PDA

View Full Version : Next time do not go 15-1 if you are worried about rust.

DragonSoul
01-16-2012, 01:31 AM
For the haters using that now as the reason why GB loss. Feel free to share.

RiceFan49
01-16-2012, 01:33 AM
We had a bye AND we played great!

DragonSoul
01-16-2012, 01:36 AM
We had a bye AND we played great!You guys did. IMHO you guys should have blown them out earlier with all those turnovers.

GameTime
01-16-2012, 01:36 AM
rust....shmust....

if anyone was rusty it was the refs...lol

The Packers O was taken out of their game by the Giants D. Also They just couldnt handle the game day oressure.....

Pakman
01-16-2012, 01:37 AM
rust....shmust....

if anyone was rusty it was the refs...lol

The Packers O was taken out of their game by the Giants D. Also They just couldnt handle the game day oressure.....

Change your avatar bro! WOOOO

tripleaamin9
01-16-2012, 01:38 AM
the 49ers played their starters in week 17

JayDAche
01-16-2012, 01:41 AM

We also had to...
The only starter the Packers didn't play was Rodgers if I'm not mistaken?...

But anyway.. Excuses will be excuses.
Apparently the Niners only beat NO because they play dirty and intentionally hurt Brees,Graham, and Thomas.

*Shrug*

DragonSoul
01-16-2012, 01:42 AM

We also had to...

Apparently the Niners only beat NO because they play dirty and intentionally hurt Brees,Graham, and Thomas.

*Shrug*I watched the game. Was a great game. That is what i remember from great defenses.

GameTime
01-16-2012, 01:42 AM
rust....shmust.... if anyone was rusty it was the refs...lol The Packers O was taken out of their game by the Giants D. Also They just couldnt handle the game day oressure..... Change your avatar bro! WOOOO</P>

not till Tuesday......thats my usual gameplan......lol</P>

</P>

JayDAche
01-16-2012, 01:46 AM

We also had to...

*Shrug*I watched the game. Was a great game. That is what i remember from great defenses.

Agreed 100%,

It's all about sore losers. Hard hitting is what football is all about. Would be an awful sport otherwise.

Gunakor
01-16-2012, 01:48 AM
I wouldn't call it rust. Green Bay was most notable for not having player organized workouts during the lockout yet started the season on fire nonetheless. If 5 months of inactivity didn't cause rust to start the season, I don't think 3 weeks of inactivity is to blame here.

DragonSoul
01-16-2012, 01:48 AM

We also had to...

Agreed 100%,

It's all about sore losers. Hard hitting is what football is all about. Would be an awful sport otherwise.they are trying, but as long as its a clean hit I have no issues.

ny06
01-16-2012, 01:55 AM
There's a buzzsaw in the playoffs, and it's the NY Giants...</P>

</P>

fourth&forever
01-16-2012, 02:36 AM

We also had to...

*Shrug*
They're saying you guys played dirty? Thats funny. I thought the saints did. Give what you get I guess.

Okay this week: Fair fighting. No biting. Loser goes down swinging. Good luck

Harooni
01-16-2012, 05:09 AM
A lot are saying drops and that Jennings got paid off to throw the game.

How about giving gmen some credit for playing hard and well.

DragonSoul
01-16-2012, 05:12 AM

How about giving gmen dome credit for playing hard and well.havent heard the jennings thing.

But some of the drops were because Rodgers were rushed, some were drops, some was bad timing/spotting, and others were players didn't want to get hit. Example:
Nelson had a drop towards the end because he was looking over his shoulder, as he didn't want to get hit. Even rodgers after he was hit he rushed a few passes afterwards.

Harooni
01-16-2012, 05:38 AM

How about giving gmen dome credit for playing hard and well.havent heard the jennings thing.

But some of the drops were because Rodgers were rushed, some were drops, some was bad timing/spotting, and others were players didn't want to get hit. Example:
Nelson had a drop towards the end because he was looking over his shoulder, as he didn't want to get hit. Even rodgers after he was hit he rushed a few passes afterwards.Yeah I give credit to the giants D. Stepped it up in the secondary. But I do think Rodgers did all he could. They didn't lose because of him.

Gunakor
01-16-2012, 05:50 AM
But I do think Rodgers did all he could. They didn't lose because of him.

He was less than sharp in the second half. His legs kept us in the game, but his arm took us out of it. He left 14 points on the field by missing throws at the most crucial point of the game for Green Bay. The loss isn't all on him, but he shares a large responsibility in the team's failure.

DragonSoul
01-16-2012, 04:48 PM

Nelson had a drop towards the end because he was looking over his shoulder, as he didn't want to get hit. Even rodgers after he was hit he rushed a few passes afterwards.Yeah I give credit to the giants D. Stepped it up in the secondary. But I do think Rodgers did all he could. They didn't lose because of him.There was some on him Harooni.

After he was hit on one play in the second half, he had a guy open near the sideline and then threw it off the mark. I think that was one of the 2-3 he probably rushed the throw, cause he was thinking about getting hit. Hit internal timer went off a bit faster then normal.

Redeyejedi
01-16-2012, 04:52 PM

We also had to...

*Shrug*U mean they played the game like Men.Fans of those teams feel like there guys shouldnt get hit

CDN_G-FAN
01-16-2012, 05:52 PM
For the haters using that now as the reason why GB loss. Feel free to share.</P>

</P>

Remember alot of fans getting on Coughlin for playing everyone in our meaningless game against the Pats in 07?</P>

There's something to be said for this old fashioned pedal to the metal hard nosed win every down and every play football attitude.</P>

There's nothing wrong with saying Rodgers was off. He was. Whether its because its been almost a month since his last full game or for some other reason, wouldn't you want to cut down on the potential reaons for a problem?</P>

Just another check-mark in Tom Coughlin's column of "why he's a great coach" IMHO.......</P>

JayDAche
01-16-2012, 06:07 PM

How about giving gmen some credit for playing hard and well.
Lol, paid off the throw the game.

JayDAche
01-16-2012, 06:08 PM
For the haters using that now as the reason why GB loss. Feel free to share.</P>

*</P>

Remember alot of fans getting on Coughlin for playing everyone in our meaningless game against the Pats in 07?</P>

There's something to be said for this old fashioned pedal to the metal hard nosed win every down and every play football attitude.</P>

There's nothing wrong with saying Rodgers was off.* He was.* Whether its because its been almost a month since his last full game or for some other reason, wouldn't you want to cut down on the potential reaons for a problem?</P>

Just another check-mark in Tom Coughlin's column of "why he's a great coach" IMHO.......</P>

I just don't see that as a viable excuse...
I mean Flynn didn't play since the playoffs last year... He tore it up.
THAT IS RUST lol.

Diamondring
01-16-2012, 06:13 PM
I wouldn't call it rust. Green Bay was most notable for not having player organized workouts during the lockout yet started the season on fire nonetheless. If 5 months of inactivity didn't cause rust to start the season, I don't think 3 weeks of inactivity is to blame here.We could also look at how they went 15 and 1 because the lockout effected all of the teams and the same could be said for the hated 49ers.

DragonSoul
01-16-2012, 06:23 PM

*</P>

There's nothing wrong with saying Rodgers was off.* He was.* Whether its because its been almost a month since his last full game or for some other reason, wouldn't you want to cut down on the potential reaons for a problem?</P>

Just another check-mark in Tom Coughlin's column of "why he's a great coach" IMHO.......</P>The players wanted it, so he said ok to it..

BobSinPA
01-16-2012, 06:23 PM
3 of 4 teams with the extra week off WON this weekend - so, so much for RUST.

miked1958
01-16-2012, 06:40 PM
We had a bye AND we played great!Was great catch to end game. Epic!!! But I would not call getting 5 turnovers and almost losing playing great. U were lucky to get out alive with the win. And your awesome D gave up 32 points. Something to worry aboutx

Robert21156
01-16-2012, 06:44 PM
A lot are saying drops and that Jennings got paid off to throw the game. How about giving gmen some credit for playing hard and well.</P>

Wow, where'd you get that "sweet" avatar?</P>

Harooni
01-16-2012, 07:56 PM
A lot are saying drops and that Jennings got paid off to throw the game. How about giving gmen some credit for playing hard and well.</P>

Wow, where'd you get that "sweet" avatar?</P>

Lol my good ole metro collection

Joe Morrison
01-16-2012, 08:11 PM
3 of 4 teams with the extra week off WON this weekend - so, so much for RUST.</P>

I saw it this way, McCarthy thought there was no way the GMEN were going to be able to stop him, forgot he was in a playoff game and every point was going to count and left some on the field early.</P>

As far as the onsides kick, I think at that point he knew his guys couldn't stop Eli and figured he could maybe steal one and maybe get a score and the ball back starting the 2nd half, he just failed to realize that this was not the same team he played a couple weeks ago and let his arrogance get the best of him the further the game moved along.</P>

TC is the man and will have his guys ready for rookie coach in SF next week, be a nice stepping stone for Harbough to get to play for all the marlbes against TC and prepare him for his next chance.</P>

Until then, GMEN head to INDY to grab another one!</P>

DragonSoul
01-17-2012, 09:34 AM
3 of 4 teams with the extra week off WON this weekend - so, so much for RUST.</P>

I saw it this way, McCarthy thought there was no way the GMEN were going to be able to stop him, forgot he was in a playoff game and every point was going to count and left some on the field early.</P>

As far as the onsides kick, I think at that point he knew his guys couldn't stop Eli and figured he could maybe steal one and maybe get a score and the ball back starting the 2nd half, he just failed to realize that this was not the same team he played a couple weeks ago and let his arrogance get the best of him the further the game moved along.</P>

TC is the man and will have his guys ready for rookie coach in SF next week, be a nice stepping stone for Harbough to get to play for all the marlbes against TC and prepare him for his next chance.</P>

Until then, GMEN head to INDY to grab another one!</P>They tried to do what SF did to us, and hats off to TC and the staff in making sure it does not happen again.

miked1958
01-17-2012, 10:11 AM
We had a bye AND we played great! you didnt play us yet

sc_markt
01-17-2012, 05:45 PM
For the haters using that now as the reason why GB loss. Feel free to share.

So, how many other teams who have had the 1st week off lost when they came back? From what I can remember, it seems as if these teams usually win.

THE_New_York_Giants
01-17-2012, 05:47 PM
We had a bye AND we played great!
That game should have been 56-21 with the field position you were getting off the turnovers.

JMGGIANTS
01-17-2012, 06:29 PM
If they win after the bye it is it was great to get the rest and for the players to get healthier. If they lose it is the rust. Funny but during the regular season the bye didn't hurt GB.

chasjay
01-17-2012, 06:38 PM

<font color="#000000">Edited because my comment made no sense.</font> They wouldn't let me delete.

DragonSoul
01-17-2012, 06:43 PM

<font color="#000000">Edited because my comment made no sense.</font> They wouldn't let me delete.
lol classic