PDA

View Full Version : I LOVE CROW

Manning
01-16-2012, 01:03 AM
Before the season started, after the lost players in FA and lost players to injuries, I thought we were looking at a season where 8-8 would be a good year.

I'm so happy this team exceeded my expectations. I'm still in disbelief on how this is happening. This is the greatest tasting crow ever.

BTW, one person I've never lost faith in is Coughlin. Best coach in NFL and its not even close.

EJ Blue
01-16-2012, 01:08 AM
oh, this is one of those classic threads.

We lose: "Fire Coughlin, fire the coordinators, cut this guy, draft this guy."
We win: "Oh man! Coughlin is the best coach!I love this team *so on so forth*"

Manning
01-16-2012, 01:13 AM
I never said fire Coughlin, though I thought his job was in jeporady after skins game.

He has alway has this team in contention even with lesser talent.

He is a great coach.

EJ Blue
01-16-2012, 01:15 AM
I'm not saying it's you who said it, but that's the way threads typically go around here, lol.

GMan883
01-16-2012, 01:25 AM
Before the season started, after the lost players in FA and lost players to injuries, I thought we were looking at a season where 8-8 would be a good year.

I'm so happy this team exceeded my expectations. I'm still in disbelief on how this is happening. This is the greatest tasting crow ever.

BTW, one person I've never lost faith in is Coughlin. Best coach in NFL and its not even close.

I said the same exact thing in August!!! "...if they go 8-8, i'll be satisfied if they fight til the end." Anything more would be icing on the cake" HA! What an idiot! I tend too lean towards optimistic homer before the season starts too. I have never felt so happy to be wrong!!!

Bohemian
01-16-2012, 01:59 AM
Although I was not too vocal about my pescimism after so many starters going down before the season even got started. I really thought that losing Goff, T-Thomas, Hixon, Andrews, Sintim and Austin during the earlier part of the year would be difficult to overcome.
As far as Coughlin is concerned. He is one of a handful of head coaches that I would consider as all-time greats. The only way that he could ever be replaced, would be by him declaring his retirement, or for him having horrid consecutive years where it became obvious that he could not sustain his usual level of excellence.

In retrospect, it is easy to see how Coughlin could get this team to overcome their roster concerns, as he will always have his players ready to compete regardless of the original depth chart spot.

Go Blue!