PDA

View Full Version : Adam Schefter tweet

Bones911
01-15-2012, 10:04 PM
Win was Tom Coughlin’s sixth on the road in the postseason, one shy of Tom Landry for the most by a head coach in NFL history. #Firehim

gradstang
01-15-2012, 10:06 PM
GET THE HALL OF FAME HEAD BUST MADE COUGHLIN IS GOING TO THE PRO FOOTBALL HALL OF FAME.

M0rbid
01-15-2012, 10:07 PM
If Tom wins another Superbowl, he has to get into HOF.

Bones911
01-15-2012, 10:08 PM
I have to agree

Overdrive92
01-15-2012, 10:10 PM
This is why I have said all season long that Tom Coughlin is underrated. No offense to the millions of you calling for his head every week, but you look ridiculous.

I'm glad he's our coach and I have no problem seeing him stay.

nycisgreat
01-15-2012, 11:42 PM
I have to agree

+1

GiantWarfare
01-15-2012, 11:43 PM
Win was Tom Coughlin’s sixth on the road in the postseason, one shy of Tom Landry for the most by a head coach in NFL history. #Firehim

wow thats remarkable!

Tom's the man!

FBomb
01-15-2012, 11:45 PM
This is why I have said all season long that Tom Coughlin is underrated. No offense to the millions of you calling for his head every week, but you look ridiculous. I'm glad he's our coach and I have no problem seeing him stay.</P>

I will gladly eat the crow on TC!!!</P>

dave56dj
01-15-2012, 11:48 PM
Tom haters are very much alive and will give you a whole lot of stats about meltdowns and december football - apparently november games dont count neither did the superbowl run - the nice win pctg - never finishing below 500 - the afc championship He went to - NOTHING. To them its always spags or 2007 was long time ago or collapses - COUGHIN IS A HELLUVA COACH - and some people just always think they know better but couldnt show you any x's an o's of football - not a thing.

Oh and these guys usually kill Gilbride too - despite the constant top 10 finished for an offense - why? They can call a shotgun draw which is the most unimpressive thing ever considering thats almost the only way to run out of shotgun. Top ten offense be damned.

And despite having THE MOST injured defense in football its always fun to kill fewell too.

Personally I love TC gilbride and am warming up to Perry. Certainly a lot better then billy sheridan.

JMFP2
01-15-2012, 11:51 PM
This is why I have said all season long that Tom Coughlin is underrated. No offense to the millions of you calling for his head every week, but you look ridiculous. I'm glad he's our coach and I have no problem seeing him stay.</P>

As a fellow Coughlin Apologist, I'm really happy for the guy.</P>

When the pitchforks were out, I thought the guy deserved to be given the full season before fans passed judgment on the guy.</P>

JMFP2
01-15-2012, 11:54 PM
Tom haters are very much alive and will give you a whole lot of stats about meltdowns and december football - apparently november games dont count neither did the superbowl run - the nice win pctg - never finishing below 500 - the afc championship He went to - NOTHING. To them its always spags or 2007 was long time ago or collapses - COUGHIN IS A HELLUVA COACH.....</P>

No doubt.....if the team starts 2-5 next season, we'll be hearing the same refried bull**** about Coughlin.</P>

As far as Gilbride and Fewell, though, they've had some great games, and some rough ones....I can kind of understand the criticism of them a little more....I've been on both of them at times this year, myself.</P>

Gmen2005
01-15-2012, 11:54 PM
I wanted him gone, I'm an idiot.

DandyDon
01-16-2012, 12:01 AM
Yes you are.

But taking responsibility for your posts redeems you'self.

Nice.

fizzlestick
01-16-2012, 12:08 AM
<font color="#FF0000">Good coaches have home games in the playoffs.
</font>

Hostetler
01-16-2012, 01:24 AM
whileI am enjoying this playoff run as much as the next fan - I would still fire TC for these reasons - the complete meltdown last year, and for losing to the Eagles and Redskins down the stretch this year - sure we won the division, but it should never have come down to beating the cowboys on the last game of regular season. I personally think TC should "retire" after this season.

repeatchamps
01-16-2012, 01:28 AM
whileI am enjoying this playoff run as much as the next fan - I would still fire TC for these reasons - the complete meltdown last year, and for losing to the Eagles and Redskins down the stretch this year - sure we won the division, but it should never have come down to beating the cowboys on the last game of regular season. I personally think TC should "retire" after this season.</P>

Will you stillfeel this way if they go to and win the Super Bowl? If so I suggest you find another hobby because clearly what you consider significant is completely misguided.</P>

dave56dj
01-16-2012, 01:35 AM
Hostetler I just lit my computer on fire and scooped my eyeballs out of my head - then went to the mac store got a new comp - lit my eyeballs on fire and wrote this reply = YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING - SAY YOURE KIDDING - PLEASE - DEAR GOD.

ChrisCalloway1282
01-16-2012, 03:01 AM
No......NO NO NO NO NO.Stop posting. NOW!

SweetZombieJesus
01-16-2012, 03:10 AM
You gotta admit, it's generally not good to have a losing record in the 2nd half or to lose big games in embarrassing fashion or to get booted in the first round.

I was convinced 2007 was a fluke, lightning in a bottle, but here we are again. So we get a miracle run once every 4 years? I guess I'll take it.

dave56dj
01-16-2012, 03:51 AM
No you have to admit how skewed you are.

How come when we win its based on miracles but when we lose in "embarassing fashion" its based on coughlins faults.

And please tell me how a 6-3 record in the playoffs and winning 4 on the road is "losing big games"

Eat some crow and enjoy a great coach.

Giantz4Life
01-16-2012, 05:45 AM
I love me some mother ****ing Tom Coughlin!

Coach Carter
01-16-2012, 06:49 AM
Tom haters are very much alive and will give you a whole lot of stats about meltdowns and december football - apparently november games dont count neither did the superbowl run - the nice win pctg - never finishing below 500 - the afc championship He went to - NOTHING. To them its always spags or 2007 was long time ago or collapses - COUGHIN IS A HELLUVA COACH - and some people just always think they know better but couldnt show you any x's an o's of football - not a thing.

Oh and these guys usually kill Gilbride too - despite the constant top 10 finished for an offense - why? They can call a shotgun draw which is the most unimpressive thing ever considering thats almost the only way to run out of shotgun. Top ten offense be damned.

And despite having THE MOST injured defense in football its always fun to kill fewell too.

Personally I love TC gilbride and am warming up to Perry. Certainly a lot better then billy sheridan.

Great post, I like Couglin and Fewell but I'm still warming up to Gilbride. You have to admit the guy is in love with the pass.

nygfanmaybe
01-16-2012, 07:07 AM
I have to admit that I have been up and down with TC...I mean, who hasn't? However, I believe that after this season he will retire when he is good and ready and is already in the HOF. JMO, though.

TheEnigma
01-16-2012, 07:10 AM
I personally wanted to see Tom take this team to the divisional round and have the team play competitively for 60 minutes, win or lose. As we all know now, those expectations have been exceeded.

hungrrrry
01-16-2012, 07:55 AM
whileI am enjoying this playoff run as much as the next fan - I would still fire TC for these reasons - the complete meltdown last year, and for losing to the Eagles and Redskins down the stretch this year - sure we won the division, but it should never have come down to beating the cowboys on the last game of regular season. I personally think TC should "retire" after this season.I would much rather see TC go out "on top of the world" as they say but if he continued as the Giants headcoach I would be perfectly fine with that. I just hope he reigns these coordinators in and insist they keep the defense and offense aggressive and not complicated. I would keep Fewell on a short leash so he doesn't revert back to rushing 3...EVER! KG needs work on his running game and we really do need an explosive RB.

Kruunch
01-16-2012, 08:00 AM

He hasn't always made it easy to love him ... you're not alone buddy.

But doesn't it feel good to be wrong? http://boards.giants.com/emoticons/emotion-2.gif

Hostetler
01-16-2012, 11:58 AM
whileI am enjoying this playoff run as much as the next fan - I would still fire TC for these reasons - the complete meltdown last year, and for losing to the Eagles and Redskins down the stretch this year - sure we won the division, but it should never have come down to beating the cowboys on the last game of regular season. I personally think TC should "retire" after this season.</P>

Will you stillfeel this way if they go to and win the Super Bowl? If so I suggest you find another hobby because clearly what you consider significant is completely misguided.</P>

What I consider significant is this - 07-08 we #1 seed get beat by eagles in divisional game, 08-09 start off 5-0, end up 8-8, 09-10 we finish 10-6 but lose to eagles twice(do I have to mention the home game?), get crushed by GB, get embarrassed on TNF, all with a playoff spot on the line, and this season again losing to the skins and eagles and having it come down to the last game.</P>

</P>

We are on a run, and I am all in like everyone else, but please do not be blinded by the present. TC needs to "retire" after this season. And I say retire only because of this run. Just because we are playing great football now does not excuse some of the just really poor football I have seen the last 3 years. And lastly, I am not hypocritical, I said he should be fired after the redskin debacle, and I still believe he should be finished after this season.</P>

GMenSupaBowl
01-16-2012, 12:00 PM
@Giants http://soundcloud.com/soulebrity/giant-motto-remix-by NY GIANT "MOTTO" REMIX REAL GIANT FANS CHECK IT OUT!!!

slipknottin
01-16-2012, 12:05 PM
We are on a run, and I am all in like everyone else, but please do not be blinded by the present. TC needs to "retire" after this season.* And I say retire only because of this run. Just because we are playing great football now does not excuse some of the just really poor football I have seen the last 3 years. And lastly, I am not hypocritical, I said he should be fired after the redskin debacle, and I still believe he should be finished after this season.</P>

I hope the Tebow prevents you from ever breeding.

slipknottin
01-16-2012, 12:05 PM
DP

Hostetler
01-16-2012, 12:12 PM
Really Slip? Is this all you can muster from all your so called football knowledge? A lame insult?? I posted solid logical facts to back up my viewpoint and all you can come up with is an insult? Really???

Giantsin04
01-16-2012, 12:15 PM

Will you still*feel this way if they go to and win the Super Bowl? If so I suggest you find another hobby because clearly what you consider significant is completely misguided.</P>

What I consider significant is this - 07-08 we #1 seed get beat by eagles in divisional game, 08-09 start off 5-0, end up 8-8, 09-10 we finish 10-6 but lose to eagles twice(do I have to mention the home game?), get crushed by GB, get embarrassed on TNF, all with a playoff spot on the line, and this season again losing to the skins and eagles and having it come down to the last game.</P>

*</P>

We are on a run, and I am all in like everyone else, but please do not be blinded by the present. TC needs to "retire" after this season.* And I say retire only because of this run. Just because we are playing great football now does not excuse some of the just really poor football I have seen the last 3 years. And lastly, I am not hypocritical, I said he should be fired after the redskin debacle, and I still believe he should be finished after this season.</P>

Translation - win the superbowl every year or get the **** out. Right?

TheAngryTuna
01-16-2012, 12:18 PM
Does the SB count as a road win for the purpose of this stat? Cause if so, he is breaking that record this year!

slipknottin
01-16-2012, 12:21 PM
Really Slip? Is this all you can muster from all your so called football knowledge? A lame insult?? I posted solid logical facts to back up my viewpoint and all you can come up with is an insult? Really???

all coaches who go to the conference championship game should be fired if they lose to the redskins the same season.

Did i summarize correctly?

Hostetler
01-16-2012, 12:43 PM
Really Slip? Is this all you can muster from all your so called football knowledge? A lame insult?? I posted solid logical facts to back up my viewpoint and all you can come up with is an insult? Really??? all coaches who go to the conference championship game should be fired if they lose to the redskins the same season. Did i summarize correctly?</P>

No you didn't summarize correctly, let me help you out here, Fact - 07-08 we are one and done, Stuff like that happens and all in all still a good but disapointing season, 08-09 we roar out the gate to a 5-0 record then go 3-8 the rest of the way, last year we have a 21 point lead in the 4th with 8 minutes and change left and lose to the eagles, get embarrased on thursday night, and get embarrased by the packers to miss playoffs, this year we have a two game lead in the division at 6-2 then go 3-5 down the stretch losing to the Eagles and Redskins during that stretch, if not for a great individual effort on JPP's part this playoff run would not have occured. Again you guys are living in the present, blinded to what has been some horrible football from the Giants the past 3 years, Almost everyone on these boards were calling for his head after the redskin loss and now are changing thier tunes. I stand by my viewpoint, back it up with solid logical facts, and refuse to be two-faced.</P>

BTW, by your logic, Rex Ryan is an incredibly great coach.</P>

slipknottin
01-16-2012, 12:45 PM
horrible football? they havent had a losing season.

You really are clueless.

Hostetler
01-16-2012, 12:49 PM
horrible football? they havent had a losing season. You really are clueless. Clueless you say, can you with a straight face say those games against the Eagles, Packers, Vikings, whre our defense took the week off, was good football??? All the times when an opponent was inside the 20, we prayed to hold them to a FG because reality was inside the 20 was a gimme TD?? And you call me clueless??

Hostetler
01-16-2012, 01:51 PM
So Slip, decided to ignore the question I asked? or are you gonna again post an insult, fail to have a logical, intelligent rebuttal to my viewpoint as to why TC should be done after this season? BTW taking us to the NFCCG is good reason to let him "retire" after this season, but, I strongly feel the Giants need to make a change after this season.</P>

CougarNation
01-20-2012, 06:40 PM
FYI, Adam Schefter and Steve Levy will return to their alma mater, JFK HS in Bellmore (on Long Island) to discuss sport with a Q & A afterwards. Tickets are only $10. Contact the school for information on a ticket purchase at 516-992-1454.

stormblue
01-20-2012, 07:47 PM

no you're not

stormblue
01-20-2012, 07:48 PM
whileI am enjoying this playoff run as much as the next fan - I would still fire TC for these reasons - the complete meltdown last year, and for losing to the Eagles and Redskins down the stretch this year - sure we won the division, but it should never have come down to beating the cowboys on the last game of regular season. I personally think TC should "retire" after this season.

i am not alone. this ^

RoanokeFan
01-20-2012, 07:49 PM
This is why I have said all season long that Tom Coughlin is underrated. No offense to the millions of you calling for his head every week, but you look ridiculous. I'm glad he's our coach and I have no problem seeing him stay.</p>

I will gladly eat the crow on TC!!!</p>

Is he going to be naked? [+o(]

RoanokeFan
01-20-2012, 07:51 PM

i am not alone. this ^

Two is still a pretty lonely number

fletch842
01-20-2012, 07:53 PM
I have to disagree, winning the division, regardless of the record, beating the Falcons at home, and upsetting the Packers in Green Bay has totally earned him another extension beyond next season if he desires it. Fewell and Gilbride will be along for the ride as well, assuming no one hires them as head coaches.

Pierre-Paul
01-20-2012, 08:27 PM
Luckily Mr. Mara has a little more long term view of how to run a franchise than some of the fans. How is it working for all the teams who have been changing coach's every year? Should The Pats have fired their legendary head coach after failing to win a playoff game the past few years? They "Collapsed" from an undefeated season in 2007 to not winning a playoff game. TC is a good coach. Don't replace him with the flavor of the week coach just because you are disappointed with losing a few games.

East Coast Bias
01-20-2012, 09:22 PM
<font color="#FF0000">Good coaches have home games in the playoffs.
</font>Better coaches know how to win on the road in the playoffs

pentagruel
01-20-2012, 09:42 PM
Honestly, as a Cowboys fan I can only envy the Giants in regards to your coach.

I'm a big fan of hard-nosed football so I really can appreciate the way the Giants are playing the last four games, and I believe the only reason that has come to be, is because of Tom Coughlin. What's even more astonishing is that that Coughlin, who in the past has come across as a hard ***, has adapted his coaching strategy to be more supportive of his players in difficult times and it has led to amazing heights. It's not an average coach or person that is capable of this. I have nothing but respect for Tom Coughlin and anyone who knows anything about football only needs to watch the games to see how hard and how passionate the Giants are playing right now. If you want him fired you are delusional. If anyone in the Giants organization is to blame for some of the past disappointments its Jerry Reese for building an unbalanced team that is susceptible to injuries due to lack of depth in a number of positions.

I wish the Giants good luck in the game against San Francisco, and the Superbowl if they make it there. I always prefer to keep the titles in the division. But besides that, I can admire the way the Giants have played the end of this season and its something I can only hope the Cowboys can emulate the next couple of seasons.