensive.* She walked into a locker room to do an interview (her job), felt unwelcome, so she left.* Other people are making a big deal out of this, not her.

You have to wonder - if you look at past pics of her, she obviously has a habit of dressing like this. Has she every felt uncomfortable interviewing athletes in the past? I would be hard pressed to think that she had never been leered at in the past dressed like that. She obviously never voiced any public complaint about her discomfort via her Twitter in the past. Why now?

And how come this all came out and made the cover of the Post the same day as the Jets opening game? Didn't this happen back in camp/pre-season??

And I also find it odd that a woman's group just happen to see her tweeting about her discomfort and took it upon themselves to fight for her rights by contacting the Jets organization of their own accord without even contacting her first to confirm the facts of her tweet before making accusations. I mean....she's a NOBODY JOURNALIST - why would a woman's group - or any group for that matter - take this matter in to their hands for some wananbe reporter/journalist just because she tweeted about her 'discomfort'. Maybe if it were a female celebrity or politician I could see a woman's group getting exposure for this, but for an unheard of before Mexican journalist - sorry, I just don't buy this entire story.

She wants her 15 minutes of fame, hits to her webiste and followers on Twitter - well she's got 'em now! Not much of a surprise these days when woman make a sex video so they can become a pseudo celebrity like Hilton, Kardashians, and so forth, and the worse part it works. Lets not forget about the idiots of the so called Jersey Shore or even the house wives of pick your state. Then you have actual people who hold some weight even mentioning these idiots... Its very sad.

bandwgn86
09-16-2010, 02:42 PM
Did you see that *** ? WOW she walks into my work she gets a few catcalls also. I still think the way she came dressed was a joke and don't respect her attempts to play off her "shirt and jeans" as ordinary articles of clothing. There's a big difference between jeans that show every curve of your a'ss and jeans that don't call attention to you, so yes, it's a premeditated act no matter what she says. That said, this is all on the Association of Women in Sports Media.</P>

</P>

</P>

That association is probably a bunch of fatugly broads.</P>

</P>

http://i721.photobucket.com/albums/ww219/bbobberson/l_6c971caeaf044f8b9f03ada739e83ddd.jpg</P>

mr.hiroki
09-16-2010, 07:16 PM
Did you see that *** ? WOW she walks into my work she gets a few catcalls also.exactly, don't go blaming the dog when you put the bone right in front of him..</P>

i dont think she had a bone in those jeans......</P>

mr.hiroki
09-16-2010, 07:18 PM

hmm apple bottoms.

all reporters should have to wait for the players after they leave the locker room. male or female
</P>

agreed, not even taking the sexist topic into account. the locker room is their pre and post game sanctuary; no outsiders should be allowed unless it is something inspirational like when our gmen had the guy from the army (greg something, i think,) come in and give a pep talk in 2007.</P>

Redeyejedi
09-16-2010, 07:21 PM

</P>

Yeah now thats a career change a womans tennis writer. Can I say there messing with equality rights if they dont let me do locker room interviews</P>

Joe Morrison
09-16-2010, 07:42 PM
If any of you happened to see her interview on GMA she was the first to mention she had no idea what all the hype was about until she started getting calls about it from the media.</P>

So it turns out this was just a media circus dreamt up by them because they have nothing better to report on.</P>

Iraq, Afganistan, Unemployment, Healthcare, The Economy, Cap and Trade, Tampa Kicking the Yanks Butts.</P>

No, Hardknocks was done so they had to dream up some other worthless Jet garbage.</P>

Let it go, she is not the problem, it's people like you who jump on the bandwagon with no facts, only what the media jammed down your throat and you bought it hook line and sinker.</P>

mr.hiroki
09-16-2010, 08:29 PM
If any of you happened to see her interview on GMA she was the first to mention she had no idea what all the hype was about until she started getting calls about it from the media.</P>

So it turns out this was just a media circus dreamt up by them because they have nothing better to report on.</P>

Iraq, Afganistan, Unemployment, Healthcare, The Economy, Cap and Trade, Tampa Kicking the Yanks Butts.</P>

No, Hardknocks was done so they had to dream up some other worthless Jet garbage.</P>

Let it go, she is not the problem, it's people like you who jump on the bandwagon with no facts, only what the media jammed down your throat and you bought it hook line and sinker.</P>

</P>

i definitely agree with you joe, but the woman's organizations and the nfl aren't too interested in reporting on the more important issues that you mention. the interview i saw with her, depicted a vibrantyoung woman who didn't seem disturbed in the least bit by whatever transpired at the facility, she seemed to take all the attention very lightly. these outside organizations are the ones witch hunting.</P>

DragonSoul
09-16-2010, 10:48 PM
http://bhanks.encblogs.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/101008-ines-sainz1.jpg

Jiffy Jeff
09-17-2010, 06:04 PM
She was interviewed on Today and said she wasn't the one who reported the incident. She tweeted that she was embarrassed by some catcalls in the Jets locker room, and the Association for Women in Sports Media then took it upon themselves to call Woody Johnson and the NFL about the incident. They then ran with the story and made it public. She never took action or contacted anyone about it. So basically another woman got used by yet another douchy feminist group to push their agenda. She also said she really wasn't even offended by the incident.</P>

</P>

At least you didn't have to tape your mouth shut.[;)]</P>

NYGMEN_4LIFE
09-17-2010, 07:11 PM
so here goes.

the moral:

i said damn.

IDK about anyone else, but I know sometimes I will attract attention depending on what I wear.* Sometimes by design, sometimes not.* Either way, doesn't bother me and the person's appearance does not change that.* But it should not invite rude, inappropriate comments or suggestions.* It also should not invite someone grabbing at me.

My attire should not cause somebody to completely lose the ability to control themselves.* I think guys should have the capability to refrain from doing anything but looking.

A woman walkinig into a locker room to do he job should not be expecting to be harassed.* The players know that the locker room is a place of business (as strange a place as that may be for it) and should behave accordingly.* Reporters in the locker room is not a new thing.* You can argue all day about whether reporters belong in there (I don't think they do), but the players do know they should behave themselves.

The locker room is not a place of business, reporters go in there to expect to see players in thier element, thats the whole purpose...If it were a place of business i doubt the media would care less about it and they would just wait until after the locker room for reactions. Its like a reporter going behind the scenes. Its like videotaping a lion in the zoo versus in the jungle....still no excuse tho, im just saying its different than usual press conferences and interviews and thats why they want to do it....

All being said, it wasnt right...... but ill tell you right now, my daughter WILL understand what kind of dirtbags will give you harassment for certain things you might wear. Thats just the world we live in.

lttaylor56
09-17-2010, 08:46 PM
It's ok for woman to dress that way and attempt to get a guy's attention. However the laws of society prohibit a male from showing too much attention. Kind of a double standard. Inez is a married mom with 3 kids. There is no way my wife would be going out like that

jmike
09-17-2010, 10:20 PM
so here goes.

the moral:

i said damn.

The locker room is not a place of business, reporters go in there to expect to see players in thier element, thats the whole purpose...If it were a place of business i doubt the media would care less about it and they would just wait until after the locker room for reactions. Its like a reporter going behind the scenes. Its like videotaping a lion in the zoo versus in the jungle....still no excuse tho, im just saying its different than usual press conferences and interviews and thats why they want to do it....

All being said, it wasnt right...... but ill tell you right now, my daughter WILL understand what kind of dirtbags will give you harassment for certain things you might wear. Thats just the world we live in.

Reporters have been going into the locker rooms after games for interviews for as long as I have been alive. Should it be a place of business, heck no. However, it is. Reporters go there to get news and do interviews and the players get interviewed.

MeBeCoach
09-18-2010, 12:07 AM
so here goes.

the moral:

i said damn.

I think (can be wrong) most woman dress sexy/revealing/provocative to get looks, or see the guys break their necks trying to extend the view, while a few might just do it because they work hard on their body and want to show it off/enjoy it but again its still showing off. You cannot tell which is which, but if you dont expect to get a comment you are naive. Yet everyone should be able to control their own urges or needs without having a turrets outburst. Its Naive for woman who dress sexy not to think there might be a comment or action coming (which i dont approve or condone). Otherwise why dont all woman just where grandma undies without any thongs showing, or a 1 piece bathing suit? Its not for their girlfriends. I think its a huge double standard. Its like Look at me (if i find you appealing) but dont look (if i dont). I agree 100% that men need to control themselves and its not an excuse, but its not a perfect world, and in turn it should be expected as a worse case scenario, since its not a perfect world. Its like me going into a dark alley at night where there are drug dealers. I should be aware that I can be in danger if I decide to go their especially at that time, yet hope for the best, but if not be aware and ready to deal with it if need be. Again should i be harassed, mugged, or worse? Of course not but its not a perfect world/scenario. Not sure if what I am saying is coming out right, but I gave it a try. I guess woman should expect the issues, because its not a perfect world, yet its not an excuse for men or anyone to let loose. Its just an excuse for them, but many cannot control themselves, and should also be held responsible for it without any question, if they do something that breaks the law or affects the said person in a negative way. I agree with you that neither men nor woman need to be in the locker room right after the game, maybe 30 or 60 minutes when everyone is decent is a different story.

The locker room is not a place of business, reporters go in there to expect to see players in thier element, thats the whole purpose...If it were a place of business i doubt the media would care less about it and they would just wait until after the locker room for reactions. Its like a reporter going behind the scenes. Its like videotaping a lion in the zoo versus in the jungle....still no excuse tho, im just saying its different than usual press conferences and interviews and thats why they want to do it.... All being said, it wasnt right...... but ill tell you right now, my daughter WILL understand what kind of dirtbags will give you harassment for certain things you might wear. Thats just the world we live in.

Reporters have been going into the locker rooms after games for interviews for as long as I have been alive. Should it be a place of business, heck no. However, it is. Reporters go there to get news and do interviews and the players get interviewed.
</P>

What defines's verbal harrassment? Harrassment is a legal term that im pretty surecan come with relatively serious penalties. This was obviously a case of boys-will-be-boys, harmless, cat-calling. The girl probably felt flattered &amp; it was the other reporter who came up to her (another reporter did approach her&amp; made a big deal of it) who made her uncomfortable.</P>

If my testosterone is flowing &amp; my blood is pumpingafter i've been flyin around hitting people in practice &amp;we're hyping up for the game tomorrow &amp; a pretty girl is standing there talking to me while im nude going to take a shower, depending on the 'looks given' that were previously discussed, the chemicals in my brain may urge me to say some rude thing &amp; cloud my brain.</P>

Folks its called sex drive, without it none of us would exist. Sexual situations can be embarrassing for both men &amp; women. This is obviously one of those situations, but I don't think that it goes into the legal realm of sexual harrassment. I do agree w/ many of you that there is really no need to have any reporters in the locker while peopleare naked in any sport mens/womens.</P>

</P>

cordel56
09-18-2010, 05:45 AM
She is hot! the jets will not even make it to Dallas.. Giants/ Ravens 2

NYGMEN_4LIFE
09-18-2010, 11:00 AM
so here goes.

the moral:

i said damn.

A woman walkinig into a locker room to do he job should not be expecting to be harassed.* The players know that the locker room is a place of business (as strange a place as that may be for it) and should behave accordingly.* Reporters in the locker room is not a new thing.* You can argue all day about whether reporters belong in there (I don't think they do), but the players do know they should behave themselves.

Reporters have been going into the locker rooms after games for interviews for as long as I have been alive.* Should it be a place of business, heck no.* However, it is.* Reporters go there to get news and do interviews and the players get interviewed.

I'm sorry, i just completely disagree with you. Press conferences are not a place of business, reporters in Locker rooms have the same philosophy behind them as the papar***i. That philosophy being to catch the players raw and in thier element and ENVIRONMENT. That is the key, the press wants to see them in their environment with other players, which is not a business environment.

Locker rooms are a place for teammates to interact prepare, get ready for a game, and then shower up and socialize after the game. The purpose of a locker room is not for the press, thats what press conferenced are for. I understand that reporters have been going into locker rooms for a while BUT just because reporters go somewhere doesn't make it a place of business for everyone else... and trust me, the press WANTS it that way.

So my only thing is that no reporter should be allowed in the locker room. If I were a coach Id only allow NFL films, because they just document the occasion and don't technically report.

If i go do a report about gangs in the city, so run around certain blocks getting broll and interviews then its not going to be a business environment, and i wouldn't want it to be...Its business for me, but no one else.

But besides this disagreement, I do agree with everything else you have said on this thread. Guys need to be big boys and control themselves...

lttaylor56
09-18-2010, 11:08 AM
so here goes.

the moral:

i said damn.

I think (can be wrong) most woman dress sexy/revealing/provocative to get looks, or see the guys break their necks trying to extend the view, while a few might just do it because they work hard on their body and want to show it off/enjoy it but again its still showing off. You cannot tell which is which, but if you dont expect to get a comment you are naive. Yet everyone should be able to control their own urges or needs without having a turrets outburst. Its Naive for woman who dress sexy not to think there might be a comment or action coming (which i dont approve or condone). Otherwise why dont all woman just where grandma undies without any thongs showing, or a 1 piece bathing suit? Its not for their girlfriends. I think its a huge double standard. Its like Look at me (if i find you appealing) but dont look (if i dont). I agree 100% that men need to control themselves and its not an excuse, but its not a perfect world, and in turn it should be expected as a worse case scenario, since its not a perfect world. Its like me going into a dark alley at night where there are drug dealers. I should be aware that I can be in danger if I decide to go their especially at that time, yet hope for the best, but if not be aware and ready to deal with it if need be. Again should i be harassed, mugged, or worse? Of course not but its not a perfect world/scenario. Not sure if what I am saying is coming out right, but I gave it a try. I guess woman should expect the issues, because its not a perfect world, yet its not an excuse for men or anyone to let loose. Its just an excuse for them, but many cannot control themselves, and should also be held responsible for it without any question, if they do something that breaks the law or affects the said person in a negative way. I agree with you that neither men nor woman need to be in the locker room right after the game, maybe 30 or 60 minutes when everyone is decent is a different story.

The locker room is not a place of business, reporters go in there to expect to see players in thier element, thats the whole purpose...If it were a place of business i doubt the media would care less about it and they would just wait until after the locker room for reactions. Its like a reporter going behind the scenes. Its like videotaping a lion in the zoo versus in the jungle....still no excuse tho, im just saying its different than usual press conferences and interviews and thats why they want to do it.... All being said, it wasnt right...... but ill tell you right now, my daughter WILL understand what kind of dirtbags will give you harassment for certain things you might wear. Thats just the world we live in.

Reporters have been going into the locker rooms after games for interviews for as long as I have been alive.* Should it be a place of business, heck no.* However, it is.* Reporters go there to get news and do interviews and the players get interviewed.
</P>

*What defines's verbal harrassment? Harrassment is a legal term that im pretty sure*can come with relatively serious penalties. This was obviously a case of boys-will-be-boys, harmless, cat-calling. The girl probably felt flattered & it was the other reporter who came up to her (another reporter did approach her*& made a big deal of it) who made her uncomfortable.*</P>

If my testosterone is flowing & my blood is pumping*after i've been flyin around hitting people in practice &*we're hyping up for the game tomorrow & a pretty girl is standing there talking to me while im nude going to take a shower, depending on the 'looks given' that were previously discussed, the chemicals in my brain may urge me to say some rude thing & cloud my brain.*</P>

Folks its called sex drive, without it none of us would exist. Sexual situations can be embarrassing for both men & women. This is obviously one of those situations, but I don't think that it goes into the legal realm of sexual harrassment. I do agree w/ many of you that there is really no need to have any reporters in the locker while people*are naked in any sport mens/womens.**</P>

*</P>

+1 It's human nature that supports the existance of mankind. BUT Woman still deserve respect

jmike
09-18-2010, 11:22 AM
so here goes.

the moral:

i said damn.

I'm sorry, i just completely disagree with you. Press conferences are not a place of business, reporters in Locker rooms have the same philosophy behind them as the papar***i. That philosophy being to catch the players raw and in thier element and ENVIRONMENT. That is the key, the press wants to see them in their environment with other players, which is not a business environment.

Locker rooms are a place for teammates to interact prepare, get ready for a game, and then shower up and socialize after the game. The purpose of a locker room is not for the press, thats what press conferenced are for. I understand that reporters have been going into locker rooms for a while BUT just because reporters go somewhere doesn't make it a place of business for everyone else... and trust me, the press WANTS it that way.

So my only thing is that no reporter should be allowed in the locker room. If I were a coach Id only allow NFL films, because they just document the occasion and don't technically report.

If i go do a report about gangs in the city, so run around certain blocks getting broll and interviews then its not going to be a business environment, and i wouldn't want it to be...Its business for me, but no one else.

But besides this disagreement, I do agree with everything else you have said on this thread. Guys need to be big boys and control themselves...

You can disagree with me all you want. But the NFL has set it up that the locker room is where the players and reporters do their job. That is the reality as much as you or I may disagree with it. It stopped being their environment a long time ago.

NYGMEN_4LIFE
09-18-2010, 11:28 AM
so here goes.

the moral:

i said damn.

You can disagree with me all you want.* But the NFL has set it up that the locker room is where the players and reporters do their job.* That is the reality as much as you or I may disagree with it.* It stopped being their environment a long time ago.

The NFL can let reporters go on the sideline too, is that a business environment? NO...come on, just because reporters are somewhere doesn't automatically make it a business environment, like i said, they want to go to these environments because of the environment itself, which is not a business environment...a locker room environment is what it is...The nfl may allow reporters in there, but that still doesn't make it a business environment...

NYGMEN_4LIFE
09-18-2010, 11:56 AM
any place where dudes ****s are hanging out is not a business environment.

lttaylor56
09-18-2010, 01:55 PM
This one never get's old as long as I keep getting to see that shot of her in miami stadium...I can see "getting that quote in the athlete's element(locker room)", what's wrong with the field or the beautiful oak paneled conference/commissioner clubs etc in the new stadium? I mean really, these woman reporters are different from all other woman and they enjoy the smell of dirty laundry and sweaty men? C'mon?

jmike
09-18-2010, 03:20 PM
so here goes.

the moral:

i said damn.

You can disagree with me all you want. But the NFL has set it up that the locker room is where the players and reporters do their job. That is the reality as much as you or I may disagree with it. It stopped being their environment a long time ago.

The NFL can let reporters go on the sideline too, is that a business environment? NO...come on, just because reporters are somewhere doesn't automatically make it a business environment, like i said, they want to go to these environments because of the environment itself, which is not a business environment...a locker room environment is what it is...The nfl may allow reporters in there, but that still doesn't make it a business environment...

For a football player the sidelines are a place of business. Wherever they are expected to represent their employer is a place of business for the player. The league expects them to provide interviews and represent the team in the locker room so they have made it a place of business. The field, practice field, press convferance, etc...all places of business.

jmike
09-18-2010, 03:24 PM

Anyplace they are expected by their employers to represent the team or the league is a place of business.

Not anyplace they are hanging out.

NYGMEN_4LIFE
09-18-2010, 04:06 PM
so here goes.

the moral:

i said damn.

You can disagree with me all you want.* But the NFL has set it up that the locker room is where the players and reporters do their job.* That is the reality as much as you or I may disagree with it.* It stopped being their environment a long time ago.

For a football player the sidelines are a place of business.* Wherever they are expected to represent their employer is a place of business for the player.* The league expects them to provide interviews and represent the team in the locker room so they have made it a place of business.* The field, practice field, press convferance, etc...all places of business.

HAHA ok....ill drop it you win...just like my wife always wins...

MeBeCoach
09-18-2010, 05:23 PM

Anyplace they are expected by their employers to represent the team or the league is a place of business.

Not anyplace they are hanging out.
</P>

i think he meant their junk is hangin out. lol</P>

are you a giants fan or iggles?</P>

allentown PA
09-18-2010, 05:32 PM
look......... these players acted like they have never seen a good looking woman before. They are professionals and should act as just.

allentown PA
09-18-2010, 05:41 PM
why wasn't she professional?.........because of the way she dressed?.....stop being a prude..........by the way that reporter has her masters in law.....how bout u? You can't even master the english language.

mr.hiroki
09-18-2010, 05:49 PM
http://bhanks.encblogs.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/101008-ines-sainz1.jpg</P>

omg, wow. i'll be dreaming some vivd dreams tonight, thanks, lol.</P>