PDA

View Full Version : Is Anthony Wright the first Black QB G-men ever had?

Flash
04-14-2007, 04:18 PM
<font size="2">Not starting anything up here,but I'm pretty sure he is.
</font>

J FINN 20
04-14-2007, 04:39 PM
even if he he why is that such a big deal? I blame Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton for all the racial problems in this city

Bobby1
04-14-2007, 04:51 PM
No he's not we had a kid name Harris in camp last year, he's a black QB but didn't make the team.

Bobby1
04-14-2007, 04:52 PM
Jessie and Al didn't make those remarks. How can they be blamed?

Trashcanman
04-14-2007, 05:05 PM
</P>

Because they just harp on something until it becomes an issue. Can you imagine if the Duke LaCrosse players had been black? All hell would break loose. But since they're white nobody seems to care that our justice system is a much bigger problem than what some guy said on the radio. If they hadn't had money they would be on their way to prison. Thanks to Sharpton and morons that actually give him credibility, free speech is well on it's way to being ancient history in this country.</P>

Trashcanman
04-14-2007, 05:11 PM
</P>

Because they just harp on something until it becomes an issue. Can you imagine if the Duke LaCrosse players had been black? All hell would break loose. But since they're white nobody seems to care that our justice system is a much bigger problem than what some guy said on the radio. If they hadn't had money they would be on their way to prison. Thanks to Sharpton and morons that actually give him credibility, free speech is well on it's way to being ancient history in this country. Now they're talking about censoring music lyrics. I thought we got past this crap in the 1980's with the PMRC. And by the way, I've heard black radio hosts throw the word cracker around like it's nothing. The double standard has to stop or we'll get no where but twenty years in reverse on the race issue. </P>

Randomhero423
04-14-2007, 05:14 PM
how people takeal sharpton seriously amazes me. he gives me a good laugh.</P>

Blue Beach
04-14-2007, 05:15 PM
<FONT size=4>Jackson andSharpton?!?!?!?!?!</FONT></P>

<FONT size=4>What in the hell does that have to do with the question??????</FONT></P>

<FONT size=4>DAYUM, SOME PEOPLE!!!!!</FONT></P>

<FONT size=4>Weather Anthony Wright is of African decent or not doesn't concern me. If he can throw the ball accurate and move it down the field DOES!!!</FONT></P>

J FINN 20
04-14-2007, 06:17 PM
It's relevent to the question because the guy who posted thought this topic was going to get him in trouble, and i believe its cause of people liek those two who make people scared to tlak about things wihtout having them be racists

Eli'sturn
04-14-2007, 06:44 PM

<FONT size=4>What in the hell does that have to do with the question??????</FONT></P>

<FONT size=4>Weather Anthony Wright is of African decent or not doesn't concern me. If he can throw the ball accurate and move it down the field DOES!!!</FONT></P>

</P>

So now all black people have to be of african decent? Jeez racist. I hate the term african-american.</P>

I don't know if he is the only blackQB we have had or not, but I hope he never has to play in any game after the preseason.</P>

PittsburghGiantsFan
04-14-2007, 06:53 PM
Why does everybody take questions like these and make them racial? It was not meant to be a racial question...he was just wondering if the Giants ever had a black quarterback...nothing more.

And as somebody else said, no he is not. He, however, could be the first black quarterback to break camp as a member of the Giants' regular season roster

njersey
04-14-2007, 07:39 PM

</P>

So now all black people have to be of african decent? Jeez racist. I hate the term african-american.</P>

I don't know if he is the only blackQB we have had or not, but I hope he never has to play in any game after the preseason.</P>

</P>

Excellent point. The term African-American really is an insult, if you ask me. There are definitely black people in this Country from other places - such as Cuba, Haiti, Dominican Republic, etc. etc. etc. My wife is Black and she hates that term, as well. Who was the moron that came up with the idea in the first place? I'm sure whoever it was, his title is "Reverend"!</P>

Pageiommi
04-14-2007, 08:16 PM
<font size="4">Jackson andSharpton?!?!?!?!?!</font></p>

<font size="4">What in the hell does that have to do with the question??????</font></p>

<font size="4">DAYUM, SOME PEOPLE!!!!!</font></p>

<font size="4">Weather Anthony Wright is of African decent or not doesn't concern me. If he can throw the ball accurate and move it down the field DOES!!!</font></p>

</p>

So now all black people have to be of african decent? Jeez racist. I hate the term african-american.</p>

I don't know if he is the only blackQB we have had or not, but I hope he never has to play in any game after the preseason.</p>

</p>

Excellent point. The term African-American really is an insult, if you ask me. There are definitely black people in this Country from other places - such as Cuba, Haiti, Dominican Republic, etc. etc. etc. My wife is Black and she hates that term, as well. Who was the moron that came up with the idea in the first place? I'm sure whoever it was, his title is "Reverend"!</p>

Well, that, and a lot of "African-Americans" have been in this country for longer than white Americans. Black people in the US goes back hundreds of years, meanwhile, if someone's relatives came over during the 20s in the immigrant surge, they are already just called White or American. I mean, some people like to say Italian-American or Irish-American, but for the most part, they just call it white/American. It makes a lot more sense to me to just call black people black.

Harooni
04-14-2007, 09:06 PM
Look imus is a turd he always was a jerk and probably racist. but you guys have a point AL makes a big deal about it then a lot of the Black community gets in an up roar and some poor white boy gets beat up in a club.

J FINN 20
04-14-2007, 09:18 PM
The thing that pisses me off the most about this is that how do these people have the right to call other people racists if they are racist themselves? And second (no doubt in my mind Imus was wrong) but as Rev. shouldn't you be willing to forgive people when they apologize that isn't very christian of them now is it.

cheese_cake
04-14-2007, 09:29 PM
The thing that pisses me off the most about this is that how do these people have the right to call other people racists if they are racist themselves? And second (no doubt in my mind Imus was wrong) but as Rev. shouldn't you be willing to forgive people when they apologize that isn't very christian of them now is it.
</P>

</P>

Yeah very true. I don't really consider them reverends. Anybody can go study the bible and get a degree and become a reverend, but to be a true "reverend" it takes more than that, and its in what you truley believe,</P>

MeBeCoach
04-14-2007, 09:39 PM
even if he he why is that such a big deal? I blame Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton for all the racial problems in this city
</P>

its so true. These guys work w/ the corrupt politicians in this country and try to make the black population feel as if race is still a major problem everywhere. (it is in some places in this country like KCbut pretty much the onlyreally importantracial predjudices come from the gov't and the police. which is another issue that has to be dealt with but...)They do this to tryto make blacksfeel like victims so thatthey'll focus on and believethier unfair treatmentinstead of just working hard, taking the ups with the downs, and slowly but surely becoming a economical force indispensible by the rest of the U.S. citizens. They do this to get the black vote and put Dem.party spin on it. These guys have made millions on bs scandals since the sixties. Al Sharpton became famous over a hoax look it up. Im not saying most or even a fraction ofour Afro American friends &amp;neighborsbuy into these lies but that is what these guys (Sharpton, Jackson, Bush, etc) want this country to think. To control us and our votes. These guys arent racist, they want to screw us all equally. Imus isn't the enemy eitherthe enemy is the mediaand gov't who blow this up to serve their own plans of racial manipulation. Imus is a jerk but freedom of speech is more important, just call him a jerk he's embarrassed enough.But many towns and cities all around this country (not just the south) have racist police officers, politicians, and citizens who allow practices such as racial profiling, and the Patriot Act which allows law enforcment agencies to unconstitutionally tap your phones, violating the 5th amenment.They use terrorism as an excuse to further pursecute lower classes who very tragically may not have any other way to feed their family than sell drugs. That is scary and a thingALL PEOPLE should be very concerned with. Nazi Germany aint that far away if we keep giving up our freedoms for "protection". This country was founded to protect againstgov'ts like this one. Time to TAKE this country back. P.S. Im white and i live in a nice CT town and i cannot be considered a racist.</P>

MeBeCoach
04-14-2007, 09:46 PM
just so people get where im comin from the black population in this country and especially New York and the bigger cities is with out question on the rise as far as economically, politically, and more than anything and more than any other other group, socially. This whole Imus thing and the way the media keeps pushing the whole race thing is an attempt to slow the progress of the black community by elitist power-spoiled biggots in powerful positions in the money-powernetwork of this nation. Such as Hilary Clinton and ****wad Cheyney

MeBeCoach
04-14-2007, 09:57 PM
it shouldn't be such a big deal if someone does mention race. We are all part of a race with millions of people who are part of that race. Im white and a jew(not practicing). There are a lot of whites andjews i hate and a blacks and chritians i love. And Vice Versa. It is a good question about A. Wright he just may be. it should not be a touchy subject in this country. Its all that politically correctness that keeps tension on the issue. Some people need to grow up, some people are fine, and some you never could take seriously anyway so who cares.

gmanfaninmd
04-14-2007, 11:06 PM
<FONT size=2>Not starting anything up here,but I'm pretty sure he is.
</FONT></P>

Ok, I am black and I would like to know the same. I see someone has answered that he is not, because we had one last year that did not make the cut. This is a good question, and it was asked in a manner that wouldn't offend myself or any other person. It wasjust out of curiosty, the author of this thread said from the rip that he was not trying to start anything up. Unfortunately, anything singling out a particular race will always start something up. Although it really doesn't matter who we have or have not had as a QB or anything else, it's just the nature of curiosty. Hell... I know a plethora of things that "don't really matter" (that might be a jeopardy question one day or a biggest fan question). Some things people just wanna know, I see nothing wrong with that. Good post Flash. </P>

pacco_diablo
04-14-2007, 11:23 PM
This is what I call progression. I'm elated to have a black QB on my team. Maybe it seems trivial to some, but it's from those who dont understand that a "first" means something. 80 years as a franchise and we finally get a black QB. To me that says a lot about. Thanks Jerry. It's about time. Regardless, I feel a since of pride, even if it is just Anthony Wright. I'm very very very excited about this.</P>

People who try to say that race is a non-issue are pretty much living in a fantasy world.</P>

Oh, and on the Sharpton kick, it's all been blown out of proportion.Al Sharpton has no power. Jesse Jackson has no power. I didnt hear anything from either one of them about Imus. What I heard was all the other media talking about Imus and Sharpton. It's funny to me howthey say Sharpton got Imus fired. That's giving Al waaaaaay too much credit. Al and Jesse run their mouths all the time. No one ever cared before. Imus deserved to get fired.ANYONE making those comments wouldbe firedeven a black man. People who are mad at Al and Jesse and calling them hypocrits are just plain lost. And its funny how there are so many lost people out there.</P>

giantsfan420
04-14-2007, 11:31 PM
</p>

Because they just harp on something until it becomes an issue. Can you imagine if the Duke LaCrosse players had been black? All hell would break loose. But since they're white nobody seems to care that our justice system is a much bigger problem than what some guy said on the radio. If they hadn't had money they would be on their way to prison. Thanks to Sharpton and morons that actually give him credibility, free speech is well on it's way to being ancient history in this country.</p>
you need to change your way of thinking...thats pretty harsh and old fashioned (the only word i could think of without being offensive.)

Trashcanman
04-14-2007, 11:42 PM
</P>

Because they just harp on something until it becomes an issue. Can you imagine if the Duke LaCrosse players had been black? All hell would break loose. But since they're white nobody seems to care that our justice system is a much bigger problem than what some guy said on the radio. If they hadn't had money they would be on their way to prison. Thanks to Sharpton and morons that actually give him credibility, free speech is well on it's way to being ancient history in this country.</P>

you need to change your way of thinking...thats pretty harsh and old fashioned (the only word i could think of without being offensive.)
</P>

Say what you want but it's the truth. I really can't figure out what you're trying to say with those comments. Change my way of thinking? Ok. Whatever. I have trouble taking someone serious who has 420 in their sig. Maybe the pot is distorting your way of thinking.</P>

DeeDeeBarber
04-14-2007, 11:53 PM

What an idiotic tangent. Really, were you gearing up for a soapbox to bash Al Sharpton/Jackson/racial radicals? Did you need a reason to vent your anger towards them? That's great, go to a political MB, your diatribes are not needed here.

I think the fact that Wright is a black QB means little to nothing for the Giants. He'll be nearly invisible to them, so it's not like he's being featured in a leading role.

ReeBoK894
04-15-2007, 12:20 AM
speaking of wright, does anybody know anything about how much his contract is worth?

thegreatone
04-15-2007, 12:31 AM
speaking of wright, does anybody know anything about how much his contract is worth?</P>

probably the league min...hopeefully. i just hope he doesnt have any nappy headed hoes running around the facilities.</P>

ReeBoK894
04-15-2007, 12:37 AM
speaking of wright, does anybody know anything about how much his contract is worth?</P>

probably the league min...hopeefully. i just hope he doesnt have any nappy headed hoes running around the facilities.</P>
haha nice one Don

GiantsInSB38
04-15-2007, 01:44 AM
josh harris (black qb from training camp last year) didnt make the team so Wright might be the first one to make the team.

Onto Imus... in a media class we spoke about it and I said that Imus has made anti-semitic and anti-Christian remarks before and nothing was made of it but once he said something about black women this whole thing happened and he got fired. Then a black girl said in response "saying 'nappy-headed hoes' is much worse than anything he's said in the past."

If that is true, then why is nothing made of rappers' lyrics. For instance, Ludacris: "Youza hooooo, youza hoooooo.... I got hoes in different area codes..." Or "move, *****, get out the way..." That is fine and dandy to listen to, but if a white guy says "hoes" he gets fired? Where is the rational in that. The same outraged blacks who think Imus should have been fired have Ludacris and 50 cent and 3 6 mafia on their iPods.

upperdecker329
04-15-2007, 02:16 AM
I think people just need to grow up and realize that we're all the
same. Honestly...who cares if he's the first black quarterback? I feel
like the way everyone gets all excited when the first black guy does
something does nothing but perpetuate the separation of the races. If
we're all supposed to be equal, which i believe we are, I don't see why
it matters at all. Decades ago it mattered. Jackie Robinson mattered.
Now, though, I don't understand why its news. Doesn't saying "so and so
is the first black whatever" just make it seem like black people are
different and should be treated as such? Consider everyone a person. Your race should neither be a
positive nor negative factor in anything. Maybe this is all a bit
idealistic but I really think that if people stopped making the
distinctions we would be a lot better off.

GiantsInSB38
04-15-2007, 02:22 AM
I think people just need to grow up and realize that we're all the
same. Honestly...who cares if he's the first black quarterback? I feel
like the way everyone gets all excited when the first black guy does
something does nothing but perpetuate the separation of the races. If
we're all supposed to be equal, which i believe we are, I don't see why
it matters at all. Decades ago it mattered. Jackie Robinson mattered.
Now, though, I don't understand why its news. Doesn't saying "so and so
is the first black whatever" just make it seem like black people are
different and should be treated as such? Consider everyone a person. Your race should neither be a
positive nor negative factor in anything. Maybe this is all a bit
idealistic but I really think that if people stopped making the
distinctions we would be a lot better off.

its true but even nowadays sportscenter would make note if the first black person ever did _____. Or hispanic or white also.

J FINN 20
04-15-2007, 02:28 AM
Why is it a huge deal if the Giants have black QB and how is it progess? They NFL more Black people then any other kind. And they arent just thebest players, We are talkin about QB's WR's DB's TE's every position. The only problem in the NFL is that minorities are discriminated in the Front Offices of teams

GiantsInSB38
04-15-2007, 02:33 AM
do you think its a fair rule that at least one minority MUST be interveiwed for head coach or GM? Don't you think that if a black was the best man for the job, he would be hired regardless? Having that rule makes a distincton between whites and minorities.

Cio7760
04-15-2007, 03:13 AM
You know that reminds me....wasn't there an incident where a black girl falsely claimed she was raped by white men and Al Sharpton made a big to do about it without waiting to see if it was for real? I think he ended up looking like a horses arse.

gmen1772
04-15-2007, 03:18 AM
Personally i think Sharpton owes Duke lacrosse and apology(the girl was black) so he played the race card when it first started and all along the girl was lying. Two of the kids got kicked outta school for it and all of their reputations are tarnished. Its gotten to the point that black people are fed up with sharpton. </P>

dercky7
04-15-2007, 05:07 AM
I don't think this has antything to do with white or black and I do feel that when subjects like this rise it is always turned to this bull**** let it be guys.</P>

<FONT size=2>There are African Americans, Mexican Americans, Asian Americans,
Arab Americans, Native Americans, etc.

And then there are just Americans.

You pass me on the street and sneer in my direction. You Call me
"White boy," "Cracker," "Honkey," "Whitey," "Caveman" .... and that's OK.

But when I call you, ******, Kike, Towel head, Sand-******, camel
Jockey, Gook, or Chink ... you call me a racist.

You say that whites commit a lot of violence against you, so why are
the ghettos the most da ngerous places to live?

You have the United Negro College Fund. You have Martin Luther King
Day. You have Black History Month. You have Cesar Chavez Day. You have Yom
Hashoah You have Ma'uled Al-Nabi. You have the NAACP. You have BET.

If we had WET (White Entertainment Television) ...we'd be racists.
If we had a White Pride Day .. you would call us racists.

If we had White History Month . we'd be racists. If we had an
organization for only whites to "advance" OUR lives ... we'd be racists.

We have a Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, a Black Chamber of Commerce,
and then we just have the plain Chamber of Commerce. Wonder who pays for
that?

If we had a college fund that only gave white students
scholarships .... you know we'd be racists. There are over 60 openly
proclaimed Black Colleges in the US, yet if there were "White colleges"
...THAT would be a racist college.

In the Million Man March, you believed that you were marching for
your race and rights. If we marched for our race and rights, you would
call us racists. You are proud to be black, brown, yellow and orange, and
you're not afraid to announce it. But when we announce our white pride you
call us racists.

You rob us, carjack us, and shoot at us. But, when a white police
officer shoots a black gang member or beats up a black drug-dealer running
from the law and posing a threat to society ... you call him a racist.

I am proud. But, you call me a racist. Why is it that only
whites can be racists? its stupid but its true</FONT></P>

par404
04-15-2007, 07:08 AM
There are also a good number of whites that are classified as African-Americans.

Stampy
04-15-2007, 07:50 AM
I don't think this has antything to do with white or black and I do feel that when subjects like this rise it is always turned to this bull**** let it be guys.</P>

that?

call us racists.

</P>

I apoligise if I offend anyone by the use of ''blacks'',but its easier to write.Blacks have been discriminated down through the years by whites,just because the colour of their skin.You say blacks''rob us,carjack us,and shoot at us''.Whites do that too.One of the reasons black people have the reputation that you described is because they were forced to like in ghettos,and up until recently were not given decent jobs.Of coarse crime in going to be high in an area like that.To say your proud to be black shows that you dont care about the discrimination against you.To say your proud to be white can be taken to mean your proud to be better than people of different colours.</P>

Blue Pride
04-15-2007, 08:28 AM
I guess the next question will be, "How soon till we have a black head coach?" </P>

I would think that Reese would certainly help make that a possibility.</P>

</P>

Dennis Green and Art Shell are twopossible canidates.</P>

</P>

UpstateGiant15
04-15-2007, 08:41 AM
All of the programs, organizations, celebrations, etc. that you mentioned that minorities have that supposedly whites don't have were created because prior to those things, minorities didn't have spit to call theirs in this country. And if you knew history one bit beyond your own existence. you wouldn't have to be told this. The playing field STILL is not level, despite all of the things you have mentioned, and if it were, and had it ever been, these things wouldn't be needed. You think there is no holiday or celebration of white history,equal toBlack History Month? What about Columbus Day, Presidents day, Independence Day (sure isn't celebrating blacks independence!) Columbus Day, and on.... You think that the NAACP, UNCF and org.s like that were created just because? If not for the lack of equality and blatant and hidden institutional racism inherent to this country, there never would have been a need for them to begin with. You think there aren't 10 foldthe amount ofhistorically white colleges in America?With minority populations of less than 1%. They may not outwardly boast about being so, butmany do so resoundingly, in their politics and policies.You obviously wouldn't know about that, Dercky or whatever. You think the Image Awards for example, Source Awards, Soul Train Awards, Latin Grammy's( I realize you've most likely never even heard of these events but you complain about their existence anyway) would have been created if the efforts of minorities were being recognized and appreciated by white America? They were created as a response to white America's refusal to acknowledge our achievments and contributions. You think Affirmative Action and other programs like it were created to stick it to YOU, to prevent YOU from jobs and success. Get over your damn self and understand that less than 5 generations ago, white people were owning black people,which made them prosperous while they sat on the porch of the big house with whip in hand drinking sweet tea. Now we're the ones thought of by many as lazy. hmmm. Ain't that a b**ch! </P>

5 generations... I realize that you and no one on this board were such owners of other people as I have described, butyou think that one day blacks were free and that was the end of it all? You don't think that your forefathers didn't find alternate ways to get the same result? "Lawful" ways to keep one group down while they continued to prosper. It wasn't a rich- poor thing either, it was an intentional mass deprivation of life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness against black people. period. But now you complain because we aren't slaves anymore. Because we have pride in ourselves. Because we decided to help ourselves get out of the messthis country'sforefathers put us in. People who fell like you remind me of what my ancestors must have felt like 200, 300 years ago. I think you're pathetic and extremely short-sighted. I don't mean that towards white people in general. I'm talking to Dercky7, and anyone who agrees with him. Get a clue! And Go Big Blue.</P>

dercky7
04-15-2007, 10:13 AM
DUDE quit crying over the past ok. Just because blacks don't have everything handed to them does not make it wrong. Face it pal, We whites, hispanics, And every other color or race do not have everything handed to us. Why do you feel like you should? Because of mistakes of the past, because some dumb *** white people used your great great grandfather to mow his or her lawn? Please buddie get a life and face the truth, We are all human and no matter what happened in the past face the the presnt and move on with your life. This subject is bull**** and you know it. This is a football board not a god damn place to cry about abuse in the 60's. If they wanted to they could have gone back to Africa or whatever. Everything I said was true, and I feel that Bl;acks DEMAND more then us whites get, Dont you call it equal oppertunity, bull**** you want it all and thats a fact. Am I racist halls no I have alot of colored friends and most of them agree with me also. So go big blue and drop dead you shriveled up monkey PEN1&gt;S

UpstateGiant15
04-15-2007, 10:17 AM
As for Anthony Wright, we could do worse. At least he has starting experience, a few wins under his belt -although so does Trent Green. But Wright comes wayyyyy cheaper. Lorenzen still makes the team, adios Hasselbeck. </P>

</P>

Blue Pride
04-15-2007, 10:22 AM
All of the programs, organizations, celebrations, etc. that you mentioned that minorities have that supposedly whites don't have were created because prior to those things, minorities didn't have spit to call theirs in this country. And if you knew history one bit beyond your own existence. you wouldn't have to be told this. The playing field STILL is not level, despite all of the things you have mentioned, and if it were, and had it ever been, these things wouldn't be needed. You think there is no holiday or celebration of white history,equal toBlack History Month? What about Columbus Day, Presidents day, Independence Day (sure isn't celebrating blacks independence!) Columbus Day, and on.... You think that the NAACP, UNCF and org.s like that were created just because? If not for the lack of equality and blatant and hidden institutional racism inherent to this country, there never would have been a need for them to begin with. You think there aren't 10 foldthe amount ofhistorically white colleges in America?With minority populations of less than 1%. They may not outwardly boast about being so, butmany do so resoundingly, in their politics and policies.You obviously wouldn't know about that, Dercky or whatever. You think the Image Awards for example, Source Awards, Soul Train Awards, Latin Grammy's( I realize you've most likely never even heard of these events but you complain about their existence anyway) would have been created if the efforts of minorities were being recognized and appreciated by white America? They were created as a response to white America's refusal to acknowledge our achievments and contributions. You think Affirmative Action and other programs like it were created to stick it to YOU, to prevent YOU from jobs and success. Get over your damn self and understand that less than 5 generations ago, white people were owning black people,which made them prosperous while they sat on the porch of the big house with whip in hand drinking sweet tea. Now we're the ones thought of by many as lazy. hmmm. Ain't that a b**ch! </P>

5 generations... I realize that you and no one on this board were such owners of other people as I have described, butyou think that one day blacks were free and that was the end of it all? You don't think that your forefathers didn't find alternate ways to get the same result? "Lawful" ways to keep one group down while they continued to prosper. It wasn't a rich- poor thing either, it was an intentional mass deprivation of life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness against black people. period. But now you complain because we aren't slaves anymore. Because we have pride in ourselves. Because we decided to help ourselves get out of the messthis country'sforefathers put us in. People who fell like you remind me of what my ancestors must have felt like 200, 300 years ago. I think you're pathetic and extremely short-sighted. I don't mean that towards white people in general. I'm talking to Dercky7, and anyone who agrees with him. Get a clue! And Go Big Blue.</P>

</P>

</P>

First off, I'm not black. I've had thepriviledge of working with "well educated" black men currently and in the past. One of the common threads they inevitably touch on is how many in their black community still cling to the thought that "whitey" owes them for transgressions that occurred over 200 years ago. John, who's black and has a masters from Princeton University, feels that many blacks lack the drive, not the opportunity, to succeed. He has no use for the likes of Al Sharpeton and Jesse Jackson, as he feels they just perpetuate the white-black stigma in order to generate donations to their cause and enable them to live off their "brother's" money. He cringes to hear one black call another a "nigga." He told me that "one is perceived as they act" and feels that embracing the ghetto lifestyle portraits them as uneducated. </P>

I have mixed feeling about how far we've come in making the playing field equal, but I do believe that continually pointing to the past as the reason for lack of success breeds more failure. </P>

I do have a question for you though. Is the reason that more minorities make up the prison population a result of the white man not giving the minorities more opportunities, or is it partly because of "lawlessness" and a lack of respect for their own communities? </P>

And lastly, take a look howEuropean/Asian immigrants were treated in the late '80's and early 1900s. The Irish, Chineseand Italians suffered greatly simply because they were different. Many Irish wound up in mines because they were exploited. Chineses died in large numbers working to lay the rail lines. I'm not saying that they suffered as badly as the blacks, but I think they certain rose above their past at some point. I remember the Rodney King riots in LA. Blacks turned to looting and burned the businesses of INNOCENT Korean shop owners.Is that an appropriate way to repay an Asian who takes the chance to open a business in what is historically a high crime area?</P>

You can only use violence/past history for so long until people tire of it. You're viewed by your actions, and the likes of those who are of the same nationality. Maybe it time for the self appointed leaders of minorities to hold their own communitiesresponsible for their actions.</P>

Trashcanman
04-15-2007, 10:58 AM
Congratulations UpStateGiant15, you've swallowed the bait, hook, line, and sinker. How does it feel to not have a brain of your own and to believe everything they tell you in school? Your parents must be proud.

Demitri68
04-15-2007, 11:02 AM
Anthony Wright is not a good QB. This moves does not make any sense to me.

Gianthunter
04-15-2007, 11:10 AM
<H3 class=entry-header>Giants Ink QB Anthony Wright</H3>
<DIV class=entry-content>
<DIV class=entry-body>

It looks like Eli Manning will have a new backup next season, now that the Giants have agreed to terms with free-agent quarterback Anthony Wright. </P>

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/docs/images/6r307l2s.jpgThe 31-year-old Wright is an eight-year veteran, who has spent time with four different teams and started 19 games in his <SPAN class=caps>NFL </SPAN>career. According to <FONT color=#ac0000>a report on <SPAN class=caps>ESPN.</SPAN>com</FONT> (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2836757), he agreed to terms on a two-year deal and will officially sign it next week.</P>

Itís not clear which of the Giantsí two backup quarterbacks will be affected most by this move. Veteran Tim Hasselbeck was Manningís backup in 2005, though Jared Lorenzen took over that role last season. Lorenzen has the stronger arm and more of an upside, but Hasselbeck has starting experience.</P>

The Giants werenít particularly comfortable with either one of them, though, if something had happened to Manning long-term.</P>

Itís possible that all four of them will go into training camp this summer with Hasselbeck and Lorenzen competing for the third-string role Ė and possibly even the backup job if they out-perform Wright. The Giants had a similar situation last summer when they brought veteran Rob Johnson in to compete with the other three.</P>

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/</P>

Geee guess he is black hmmmmm.Ohhh Welllllllllllllllll. somebody has to be the first.</P>

<FONT size=4>BIG FREAKIN DEAL[*-)]</FONT></P></DIV></DIV>

J FINN 20
04-15-2007, 11:23 AM
don't think its so much a fair rule just because they shouldn't have to be forced to interview minorities. Just for Example the past two offseasons teasm were interviewing Tim Lewis for HC postions and everyone knew he wasn't getting the job. But it is prob the only way to make things better so that one day race will not be an issue

BlueCore
04-15-2007, 11:33 AM
I am tired of this race thing. I think people should let it go. Why is it only the blacks get hurt from racisim. Why are there no white RB. Why don't teams find them? Why does sportsline post articles that state centers are only white? Give me a break. It is ok for a black person to say he is skilled for a white person but if you put black in there it is racism. I do not care what color you are but care what you stand for. Hate to see that in football too. There should be a general policy for created equal under God!

giantsfan420
04-15-2007, 11:33 AM
</p>

Because they just harp on something until it becomes an issue. Can you imagine if the Duke LaCrosse players had been black? All hell would break loose. But since they're white nobody seems to care that our justice system is a much bigger problem than what some guy said on the radio. If they hadn't had money they would be on their way to prison. Thanks to Sharpton and morons that actually give him credibility, free speech is well on it's way to being ancient history in this country.</p>

</p>

Say what you want but it's the truth. I really can't figure out what you're trying to say with those comments. Change my way of thinking? Ok. Whatever. I have trouble taking someone serious who has 420 in their sig. Maybe the pot is distorting your way of thinking.</p>

Or maybe when you say racist things like Imus...your not black, therefore don't itterate that Black people get special treatment, and if they do they deserve it for the crap the U.S. gave to em. If I was in jail and I am white, it could be Al Sharpton or a white reverend, help me out. Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson feel they owe it to the younger youth to help them out...lets not forget that Imus called the girls "knappy headed hoes" and crossed a very serious line. Yet, your defending him, if not arguing that its unfair what happened to Imus....dude, you got some issues if you can't see past black and white.

Trashcanman
04-15-2007, 11:40 AM
</P>

</P>

Say what you want but it's the truth. I really can't figure out what you're trying to say with those comments. Change my way of thinking? Ok. Whatever. I have trouble taking someone serious who has 420 in their sig. Maybe the pot is distorting your way of thinking.</P>

Or maybe when you say racist things like Imus...your not black, therefore don't itterate that Black people get special treatment, and if they do they deserve it for the crap the U.S. gave to em. If I was in jail and I am white, it could be Al Sharpton or a white reverend, help me out. Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson feel they owe it to the younger youth to help them out...lets not forget that Imus called the girls "knappy headed hoes" and crossed a very serious line. Yet, your defending him, if not arguing that its unfair what happened to Imus....dude, you got some issues if you can't see past black and white.
</P>

You're obviously unreachable. You need to go do some researching about Jackson and Sharpton and find out theier true intentions. They're scumbags. And I never stood up for Imus. I pointed out how biased the media is when it comes to racial issues. One example is black on white crime. It is virtually ignored whereas if it's the other way around it's national news. If this doesn't bother you then I guess you're a lost cause.</P>

Great White Ghost 11
04-15-2007, 11:45 AM
******ed post. whether they are from cuba or haiti or here or there, they are all of african descent anyway.

UpstateGiant15
04-15-2007, 11:51 AM
To not have a brain of my own? That's comical. First off let me say I apologize to the mods as I agree this topic does not belonghere. I replied to the post I read in the place where I read it. </P>

Now about my brain. I have enough of one to know what I see first hand every single day. What (its sounds like) you choose to ignore or aren't able to for who knows why, maybe because its not hapening to you. Things that aren't a figament of my imagination. And as for what they told me in school, did they teach me something about black america in school? I must have been sick that day. I am certainly not saying that we all do not have a responsibility for ourselves, because to a great extent we do, a great extent, and i am well aware and appreciative of our ability to achieve at any and all things, but to think that racism doesn't exist, or that collective or institutional racism doesn't exist today and doesn't have the ability to immensly impact the lives of specific individuals, because your "colored" friends as you called them, have managed to achieve IN SPITE OF, means that you are the brainwashed one, believing whatYOU'VE read. It doesn't affect everyone, no doubt, but it does many. Chinese people and whoever elsethat was mentioned were not settled here when the relationship betweenblack and white Americans in this country was forged. They came here by theirfree will, and while life isn't a handout foranyone, most of those immigrants youve mentioned still had a head startto achievment, at least they weren't black. Irish people,among others,went through hell no question, but over time, it became a melting pot, you couldn't tell an Irishman from an Italian from an Englishman and so racial divides were worn down, but guess who still could be told apart??? Segregated. Singled out. Profiled...I bet you can guess. You know, the realitiesof this are so apparently beyond some people's comprehension, I can't even explain it all.I'm actually sorry I tried. </P>

Great White Ghost 11
04-15-2007, 11:51 AM
The guy that came yup with the term was black, because HE got tired of beiong called Colored, Black, or a negro.seems to me it's a game black people play. Whichever name you choose, someone gets insulted and calls you a racist. colored is racist, african american is racist. Blackis racist. Negro is racist. Doesnt matter, you cant win.

They make a big deal to celebrate their own color and heritage, but if a white dares notice that heb is dealing with a non white, he is a racist. If you deal with them the same way you deal with a white, yuou are then culturally insensitive and a racist.You cant win. Doesnt matter what you do, the bottom line is they arent yet ready or willing to forgive the white man for slavery. and it dont matter if your whgite and your ancestors came over in the 1920s, from soem eastern european country where their family was desceended from 500 years of serfs, you still get told your ancestors are the problem, if if the black guys ancestors were in the country 200 years before yours.

BlueCore
04-15-2007, 11:53 AM
There is some truth to all that. I hate to say that. Al Sharpton and Rev. &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt; who is a cheeter on his wife Jackson shook businesses down for little things that could be turned into major issues. I have no problem with equal rights as long they are equal. On the other hand I have no love for Imus and he deserved what he got. We need young people to live upto expectations and possibilities, his comments have no ground. </P>

BlueCore
04-15-2007, 11:56 AM
WOW - I never seen so much typing on here

Great White Ghost 11
04-15-2007, 12:06 PM
If you thuink having the first black QB on the giants, incidentally hired by the first black GM of the giants means little or nothing, then you are eiither Naive, ignorant or disingenuous.

Great White Ghost 11
04-15-2007, 12:13 PM
Anthony Wright is not a good QB. This moves does not make any sense to me.

Erego, the reaason he was hired is because he is black. The team got tired of Coughlins white Uberman culture. Next head coach of the G men will be black.

Blue Pride
04-15-2007, 01:03 PM
To not have a brain of my own? That's comical. First off let me say I apologize to the mods as I agree this topic does not belonghere. I replied to the post I read in the place where I read it. </P>

Now about my brain. I have enough of one to know what I see first hand every single day. What (its sounds like) you choose to ignore or aren't able to for who knows why, maybe because its not hapening to you. Things that aren't a figament of my imagination. And as for what they told me in school, did they teach me something about black america in school? I must have been sick that day. I am certainly not saying that we all do not have a responsibility for ourselves, because to a great extent we do, a great extent, and i am well aware and appreciative of our ability to achieve at any and all things, but to think that racism doesn't exist, or that collective or institutional racism doesn't exist today and doesn't have the ability to immensly impact the lives of specific individuals, because your "colored" friends as you called them, have managed to achieve IN SPITE OF, means that you are the brainwashed one, believing whatYOU'VE read. It doesn't affect everyone, no doubt, but it does many. Chinese people and whoever elsethat was mentioned were not settled here when the relationship betweenblack and white Americans in this country was forged. They came here by theirfree will, and while life isn't a handout foranyone, most of those immigrants youve mentioned still had a head startto achievment, at least they weren't black. Irish people,among others,went through hell no question, but over time, it became a melting pot, you couldn't tell an Irishman from an Italian from an Englishman and so racial divides were worn down, but guess who still could be told apart??? Segregated. Singled out. Profiled...I bet you can guess. You know, the realitiesof this are so apparently beyond some people's comprehension, I can't even explain it all.I'm actually sorry I tried. </P>

</P>

First off, I didn't read what I said, I heard it from a successful black man who feels that mostblacks like to use whites for their excuse at not succeeding. Since you're black, do you know that blacks have the largest percentage of father-less families? I guess somehow that can be blamed on whitey as well. It's amazing how only a "select" few blacks are "allowed" to be successful while the rest of blacks are surpressed and left to fail high school and drug abuse. Maybe the white man brought drugs into the low incoming housing developments in order to keep the black man down? <FONT size=3>Let me get this straight. According to Al Sharpeton, the white man is responsible for inner-city ghettos. He's also responsible for black-on-black crime. He's responsible for the predominantly black Philadelphia school system failing to meet the PA state requirements. He's responsible for the high unemployment rate for blacks and finally, he wrongly profiles, accuses and incarcerates blacks at a disproportionate rate than any other nationality. Seems to me like the white man is responsible for the woes of the black man. I guess blacks are simply not responsible for their plight. </P>

Do you remember the Tawana Brawleycase (1987) in New York. Remember "Rev." Al accussing the local governement of failing to bring those responsible for her rape to justice? Ironically, it turned out that Tawana admitted she lied about the whole incident. NEVER ONCE did the dear Reverend apologize for his accusations...not once. Imus, who said something very stupid and very wrong, did apologize. In fact, the Rutger's girl's basketball team accepted his apology and was ready to move on...but no, the hero of all things black had to fill his check account back up by making a national media event out of it. I wonder when the Reverend (who by religious definition, is suppose to forgive)will get around to acknowledging that those Duke lacrosse player (white, of course) who he called, "spoiled, rich, white kids" were again, wrongly accused of rape. You want credibility for the black community..support someone credible.</P></FONT>

Blue Pride
04-15-2007, 01:12 PM
There is some truth to all that. I hate to say that. Al Sharpton and Rev. &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt; who is a cheeter on his wife Jackson shook businesses down for little things that could be turned into major issues. I have no problem with equal rights as long they are equal. On the other hand I have no love for Imus and he deserved what he got. We need young people to live upto expectations and possibilities, his comments have no ground. </P>

</P>

</P>

Do a Google on Jesse Jackson and Miller beer. And then Google J.J. and Toyota.</P>

The difference is that Toyota told Jackson to kiss-off, Miller gave Jackson's son the largest Miller owned beer distributorship in Chicago.</P>

Miller was worried about a black boycott. Toyotacared less about a black boycott since their demographics proved that most blacks didn't purchase new Toyotas. I guess blacks and Miller beer is a different relationship.</P>

</P>

And all this occurred under the unproven accusations levied by Jesse that both Miller and Toyota discriminated against them.</P>

Amazing Rob
04-15-2007, 01:27 PM
I don't care if the guy is green in color! Who is he and why are we even signing him? He's not good enough to contend or even scare manning into playing better. It's just a waste of money no matter how small and a waste of some QB coaches time when it could be used somewhere else!

thegreatone
04-15-2007, 01:50 PM
<FONT size=2>Don Imus was fired for calling the Rutgers University basketball team "nappy headed hos". Sure, that was inappropriate, but did the punishment fit the crime? Maybe we should look at the two guys who pushed this issue until Imus was fired.

Jesse Jackson says it's a question of morality, and what's right and what's wrong.

Just so we're clear:

Imus Calling Black Women "nappy headed hos": Wrong.

Jesse Jackson calling Jews "Hymies" and referring to New York as "Hymietown" : Right. (Washington Post, 1984)

Jesse Jackson having an affair and Impregnating Karin Stanford, then using rainbow coalition funds to pay her $40,000 and purchasing a $365,000 house to keep her quiet: Right

Jesse Jackson not paying child support for this child, and not visiting her: Right

Jesse Jackson Saying Duke La Crosse Rape Suspects who have been aquitted "deserved the negative attention" because they weren't acting morally by hiring a stripper: Right

I'm glad we have someone with strong moral values like Jesse Jackson to make sure nobody makes racist jokes on radio stations!

Thanks for showing us what's right and what's wrong Jesse.

And who can forget Al Sharpton, another strong moral figure who knows the power of words:

After District Attorney Steven Pagones failed to prosecute white suspects for raping a black girl (because evidence showed the story was fabricated) Al Sharpton accused Pagones Himself of raping the girl. Pagones successfully sued him for Defamation. Right

But it gets better:

In 1995, Sharpton led a protest in Harlem against the plans of Freddy's Fashion Mart, a Jewish-owned clothing store, to expand into a black neighborhood. Sharpton told the protesters, "We will not stand by and allow them to move this brother so that some white interloper can expand his business." Three months later, an armed protester forcibly entered the store and burned it down, killing himself and seven others. Right

Thanks Jesse and Al for showing us what's right and wrong. I'm glad we can finally see the light now. I'm glad you guys stopped this guy, and all his charities for sick and homeless children, that will now dry up. Thanks guys!</FONT></P>

<FONT size=2>i love how african americans "own" all these words. i mean you cant even say "you people". how friggin riduculous. i say you ppl if front of a white crowd it means "all you ppl in this room" say it to a few black ppl and all of a sudden its somehow racist? i really dont understand some african american's mentality. </FONT></P>

<FONT size=2>to quote the great chris rock:</FONT></P>

<FONT size=2>"i love black ppl.....but i hate NI**AS!"</FONT></P>

BlueCore
04-15-2007, 03:21 PM
<FONT size=2>Don Imus was fired for calling the Rutgers University basketball team "nappy headed hos". Sure, that was inappropriate, but did the punishment fit the crime? Maybe we should look at the two guys who pushed this issue until Imus was fired.

Jesse Jackson says it's a question of morality, and what's right and what's wrong.

Just so we're clear:

Jesse Jackson calling Jews "Hymies" and referring to New York as "Hymietown" : Right. (Washington Post, 1984)

Jesse Jackson having an affair and Impregnating Karin Stanford, then using rainbow coalition funds to pay her $40,000 and purchasing a $365,000 house to keep her quiet: Right

Jesse Jackson not paying child support for this child, and not visiting her: Right

Jesse Jackson Saying Duke La Crosse Rape Suspects who have been aquitted "deserved the negative attention" because they weren't acting morally by hiring a stripper: Right

I'm glad we have someone with strong moral values like Jesse Jackson to make sure nobody makes racist jokes on radio stations!

Thanks for showing us what's right and what's wrong Jesse.

And who can forget Al Sharpton, another strong moral figure who knows the power of words:

After District Attorney Steven Pagones failed to prosecute white suspects for raping a black girl (because evidence showed the story was fabricated) Al Sharpton accused Pagones Himself of raping the girl. Pagones successfully sued him for Defamation. Right

But it gets better:

In 1995, Sharpton led a protest in Harlem against the plans of Freddy's Fashion Mart, a Jewish-owned clothing store, to expand into a black neighborhood. Sharpton told the protesters, "We will not stand by and allow them to move this brother so that some white interloper can expand his business." Three months later, an armed protester forcibly entered the store and burned it down, killing himself and seven others. Right

Thanks Jesse and Al for showing us what's right and wrong. I'm glad we can finally see the light now. I'm glad you guys stopped this guy, and all his charities for sick and homeless children, that will now dry up. Thanks guys!</FONT></P>

<FONT size=2>i love how african americans "own" all these words. i mean you cant even say "you people". how friggin riduculous. i say you ppl if front of a white crowd it means "all you ppl in this room" say it to a few black ppl and all of a sudden its somehow racist? i really dont understand some african american's mentality. </FONT></P>

<FONT size=2>to quote the great chris rock:</FONT></P>

<FONT size=2>"i love black ppl.....but i hate NI**AS!"</FONT></P>

</P>

People want to divide instead of unite. Sad truth is we have to live together....unles people let the hate go we will not move forward. They want equal justice....but they can not define equal. Some how I don't think that all this is not what this country wanted for blacks and whites when they fought for equal rights. In my heart I would love for some black and white leaders to bring more morality to both sides. We are americans first. </P>

Amazing Rob
04-15-2007, 03:25 PM
<DIV class=ForumPostBodyArea>
<DIV class=ForumPostContentText id=_ctl0__ctl1_bcr__ctl0___PostRepeater__ctl3_Post ViewWrapper>I'm just going to repost my last one so maybe someone will reply to it instead of the other crap. Can we please talk about something that gets my mind of real things. Isn't that what this is for? Football forum = not serious topics. I think time magazine has a forum or something. Have fun there. haha. just kidding seriously like an answer to my question though. </DIV>
<DIV class=ForumPostContentText></DIV>
<DIV class=ForumPostContentText>I don't care if the guy is green in color! Who is he and why are we even signing him? He's not good enough to contend or even scare manning into playing better. It's just a waste of money no matter how small and a waste of some QB coaches time when it could be used somewhere else! </DIV></DIV>

giantsfan420
04-15-2007, 03:32 PM
</p>

</p>

Say what you want but it's the truth. I really can't figure out what you're trying to say with those comments. Change my way of thinking? Ok. Whatever. I have trouble taking someone serious who has 420 in their sig. Maybe the pot is distorting your way of thinking.</p>

</p>

You're obviously unreachable. You need to go do some researching about Jackson and Sharpton and find out theier true intentions. They're scumbags. And I never stood up for Imus. I pointed out how biased the media is when it comes to racial issues. One example is black on white crime. It is virtually ignored whereas if it's the other way around it's national news. If this doesn't bother you then I guess you're a lost cause.</p>
I completely understand your train of thought. Being a college graduate, I majored in sociology. Alot of the time was spent on racism and why the train of thought continues in America today. Well, its bc of comments like Imus made, and its also bc people get into a habit of saying oh whites get special treatment, blacks get special treatment. The thing people must understand and attain to, is that white/black/orange/green/"pothead" we're all the same. If I go onto a public forum and start saying racist things and I apologize but I have to use an example, "Black people are the best at basketball." Granted, your opinion may coincide with that statement, however people must evolve into not saying "black" people, but the individual, i.e. Michael Jordan was the best bball player ever. When we get into classifications and labeling, no matter what the argument, it will lead to thinking that hurts instead of helps. That's why Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, everyone was pulling for this guy to get fired. Its not because he's white, it's because he literally crossed a line and labeled and classified black women into "knappy headed hoes". That cannot be tolerated, no matter how you slice it. Granted Sharpton and Jackon may have done some shady things in the past, but the past also has a way of trapping people into thinking like a prick. The past is irrelevant in this matter, the only thing that matters is that a man stereotyped a group of black women on a national forum, there is no other way. A 2 week suspension just does not cut it, only if he were to take classes on racism and enlightening the brain would 2 weeks be cool.

NYSportzInFL
04-15-2007, 03:33 PM
The term African-American is so stupid. Im of Greek background, my father was born there and i've lived there for 2 years. Now, I was born in Brooklyn, would you call me a Greek American? No, just you average white American guy. But black people have to be called Afican-American? Doesn't make sense. Either call them black people or Americans.</P>

</P>

Oh yeah, Jackson and Sharpton are fools.</P>

giantsfan420
04-15-2007, 03:36 PM
The term African-American is so stupid. Im of Greek background, my father was born there and i've lived there for 2 years. Now, I was born in Brooklyn, would you call me a Greek American? No, just you average white American guy. But black people have to be called Afican-American? Doesn't make sense. Either call them black people or Americans.</p>

</p>

Oh yeah, Jackson and Sharpton are fools.</p>
actually, to quote a black comedian, i forget his name, he said something along the lines of...
"I hate this term african american. If you need to say a word to not feel racist, then your a ****ing racist. Oh you refered to me as African American? What, were you about to call me n bomb (i dont have the ballz to use that word and keep in mind it was a black comic)?"

NYSportzInFL
04-15-2007, 03:38 PM
The term African-American is so stupid. Im of Greek background, my father was born there and i've lived there for 2 years. Now, I was born in Brooklyn, would you call me a Greek American? No, just you average white American guy. But black people have to be called Afican-American? Doesn't make sense. Either call them black people or Americans.</P>

</P>

Oh yeah, Jackson and Sharpton are fools.</P>

actually, to quote a black comedian, i forget his name, he said something along the lines of...
"I hate this term african american. If you need to say a word to not feel racist, then your a ****ing racist. Oh you refered to me as African American? What, were you about to call me n bomb (i dont have the ballz to use that word and keep in mind it was a black comic)?"
</P>

Chris Rock? Dave Chappelle?</P>

Amazing Rob
04-15-2007, 03:41 PM
man i love FOOTBALL

lilrich
04-15-2007, 03:52 PM

that?

call us racists.

</P>

</P>

</P>

You are the most ignorant idiot I ever seen posting this total bull****, which first appearedon aNeo-Nazi White Supremcists site.</P>

</P>

First off BET was created cause no other musicchannel were playingblack artist not MTV not Vh1, so there goes thatweak excuse.</P>

</P>

Ghettos have been createddue to the lack ofpoliticans really caring about the inner city community. The didnt care about Crack destroying these communities until it started to reach the white communites of the suburbsand when a white Police officer was killed in NYPD who was used a martyr for Bush Srfirst election. This created ahuge number of minorites being unfairly targeted (those who had nothing dowith the drug trade).</P>

</P>

Black colleges were created because there were denied to the predominated white colleges at the time, and the trip is these Black Colleges accept white students!</P>

</P>

Black History month is relegated to the shortest month of the calendar year when it actuality should already be a part of history curriculum.</P>

</P>

White Racial slurs do not hold the historical significance of other racial slurs. A black person call a white person cracker all they want, it is wrong but minorites do not have the power in terms of politically, socially, economically etc to create public policies that negatively hurts white communites on a large scale, they way racist whites have done throughout history. The person who says is a sociology major can back me up on this claim.</P>

</P>

In essence I just shut down that entire bull**** post.</P>

Giantalltheway
04-15-2007, 03:52 PM
Ok. Sports fans

A black quarterback on the New York Giants. Huuuuuuuuuummmmmmm. It sounds good and it mind bring a new appearence to the G-Men. Just thing we had a black kicker that flopped. I liked the idea. We can give it a try. At lease he will be able to run. Ha ha

SehornIsGod
04-15-2007, 03:55 PM
Before he became a backup TE, Darnell Dinkins came to the Giants as a 4th QB back in 2002. So that's one I know of, at least.

dercky7
04-15-2007, 04:46 PM
the only thing you shut down was your own nonsense buddy You act liek everyone is racist well look again cause i am not but stop crying to me, and making lame excuses.

lilrich
04-15-2007, 04:59 PM
No not everyone is racists (especially if you actually know what racesim means), but the fact that you agree with ignorant, untrue, uninformed, uneducated statments taken from a White Supremecy site, leads me to possibly believe that you may harbor some of those same senitments.</P>

</P>

U say I making excuses,more like documented fact that can be found in numerous textbooks, studies and websites.</P>

giantsfan420
04-15-2007, 05:35 PM
I don't think this has antything to do with white or black and I do feel that when subjects like this rise it is always turned to this bull**** let it be guys.</p>

<font size="2">There are African Americans, Mexican Americans, Asian Americans,

that?

call us racists.

whites can be racists? its stupid but its true</font></p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

You are the most ignorant idiot I ever seen posting this total bull****, which first appearedon aNeo-Nazi White Supremcists site.</p>

</p>

First off BET was created cause no other musicchannel were playingblack artist not MTV not Vh1, so there goes thatweak excuse.</p>

</p>

Ghettos have been createddue to the lack ofpoliticans really caring about the inner city community. The didnt care about Crack destroying these communities until it started to reach the white communites of the suburbsand when a white Police officer was killed in NYPD who was used a martyr for Bush Srfirst election. This created ahuge number of minorites being unfairly targeted (those who had nothing dowith the drug trade).</p>

</p>

Black colleges were created because there were denied to the predominated white colleges at the time, and the trip is these Black Colleges accept white students!</p>

</p>

Black History month is relegated to the shortest month of the calendar year when it actuality should already be a part of history curriculum.</p>

</p>

White Racial slurs do not hold the historical significance of other racial slurs. A black person call a white person cracker all they want, it is wrong but minorites do not have the power in terms of politically, socially, economically etc to create public policies that negatively hurts white communites on a large scale, they way racist whites have done throughout history. The person who says is a sociology major can back me up on this claim.</p>

</p>

In essence I just shut down that entire bull**** post.</p>

Nice post, you really put that guy in his place. The thing he doesn't understand is that the things we help out the minority cultures with is because WE OWE THEM. There was a little thing called slavery, I don't know if the guy who starterd that neo nazi post understands this premis. It's one thing to know the term slavery, its another to imagine your family, blood line being forced into slave labor with no pay and no rights. When we abolished slavery, certain politicians lobied for the necessary help that these minority groups rightly deserve. This guy says "If a black person sees me he can call me honkey etc etc, if I call him the n word I m a racist." Well, the thing you MUST understand is, it took white society about 100 plus years to get a proactive idea, slavery isn't that old, thus, we must allow those who suffered the time to get that same proactive idea. I liked your point about when and how those racist terms really effect the culure, its when those in power use those terms and thoughts, not the minority.

thegreatone
04-15-2007, 06:17 PM

that?

call us racists.

</P>

</P>

</P>

You are the most ignorant idiot I ever seen posting this total bull****, which first appearedon aNeo-Nazi White Supremcists site.</P>

</P>

First off BET was created cause no other musicchannel were playingblack artist not MTV not Vh1, so there goes thatweak excuse.</P>

</P>

Ghettos have been createddue to the lack ofpoliticans really caring about the inner city community. The didnt care about Crack destroying these communities until it started to reach the white communites of the suburbsand when a white Police officer was killed in NYPD who was used a martyr for Bush Srfirst election. This created ahuge number of minorites being unfairly targeted (those who had nothing dowith the drug trade).</P>

</P>

Black colleges were created because there were denied to the predominated white colleges at the time, and the trip is these Black Colleges accept white students!</P>

</P>

Black History month is relegated to the shortest month of the calendar year when it actuality should already be a part of history curriculum.</P>

</P>

White Racial slurs do not hold the historical significance of other racial slurs. A black person call a white person cracker all they want, it is wrong but minorites do not have the power in terms of politically, socially, economically etc to create public policies that negatively hurts white communites on a large scale, they way racist whites have done throughout history. The person who says is a sociology major can back me up on this claim.</P>

</P>

In essence I just shut down that entire bull**** post.</P>

Nice post, you really put that guy in his place. The thing he doesn't understand is that the things we help out the minority cultures with is because WE OWE THEM. There was a little thing called slavery, I don't know if the guy who starterd that neo nazi post understands this premis. It's one thing to know the term slavery, its another to imagine your family, blood line being forced into slave labor with no pay and no rights. When we abolished slavery, certain politicians lobied for the necessary help that these minority groups rightly deserve. This guy says "If a black person sees me he can call me honkey etc etc, if I call him the n word I m a racist." Well, the thing you MUST understand is, it took white society about 100 plus years to get a proactive idea, slavery isn't that old, thus, we must allow those who suffered the time to get that same proactive idea. I liked your point about when and how those racist terms really effect the culure, its when those in power use those terms and thoughts, not the minority.
</P>

owe them? i owe no man anything. especially for something that happened before my family even came to this country. this what ticks off a lot of white ppl so much. many of our families never even owned slaves and yet we are held accountable for mistakes some other ******bags made because we share the same color skin? man im sick of this BS.</P>

you know jews are one of the mostbeat down ethnicities in history but do you constantly hear them *****ing and moaning? no they overcame and now are a very prosperous ppl. same with irish, and italian. not to the extent of the jews but they all overcame racism. must of been hard for them to have a fellow white man hate them because of their background. do i owe the irish,italians,asian,s because my family is of english and british decent? hell no. ive never oppressed anyone nor do i OWE anyone squat.</P>

like another poster stated, many of them just lack the drive to overcome economical and psycological barriers. laziness...not all but many.</P>

J FINN 20
04-15-2007, 06:28 PM
I believe that everyone is a racist in these modern times. The situation is so touchy that you could be considered a racist for making a joke how all Asians are good with math. Your not being malevolent towards the race but it is unappropriate.
rac∑ism

The belief that race accounts for differences in human character.

According to that definition I guess I'm considered a racist. Not in the traditional sense of I hate you cause your not like me sense, more of the sense of stereotyping. I'm of Italian heritage and I stereotype against Italian's if I see a guido guy walking around I will think he is Italian. That would come under racism, also If there is a rich Italian male I'd probably assume they are connected to the mafia depending on what they do. Is that really discriminating against anyone no? Does that make me a racist I reall don't know but to say that no in here has ever had a racist thought that Asian's are good at math or don't drive well, that Irish people are drunks, Italians are all gangsters, and so on. I can say that most people in America have had racists thoughts so wouldn't that make this whole country racist?

romani
04-15-2007, 07:54 PM
I was hoping this thread actually might discuss Anthony Wright but I see that there is no chance of that. Are there even moderators on this board?

Anyway, 420, I have to respond to a few things you said here.

Nice post, you really put that guy in
his place. The thing he doesn't understand is that the things we help
out the minority cultures with is because WE OWE THEM. There was a
little thing called slavery, I don't know if the guy who starterd that
neo nazi post understands this premis. It's one thing to know the term
slavery, its another to imagine your family, blood line being forced
into slave labor with no pay and no rights. When we abolished slavery,
certain politicians lobied for the necessary help that these minority
groups rightly deserve. This guy says "If a black person sees me he can
call me honkey etc etc, if I call him the n word I m a racist." Well,
the thing you MUST understand is, it took white society about 100 plus
years to get a proactive idea, slavery isn't that old, thus, we must
allow those who suffered the time to get that same proactive idea. I
liked your point about when and how those racist terms really effect
the culure, its when those in power use those terms and thoughts, not
the minority.

I am white. 100 years ago my family was living in dirt poor conditions in southern Italy, hardly able to feed themselves. My great grandfather saved up to come to America. He was discriminated against and not given jobs because he was Catholic and he was "dark." He never had slaves. Nor did his grandfather, or his grandfather's grandfather.

You can blame the English colonists and early white Americans for slavery and its effects, but please keep in mind that

A. they're all dead and their ancestors aren't guilty of their sins
B. not all white Americans are descended from slave owning Anglos. In fact, most are not.
C. I don't "owe" anyone anything because of the mistakes of people I am not even related to.

If I go onto a public forum and start saying racist things and I apologize but I have to use an example, "Black people are the best at basketball." Granted, your opinion may coincide with that statement, however people must evolve into not saying "black" people, but the individual, i.e. Michael Jordan was the best bball player ever. When we get into classifications and labeling, no matter what the argument, it will lead to thinking that hurts instead of helps.

Ok, here is where you lose me. I do not follow basketball, but is it safe to say that hmm.. out of the top 10 NBA players, 7 of them are black? And that there are a lot more blacks than any other race in the NBA? Then how is it not just an observation that "black people are the best at basketball"? What is wrong about that? How is it not factual, if at the highest level of basketball... the NBA... out of millions of people who love to play, the "cream of the crop" who go pro are mostly black.

It does not necessarily imply that there is some feature inherent in African DNA strains that = basketball all star. It just means that the best players in the NBA are black! Guess what, the best bowlers in the Vienna Bowling League are Austrian! :-)

You see, the human mind has a natural tendency to categorize things. General categories based on observation and experience is how we make sense of the world.

Where a generalization like this goes wrong is when it leads to statements like:
"You're black, so you must be good at basketball." or "You're Asian, so you must suck at basketball." That is where it gets bad, because it turns the generalization into an absolute... and a generalization is just that... "generally" correct in terms of trends, not an absolute indicator of individual performance.

Do you see the difference here?

That's why Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, everyone was pulling for this guy to get fired. Its not because he's white, it's because he literally crossed a line and labeled and classified black women into "knappy headed hoes".

Ok, this betrays your ignorance of the topic.It doesn't seem like you have ever listened to Imus, or really done much investigation into this particular incident.

I actually listened to Imus so I got to know his personality. I remember when he was discussing race, and what he said to his son Wyatt when he asked why some guys are black and some guys are white. Imus told his son, it's like cars, I've got a black pickup, your mom has a white one, but they have t he same engine, they run on the same gas. I think that is a great analogy to use to describe race to a child. And certainly is not an analogy that a racist would use!

Also, Imus used the "nappy" term to describe Rutgers team compared to the Tennessee team... both teams were primarily black. He was not using it to describe all black women.

Anyway, I'm not at all defending what he said, just trying to put it into context, and let you know that if you actually listen to the guy, he is not a racist. He just did something awful, like we all do at different points in our life.

Rather than Imus taking classes on racism, I think you should take some more sociology classes, especially one that teaches:

1. Do not jump to conclusions
2. It's best to withhold judgement until you have all the facts.

Moderator_J
04-15-2007, 07:59 PM
This is exactly why we don't allow any kind of political, religious,or racially oriented discussion on any of these forums. It gets off topic and then it gets ugly.</P>

<FONT size=6>TAKE THIS SORT OF THING ELSEWHERE OR YOU WILL BE BANNED FOR LIFE</FONT></P>