PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible we can resign most of this team?

jpp9123
01-16-2012, 12:05 AM
What do you guys think the chances of us working out a contract with osi are and keeping our pass rush the same? also do you think we can do that while maintaining our current wr core? id love to be able to keep nicks cruz and manning ham

Mark444
01-16-2012, 12:07 AM
TOo much money will have to go to Nicks and Cruz, Manningham is probably gonna get a nice contract elsewhere

NYDestroyer
01-16-2012, 12:34 AM
Can someone post a list of all giants free agents?

Spizi
01-16-2012, 12:41 AM
What do you guys think the chances of us working out a contract with osi are and keeping our pass rush the same? also do you think we can do that while maintaining our current wr core? id love to be able to keep nicks cruz and manning ham

We don't need to work out a contract with Osi... he's still under contract for next year.

Manningham is most likely gone as well a KMac, Beckum, Grant, Sintim, and Jacobs.

We need to resign TT, Goff, Ballard, Kiwi, Weatherford, and Ross (as much as he's hated he's a solid backup)

Spizi
01-16-2012, 12:42 AM

http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/freeagents/fa.php?option=By+Team&y=2012

scroll down to the giants

wgsgiants
01-16-2012, 12:50 AM
I thought Jacobs has the right to exercise an option, but he is not really a free agent? regardless we need to pay the man. If we make the superbowl there is no denying his immense value.</P>

</P>

"All In" Go Giants !!! </P>

VBGiantsFan
01-16-2012, 12:52 AM

I think Dieon Grant will come cheap, considering he'll be 32, and no team will pay much for him and he really seems to found his niche position here.

McKenzie will be gone unfortunately, and I can see us drafting his replacement.

Weatherford MUST be signed immediately. Possibly number 1 priority.

Goff and TT are really interesting because they are both talented, but both had bad injuries and lost their starting roles. Not sure what will happen with them. Both should come back cheap.

Ross didn't have a great season, not sure he'll get much of a contract anywhere, so I don't see why we can't get him cheaply.

Sadly, Manningham will be gone to FA. We HAVE to sign Nicks and Cruz this year before they are FA next year, so we just can't afford him. I'll be thrilled for him to get a huge contract somewhere else as long as it's NOT THE JETS!!!

Spizi
01-16-2012, 01:02 AM
After looking at the numbers more closely I can tell you that it will not be a very eventful free agency for the giants. Similar to this year. We will have to cut some pricey vets just to make it under the cap.

Diehl, Grant, Jacobs, Manningham, Beckum, KMac, and Ross are all gone the way I see it. We simply can't afford them.

VBGiantsFan
01-16-2012, 01:04 AM
After looking at the numbers more closely I can tell you that it will not be a very eventful free agency for the giants. Similar to this year. We will have to cut some pricey vets just to make it under the cap.

Diehl, Grant, Jacobs, Manningham, Beckum, KMac, and Ross are all gone the way I see it. We simply can't afford them.

How do we have such bad cap numbers, but a team like the Jets who sign players like they're at the supermarket seem to have tons of cap room every year?

Do we need to convert contracts to signing bonuses or something?

NYG4lifeNYK
01-16-2012, 01:08 AM
http://boards.giants.com/forums/thread/2422061.aspx

EJ Blue
01-16-2012, 01:11 AM
Why would you want a resignation from anyone? we're doing great.[:)]

Spizi
01-16-2012, 01:18 AM

How do we have such bad cap numbers, but a team like the Jets who sign players like they're at the supermarket seem to have tons of cap room every year?

Do we need to convert contracts to signing bonuses or something?

Because of Eli, Rolle, Webster, Tuck, Canty, Snee, etc.

NYDestroyer
01-16-2012, 01:34 AM

http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/freeagents/fa.php?option=By+Team&amp;y=2012

Thanks Spizi.

These are the three players the giants should definitely resign no matter what happen for the rest of the playoffs.

Terrell Thomas
Jonathan Goff
Mario Manningham
Rocky Bernard

Dave Tollefson

I also believe the giants need to get a real good running back and keep Brandon Jacobs as one of the backups. I believe Bradshaw is just too small and injuries may have slow up some of his explosiveness.

simms56
01-16-2012, 02:07 AM

http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/freeagents/fa.php?option=By+Team&amp;y=2012

Thanks Spizi.

These are the three players the giants should definitely resign no matter what happen for the rest of the playoffs.

Terrell Thomas
Jonathan Goff
Mario Manningham
Rocky Bernard

Dave Tollefson

I also believe the giants need to get a real good running back and keep Brandon Jacobs as one of the backups. I believe Bradshaw is just too small and injuries may have slow up some of his explosiveness.

How can anyone watch the Giants and want to get rid of Bradshaw?