PDA

View Full Version : The DJ Ware spot

eastbayblue
01-16-2012, 12:00 AM
What the hell was that, clearly he had a 1st down at mid field then they spot the ball 2 yards shy and no one even mentions anything or challenges. What a disgusting officiating display!!!! The Osi hit and of course the fumble, I was sick. I am in celebration mode now but I'm still piping hot over the refs, this has to stop!!!

JMFP2
01-16-2012, 12:02 AM
What the hell was that, clearly he had a 1st down at mid field then they spot the ball 2 yards shy and no one even mentions anything or challenges. What a disgusting officiating display!!!! The Osi hit and of course the fumble, I was sick. I am in celebration mode now but I'm still piping hot over the refs, this has to stop!!!</P>

You'd think after last week, there would have been a conversation about how to properly spot a ball.</P>

Frankly, I'm looking forward to the day when the refs are replaced by robots.</P>

FBomb
01-16-2012, 12:02 AM
Yep...one of the many timesI cursed out the refs tonight!!!

DragonSoul
01-16-2012, 12:03 AM
Yep...one of the many times*I cursed out the refs tonight!!!ditto. Still am.

byron
01-16-2012, 12:10 AM
Same here I'm talking at the tv wtf kind of spot was that I was thinking I missed something...and we don't even get a replay as I remember it... you could see Ware complaining...

M0rbid
01-16-2012, 12:14 AM
It was so obvious, who this ref was rooting for.

FBomb
01-16-2012, 12:16 AM
Same here I'm talking at the tv wtf kind of spot was that I was thinking I missed something...and we don't even get a replay as I remember it... you could see Ware complaining...</P>

Nope...no replay. Believe me, I was screaming for one.</P>

FBomb
01-16-2012, 12:16 AM
Same here I'm talking at the tv wtf kind of spot was that I was thinking I missed something...and we don't even get a replay as I remember it... you could see Ware complaining...</P>

Nope...no replay. Believe me, I was screaming for one.</P>

RagTime Blue
01-16-2012, 12:18 AM
Same here I'm talking at the tv wtf kind of spot was that I was thinking I missed something...and we don't even get a replay as I remember it... you could see Ware complaining...</p>

Nope...no replay. Believe me, I was screaming for one.</p>

What got me is that not even the commentators mentioned it.

Like it never happened.

NYGRealityCheck
01-16-2012, 12:21 AM

Nope...no replay.* Believe me, I was screaming for one.</P>

But Coughlin was forced to take into consideration that the bleeping Packer-helping Refs might not overturn that even with a replay challenge and lose a timeout.

simms56
01-16-2012, 01:11 AM
Same here I'm talking at the tv wtf kind of spot was that I was thinking I missed something...and we don't even get a replay as I remember it... you could see Ware complaining...</p>

Nope...no replay. Believe me, I was screaming for one.</p>

But Coughlin was forced to take into consideration that the bleeping Packer-helping Refs might not overturn that even with a replay challenge and lose a timeout.

Exactly, already had one taken earlier and if they lose that one he gets zero more for the game. They have to revamp this replay thing in the offseason. Even the WWE isn't so blatantly phony. Bobby The Brain Heenan did a better job of hiding insidious tactics.

MikeIsaGiant
01-16-2012, 01:35 AM
Yeah thanks for the replay, that was a 1st down. It's all bull

threenout
01-16-2012, 06:25 AM
I was amazed first at the spot then at the fact nothing was said by anyone including the Giants. It was a pathetic spot and just another "homer" call in the Packers favor.

hungrrrry
01-16-2012, 08:15 AM
I had it on DVR and went over it and over it and just did not see why there was such a serious discrepancy on the spot...we werent talking inches here...they missed it by feet. Not sure why it wasn't contended. And though I know these *******s threw away challenges/time-outs on Coughlin before, at least a spectacle would have been made of it and if they didn't respot then there would certainly have been a legitament reason for a complaint to the league. Not so sure now, even though there is irrefuatble evidence.

miked1958
01-16-2012, 08:19 AM
What the hell was that, clearly he had a 1st down at mid field then they spot the ball 2 yards shy and no one even mentions anything or challenges. What a disgusting officiating display!!!! The Osi hit and of course the fumble, I was sick. I am in celebration mode now but I'm still piping hot over the refs, this has to stop!!!
Dude without those 3 calls the might Packers very well might be shutout 37-0

miked1958
01-16-2012, 08:22 AM
I had it on DVR and went over it and over it and just did not see why there was such a serious discrepancy on the spot...we werent talking inches here...they missed it by feet. Not sure why it wasn't contended. And though I know these *******s threw away challenges/time-outs on Coughlin before, at least a spectacle would have been made of it and if they didn't respot then there would certainly have been a legitament reason for a complaint to the league. Not so sure now, even though there is irrefuatble evidence.
Yep and they got FG off that. It was our first offensive series of 2nd half and had they spotted it correctly. Our drive continues and maybe we get 3 or 7

G-Man67
01-16-2012, 08:37 AM
i was disappointed that they didn't show some replays on that ... Aikman and Buck totally ignored it, but obviously so did the TV crew

G-Man67
01-16-2012, 08:39 AM

yeah i bet Coughlin challenges if he had won the 1st challenge, but he couldn't b/c then we would have been out of challenges

miked1958
01-16-2012, 08:52 AM
Yep and they got FG off that. It was our first offensive series of 2nd half and had they spotted it correctly. Our drive continues and maybe we get 3 or 7
As a matter of fact same kind of thing happened to us at close of half during falcons game..Eli rushed up to get playoff in hurry up offense and both he and our coaches thought we had it so no reason to call timeout ther. It was up to people upstairs to stop play and look at that since it was under two minutes. Again it was ignored

Mercury
01-16-2012, 08:53 AM
Not challenged, because the Giants needed to save their last challenge in case of a more crucial blundered call by the biased refs! (one resulting in a turnover.)

lttaylor56
01-16-2012, 09:00 AM
Dude without those 3 calls the might Packers very well might be shutout 37-0Absolutely. The officiating needs to be addressed. Levy is making very poor decisions. I know the yellow line is not completely accurate, but even a novice to this game could see the improper placement of the ball after that play. I'm not saying he got the first down, he clearly did not, but he was not where they spotted the ball.

I am not crying conspiracy theory, but I can think of two major blown calls that effected NYG losing this year.

Ballard knee down in endzone for td GB game 12/4

Td overturned in San Fran game 11/13

Had the officiating been better this year, it's possible we finish 11/5, not 9/7. Our record reflects nothing of the quality of this team this year.