PDA

View Full Version : Prince

Itlan
01-15-2012, 11:38 PM
Ross goes down for a bit, Rolle cuts his hand, Prince is thrust into a position where he's guarding Jordy Nelson one-on-one for more than 10 plays, and Rodgers looks Nelson's way EVERY TIME.

Not a single pass thrown at Prince. Kid stepped into a limited role and did well. It's good to see, we're going to need him moving forward.

Didn't come in after Ross and Rolle were okay'd, but still good to see.

Also, Antrel Rolle played a hell of a game.

XxBigWhitxX
01-15-2012, 11:40 PM
Ross goes down for a bit, Rolle cuts his hand, Prince is thrust into a position where he's guarding Jordy Nelson one-on-one for more than 10 plays, and Rodgers looks Nelson's way EVERY TIME.

Not a single pass thrown at Prince. Kid stepped into a limited role and did well. It's good to see, we're going to need him moving forward.

Also, Antrel Rolle played a hell of a game.I noticed it too. Rogers wanted to go after Prince but he was playing solid coverage all day. I think he is settling down.

PrideofNY
01-15-2012, 11:41 PM
Its a shame this year was a wash, thanks to that early injury. He's going to be real good playing opposite of Webster after a full offseason.

buddy33
01-15-2012, 11:42 PM
LOL. Yeah and some where calling him a bust.

JacksGiant76
01-15-2012, 11:43 PM
Just like every rookie, he needs some time to develop. People on this board sometimes think these guys should come in and day 1, light it up or else they're bust. Truth is, most of these guys don't even catch on till their 2nd or 3rd year. Look at Manningham, Toomer, Eli, Simms, Webster etc.

Having a rookie to come in and play lights out his first year is the exception, not the rule.

CharlieC42
01-16-2012, 12:18 AM
not sure but was prince the db who got beat on the pass that osi stripped on rodgers that would have probably gone for a td? other than that (if it was him) he did good/

Itlan
01-16-2012, 12:24 AM
not sure but was prince the db who got beat on the pass that osi stripped on rodgers that would have probably gone for a td? other than that (if it was him) he did good/That was Ross. It was a slo-go route, and Ross bit on the slant.

Pakman
01-16-2012, 12:27 AM
I saw Rodgers audible (I am assuming he audibles) once he saw Prince on Jordy ...he looked at Prince right away and Prince was doing a great job in coverage

Aikman even spoke about it briefly. Good to see him doing well.

nyknstill!
01-16-2012, 12:28 AM
That was amazing what Prince did, I think it went unnoticed by most, not me, when Ross went out and Prince came in Rodgers wanted to pick on Prince, but Prince blanketed Jordy Nelson, he made him irrelevant, it was the first time I noticed this Amukamara Island scouts talked about. There was Rodgers scrambling to the left, saw nothing there and had to scramble to the other side.

BigBlue121
01-16-2012, 12:31 AM
Do you think the coaches noticed it too? hopefully if Ross has another really bad they can put in the Prince instead of some ST cb?

miked1958
01-16-2012, 12:39 AM

Also, Antrel Rolle played a hell of a game.Great

C1010
01-16-2012, 12:45 AM
For a guy who has had no offseason and was out for 3/4 of the season with a broken foot, I think he is doing good. I can't wait to see what he does with a full offseason. I still lol when people question the Prince pick.

JMFP2
01-16-2012, 12:47 AM
I'm used to Webster being great.....but Ross has really done a nice job, and Prince is clearly improving.</P>

flimflam
01-16-2012, 01:03 AM

Also, Antrel Rolle played a hell of a game.

Yes Prince was outstanding. Funny thing is that Kiper regraded all the draft picks this year, and called into question Prince and whether he was a future starter because of his up and down year.

Fact is, this kid has all the talent in the world, and I expect him to be our #1 CB, in a year or two.

Kase-1
01-16-2012, 01:10 AM
I gotta give it to our 2ndary as a whole, Aaron Rodgers usually carves up everyone of his opponents for 300+ yds

And, WTF Deion Grant playing the game of his career!!!!

fourth&forever
01-16-2012, 01:23 AM
good coverage today by everyone

Vtgmenfan89
01-16-2012, 02:11 AM
Fewell deserves a lot of credit for simplifying the defense and just letting these guys play. They have responded to it tremendously, and he has this defense playing lights out. When they step on the field next week they will have not allowed more than 20 points in over a month. Not bad considering the way the game this played these days.

Prince seemed to have a great game, I think he's definitely calmed down quite a bit and gotten used to the game. Last week we basically stopped Roddy White and Julio Jones, and this week we handled the GB Packers WR corp, no one had more than 45 yards, and Rodgers only had 264 yards. This secondary is finally playing up to their draft status, and has been very impressive. Pass rush doesn't hurt either, but they are both getting it done. I love it

fourth&forever
01-16-2012, 02:42 AM
It was impressive to see Rodgers with all kinds of time in the pocket but fail to find anyone open. Happened quite a few times. Great coverage today.

Itlan
01-16-2012, 03:15 AM
Fewell deserves a lot of credit for simplifying the defense and just letting these guys play. They have responded to it tremendously, and he has this defense playing lights out. When they step on the field next week they will have not allowed more than 20 points in over a month. Not bad considering the way the game this played these days.

Prince seemed to have a great game, I think he's definitely calmed down quite a bit and gotten used to the game. Last week we basically stopped Roddy White and Julio Jones, and this week we handled the GB Packers WR corp, no one had more than 45 yards, and Rodgers only had 264 yards. This secondary is finally playing up to their draft status, and has been very impressive. Pass rush doesn't hurt either, but they are both getting it done. I love itChase and Boley have both been very vocal about this misconstrued "simplifying the defense." They said Fewell is actually giving them MORE on the plate now, and things aren't being simplified, but the communication has improved tremendously. I think it has to do with Chase and Boley on the field, personally.

bearbryant
01-16-2012, 03:47 AM
For the way they played thru most of the season, the secondary has stepped up in the Playoffs. Our CB's for the most part shadowed the GB WR's and Rolle, grant and Phillips played some good ball today.

Did they play "lights out" ball? No but neither did anyone of the other teams. For the most part they kept rodgers off balance and between a few bad throws on his part and a few drops from the WR's. I give them a B+ for the day! And Prince was part of it too!

CruzSoldier
01-16-2012, 03:51 AM
No that was Aaron Ross he bit on the slant and the WR went over the top of him ....

CruzSoldier
01-25-2012, 01:58 AM
I Agree....

JJC7301
01-25-2012, 02:11 AM
For a guy who has had no offseason and was out for 3/4 of the season with a broken foot, I think he is doing good. I can't wait to see what he does with a full offseason. I still lol when people question the Prince pick.

I know -- give the guy a full year 1st minimum before judging. Webster didn't even fully blossom until his 3rd year and in the '07 playoffs. Prince seems to be getting a lot better pretty quickly.

We're probably going to need Prince to play well against the likes of Welker, Gronk, Hernandez, Ochocinco, and Branch. That's a lot of weapons.

swordfish
01-25-2012, 10:33 AM
Its a shame this year was a wash, thanks to that early injury. He's going to be real good playing opposite of Webster after a full offseason.
Ross is not going anywhere, he will be resigned, Prince is still young and needs more work, Giants will work him in slowly, and in todays NFL you can not have enough CB's. And in regards to Ross, he is a solid CB, going for his second SB ring, not many CBs can say that, him and Webster have been lights out,doing the same thing they did back in our 07 SB run, till this day I still say Ross is better than TT, only reason TT ever got a chance to start was because of Ross being hurt, TT is a good nickel CB. He never was and will never be a cover corner.

CruzSoldier
01-26-2012, 01:12 PM
Excellent Point