PDA

View Full Version : Congrats from a Bears fan!! (question also)

ELROCKSTEADY
01-15-2012, 10:18 PM
Hello Giants nation. Congrats on a huge win for your organization. You guys are impressing again despite all the injuries and garbage talk. This leads to a question I'm sure you guys would be able to answer. As you guys know Marc Ross is in contention for possibly being the next Bears GM. I was wondering what the overall sentiment on him was.

THE_New_York_Giants
01-15-2012, 10:19 PM
Hello Giants nation. Congrats on a huge win for your organization. You guys are impressing again despite all the injuries and garbage talk. This leads to a question I'm sure you guys would be able to answer. As you guys know Ross is in contention for possibly being the next Bears GM. I was wondering what the overall sentiment on him was.

Ross?

DragonSoul
01-15-2012, 10:19 PM
Hello Giants nation. Congrats on a huge win for your organization. You guys are impressing again despite all the injuries and garbage talk. This leads to a question I'm sure you guys would be able to answer. As you guys know Ross is in contention for possibly being the next Bears GM. I was wondering what the overall sentiment on him was.
Thanks.

Ross would be a good move for you guys, bad for us as far as i have heard.

NYGRealityCheck
01-15-2012, 10:20 PM
Could you send Devin Hester our way?

lol

NYGRealityCheck
01-15-2012, 10:20 PM

Ross?

Marc Ross...

Pakman
01-15-2012, 10:21 PM
Marc Ross..would be a very good pick up for you guys

NWKEffectElement
01-15-2012, 10:23 PM
He is talking about Marc Ross. I believe he will do fine as a GM. He has learned under Jerry Reese who is a top 5 GM in this league. He has help bring us talent like Nicks, Cruz, Bradshaw, and JPP.

ELROCKSTEADY
01-15-2012, 10:24 PM
Could you send Devin Hester our way?

lol you never know, they guy did not make through the seasons really. he had nagging injuries that prevented him from doing anything the last couple of games... with our injuries I dont think it really mattered lol

UmenYiourAnIdiot
01-15-2012, 10:25 PM

Marc Ross has been an integral part of the scouting department and has definitely been critical to our Super Bowl run and everything since, especially in finding gems in the later rounds. Look at the talent he has helped bring aboard, starting that year:

Steve Smith
Kevin Boss
Ahmad Bradshaw
Aaron Ross
Terrel Thomas
Jason Pierre Paul
Hakeem Nicks
Kenny Phillips
Mario Manningham
Victor Cruuz
Jake Ballard
Kevin Boothe
Johnathon Goff
Jaquan Williams
Henry Hynoski
Mitch Petrus

I am sure I am missing some. But you have a handful of Pro-Bowlers there and most, if not all of those players are starting caliber.

When it comes to putting a team together, I would take Ross in a heart beat. Let alone anyone that Jerry Reese rubs off on.

The Notorious B.I.G BLUE
01-15-2012, 10:28 PM
He would be a good pick up, I'd hate to see him leave. I think he is a good talent evaluator. His reports are normally spot and doesn't fluff up his evaluations.

BornLegend
01-15-2012, 10:30 PM
Ross? Anyway thanks for dropping by. I got a lot of love for Chi-Town, not for your football team(although I think your team is a very classy, historic one with some of the greatest players to take the field) but for the United Center where MJ's statue sits.

I'm a huge Bulls fan... I don't know if ur a fan of basketball but if you are, you got a lot to feel proud of. A Championship is coming back to Chicago, not in the form of the LombardI but a championship nevertheless.

BornLegend
01-15-2012, 10:31 PM
Ok Marc Ross... I took too long to text.

berya
01-15-2012, 10:32 PM
I don't know how good a GM he would be. But one thing is for sure the man can evaluate talent big time.

+1 for sending Devin Hester our way.

ELROCKSTEADY
01-15-2012, 10:32 PM
Ross? Anyway thanks for dropping by. I got a lot of love for Chi-Town, not for your football team(although I think your team is a very classy, historic one with some of the greatest players to take the field) but for the United Center where MJ's statue sits.

I'm a huge Bulls fan... I don't know if ur a fan of basketball but if you are, you got a lot to feel proud of. A Championship is coming back to Chicago, not in the form of the LombardI but a championship nevertheless.

Bears are my first passion, did grow up watching MJ, Pippen ect..though. I much prefer the Lombardi trophy rather than an NBA championship lol

Bones911
01-15-2012, 10:35 PM
Hello Giants nation. Congrats on a huge win for your organization. You guys are impressing again despite all the injuries and garbage talk. This leads to a question I'm sure you guys would be able to answer. As you guys know Marc Ross is in contention for possibly being the next Bears GM. I was wondering what the overall sentiment on him was.

Marc Ross has been the director of scouting for the past few years since Reese took over as GM. he is a Harvard graduate. He was up for the GM job for Seattle last year but he would be a very good pick up. A sleeper.

BornLegend
01-15-2012, 10:39 PM

Bears are my first passion, did grow up watching MJ, Pippen ect..though. I much prefer the Lombardi trophy rather than an NBA championship lol
I understand. Football is my 1st passion too but I'm a big fan of both sports with football getting the slight edge. D Rose gotta be the biggest show in the town though. I need to take a trip out there soon.

ELROCKSTEADY
01-15-2012, 10:40 PM

Marc Ross has been the director of scouting for the past few years since Reese took over as GM. he is a Harvard graduate. He was up for the GM job for Seattle last year but he would be a very good pick up. A sleeper.

Not sure he would be a Sleeper. him and Raye (Chargers) are supposedly on top of the list. Just to ask, wasn't he a Princeton grad w/ a masters @ Umass?

ELROCKSTEADY
01-15-2012, 10:43 PM

I understand. Football is my 1st passion too but I'm a big fan of both sports with football getting the slight edge. D Rose gotta be the biggest show in the town though. I need to take a trip out there soon.

with out a doubt. Rose is dominant. They are on a good start, It seems at times they are missing something, but as long as they stay healthy, they will at least make it into the playoffs for at least the next decade or so:)

Overdrive92
01-15-2012, 10:45 PM
Marc Ross would be a great pickup for you guys.

I hope for our sake, you guys don't.

VegasGmen
01-15-2012, 10:54 PM

Hands off don't touch!

VegasGmen
01-15-2012, 10:54 PM

Hands off don't touch!