PDA

View Full Version : Antrel Rolle"s disrespect of American service members

Chilito
12-03-2010, 06:09 AM
How dare Andre Rolle compare himself to a US service member? All he has done all his life is run up and down a field chasing a football. Thousands of brave men and women put their lives at risk in order for Rolle to be able to live his life of privilege and luxury. Rolle is an entertainer, nothing more. His job is to win football games. When he does, he gets cheered; when he doesn't, he gets booed. It is just that simple. He needs to get over his bloated ego and speak only when he has something worthwhile to say. He plays in the National Football League, those who serve their country in military uniform do so in an entirely different league altogether.

thegreatone
12-03-2010, 07:28 AM
How dare Andre Rolle compare himself to a US service member? All he has done all his life is run up and down a field chasing a football. Thousands of brave men and women put their lives at risk in order for Rolle to be able to live his life of privilege and luxury. Rolle is an entertainer, nothing more. His job is to win football games. When he does, he gets cheered; when he doesn't, he gets booed. It is just that simple. He needs to get over his bloated ego and speak only when he has something worthwhile to say. He plays in the National Football League, those who serve their country in military uniform do so in an entirely different league altogether.
so what? if you dont see the comparisons between the military and football then your a nimrod.

violet1
12-03-2010, 07:35 AM

Well written and please disregard that comment above mine. Obiviously written by a 33 year old brat that never laid his life on the line for his country.

cincin
12-03-2010, 08:24 AM
Hey NimRod,

My husband has been in the Military for 18 years and let me tell you something. There is ZERO comparisons (football to Battlefield).
If you think there is then I think you take a trip overseas and place yourself in the middle of the fight, and then come back and let me know the comparisons.
Catching a freaking ball my two year old can do. Taking a weapon in your hands and trying to save your life is a HERO. Not some overpaid bigmouth that gets paid for a game I can play.
It's people like you that make me sick. You have zero respect for what these men do for our country. If it weren't for my husband and all the other service men and women you my friend would not have the opportunity to run your big mouth like that fool Antrel...

nycowns
12-03-2010, 08:46 AM
So what? Get a life, and stop complaining about stupid comments made by people. People are so effing sensitive in this country.

Go Away. Get over it. Glad you took the time to sign up here, just to post this though, good job, now go get a life.

Rolle is obv not used to the NY media, he will learn how to better deal with these jack***es by next year, I hope.

nycowns
12-03-2010, 08:49 AM
Also like he mentiones in his apology, several people have been paralized playing this "game" so there is a risk at stake. There are more than "entertainers", get a clue.

violet1
12-03-2010, 10:04 AM
Also like he mentiones in his apology, several people have been paralized playing this "game" so there is a risk at stake. There are more than "entertainers", get a clue.

Probably the most ignorant post ever on this board. You sir are comparing a game where 3 men have been paralyzed, to the military where millions have lost their lives defending your country. Crawl away quickly. Please crawl away.

violet1
12-03-2010, 10:13 AM
So what? Get a life, and stop complaining about stupid comments made by people. People are so effing sensitive in this country.

Go Away. Get over it. Glad you took the time to sign up here, just to post this though, good job, now go get a life.

Also, if it weren't for our military, you wouldn't even be able to post your nonsense. NIMROD

Rolle is obv not used to the NY media, he will learn how to better deal with these jack***es by next year, I hope.

dezzzR
12-03-2010, 10:14 AM
is there a quote? i know he said something about fans booing but i didnt hear anything about him comparing being a football player to a service member. if its true, hes a moron and so is anyone who agrees with him. so football players are more than entertainers because they can get paralyzed? thats the most ridiculous thing iv ever herd.

Sundown
12-03-2010, 10:40 AM
What Rolle said was asinine and he later apologized for his comments but for people to be overly sensitive to one persons commennt is fool hearty. Theres a lot more problems in todays society to worry about one comment. Move on folks.

violet1
12-03-2010, 10:40 AM
is there a quote? i know he said something about fans booing but i didnt hear anything about him comparing being a football player to a service member. if its true, hes a moron and so is anyone who agrees with him. so football players are more than entertainers because they can get paralyzed? thats the most ridiculous thing iv ever herd.

Yes, he stupidly said that they should be considered miltary. Unreal. And these dummies defend him. What a world we live in. Spoiled brats.

michaelkhan3
12-03-2010, 11:48 AM
How dare Andre Rolle compare himself to a US service member? All he has done all his life is run up and down a field chasing a football. Thousands of brave men and women put their lives at risk in order for Rolle to be able to live his life of privilege and luxury. Rolle is an entertainer, nothing more. His job is to win football games. When he does, he gets cheered; when he doesn't, he gets booed. It is just that simple. He needs to get over his bloated ego and speak only when he has something worthwhile to say. He plays in the National Football League, those who serve their country in military uniform do so in an entirely different league altogether.</P>

</P>

He didnt compare himsilf to anything go look at what he said before u give out about it ******</P>

hutch
12-03-2010, 12:11 PM
and the crybaby b.s. continues............leave rolle alone

dezzzR
12-03-2010, 12:41 PM
How dare Andre Rolle compare himself to a US service member? All he has done all his life is run up and down a field chasing a football. Thousands of brave men and women put their lives at risk in order for Rolle to be able to live his life of privilege and luxury. Rolle is an entertainer, nothing more. His job is to win football games. When he does, he gets cheered; when he doesn't, he gets booed. It is just that simple. He needs to get over his bloated ego and speak only when he has something worthwhile to say. He plays in the National Football League, those who serve their country in military uniform do so in an entirely different league altogether.</p>

</p>

He didnt compare himsilf to anything go look at what he said before u give out about it ******</p>he clearly campared the team to troops returning from iraq. which is why he apologized. just like you now owe chilito an apology

krygny
12-03-2010, 12:58 PM
so what? if you dont see the comparisons between the military and football then your a nimrod.

All us nimrods are still waiting for you point out the salient similarities.

Tolduso
12-03-2010, 01:01 PM
Wow he apologized for the statement. You guys that take athletes quotes literally like if it was Obama kill me! They're atlete entertainers not geniouses. Get a life and read my quote below

dezzzR
12-03-2010, 01:21 PM
Wow he apologized for the statement. You guys that take athletes quotes literally like if it was Obama kill me! They're atlete entertainers not geniouses. Get a life and read my quote belowwell when he calls fans out for booing i think the fans can respond however they want. this is a message board is it not?

SweetZombieJesus
12-03-2010, 01:23 PM
Look, I think you're overreacting. I don't think he even disrespected anybody in the military. It's just the overused "going to war" metaphor that players use.

Rolle wasn't around for Lt. Col. Gasden's speech. All our guys were very apologetic after his visit about using war analogies to describe sports. But it happens all the time.

violet1
12-03-2010, 03:32 PM
Wow he apologized for the statement. You guys that take athletes quotes literally like if it was Obama kill me! They're atlete entertainers not geniouses. Get a life and read my quote below

And you are no genius either, my man. Please note the correct spelling of genius, numskull!

Overdrive92
12-03-2010, 04:02 PM
The guy apologized and knows he was wrong.

Grow up and move on.

thegreatone
12-03-2010, 04:10 PM
Hey NimRod,

My husband has been in the Military for 18 years and let me tell you something. There is ZERO comparisons (football to Battlefield).
If you think there is then I think you take a trip overseas and place yourself in the middle of the fight, and then come back and let me know the comparisons.
Catching a freaking ball my two year old can do. Taking a weapon in your hands and trying to save your life is a HERO. Not some overpaid bigmouth that gets paid for a game I can play.
It's people like you that make me sick. You have zero respect for what these men do for our country. If it weren't for my husband and all the other service men and women you my friend would not have the opportunity to run your big mouth like that fool Antrel...typical response. my father was a life long marine and is overseas in Afghanistan as we speak so get off your platform and realize that the nfl (football in general) uses many of the same terms as a military. if YOU ever played football you would know the similarities . getting ready to run onto the field and looking your brothers in the eyes and saying "lets go to battle" i felt like a warrior. i really dont want to have to go through the laundry list of comparisons. anyone who has played knows what i am talking about.
Now is what rolle said ok? no not in the least but i just get tired of people getting bent outta shape whenever this happens. i remember when winslow jr was at miami and was mad and said "im a soldier" and there was a HUGE backlash over nothing.

ps over reactions like yours make me sick and to tell me what i have respect for when you dont even know me tells me what kind of human being you are.

nYg24
12-03-2010, 04:14 PM
and the crybaby b.s. continues............leave rolle alone

thegreatone
12-03-2010, 04:45 PM
ask your husband if he thinks there are comparisons between football and the military.

bodsbymike
12-03-2010, 06:45 PM
I try not to say too much on these boards because there are a lot of people (not all) but a lot that seem to find joy in cutting others down for whatever reason.

(Maybe it makes them feel better about themselves.)

Anyway, I am both a former active duty Marine and I also played semi pro ball for a few years. I personally have no problem with what Antrel Rolle said because I am able to decipher what a person is trying to say from what they may or may not have expressed properly.
Now I know that there are some people out there that have NEVER done or said anything that came out wrong or that was taken out of context so none of this is directed at you.
I don't feel in any way that he was trying to degrade the men and women of our military or diminish what we do.
I think what he was trying to say was that the team goes out on that field fighting and battling for a win each week, and just because we sitting in the stands, eating hot dogs and drinking beer don't like the way things are going doesn't mean that they are not fighting for a win. It only takes one player or coach not doing their part to earn a loss.
He said he was sorry and thatís good enough for me. I am also sorry for making this post too long for those that complain about posts being longer then 1 sentence.

CLR
12-03-2010, 07:19 PM
well said Brother!

Redeyejedi
12-03-2010, 07:38 PM
What I find interesting is is no one from the miltary on this board is complaining about this.Im deferring to them on this one.If they dont have a problem then I dont.</P>

The thing that I dont like about this is that Rolle kept pushing the issue. There effort was piss poor in that first half and they absolutely deserved what they got. Rolle is now clearly a marked man by the NY media and they will be trying to tear him down now every chance they get.<FONT color=#000000> </FONT></P>

For all those who love Phillip Rivers could U imagine that guy in the NY media. </P>

bodsbymike
12-03-2010, 08:00 PM
I might be able to shed some light on that for you.
The men and women in the military have a lot more important things to worry about than what Antrel Rolle said without thinking it through first.
And definitely more important then whether or not the NY media is going to have a hard ** for the guy or not. Because unlike us they don't hang on every word the NY media spews out.
Just a guess seeing as I'm not still active.