PDA

View Full Version : GIANTS VS PATS REMATCH would be huge for the NFL...

lovetohatetheeagles
01-15-2012, 09:43 PM
It will be interesting to see if THE GIANTS get some officiating help next week to help make that game happen (NOT that they will need it).

After today, it's obvious that there are attempts to manipulate outcomes. And "someone" really wanted the Packers to win or the Giants to lose.

buddy33
01-15-2012, 09:44 PM
I'd rather they get back at the Ravens.

egyptian420
01-15-2012, 09:46 PM
I'd rather they get back at the Ravens.
this......let's not get too ahead of ourselves though, we got a great team to face next Sunday....still though, I'm going to enjoy this one for several days

mrg3
01-15-2012, 09:47 PM
I agree Buddy 2000, I like Belichik, But Im about sick of them whinning Pats Fans about the SB

TheEnigma
01-15-2012, 09:48 PM
To establish on your original point, I don't think the NFL favors teams because they like them but rather for the possible ratings and storylines that a Superbowl or playoff game would produce. The NFL would of ate up something like Patriots/Packers or Patriots/Saints all day. Now they have to contend with the 49ers/Giants for NFC choices. Of course, I think the ref calls could go to either NFC team depending on who wins the AFC.

My predictions are as followed:

If the Patriots win, the refs could possibly favor us for the 2007 rematch game.

If the Ravens win, the refs could possibly favor the 49ers for the first ever Superbowl featuring brother vs. brother head coaches.

Just my two cents under the assumption the NFL works that way (which it's starting to look that way...)

Bluesmash
01-15-2012, 09:52 PM
If the Giants make the SB, it will be a rematch either way.