giants-_-
01-16-2012, 01:32 AM
4.3 is all i have to say

MikeIsaGiant
01-16-2012, 01:33 AM
Guy is a beast, I'm scared of him

XxBigWhitxX
01-16-2012, 01:34 AM
heavy dose of Boley & Philips bracketing.

repeatchamps
01-16-2012, 01:34 AM
Attach Boley to his hip.

dave56dj
01-16-2012, 01:38 AM
Boley Williams KP and Deon. Boley is gonna need help for sure - Davis is faster and bigger then Whitten - Gonzo and Finley. Im glad he had a huge game just so the Gmen are keying on him and see the tape of how the saints failed. Davis is beast and we were doing ok on him until boley went down first matchup.

Gmenfan87
01-16-2012, 01:44 AM
Gore is the guy to worry about. Don't let SF get their run game going or it will be tough.

Bohemian
01-16-2012, 01:45 AM
he is an amazing talent, but we have dealt with great TEs before. They will need more than Davis playing well to beat us. I think that if we keep a body on him at all times, and don't let him lose in those crossing patterns (like the one he used to spring a TD run after the catch against us in the last game) we should be fine. All in all, I think that our defense matches well against their offense, as they are not a loaded at the WR position like the Saints and Packers. Ginn, Crabtree and Davis are a great set, but we have the depth at DB to match them. As long as our DBs keep up with them long enough for the pass rush to create trouble, that will be the key to dealing with Davis and the niners.

DragonSoul
01-16-2012, 01:45 AM
Boley. He played well vs Davis. Davis broke out after Boley went down, till then we were up.

I do agree a good does of double team would be nice.

JMFP2
01-16-2012, 01:48 AM
4.3 is all i have to say
</P>

By not doing what GreggWilliams did all game; namely the Giants won't need to rush 6 guys constantly and leave everyone in single coverage.</P>

Bohemian
01-16-2012, 01:48 AM
Gore is the guy to worry about. Don't let SF get their run game going or it will be tough.

could not have said it better. Hunter is no joke either, as he is a upcoming talent in the league, kind of reminding me of Ahmad Bradshaw's rookie year. I am hoping that Canty can be fully healthy for next week's game.

GiantFanatic55
01-16-2012, 01:59 AM
Boley, Boley and more Boley

slipknottin
01-16-2012, 02:00 AM
Have LT send him some hookers and blow the night before.

titwio
01-16-2012, 02:03 AM

No man could turn down that offer...lol

mcmatty1984
01-16-2012, 02:11 AM
How did we stop all of the packers weapons, stop being scared. Its our time baby!

gsp3
01-16-2012, 02:20 AM
Don't put him in single man coverage.

The Saints' difficulties vs. Vernon Davis is due to Greg William's blitz mentality and getting over the quarterback. The problem with that? You're leaving one of the best tight ends in single man coverage, and he WILL burn you on that. We cannot doubt Alex Smith or Vernon Davis right now, they're both playing lights out.

I agree put up some double teams on him. We don't have to blitz all the time with our front four, I think if we play good coverage like we did today we can stop the vertical passing attack of the Niners.

Marvelousmik
01-16-2012, 02:24 AM
4.3 is all i have to say

I have a better question.

how do we stop the refs?

WMBG
01-16-2012, 02:33 AM

dude that'll just make him run faster from the drugs and the burning sensation in his groin.

RiceFan49
01-16-2012, 02:39 AM
This feels weird. People usually don't talk about our passing game.

jcurley
01-16-2012, 02:43 AM
Davis will need to be double-covered on all passing downs. I think Boley will be on him most of the game with either phillips or grant over the top. Boley was brilliant today shutting down Finley (4 catches, 37 yards on 9 targets) but he also was a huge factor in their pass rush with 2 sacks, so Davis will likely see some coverage from Williams too when they blitz. As good as Davis was last week, Boley has shut down Gonzalez and Finley in the playoffs and should be able to limit his impact on the game with safety help.

KillaRich
01-16-2012, 02:46 AM
By attacking Alex Smith and attacking him HARD.... You shake Smith up a bit and Davis doesnt touch the ball

Zaggs
01-16-2012, 02:53 AM

I'm not. Last game he only had 40 yards and most (along with his TD) came on 1 big play. The big play happened not because he ran through the coverage, but because of broken coverage. If we generate consistant pressure with the front 4 it will be easier to take care of davis.

davecrazy
01-16-2012, 02:54 AM
Have Osi, Tuck, and JPP knocking the stuffing out of Smith.

RiceFan49
01-16-2012, 03:00 AM

I'm not.* Last game he only had 40 yards and most (along with his TD) came on 1 big play.* The big play happened not because he ran through the coverage, but because of broken coverage.* If we generate consistant pressure with the front 4 it will be easier to take care of davis.

Don't get sucked in the yards gained. We usually have good field position, so our yards gained have always been abysmal. FACT, we've yet to have over 300 yards in passing all season, and look where we're at.

ChrisCalloway1282
01-16-2012, 03:03 AM
Boley and a safety. Their WR do not scare me one bit. Webby will shut down Crabtree, and Williams will be handled by Ross/Prince. And lets give Boley props,. he has been very good this year against the pass AND run, two things they will need come Sunday.

dayeh33
01-16-2012, 03:04 AM
We've been containing really talented tight ends as of late. Keller, Witten, Gonzalez and Finley all didn't have much of an impact