PDA

View Full Version : Tempt Destiny

Elmore253
01-16-2012, 02:03 AM
Get on there and vote people.....we need that billboard!

NYG4lifeNYK
01-16-2012, 02:06 AM
lol

gsp3
01-16-2012, 02:23 AM
You forgot to make your post in red

SweetZombieJesus
01-16-2012, 02:24 AM
NOOOOOOOO Not the billboards!

Elmore253
01-16-2012, 02:26 AM

Why would I make it in red?

We haven't lost a superbowl when we've had it.

mstray92
01-16-2012, 03:27 AM

Why would I make it in red?

We haven't lost a superbowl when we've had it.

+1

gsp3
01-16-2012, 03:34 AM
I'm sorry but if you actually think a billboard will help the Giants win a Superbowl you need to get yourself checked out.

There is no destiny except the one you create yourself. If the Giants play perfect, good football they will win out; having a billboard won't change that.

Elmore253
01-16-2012, 10:31 AM
I'm sorry but if you actually think a billboard will help the Giants win a Superbowl you need to get yourself checked out.

There is no destiny except the one you create yourself. If the Giants play perfect, good football they will win out; having a billboard won't change that.

I don't think it will literally help them win, but I also don't think it will make them lose. It's something fun and is an interactive competition among the fans of teams. I'm a little superstitious.

I don't understand your negativity...if you don't like it, don't participate....no sweat off my back.

mstray92
01-20-2012, 11:56 AM
I can't understand why so many on this board are against the Tempt destiny billboard. We have guys on here burying Giants gnomes in there back yards. People wearing the same Lucky jersey and jeans after every win. Some people not shaving until we win it all. Superstition is rife among NFL fans. You would think after the debacle in 2000 we would take every bit of luck we can get.
Right now the Giants are dead last in voting and the Pats in 1st place.

Voldamort
01-20-2012, 11:59 AM
all in

TuckYou
01-20-2012, 12:08 PM
I'm sorry but if you actually think a billboard will help the Giants win a Superbowl you need to get yourself checked out. There is no destiny except the one you create yourself. If the Giants play perfect, good football they will win out; having a billboard won't change that.</P>

I know right these people are crazy. Billboards, haha. Whatever. We all know that what helps the Giants win is me wearing my game day socks and standing on offense but sitting on defense, while holding a football in my left hand and drinking a sip of beer right before Eli snaps the ball. Thats a proven method. It works and has been working for the past 4 weeks.... Billboards... what a crock.</P>

SweetZombieJesus
01-20-2012, 12:16 PM
I can't understand why so many on this board are against the Tempt destiny billboard.

Because in 2007 7 out of 10 posts here were spam posts for the damned stupid billboard.

Gianthunter
01-20-2012, 12:17 PM
Who's the asswipe that yelled beetlejuice three times? Go get a rabbits foot. Afterall it worked out good for the rabbit right[;)]

mstray92
01-20-2012, 12:45 PM
I can't understand why so many on this board are against the Tempt destiny billboard.

Because in 2007 7 out of 10 posts here were spam posts for the damned stupid billboard.

In 2007 we won the billboard out right and had it up! We won right!

Pakman
01-20-2012, 12:47 PM
I have a routine ...

Firenugget
01-20-2012, 12:55 PM
I have a routine ...

Me too. But I'll never tell.

Eli TO Shockey
01-20-2012, 12:58 PM
wasnt that tempt destiny thing a scam? If I remember correctly the guy tried to screw people over after the superbowl

tdbillboard
01-23-2012, 11:36 AM
You remembered INCORRECTLY. The billboard was created, the Giants won as they did twice before, and the Giants fans were happy of what they accomplished together based on what I read here back then. I find it sad that this gift I did for my fellow Giants fans has been so terribly trashed and ran through the gutter. Talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth... you guys add new meaning to that saying.

However, you'll be happy to know that the Giants organization has informed me today that the 4th Tempt Destiny billboard won by you "loving" fans yesterday has been rejected. Congratulations, you got what you wish for...

bansaw
01-23-2012, 11:39 AM
they rejected it last time too they didnt want to tempt messing up that destiny I guess lol worked well last time

at least we won it again so we got that going for us

what was the slogan on the last sign?

tdbillboard
01-23-2012, 11:45 AM
You should know. It was your slogan.

As far as what, "we got going for us". Obviously you haven't read the home page under the sub title "Superstition or Luck?"

The record speaks for itself.

bansaw
01-23-2012, 11:47 AM

As far as what, "we got going for us". Obviously you haven't read the home page under the sub title "Superstition or Luck?"

I know I should know but goddamn I cant remember for the life of me.....Alzheimers brewing....

bansaw
01-23-2012, 11:50 AM
just hit the site and saw it

Against all the odds - Against all the predictions - Against Perfection

beautiful...that is a nice artwork that one

tdbillboard
01-23-2012, 11:56 AM

I know I should know but goddamn I cant remember for the life of me.....Alzheimers brewing....

OK, I'll bite:

"Against all the odds, against all the predictions, against perfection."

Heck, I even remember you commenting about the "against perfection" part as in , what were you thinking. Oh well, all that does not take away all the derogatory comments made since then for something given freely.

Gianthunter
01-23-2012, 12:01 PM
You remembered INCORRECTLY. The billboard was created, the Giants won as they did twice before, and the Giants fans were happy of what they accomplished together based on what I read here back then. I find it sad that this gift I did for my fellow Giants fans has been so terribly trashed and ran through the gutter. Talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth... you guys add new meaning to that saying.

However, you'll be happy to know that the Giants organization has informed me today that the 4th Tempt Destiny billboard won by you "loving" fans yesterday has been rejected. Congratulations, you got what you wish for...
I distinctly remember this spam being thrown out of TAGF then. As it should be again.

bansaw
01-23-2012, 12:09 PM
its all good man, I like what you do....just got busy and stuff like the Global Financial Crisis and losing a great job and **** got in the way of me remembering. not meant as a diss in any way

Giants are a storied franchise, this voodoo stuff isnt their cup of tea. they just say what my mom used to say

don't go away mad....just go away

kathyp82
01-23-2012, 08:37 PM
Tempt Destiny is not a joke. It's a true representation of fan support. If you are a fan...then you should stand behind it. Those who call it scam or spam...trust me...it's not. Do you support the Giants? Are you willing to do whatever you need to do to give us the edge? If not..Im sorry...Ill just move on,,,it's your loss...Amen

miked1958
01-23-2012, 09:12 PM

That's right 07 forgot all about that

Dorothy
01-23-2012, 09:20 PM

Don't tempt the football gods LOL

mstray92
01-24-2012, 08:12 PM

I do have a question? Yes the billboard has worked for us in the past. I am not one of these fans that's against it. I feel going to a superbowl, You need to be good and have some luck on Your side. But My question is, what about the teams that have never won the billboard, that have won superbowls? Example, last years Packers, the 2008 Steelers, the 2006 Colts, the 2005 Steelers, the 2001, 2003 &amp; 2004 Patriots, The 2000 Ravens. What determined their fate for them to win their superbowls?

Voldamort
01-24-2012, 08:13 PM
why?

loaded30
01-24-2012, 10:24 PM
I just voted. We only have 34 votes. thats unusual. People aren't participating this year i guess.</P>

</P>

tdbillboard
01-25-2012, 08:48 AM
I do have a question? Yes the billboard has worked for us in the past. I am not one of these fans that's against it. I feel going to a superbowl, You need to be good and have some luck on Your side. But My question is, what about the teams that have never won the billboard, that have won superbowls? Example, last years Packers, the 2008 Steelers, the 2006 Colts, the 2005 Steelers, the 2001, 2003 &amp; 2004 Patriots, The 2000 Ravens. What determined their fate for them to win their superbowls?

Excellent question. The answer is direct and indirect choice. The Tempt Destiny experiment is about how direct and indirect choice is used to create a billboard painting in support of a team's SB victory and how that choice predetermines the probability or certainty of the completion of that painting.

This all stems from the fact that we exist as physical beings governed by universal physical laws. As such, we cannot act
in violation of our own physical existence. Therefore, the fact that
we are relegated to making only two types of choices does not infer that
we are an anomaly of nature, rather, we are a reflection of how nature
works. This is not about voodoo or the ignorance of superstition. This is about how pre-physics, selections of potentials, predetermines physical states of existence, i.e., destiny.

Obviously I am only scratching the surface of this topic which I have covered more thoroughly in the Physics of Predetermined Events manuscript published last year.

tdbillboard
01-25-2012, 08:51 AM
After the conclusion of each year's competition, the voting begins anew for next season's competition. The vote you placed was for the 2012 season.

mstray92
01-25-2012, 09:35 AM

Excellent question. The answer is direct and indirect choice. The Tempt Destiny experiment is about how direct and indirect choice is used to create a billboard painting in support of a team's SB victory and how that choice predetermines the probability or certainty of the completion of that painting.

This all stems from the fact that we exist as physical beings governed by universal physical laws. As such, we cannot act
works. This is not about voodoo or the ignorance of superstition. This is about how pre-physics, selections of potentials, predetermines physical states of existence, i.e., destiny.

Obviously I am only scratching the surface of this topic which I have covered more thoroughly in the Physics of Predetermined Events manuscript published last year.

So Let Me ask this? Since The Giants organization rejected the billboard for the 1st time, does that mean the Giants have no shot at winning the game?

kathyp82
01-29-2012, 12:14 AM
This year we won the billboard and once again the Giant's organization turned down the gift. I did my best to make others aware and by contacting the NY Org we might have tipped the bucket.
Like most of you, I don't believe that the billboard will guarantee anything...what it really is is a representation of the people who back the team. Tha't pretty much it in the nut shell.
Would a team for like winning if no one showed up at the stadium in their support? Would they not feel all their work is for naught? This was one way to show our support. Maybe we arent Lux Box or season ticket holders, but we are fans and we want to matter. We should matter. This was just a way of showing that a lot of people matter when it comes to loyal support.
me, for one, is about as disgusted with the NYG front office for turning down a damn gift. And all that being said...i know I'm going to see them win the SB.
Like you all, I voted many times, spent endless hours voting. Do I think they will lose because of not having it...NO. One just need to read the science of the random chance to learn it all. Had the NYG accepted the billboard, it would not have guaranteed a win but it would have put us in a better state of probability. With no billboard, the odds change significantly.

Sorry for ranting...just wanted to put my two words (and then some) in.
3 cheers for all of you who voted.

A true blue fan

Kathy

GIANTfaninFL
01-29-2012, 12:32 AM
This year we won the billboard and once again the Giant's organization turned down the gift. I did my best to make others aware and by contacting the NY Org we might have tipped the bucket.
Like most of you, I don't believe that the billboard will guarantee anything...what it really is is a representation of the people who back the team. Tha't pretty much it in the nut shell.
Would a team for like winning if no one showed up at the stadium in their support? Would they not feel all their work is for naught? This was one way to show our support. Maybe we arent Lux Box or season ticket holders, but we are fans and we want to matter. We should matter. This was just a way of showing that a lot of people matter when it comes to loyal support.
me, for one, is about as disgusted with the NYG front office for turning down a damn gift. And all that being said...i know I'm going to see them win the SB.
Like you all, I voted many times, spent endless hours voting. Do I think they will lose because of not having it...NO. One just need to read the science of the random chance to learn it all. Had the NYG accepted the billboard, it would not have guaranteed a win but it would have put us in a better state of probability. With no billboard, the odds change significantly.

Sorry for ranting...just wanted to put my two words (and then some) in.
3 cheers for all of you who voted.

A true blue fan

Kathy

STFU

Hostetler
01-29-2012, 12:32 AM
I'm sorry but if you actually think a billboard will help the Giants win a Superbowl you need to get yourself checked out. There is no destiny except the one you create yourself. If the Giants play perfect, good football they will win out; having a billboard won't change that.</P>

somebody wash this ones mouth out with soap. </P>

miked1958
01-29-2012, 01:05 AM
Voted

rainierjef
01-29-2012, 01:27 AM
okay.... noob question but what is this tempt destiny billboard you guys are talking about ??? --- okay went to site read history voted

miked1958
01-29-2012, 01:37 AM
Tempt destiny.com

Elmore253
01-29-2012, 02:56 AM
Glad to see my thread caused some debate.

I stand by my comments on the first page.

I believe in destiny, but I do not believe in fate.

Go Giants.

tdbillboard
01-31-2012, 10:23 PM
I do have a question?* Yes the billboard has worked for us in the past. I am not one of these fans that's against it. I feel going to a superbowl, You need to be good and have some luck on Your side.* But My question is, what about the teams that have never won the billboard, that have won superbowls? Example, last years Packers, the 2008 Steelers, the 2006 Colts, the 2005 Steelers, the 2001, 2003 & 2004 Patriots,* The 2000 Ravens.* What determined their fate for them to win their superbowls?

Excellent question. The answer is direct and indirect choice. The Tempt Destiny experiment is about how direct and indirect choice is used to create a billboard painting in support of a team's SB victory and how that choice predetermines the probability or certainty of* the completion of that painting.

So Let Me ask this? Since The Giants organization rejected the billboard for the 1st time, does that mean the Giants have no shot at winning the game?*

After reviewing several scenarios, it all came down to the dichotomy between the fans and their team. I have posted my answer to your question on the news page. http://temptdestiny.com/new.html

Pakman
01-31-2012, 10:46 PM
LOL man.lthe fact that you question some of these fans loyalty to the Giants over a billboard is "comical"

Eli is the reason we will win....ELI MANNING..not a billboard

tdbillboard
01-31-2012, 10:58 PM
LOL man.lthe fact that you question some of these fans loyalty to the Giants over a billboard is "comical"

Eli is the reason we will win....ELI MANNING..not a billboard

Where did I question fan loyalty? Second, where did I say billboards win Super Bowls? If you actually read what I have actually said at the Tempt Destiny site you would know better then to say that.