PDA

View Full Version : I come in peace (49er Fan)

Tx49erFan
01-15-2012, 09:40 PM
First, congrats on completely dominating the Packers. I think all 49er and Giants fans have one thing in common. Were thrilled we will not be hearing anymore of Brees and Rogers. So again congrats.

Moving on....Our last game was an absolute slug fest........Now we have the NFC Championship and damn is it going to be a game!!!!!!!!!

Again congrats on the win tonight, and we will see you Sunday!!!! Bring your big boy pads, these two teams are gonna be doing some hitting!

Prediction....have no clue.....GOTTA PULL FOR MY NINERS!!!!

Pierre-Paul
01-15-2012, 09:42 PM
Both teams got rid of the league favorites! But sadly for the 49ers, this can't end up well for both teams. The Giants are a team of Destiny. We are on a Roll!

NYSPORTS
01-15-2012, 09:43 PM
I think I speak for us all, we're just happy for the chance.

Good Luck, your team has busted their butts to get where they are.

Let''s see what happens :)

berya
01-15-2012, 09:44 PM
Giants all the way!

But seriously your team looked mighty impressive to me yesterday.

We will find out Sunday which team comes out on top.

BParcells777
01-15-2012, 09:46 PM
Both teams got rid of the league favorites! But sadly for the 49ers, this can't end up well for both teams. The Giants are a team of Destiny. We are on a Roll!

You guys have a good shot. But its not going to be easy for you this time around.....last time you did not get our A game

I wish you well...........may the better team win

Who can say anything bad about the 49rs season......you pulled yourselves from oblivion

I expect a tough game but you might be a bit over matched in the passing game going both ways

We'll see......If you can get to Eli you can win......nobodies gotten to him all year....the Saints just outscored us they did not get to him.

Overdrive92
01-15-2012, 09:47 PM
First, congrats on completely dominating the Packers.* I think all 49er and Giants fans have one thing in common.* Were thrilled we will not be hearing anymore of Brees and Rogers.* So again congrats.

Moving on....Our last game was an absolute slug fest........Now we have the NFC Championship and damn is it going to be a game!!!!!!!!!

Again congrats on the win tonight, and we will see you Sunday!!!!* Bring your big boy pads, these two teams are gonna be doing some hitting!

I just wanna' say: God bless you guys for eliminating the Saints. We would have been doomed if we had to go to the dome. Thank the lord you guys won!

Billyde508
01-15-2012, 09:48 PM
I have to agree, 49's are a great team and the giants nation respects you without a doubt but giants are playing much better football. It is destiny, the giants have played the pats and ravens in their last two superbowl appearances, personally i would rather play the ravens for some much needed revenge

Gmenfan87
01-15-2012, 09:48 PM
I really like the Alex Smith story. Nice to see a guy succeed and not give up on himself.
BUT the Giants D is playing like I've never seen them. I get a feeling Alex Smith is going to come down to earth a little next week!

I expect a heavy dose of Gore but our man Blackburn is playing like Ray Lewis. lol. He really is playing well though.

UmenYiourAnIdiot
01-15-2012, 09:49 PM
Thanks for beating the Saints, really...But the Giants just owned Green Bay. I like our chances in your house.

SweetZombieJesus
01-15-2012, 09:49 PM
I respect the type of ball the 49ers are playing... But looking for revenge for that 2002 playoff matchup, that still stings. I'm sure you're looking for revenge for 1990.

Razur
01-15-2012, 09:50 PM
First, congrats on completely dominating the Packers.* I think all 49er and Giants fans have one thing in common.* Were thrilled we will not be hearing anymore of Brees and Rogers.* So again congrats.

Again congrats on the win tonight, and we will see you Sunday!!!!* Bring your big boy pads, these two teams are gonna be doing some hitting!

Well played ! These two will put on a show no doubt...Congrats on your regualr & post season...let's do this !!!!

JintMeister
01-15-2012, 09:50 PM
Absolutely we would have been doomed to play in a dome! Playing the 49'ers is by far our best chance regardless of how good they look. It's going to be physical. As usual, I think the turnover margin will tell the story.

DragonSoul
01-15-2012, 09:51 PM

Great win vs AINTS. Hoping we can pay you back for our 2001 loss.

mrg3
Giants and Niners proved D wins. Will be a good game. Ill take Eli over Alex. He had his career game against the Saints. Eli has them every week

egyptian420
Thanks and good luck next week. I respect your team and have been rooting for them to beat NO all week. I'm happy it came down to us two and not the Packers or Saints.

DJloves
I can't really say that we are hotter right now just because we beat the Pack - you all beat what, to many-even over the Packers-,was the team to beat in the NFL. We both beat two tough, tough opponents. Should be a good game. Here's to revenge.

Tx49erFan
Are you guys worried about traveling.....Greenbay to NY, then a turn around to West Coast for Sunday's game. Advantage to Niners on this one....however because its the NFC Championship I think this goes out the window. As far as Destiny....Niners message board is full of the same opinions. The all want a Brother Vs. Brother in the Superbowl. Again its going to be a heck of a game.

BParcells777
01-15-2012, 09:52 PM
By the way invite your 49r friends here.....they will not be abused

we hate the Eagles, Cowboys, Pats, Jets, Packers, Saints......we have no bone to pick with the 49rs

bansaw
01-15-2012, 09:54 PM
last time we met in such an important game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAABWqhNvtg

old enough to remember that? remember Jim Burt cheapshotting Hostetler the series before this?
Great rivalry, hope we kick your teams ***

BigBlue wins
01-15-2012, 09:55 PM
To the OP- thanks for being classy!

I think the traveling part wont have much of a difference...These two teams have quite a playoff history against one another. Our offense is a lot better now, but it will come down to our defense being the tie breaker. May the best team win!

PrideofNY
01-15-2012, 09:55 PM
I love the 49ers for beating the Saints. They really stuck it to those stat-padding pretty boys, that defense hits HARD. I think everyone will have respect for both the 49ers and the Giants this week.

I already cannot wait for the game next week. I just hope it is a fairly officiated game. If the 9er's beat us straight up without any help from the refs, I'll definitely be pulling for them in the Super Bowl.

Tx49erFan
01-15-2012, 10:01 PM
I love the 49ers for beating the Saints. They really stuck it to those stat-padding pretty boys, that defense hits HARD. I think everyone will have respect for both the 49ers and the Giants this week.

I already cannot wait for the game next week. I just hope it is a fairly officiated game. If the 9er's beat us straight up without any help from the refs, I'll definitely be pulling for them in the Super Bowl.

Hopefully being that the Niners and Giants took out the teams the NFL wanted to move on (Packers/Saints) officiating will not be a factor. Other then the fans of both teams, the rest of the world wanted to see Rogers and Brees shoot it out.....Here's to sticking it to the man!!! HA HA !

Wes
01-15-2012, 10:02 PM
First, congrats on completely dominating the Packers. I think all 49er and Giants fans have one thing in common. Were thrilled we will not be hearing anymore of Brees and Rogers. So again congrats.

Again congrats on the win tonight, and we will see you Sunday!!!! Bring your big boy pads, these two teams are gonna be doing some hitting!

</P>

</P>

I like the 49ers...i respect what they do and how they play. Im a Giants fan and will root for the Big blue of course, but I did not want to lose to the pack or saints...I could stomach a loss to the 9ers alot better. That being said, I really dont think the Giants will lose, but like you said, it will be a hard hitting ball jarring affair. I just think we have more weapons on offense and a better QB. We have an offense almost if not on par with NOor GB but we have a defense to go with it right now. We just basically dominated 2 of the best offenses in the NFL.</P>

However, I think we will catch heck tryign to run on SF...so it will come down to our offense stopping gore and rattling Smith....then on the arm of Eli.</P>

It will eb a good game and as always your defense will keep it close but I have to like our chances if we play like we have the last 2 games.</P>

SuttersMill
01-15-2012, 10:05 PM
Niner fan here, as well.

Great performance today by your defense. Rogers was completely uncomfortable all game. Eli and Nicks played well too.

I like to root for the Giants throughout the season because you guys have my favorite NFL quarterback on your team and you play in the Cowboys division.

Last game was a tough fought game for both teams and both were playing well coming into that game.

I believe you guys had just beaten the Pats and the Niners were on a little streak.

I saw the opening line was 3.5, which is appropriate for the home field and basically is pickem. I agree with that.

Also, the SF weather report calls for rain from Wednesday all the way through the weekend. If that holds true then the field will be saturated, it will be windy as always in the stick and the passing games of both teams might not play a huge factor.

Looks like the 2 old school style teams that everyone counted out will be playing a knock down game in an old school stadium in the weather.

Can't get any better than that. I can't wait for Sunday.. Currently trying to acquire a couple tickets. I hope I get lucky.

miked1958
01-15-2012, 10:09 PM

The league wanted a rematch of that nfl opener.
We both saw to it that didn't happen and we had to beat refs to

miked1958
01-15-2012, 10:10 PM
That said we are coming to play and we are using HOUSE MONEY...

DJloves
01-15-2012, 10:10 PM
We can't get ****y. The 49ers are obviously a great team with a very great D. We can't sleep on them. There's a reason they beat the Saints, who in many people's opinion had the best offense in the NFL. We can't go in thinking we've already played our toughest game to the Super Bowl. 49ers are on a great roll right now too.

miked1958
01-15-2012, 10:11 PM
Plus we have alot of guys back we didnt have in first tilt

But good luck.

Niners and Gmen have a rich history in the playoffs with both sides winning nail biters and heartbreakers

I expect no different this time around

bansaw
01-15-2012, 10:12 PM
We can't get ****y. The 49ers are obviously a great team with a very great D. We can't sleep on them. There's a reason they beat the Saints, who in many people's opinion had the best offense in the NFL. We can't go in thinking we've already played our toughest game to the Super Bowl. 49ers are on a great roll right now too.no way we get ****y

we're on the road, means we werent good enough for home field
I think we have a solid shot though

NYCDBS
01-15-2012, 10:14 PM
I give the 49ers a lot of respect for beating the Saints but NO WAY so they get past us!!!! We are the best team in football by a mile WE PROVED IT TONIGHT!!!! San Fran better pray for rain because the GIANTS are coming in!!!!!

simms56
01-15-2012, 10:16 PM
That was an amazing win yesterday by the Niners. I like their style, love their coach, young D is playing well, and the Gore/Davis/Smith trifecta has really earned some stripes after suffering through way too many coordinator changes. This will be a tough game both ways. I do feel the Giants offense has more firepower and we have a more experienced coach. Really, I am just hoping for a remotely fairly officiated game and let the better team Sun win.

SuttersMill
01-15-2012, 10:17 PM
I give the 49ers a lot of respect for beating the Saints but NO WAY so they get past us!!!! We are the best team in football by a mile WE PROVED IT TONIGHT!!!! San Fran better pray for rain because the GIANTS are coming in!!!!!

Good thing it's supposed to rain all week then. Giants are on a roll and the game will be hard for both teams, but you're getting a little ahead of yourself. No offense.

nycisgreat
01-15-2012, 10:26 PM
With humility, I want my team to win it all. I think the niners are a good team. I think it will be a low scoring and physical game. It will be a good game next week.

RugDaniels
01-15-2012, 10:32 PM
I'm really happy the Giants are playing the 49ers, I'm in my 30's so I've seen a lot of 49ers v. Giants game in the Montana / Young / Simms era, and they were great. San Fran gave us plenty of lumps and the Giants (Jim Burt!!) dished some out too.

I think it's going to be a great game and I'm feeling good about it. Giants need to play just as well as they did today though, this San Fran team is tough.

I just like the way this 49ers team plays. Tough defense is so much more fun to watch than the track meet stuff the Saints roll out.

I won't feel so warmly towards the 9ers later this week, but for now I'm glad to be playing them.

shotcalla39
01-15-2012, 10:36 PM
As good and tough as the 9ers are... I don't think this is their year... We've been here before ... We know what to expect .. we know what it takes... 9ers will have there's but not this year

GiantWarfare
01-15-2012, 10:37 PM

I just wanna' say: God bless you guys for eliminating the Saints. We would have been doomed if we had to go to the dome. Thank the lord you guys won!

This.

Hell of a game we got next weekend btwn two classic franchises, a long-forgotten rivalry by many, but not by the fans...

Respect to the 9ers this season...they've played the type of ball us fans love...and have earned their spot in the NFCCG...

May the better team win!

PrideofNY
01-15-2012, 10:38 PM

Hopefully being that the Niners and Giants took out the teams the NFL wanted to move on (Packers/Saints) officiating will not be a factor. Other then the fans of both teams, the rest of the world wanted to see Rogers and Brees shoot it out.....Here's to sticking it to the man!!! HA HA !
Yeah, cheers. Should be a great game. These two teams were huge rivals in the days of Montana and Simms. It'll be a great storyline to revisit this week.

Bigg Bluee
01-15-2012, 10:40 PM
If it doesn't rain i can't see alex smith outdueling eli. You saw how well eli passed with a frozen hand today. Imagine if he gets the opportunity in san fran. Pray for the rain, because frank gore can beat us. Maybe.

Voldamort
01-15-2012, 10:44 PM
It will be a good game,but the Giants will win!!!

Tx49erFan
01-15-2012, 10:50 PM
If it doesn't rain i can't see alex smith outdueling eli. You saw how well eli passed with a frozen hand today. Imagine if he gets the opportunity in san fran. Pray for the rain, because frank gore can beat us. Maybe.

That's what the Saints thought my friend......Like Floyd Mayweather Jr. says "It's different as soon as you step in the ring with me." It's going to be a heck of a game!

NYCDBS
01-15-2012, 11:10 PM

Good thing it's supposed to rain all week then. Giants are on a roll and the game will be hard for both teams, but you're getting a little ahead of yourself. No offense.

I'm not taking offense to your post but let's put things in perspective. We just dominated the best team in football and you think I'm getting ahead of myself? What do you think San Fran is going to do against our defense that Aaron Rodgers couldn't.... I understand that everyone wants to respect our upcoming opponent but I don't see them beating us. I posted earlier this week that I didn't think that this game would be as close as everyone thought look it up!!!! This game won't be close either we match up really well against this team and book it we are going to the Superbowl1!!

RiceFan49
01-15-2012, 11:10 PM
49er fan here.

Congrats on destroying the Packers.
I am so glad the 2 "sexy" picks for the NFC have been eliminated. I seriously did not want the 49ers to lose to either of those teams. If we happen to lose to you guys next week, at least it would be to a real football team.
I'm looking forward to a muddy slugfest at Candlestick. That said, bring your best, because we're gonna hit you with everything we got!

RagingBlue
01-15-2012, 11:20 PM
This game is going to be EPIC!! It's going to be a legendary game. The 49ers defense is nasty. And you know a great defense can win a championship. The NY Giants will need to bring their A game and makes no mistakes. The team that wins this one deserves to win the SUPERBOWL! You did us a favor by beating the Saints and we did you favor by beating the Packers. You won't get any trash talking from me.

Mohann
01-15-2012, 11:21 PM
I love the 49ers style of D, but we're the most well rounded team left and have the best chance or the four remaining teams.

RagingBlue
01-15-2012, 11:23 PM
Btw, it will probably come down to a field goal.

JMFP2
01-15-2012, 11:24 PM

</P>

Thanks, and congrats for beating the Saints.</P>

I'm really happy that good defense still has a place in the NFL.....the 49ers and Giants just proved it this weekend.</P>

JJC7301
01-15-2012, 11:25 PM

Props to your team, sir. THAT was an incredible game / win. I was rooting for you, not because I was afraid of the Saints, but I was happy to see a D-dominant team beat an O-dominant team.

I'm glad that our two teams are representing the NFC in the championship game next weekend. It's going to be a GREAT game and if the 49ers win, I'll be pulling for them to keep the Lombardi in the NFC.

LETS GO GIANTS!!!

JJC7301

Props to your team, sir. THAT was an incredible game / win. I was rooting for you, not because I was afraid of the Saints, but I was happy to see a D-dominant team beat an O-dominant team. Plus, your team was getting NO consideration from experts -- everyone was talking about the Pack, NO, and even our team, but NOBODY was mentioning the 49er which is incredible since they had, by far, the best D in the NFL this year.

I'm glad that our two teams are representing the NFC in the championship game next weekend. It's going to be a GREAT game and if the 49ers win, I'll be pulling for them to keep the Lombardi in the NFC.

LETS GO GIANTS!!!

RiceFan49

I have every confidence in David Akers!

AllTuckedUp
01-15-2012, 11:28 PM

Let''s see what happens :)

yes, just happy to have the chance!

RagingBlue
01-15-2012, 11:33 PM

I have every confidence in David Akers!

Thanks, I want to strangle Tynes, lol. Missing a field goal (got blocked, but still) and kicking the ball out of bounds. Are you serious, in the playoffs? Why couldn't Akers play for an AFC team? He wants to haunt us or something.

fourth&forever
01-15-2012, 11:38 PM
49er fan here.

Congrats on destroying the Packers.
I am so glad the 2 "sexy" picks for the NFC have been eliminated. I seriously did not want the 49ers to lose to either of those teams. If we happen to lose to you guys next week, at least it would be to a real football team.
I'm looking forward to a muddy slugfest at Candlestick. That said, bring your best, because we're gonna hit you with everything we got!
Welcome foe! That was a crazy game yesterday. You must have been going crazy watching the end of that one. I was rooting for you the whole way. Nice win against the aints. You guys have an excellent team. We admire your style of football. That our style too. Nothing fancy. The coming battle in the trenches will be epic!

Bring your A game. We will be bringing ours. And lets both hope the refs have an A game for a change.

JayDAche
01-15-2012, 11:38 PM
Another 49ers fan here, hopefully we are in for a nice week of friendly debate.

Haven't seen more sore *** fans in my life as compared to Saints fans. Trashy in victory and trashy in defeat.
Best of luck to you guys, and Here's to hoping everyone shows up to play physical football.

Kind of disgusting seeing the Saints fans crying that the Niners only won because they played dirty on Saturday.

quadros
01-15-2012, 11:41 PM
I'm a niner fan also I wish I read the Saints boards. We just whipped their butts fair and square. "Who Dat"? "Who Dat"? "We Dat"!

sligoker
01-16-2012, 12:24 AM
If, as the other 49er fan said, the field could be very muddy, then its going to be all about the running game. Now on paper, with Gore, the 49ers seem to have an edge. but the thing that has impressed me most about the Giants over the last 4 weeks is the oppositions inability to run the ball. Also, I think Eli is one of the best bad weather QB's in football. Makes for an interesting match up.

RiceFan49
01-16-2012, 12:32 AM
I noticed you guys developed a running game heading into the playoffs. I definitely want to see it tested against our run D.

JayDAche
01-16-2012, 12:36 AM
If,* as the other 49er fan said, the field could be very muddy, then its going to be all about the running game.* Now on paper, with Gore, the 49ers seem to have an edge. but the thing that has impressed me most about the Giants over the last 4 weeks is the oppositions inability to run the ball.* Also, I think Eli is one of the best bad weather QB's in football.* Makes for an interesting match up.

In that case I would still come down to our Secondaries ability to play the way they did this week against the Saints.
I've never seen the 49er Secondary as impressive as it was vs the Saints.

fourth&forever
01-16-2012, 12:37 AM
I noticed you guys developed a running game heading into the playoffs. I definitely want to see it tested against our run D.
We will pretend to run and beat you through the air. Even if its wet.

GiantWarfare
01-16-2012, 12:38 AM
Im so stoked that the two "unstoppable" NFC offenses in the Saints and Pack are home fishing right now...

Bohemian
01-16-2012, 12:39 AM
My brother has been a huge niners fan since the mid 80s. So I have always had a great admiration for the niners organization and the great teams that they have provided through the years. As a Giants fan it is easy to look at our playoff history and see how teams like the niners always bring the best on us. From the amazing victory of 90' with that fake punt run by Gary Reasons, to that horrific loss when giving up a huge lead in the second half during that 03' wild card game... the only conclusion that one can draw from it all, is that these classic organizations will be ready to put on a show next Sunday.

Go Blue!

JayDAche
01-16-2012, 12:43 AM
Im so stoked that the two "unstoppable" NFC offenses in the Saints and Pack are home fishing right now...
As am I...
Not going to lie I wanted to play the Packers though.

I knew at this point in the season the Giants were a more solid all around team.

Good Luck to Henry Hynoski in his search for his first Superbowl ring, From his friends... Family... and High school opponents back home ;)

simms56
01-16-2012, 01:01 AM
Another 49ers fan here, hopefully we are in for a nice week of friendly debate.

Haven't seen more sore *** fans in my life as compared to Saints fans. Trashy in victory and trashy in defeat.
Best of luck to you guys, and Here's to hoping everyone shows up to play physical football.

Kind of disgusting seeing the Saints fans crying that the Niners only won because they played dirty on Saturday.

That is laughable, the Niners won fair and square even though if anything the Saints got the calls. i was pulling hard for the Niners because I like their style and I like D. These 2 teams are playing great and I would be surprised if it were not a great game.

fourth&forever
01-16-2012, 01:45 AM
As am I...

I knew at this point in the season the Giants were a more solid all around team.

Good Luck to Henry Hynoski in his search for his first Superbowl ring, From his friends... Family... and High school opponents back home ;)
We're proud to have the Hynorceous on our team.

RiceFan49
01-16-2012, 01:49 AM
I thought the wait for the Saints game was long, now I have to wait a whole week for the NFCCG too!
I'd forgotten what it was like having your team play football in January.

denali22
01-16-2012, 03:48 AM
niner fan here,

congrats on your domination of GB! Teams that are top in offense and
LAST in defense shouldnt make it to championships in my opinion. i will
root for the ravens next week and obviously my niners! the regular
season game came down to the wire, and i expect this to be even more
nail biting!

you guys have a very balanced team. you guys have a better offense,
where we have a better defense. We need help on WR, where you guys could
use some help on the secondary. our teams pretty much compliment each
other!

some matchups i'd love to watch is our secondary vs your talented trio
of recievers ( in my opinion, probably the BEST recieving trio in the
NFL. and ive said it all year!). Another matchup i'd like to watch is
how alex smith does against your secondary. the NYG D is alot like the
niners..getting pressure with 4-5 guys, which makes throwing alot
tougher. last week the saints would blitz with a TON of guys which gave
us favorable 1 on 1's with our stud TE.

**Now in reply to your post NYCDBS, with no homerism, i honestly think the saints were the team to beat in the NFL. the packers are a one dimensional team. you guys barely lost to GB 38-35 but got BLOWN out by the saints 49-24. beating a team led my drew brees, 3 pro bowl offensive line, a record setting jimmy graham and another record setting darren sproles is no joke. you guys beat a phenominal team, dont get me wrong! But now its back to a ground and pound, time of possesion game. im predicting a 26-21 game. go luck! and go niners!

Forty9erGold
01-16-2012, 04:17 AM

we hate the Eagles, Cowboys, Pats, Jets, Packers, Saints......we have no bone to pick with the 49rs

I know the obvious hate for the Cowboys, Jets and Eagles but why do you guys hate the Packers and Saints (although i can see why any other fans would really be annoyed by the Saints fans, they are really nasty, ignorant and have no clue about football and are very class less group, the worst fans i've encountered in a long time. can not have a civil debate with those donkeys).

In any case, I wish and pray both teams are healthy and ready to go. I don't want a tainted victory for either side. If we win, I want our 9er team to defeat your Giants team at their full strength and vice versa. I thought all along that this could be the inevitable match up even before both our teams respectively faced the two most potent offenses and QB's of our generation. With the all the talk about prolific offensive outputs, QB's throwing for record yards, TD's, etc.................Most of these so called experts and pundits forgot that you need to still play good defense in this league to win and complete TEAMS win Championships NOT prolific offenses.

I believed all along that the Giants and the 9ers were the two best TEAMS in the NFC with the most balance. Obviously your offense is better than ours but our defense is at this point still a little better than yours. The key factor in this match up is going to be turnovers. And the 9ers lead the league this year in turn over ratio, so hopefully for us, that trend continues.

I honestly didn't care who won the match up between Giants/GB as I feared playing GB in green bay in freezing weather is definitely not a positive for a west coast team. But I'm also aware that the Giants are a better team than GB and peaking at the right time. However, we get to play your Giants at the Stick, which is obviously a "home field advantage." If this game was played in your house, I don't like our chances as much.

I believe both our teams are built similar with our current team resembling more your 2007 team which no one gave a chance to win it all. We have an efficient offense, a very good defense and a great special teams. And I also know you guys are built in similar fashion but with a lot more playoff experience and a battle tested Eli-te QB with lots of offensive weapons.

This game is going to be a very hard fought physical battle played between two of the best TEAMS in football that isn't just one dimensional but are well balanced in all three phases of the game. And I guess Jim Harbaugh being an astute coach recognized this as he told his team after our regular season victory over your team, "we will probably see them again, that's a great TEAM over there."

I can't wait for it to happen and the countdown to Sunday has now begun. Wish you all the best regardless of what happens, as I have come to realized the Giants fans are probably the most knowledgeable fans in all of football. And I enjoy the smack talking here and there but I'd prefer the more intelligent, constructive argument anytime.

May the best and more prepared team win on Sunday and lets all hope for an injury free game where both teams can play at full strength and let it all lay out on the field! Good luck!

hungrrrry
01-16-2012, 06:46 AM

Let''s see what happens :)I second that...I really thought we should have won against 49ers and hope this is our chance to redeem ourselves but that defense is awesome...however, ours has improved significantly since then...my stomach is going to be in knots through the whole game

CTLadyBlue
01-16-2012, 07:20 AM
I'm a niner fan also I wish I read the Saints boards. We just whipped their butts fair and square. "Who Dat"? "Who Dat"? "We Dat"!

Yes, THANK YOU for sending 'Cool Brees' and his over-inflated stats and that stupid '300' chant back to their cozy dome. Now he has time to do more NyQuil commercials. How ironic that the two best offenses in the playoffs were promptly sent home and the final four boasts 3 of the best defenses. Yeah, I'll say it - defense wins championships!

Glad we're coming to San Fran. You guys have an incredible team and what a building up from where you were a few years ago. It's gonna remind me of that 1991 Championship Game slugfest - it was the D that held Montana and the D which helped us win the game (LT causing that Roger Craig fumble which set up the game winning FG)

Good memories. Great matchup. No wonder we were given the coveted night game next Sunday and not the AFC

CTLadyBlue
01-16-2012, 07:31 AM

I know the obvious hate for the Cowboys, Jets and Eagles but why do you guys hate the Packers and Saints

I think it comes down to how exhausted we are hearing them exalted in the media. Rodgers for MVP and Brees with all his super stats that don't mean squat when the playoffs start. The tongue baths ESPN gave these guys just made me sick - well, they had to find someone to put on a pedestal now that there's no Favre, Vick or Romo to fawn over.

Brees annoys me. What that team did to the lowly Colts in that 62-7 beatdown was beyond disgusting. Classless and pointless and all to inflate his almighty stats.

Rodgers doesn't bother me too much. I do like GB. They are a legendary organization, but all this 'Rodgers this and Rodgers that' was just too much

Tx49erFan
01-16-2012, 11:07 AM

I know the obvious hate for the Cowboys, Jets and Eagles but why do you guys hate the Packers and Saints

I think it comes down to how exhausted we are hearing them exalted in the media. Rodgers for MVP and Brees with all his super stats that don't mean squat when the playoffs start. The tongue baths ESPN gave these guys just made me sick - well, they had to find someone to put on a pedestal now that there's no Favre, Vick or Romo to fawn over.

Brees annoys me. What that team did to the lowly Colts in that 62-7 beatdown was beyond disgusting. Classless and pointless and all to inflate his almighty stats.

Rodgers doesn't bother me too much. I do like GB. They are a legendary organization, but all this 'Rodgers this and Rodgers that' was just too much

Well said!!

Redeyejedi
01-16-2012, 11:19 AM

I respect the way the 49ers play.There what the NFL should be about physical Footbal. Im so glad they beat the Saints.The Saints are everything that is wrong with the NFL. A team that is completely finesse and a product of all the pro offensive rules

Bohemian
01-16-2012, 11:29 AM
I have to say that I am really enjoying this dialogue between Giants and Niners fans. Two top notch organizations with lots of pride and dignity.

My brother and I are already starting with the trash talk, as he is a long time Niners fan. He is certainly worried about the quality of our late play and strong roster, while I am worried about their excellent defense and running game. This game is much like that classic 90-91 championship game, with the difference being that, this time we have the more flashy and skillful offense while they have the smash-mouth defense. History has a funny way of repeating itself.

I am hoping for a Giants-Ravens Super Bowl, because I still have a bad taste in my mouth from that loss in 2000.

Go Blue!

NinersFan85
01-16-2012, 11:51 AM
Hey guys, 49ers fan here. First off, thanks for being classy. It's rare for us 49er fans to see other fans actually being classy and not taking cheap shots. Man, talking to Saints fans, Seahawks fans, Steelers fans, Browns fans, etc, I thought everyone was a hater lol.

I think both Niner and Giants nation was happy about the 49ers win against the Saints. I don't blame you guys for wanting to play us rather than NO. In my opinion, no one was beating NO in their dome.

You guys have a distinct advantage in a few places for this game, and we have a few that I'll mention:

#1) Eli. Let me tell you something from an outsiders view: That is how the Qb position is to be played. Slinging the ball, taking chances, going down field, having a short memory, throwing your guys open, and being everything your team needs. I was critical of Eli in the past, he was a turnover machine and seemed like he went ******ed every other game. Not anymore. This guy is elite - he scares me, A LOT. Even more than Drew Brees. Yeah, Brees is awesome, but Brees also doesn't hold onto the ball very much, uses Sproles as a safety valve that makes Brees look even better than he already is, and he has that 6'7 TE that came out of nowhere and defenses don't know how to cover him.

Eli is different and honestly for my money, Eli is better. Eli is standing in the pocket now like Brady -- he has confidence, has mastered the offense, and isn't going to be check-down Charlie. He's improved this season and as good as Cruz is, he has Eli to thank. Cruz isn't half the receiver he was this year without Eli making those ridiculous throws. Our Secondary is good, but susceptible to a big armed, accurate QB.

2) Pass Rush - our OL isn't a great pass blocking OL, and as much as Alex has improved, he still holds the ball too long. All I can say is that I hope Mark Roman took notes in the NO games and realized the need for screens and slants to be called, because the Giants D-Line is not going to show us mercy.

3) Bradshaw - he was out the first game, and a shifty back like that can give this defense trouble. you saw what Sproles did to us, early in the year Jahvid best was gashing us for some nice gaines, and a guy like Brashaw who can run and catch could be a difference maker.

scoopscj
01-16-2012, 12:00 PM
Old time classic duel. Giants have experience and the niners have a physical style. If my giants lose i will pull for the niners in the super bowl. Let's hope for a clean, well officiated game.

I think the niners have the edge. Gore and your d make me very nervous.

NinersFan85
01-16-2012, 12:02 PM
Old time classic duel. Giants have experience and the niners have a physical style. If my giants lose i will pull for the niners in the super bowl. Let's hope for a clean, well officiated game.

Just curious, why do you think we have the edge?

scoopscj
01-16-2012, 12:08 PM

1. Muddy windy day favors defense and running and your team has a better d and a better running game,

2. Niners are a bit more physical.

3 home field

Edge niners. Giants need to play mistake free and stop gore and Davis. I think 23 - 20 game. It can go either way.

scoopscj
Discount double post

scoopscj
Bah. Discount double post. Sorry.

Jobarulz
01-16-2012, 12:13 PM
Hey guys, 49ers fan here. First off, thanks for being classy. It's rare for us 49er fans to see other fans actually being classy and not taking cheap shots. Man, talking to Saints fans, Seahawks fans, Steelers fans, Browns fans, etc, I thought everyone was a hater lol.

I think both Niner and Giants nation was happy about the 49ers win against the Saints. I don't blame you guys for wanting to play us rather than NO. In my opinion, no one was beating NO in their dome.

You guys have a distinct advantage in a few places for this game, and we have a few that I'll mention:

#1) Eli. Let me tell you something from an outsiders view: That is how the Qb position is to be played. Slinging the ball, taking chances, going down field, having a short memory, throwing your guys open, and being everything your team needs. I was critical of Eli in the past, he was a turnover machine and seemed like he went ******ed every other game. Not anymore. This guy is elite - he scares me, A LOT. Even more than Drew Brees. Yeah, Brees is awesome, but Brees also doesn't hold onto the ball very much, uses Sproles as a safety valve that makes Brees look even better than he already is, and he has that 6'7 TE that came out of nowhere and defenses don't know how to cover him.

Eli is different and honestly for my money, Eli is better. Eli is standing in the pocket now like Brady -- he has confidence, has mastered the offense, and isn't going to be check-down Charlie. He's improved this season and as good as Cruz is, he has Eli to thank. Cruz isn't half the receiver he was this year without Eli making those ridiculous throws. Our Secondary is good, but susceptible to a big armed, accurate QB.

2) Pass Rush - our OL isn't a great pass blocking OL, and as much as Alex has improved, he still holds the ball too long. All I can say is that I hope Mark Roman took notes in the NO games and realized the need for screens and slants to be called, because the Giants D-Line is not going to show us mercy.

3) Bradshaw - he was out the first game, and a shifty back like that can give this defense trouble. you saw what Sproles did to us, early in the year Jahvid best was gashing us for some nice gaines, and a guy like Brashaw who can run and catch could be a difference maker.

Some fine points. The Eli to Nicks and Cruz connections and the pass rush of our front four really has carried us far. They will likely be a factor again. That being said, as much as I didn't want to play NO, I don't see your team as a walk in the park. I mean you really held Brees down well and Smith has made great strides this year. His performance this past week against NO was Montana-like. Smith's ability to run scares me more than his arm, he really is mobile. Plus you guys got Willis, a true beast and arguably the best defensive player in the league. Harbaugh is already a top coach IMO, he fires you guys up. Plus, if the game comes down to David Akers leg, I'm waving the white flag before the snap, no matter how far the FG attempt is. That being said, this should be a great game. It's good that we can talk football with other fans and share mutual respect for one another.

CTLadyBlue
01-16-2012, 12:19 PM

NICE! Thanks. The Giants classiness is a product of Papa Wellington (RIP) who was 100% pure class. You think with the Jets sharing OUR stadium that some of this would've rubbed off on them. Oh well.. Next year.

This game is what playoff football is all about - two good offenses with a lot of weapons and two punishing defenses giving it all and leaving nothing on the field. No flash. No dash. No one out for individual attention. Just like late 80's games used to be.

Looking forward to this.

GMENAGAIN
01-16-2012, 12:22 PM
Peace? That's a weird name for a dude, but whatever . . . . .

Bigbluereckingcrew
01-16-2012, 12:48 PM

With all do respect, and I mean that...niners are the only team I think most Giants fans don't $hit on regularly, If the niners don't get to Eli, this game will be over by the half....I have been dead on on both these playoff games a week in advance in the predict the score thread, see for your self.

predict the score thread (/forums/4/2410298/ShowThread.aspx)

Alex Smith is improving, but he is years behind where Eli is now.

CA Jints Fan
01-16-2012, 01:05 PM
THE BEST game I ever saw was the 90 NFC championship game - Giants/ 49ers - final score 15-13.....even better than the SB the following week vs Buffalo!

From Reasons' fake punt to L Marshall planting Montana to E Howard forcing Craig to fumble and LT recovering to allow Bahr to kick the winning field goal....just an insane battle between two great teams....It could be Parcells best coached game too!

Either way, I am looking forward to this as much as anyone...should be a great game.

Morehead State
01-16-2012, 01:14 PM
THE BEST game I ever saw was the 90 NFC championship game - Giants/ 49ers - final score 15-13.....even better than the SB the following week vs Buffalo! From Reasons' fake punt to L Marshall planting Montana to E Howard forcing Craig to fumble and LT recovering to allow Bahr to kick the winning field goal....just an insane battle between two great teams....It could be Parcells best coached game too! Either way, I am looking forward to this as much as anyone...should be a great game.</P>

That Erik Howard forced fumble was one of the greatest defensive plays in Giants history.</P>

Some people don't understand how good a football player he was.</P>

freeoscar
01-16-2012, 01:16 PM
Alex Smith is reminding me of Eli '07 - relying on a great defense and running game, overreliance on 1 receiver (eli/plax, smith/davis), not doing much for most of the game but pulling it out in the end. he has confidence now, and that's 1/2 the battle. He isn't as good as Eli '11, but he's good enough to take you to the SB. The early weather forecast is favoring the 9ers huge - Eli has historically not been great in the wind, but we haven't seen him face it this year, so maybe he has improved.
big thing favoring the 9ers is special teams - our punter is good, yours is great. our FG is mediocre, yours is playing very well. I can see that deciding it.
Lets just hope the players on the field decide it, and not the refs.

ratchoke
01-16-2012, 01:17 PM
I too COME IN PEACE!!

Excited for this game, I hope NYG fans are too. You guys get the chance to revenge a loss in the playoffs where the stakes are higher!

ratchoke
01-16-2012, 01:19 PM
That was just one game. Our best playmakers (WR) wise imo has been Williams and Crabtree.

Yes VD came through BIG-TIME this last week and both are well deserving of it. They have both been counted out multiple times.

Now that is not to say, VD has been great pulling in double teams and blocking. He's been a great 'team' player all year.

DJloves
01-16-2012, 01:31 PM
niner fan here,

**Now in reply to your post NYCDBS, with no homerism, i honestly think the saints were the team to beat in the NFL. the packers are a one dimensional team. you guys barely lost to GB 38-35 but got BLOWN out by the saints 49-24. beating a team led my drew brees, 3 pro bowl offensive line, a record setting jimmy graham and another record setting darren sproles is no joke. you guys beat a phenominal team, dont get me wrong! But now its back to a ground and pound, time of possesion game. im predicting a 26-21 game. go luck! and go niners!

Now hold it right there. ;) We had to beat GB *in* GB, whereas at least you all got the benefit of playing the Saints at home. I don't want to discount your all's win, but then don't discount ours. There's a reason GB was two games ahead of the Saints (they did beat them). Plus, we are a much different team from when we played the Saints in the reg season. But I'm still incredibly happy you all beat them - as you all should be that we beat GB and now you all get to stay at home.

Giants892
01-16-2012, 02:54 PM
Let me just say that I'm estatic about this game! I knew that if the Giants were kicked out 49rs were the team I was rooting for in the NFC. After we lost the game to San Fran in the middle of the year I said that they were the most complete team in the NFC. I would still say that except that since the playoffs Giants have been giving them a run for their money. So I'm excited to see a game with two teams that have an offnese AND a defense. And whats more have both run and pass offense. </P>

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say I honestly think the Saints were the team to beat more so than the Packers. Packers are/were an amazing team, but I always felt like Brees could light up a defense almost as much as Rodgers could and the Saints had the better defense. But I think the Saints being away from their dome hurt them, Drew Brees can say what he wants butthe Saints are not the same team away from home. </P>

</P>

TheCatchIII
01-16-2012, 02:56 PM
THE BEST game I ever saw was the 90 NFC championship game - Giants/ 49ers - final score 15-13.....even better than the SB the following week vs Buffalo!

From Reasons' fake punt to L Marshall planting Montana to E Howard forcing Craig to fumble and LT recovering to allow Bahr to kick the winning field goal....just an insane battle between two great teams....It could be Parcells best coached game too!

Either way, I am looking forward to this as much as anyone...should be a great game.

Here's to us that remember this one!!!!

Man, this game still haunts me!

My only prediction is this will be a game. Niners have not been blown out once all year, so I expect a close game.

Our biggest weakness is covering big receivers, and you guys have them.

We need to keep our trend going and shut down your running game, BIG test there.

Either way, let's drink to the end of the story all year that the "game has changed" nonsense. It's still football. The two teams that "changed the rules" are out.

[B]

Diamondring
01-16-2012, 03:01 PM
I'm glad you came in piece 49er's fan and I hate your team real bad but I learned from them though and love the offense they had in the 80's and early mid 90's. I studied those two offense in both ereas in time. I realize from learning from them that more talent you have, increases your teams chances for success.

Your team dominated mines for a good amount of times and that is why I hate the 49ers but not bad as some other teams. I am not going to say good luck to you since that means I want you to win. Yet I will say I hope your team stays healthy though.

NinersFan85
01-16-2012, 03:24 PM
Our offensive coordinator is named Greg Roman -- i was having flashbacks to a safety we had in the Singletary era that cost us several games a year.

TroyArcher
01-16-2012, 03:30 PM
I am not a big fan of your head coach but he has done a great job. The Giants have been dominating the past few weeks and if they continue their same level of play they will be hard to beat. It should be a good old fashioned NFL game, not the arena league crap that has been dominating the league recently.

keyofgmen
01-16-2012, 03:35 PM
Just checking out 49ers board and they seem to really hate NY. Don't see that hate for San Fran here. I guess we are are just more polite!! HAHA!

ratchoke
01-16-2012, 03:43 PM
eh.... I read our board non-stop while @ work (where I'm at now) and there is not one thread hating NYG.

Most of us have shared our concern and excitement for a really tough game.

NinersFan85
01-16-2012, 04:22 PM
Just checking out 49ers board and they seem to really hate NY. Don't see that hate for San Fran here. I guess we are are just more polite!! HAHA!

hate? I haven't seen that at all. We all know you guys are hot and have the Qb and pass rush to beat us -- if anything I see a lot of respect for the NYG.

robtanner
01-16-2012, 04:38 PM

LMAO! so were the Saints.

JayDAche
01-16-2012, 05:17 PM
As am I...

He was a S.O.B. to play against in high school.

I remember getting lit up by him on a kick return haha.

JayDAche
01-16-2012, 05:19 PM

Depends what board you are looking at.
Regardless of what board you go to... their will be a few immature spaz's out there.
A Majority of the community, me included... has a general concern for the Giants the 2nd time.

Like I've said before... I felt more comfortable playing the Packers then playing the Giants a second time.

JayDAche
01-16-2012, 05:20 PM
Our offensive coordinator is named Greg Roman -- i was having flashbacks to a safety we had in the Singletary era that cost us several games a year.
I'm not a fan of Roman....
I think we have one of the worst O.C. in the league.

It shows when we get into the red zone.

FDNY Fitzy
01-16-2012, 05:22 PM
I don't hate the niners, but I would never set foot in the wine-tasting ultra-socialist haven that is san fran.

http://southparkstudios.mtvnimages.com/shared/downloads/images/season-10/1002/1002_2-enter-sanfran.jpg?width=320

fourth&forever
01-16-2012, 07:02 PM
As am I...

He was a S.O.B. to play against in high school.

I remember getting lit up by him on a kick return haha.
Thats an honor to remember. hahaha
http://cdn.newsday.com/polopoly_fs/1.3424089.1325550017!/httpImage/image.JPG_gen/derivatives/display_600/image.JPG

Forty9erGold
01-16-2012, 10:08 PM

Thats not true at all. Yes there are a couple of idiots we have on our board just as all teams fan forums do. But the majority of the 9ers fans and organization have mutual respect for the Giants and their fans. I for one have been following these two teams since the early 80's and realize how successful we both have been.

Do you guys realize that in the last 30 Super Bowls, The SF 49ers and the NY Giants have played in a third of them!?!?!? That's right, we have collectively played in a third of all the Super Bowls that been played in the last 30years (just two teams - 49ers &amp; Giants) and have won 9 of em!! That's a hell of a record for two teams among 32 to play in a third of the Super Bowls over a 30 year stretch!

It's evidence of the dominance and quality of play that these two teams have shown over the greater part of this generation. We have some all time classics against each other and if it wasn't for the NY Giants, I still maintain the 49ers would have been the only team in history to win three straight Super Bowls. As that 1990 49ers team was loaded up and down the roster with two hall of fame QB's on the same team. And no doubt we would have easily gone on to beat the Bills in the Super Bowl.

But we didn't and you guys did. Bill Parcells out coached George Seifert that day and your dominating defense lead by LT, played lights out. Still have bad memories of that game, realizing what our 9er team could have accomplished that year might never be duplicated again in this day an age of collective bargaining and free agency. Anyways, the historic rivalry between these two teams will always bring about some fond classic memories for me. East vs West, between two of the best organizations in the NFL. Good luck and may both teams bring it hard and play injury free. Hoping the 9ers pull out a victory in the end of course :)

Drez
01-16-2012, 10:14 PM
. I think all 49er and Giants fans have one thing in common. Were thrilled we will not be hearing anymore of Brees and Rogers. </P>

Kinda funny, at the bar I was watching the game at last night there was a Niner fan at the table next to minerooting for the Packers, lol.</P>

I was like, wtf?</P>

I was definitely pulling for you guys to beat NO. Don't take this the wrong way, but NO was the onlyteam in the playoffs that I didn't think the Giants had a chance ofbeating(particularly in the Dome). </P>

This should be a good, tough game. It won'tbe a cakewalk, as our previous meeting had shown.However, you guys aren't beating us twice this season!!!</P>

My predicition, Giants 31-Niners-24.</P>

UmenYiourAnIdiot
01-16-2012, 11:55 PM
The Blue side of me says 9ers get destroyed.

The wise side of me says Giants don't make it easy on themselves.

We have the better team right now.

un3ek9er
01-17-2012, 12:41 AM
I'm also a 9ers fan here in peace. From what I have heard, you guys are some pretty classy fans. From a lot of the posts I have read, you guys seem that way and are pretty logical. Yeah, there are homers here as there are on the 9ers board, but that is a given anywhere.

Of course you are going to believe in your team as i am going to believe in my 9ers. We are tough at home and the earlier match up, there was injuries on both sides. Now both teams are pretty much healthy, well Walker is still a bit questionable, but both teams are hot right now and it should be a GREAT game.

I am know way predicting a blowout and am not one to make predictions anyways. We both have SOLID D's. We had quite a few crucial dropped passes on third down against the Saints to stall some drives, mainly Crabtree, but Kyle Williams had one too. Vernon Davis went beastmode and Alex Smith played his best game yet.

We went out of our normal game plann and aired it out a bit more. Gore only had 13 carries, but still managed to get 83 yards mainly of the big 42 yard run which he always seems to get the one big breakout run every game. Kendall Hunter is no slouch too. He busted that 27 yard TD on you guys in our first meeting.

Most of you know we are a complete team. Defense and Special teams being our strong points, but our offense has been picking it up a bit. We have been scoring much better in the red zone the last few games. Our D can disrupt passing lanes just rushing four and that is what it is going to come down too, setting up Eli to make some mistakes like Brees did.

We are good at disguising coverage packages. We tackle extremely well and have the best red zone defense. Beware of Gholdson and Aldon Smith. Carlos Rogers can be sneaky also. I don't even need to explain about Bowman and Willis. Whitner laid some wood on PT causing the fumble and Thomas to leave the game with a concussion which he isn't the first. Players get hurt when they play our D. The Saints pretty much abandon the run game after that.

Harbaugh's style of ball control and clock management will bring the game down to the final minutes. Sure we pulled off 5 turnovers, but the Saints O can put points on the board.

Both of our teams play 60 minutes of football and it is going to come down to the wire. Hopefully my 9ers can come out on top. I don't see the game being decided by more than 7 points.

No team should think one is the better, we are both in the championship game which means we are both stout. This brings back plenty of great memories for me. I am still a bit bitter about that 91 game.

Here's to a hard hitting smash mouth game fought in the trenches and we are REALLY tough at home. This game will be epic and may the best team win, which will hopefully be my 9ers. :)

Good luck guys and I believe the victor will go on to win it all. NFC all the WAY!!

un3ek9er
01-17-2012, 12:43 AM
I don't know why it posted as one big block paragraph. Kind of getting used to your style of board. Sorry for that.

Managed to fix it.

JMFP2
01-17-2012, 12:49 AM
Welcome to the boards.</P>

49ers are not going to be easy, at all. Giants already dropped a game to them, so they know first hand.....maybe it's good they lost, so they won't feel overconfident after whipping the 15-1 World Champs in their own backyard.</P>

This is going to be a battle....but the 49ers aren't the only team that can bring the lumber.</P>

Everyone knows that Eli plays huge in huge games. We'll see what Alex Smith can do againsta defense that can pressure the QB without selling out on the blitz.</P>

I'm not sure how much the 49ers have changed since the first game.....but the Giants are playing at a much higher level now on defense.</P>

un3ek9er
01-17-2012, 12:55 AM

49ers are not going to be easy, at all.* Giants already dropped a game to them, so they know first hand.....maybe it's good they lost, so they won't feel overconfident after whipping the 15-1 World Champs in their own backyard.</P>

This is going to be a battle....but the 49ers aren't the only team that can bring the lumber.</P>

Everyone knows that Eli plays huge in huge games.* We'll see what Alex Smith can do against*a defense that can pressure the QB without selling out on the blitz.</P>

*</P>Alex is Very good against blitzing. I believe he was behind Brady against the Blitz. It's when there is only pressure from 4 that makes him fold like a lawn chair.

killerblue8787
01-17-2012, 01:06 AM
I give huge props to what harbaugh has done down there in San Fran this year and love the way you guys play ball. I expect very physical game sunday night I can't wait.

JJC7301
01-17-2012, 01:46 AM

49ers are not going to be easy, at all.* Giants already dropped a game to them, so they know first hand.....maybe it's good they lost, so they won't feel overconfident after whipping the 15-1 World Champs in their own backyard.</P>

Everyone knows that Eli plays huge in huge games.* We'll see what Alex Smith can do against*a defense that can pressure the QB without selling out on the blitz.</P>

I'm not sure how much the 49ers have changed since the first game.....but the Giants are playing at a much higher level now on defense.</P>
Nice observation about already playing and losing to the 49ers because one thing that has scared me about the Giants over the past 3 years is their ability to ****y and see it all blow up in their faces. If the Giants come in ****y and don't bring their "A" game, SF will role right over them.

arrjay
01-17-2012, 01:49 AM
THE BEST game I ever saw was the 90 NFC championship game - Giants/
49ers - final score 15-13.....even better than the SB the following week
vs Buffalo!

From Reasons' fake punt to L Marshall planting Montana to E Howard
forcing Craig to fumble and LT recovering to allow Bahr to kick the
winning field goal....just an insane battle between two great
teams....It could be Parcells best coached game too!

couldn't agree more.... best game I ever watched.. and no td's by the gmen... defense all the way!

un3ek9er
01-17-2012, 01:53 AM
THE BEST game I ever saw was the 90 NFC championship game - Giants/
49ers - final score 15-13.....even better than the SB the following week
vs Buffalo!

From Reasons' fake punt to L Marshall planting Montana to E Howard
forcing Craig to fumble and LT recovering to allow Bahr to kick the
winning field goal....just an insane battle between two great
teams....It could be Parcells best coached game too!

couldn't agree more.... best game I ever watched..* and no td's by the gmen... defense all the way!
That damn Roger Craig fumble. Talk about a heart breaker.

Ahmad44rushHARD
01-17-2012, 02:18 AM

Home team?

dekkiller49
01-17-2012, 03:22 AM
I'm a niners fan and i come in peace! You guys have a great team and it's all coming together at the right time, but please don't overlook us either as some of you are doing, as the same is happening for us!

all in all it should be a great match, but i really disagree with a few of you saying the giants are clearly the better team, we both have our advantages.

Drez
01-17-2012, 07:32 AM
I'm a niners fan and i come in peace! You guys have a great team and it's all coming together at the right time, but please don't overlook us either as some of you are doing, as the same is happening for us!

all in all it should be a great match, but i really disagree with a few of you saying the giants are clearly the better team, we both have our advantages.
</P>

Of course we're going to say that we're the better team... We're Giants fans. Much like I'm sure you believe that you have the better team. Either way, I think a lot of that [us saying we have a better team] has to do with the confidence that the players themselves have been showing. It doesn't seem ****y or arrogant at all... At least not to me. It seems like the sincerely believe that if they bring their A game they don't believe they can lose. </P>

Either way, I don't think it's possible to overlook a team that's already beaten you earlier in the season. This was a game the players were hoping for after our loss to you in Week 10. They, and us as fans, want revenge. I'm sure you can understand that.</P>

Roswell777
01-17-2012, 07:42 AM
A lot of posters have come in peace and left in pieces.

Voldamort
01-17-2012, 07:44 AM
Thanks see you on sunday

SIMMS5611
01-17-2012, 08:03 AM
Just be prepared, because rumor has to Tom Coughlin has really been working on his grip in preparation of shaking hands w/Harbaugh....[;)]

nygsb42champs
01-17-2012, 08:20 AM
It will be a slugfest for sure.

Bigbluereckingcrew
01-17-2012, 09:10 AM
Nothing like an old school smash-mouth battle of wills, you can keep all that finesse crap, I'll take two physical teams butting heads any day!!!!