PDA

View Full Version : Expose Alex Smith for what he really is...

BeatTHEJETS
01-16-2012, 12:13 AM
A nobody. We should be able to destroy him, if we play the same d that weve been playing the last 5 weeks.

Alex Smith is a fluke. Hes alright but hes not great, we have to finally put him down.
ITs the 49ers d that im worried about.

Pakman
01-16-2012, 12:17 AM
The man drove down the field TWICE when it mattered. He is not a bum.

dave56dj
01-16-2012, 12:18 AM
No one is pretending or claiming Smith is great. What they are saying is he has handled play action fakes well - has been effective in the dink and dunk - has made plays with his legs - has not turned the ball over and has been exactly what they've asked him to be. They don't askl Smith to beat teams with his arm very often - although he sure as hell showed NO he could do that. So lets not rush into saying he is a fluke. He has put together a very good year.

He is not a QB who will beat you all on his own - as eli has many times this year - but he has done a wonderful job as a field general and has shown he can make plays when they need it. Like every other Q get him in third and longs and then put him on his back - its hard to throw from your back. BUT DONT SLEEP ON HIM.

XxBigWhitxX
01-16-2012, 12:19 AM
A nobody. We should be able to destroy him, if we play the same d that weve been playing the last 5 weeks.

Alex Smith is a fluke. Hes alright but hes not great, we have to finally put him down.
ITs the 49ers d that im worried about.We made the mistake once of underrating him. We can't afford to do it again.

tripleaamin9
idk about that game I mean the Saints leading sacker was their saftey

JMFP2
I think the Giants really need to step back and appreciate how damn good the 49ers have begun.</P>

I remember the first game, I thought the Giants were going to kick their ***.</P>

Granted, I think the Giantsare playing much better football now than at midseason.....but the 49ers just beat a team that mopped the floor with the Giants a few weeks ago.</P>

I really hope Fewell gameplans him as aggressively as he has with Ryan and Rodgers, though....they can't afford to take him lightly.</P>

BeatTHEJETS
01-16-2012, 12:20 AM
The man drove down the field TWICE when it mattered. He is not a bum.

True. But New Orleans Defense is pretty horrible.

RiceFan49
01-16-2012, 12:22 AM
I'm a 49ers fan, I was one of the guys calling for Troy Smith and David Carr last year. This year he has proven to be clutch and really came through for us on a number of games.

Gawd, I can't believe I'm defending Alex Smith. However, I never knew crow can taste this good.

Pakman
01-16-2012, 12:27 AM
I'm a 49ers fan, I was one of the guys calling for Troy Smith and David Carr last year. This year he has proven to be clutch and really came through for us on a number of games.

Gawd, I can't believe I'm defending Alex Smith. However, I never knew crow can taste this good.

I always knew Alex Smith was not a 1st pick, but something told me that this year he would play solid at QB.

BornLegend
01-16-2012, 12:30 AM

ITs the 49ers d that im worried about.This is the same thing the Rams said about Brady in that 1st SB.

JayDAche
01-16-2012, 12:34 AM

Spoken like a true adult.
Give respect where it's due, A.Smith has been playing lights out all year.

dave56dj
01-16-2012, 12:36 AM
Well as i posted earlier Smith is not to be taken lightly - but he is nor ever will be in any category with Brady. He has been a masterful filed general and opened it up at the end of NO game - but stil he is not asked to do the things the bog boys are and yet he doesnt have to due to a very good run game and great d.

NYGRealityCheck
01-16-2012, 12:55 AM
A. Smith is probably what the Jets hoped Sanchez would be when they had a great defense. If there's nobody opened, he's getting out of the tackle box and throwing the ball straight to the sidelines, no INTs for the other team. The guy has only thrown 5 INTs all season.

MikeIsaGiant
01-16-2012, 01:02 AM
He's good, the 49ers are good, that's why they beat the Saints are in the NFC champsionship game.

I'm sure the management and coaches won't underestimate him

VBGiantsFan
01-16-2012, 01:08 AM

Alex Smith is not a fluke, he is a good QB, former 1st round draft pick for a reason, and now has a good team and more importantly a GREAT coach around him.

What the Giants need to recognize is that they cannot blitz him, but instead double Davis, and play press on the outside. Force Smith to throw into coverage and let the front 4 get to him.

If you blitz and the 49ers pick it up, Alex Smith will pick you apart....just ask NO...

Axels15
01-16-2012, 01:10 AM
Yup, Im just pissed the early forecast is rain, cause that D is hard to run against.

We'll see what happens!