PDA

View Full Version : Why the 49er's worry me?

RagingBlue
01-16-2012, 05:38 AM
Their defense. Plain and simple. They are playing lights out and we haven't beaten a team this year that is playing their level of defense. We beat two great offenses (Pats and Packers) but not a great defensive team. It's a whole new bowl of wax. We need our defense to get some turnovers and play even better than theirs. I also think they have an advantage on special teams which can mean a lot in the playoffs. We have to have a quick start and put up some points and break their spirits early.

meanseen
01-16-2012, 05:40 AM
yes but their offense is not that good. the giants pass rush will make alex smith look dumb

FearPW52
01-16-2012, 05:45 AM
yes but their offense is not that good. the giants pass rush will make alex smith look dumb

The 49ers offense is surprising. Statistically they don't get a ton of yards. Keep in mind they get a LOT of great field position and short fields because of special teams and turnovers. The 49ers and Saints game will be re-aired on NFL network on Tuesday in its entirety as an NFL instant classic. If you watch, you will see that Drew Brees was not the only one making "Oh wow" throws.

This game will be interesting. Your defense has improved heaps, but so has our offense. Both teams seem to be on a mission. I'm really excited for it, and very happy that we took out the Saints, and you took out the Packers. I was getting real tired of hearing about them non-stop.

RagingBlue
01-16-2012, 05:47 AM

Alex Smith can run for a first down. He has pretty good legs. We need to hit him early and hard and get in his head.

meanseen
01-16-2012, 05:50 AM

Alex Smith can run for a first down. He has pretty good legs. We need to hit him early and hard and get in his head.getting into smith's head shouldnt be a problem as I still do not think he is a super bowl caliber qb. the problem will be stopping gore and covering davis with our slow/very average linebackers

FearPW52
01-16-2012, 05:55 AM

Alex Smith can run for a first down. He has pretty good legs. We need to hit him early and hard and get in his head.getting into smith's head shouldnt be a problem as I still do not think he is a super bowl caliber qb. the problem will be stopping gore and covering davis with our slow/very average linebackers

To be fair, EVERY team has said that. Alex has not once been rattled all season. Even that onslaught from the Ravens on Thanksgiving didn't shake him up. He kept on fighting... and kept getting shoved down, but he didn't quit. He could have left when he was getting booed out of town but he didnt because he felt he had something to prove. So ask yourself, does that sound like a guy who will let some pressure get in his head? It's all he's ever known.

Not to say pressure and sacks are useless, they aren't. But he wont be forced into mistakes just because of early miscues.

AllTuckedUp
01-16-2012, 05:55 AM

We didn't get that much pressure last time. JPP was shut down.

meanseen
01-16-2012, 05:59 AM

To be fair, EVERY team has said that.* Alex has not once been rattled all season.* Even that onslaught from the Ravens on Thanksgiving didn't shake him up.* He kept on fighting... and kept getting shoved down, but he didn't quit.* He could have left when he was getting booed out of town but he didnt because he felt he had something to prove.* So ask yourself, does that sound like a guy who will let some pressure get in his head?* It's all he's ever known.

Not to say pressure and sacks are useless, they aren't.* But he wont be forced into mistakes just because of early miscues.
that is true he is very tough mentally; you have to be to play in this league. Im expecting under 50 total points scored on both sides with hard hitting football. if u can get your team to the nfccg you definitley have skill. Im just much more worried about davis and gore than I am about smith shredding our defense apart

FearPW52
01-16-2012, 06:19 AM
Alex won't "shred" teams because the 49ers just aren't built like that. They attack a weakness and score points. 36 points scored with under 300 yards passing tells you how they play. They are efficient. Alex simply makes team pay when they show him no respect. To beat the Niners you have to be ready for everything, and cannot just focus on one aspect of their offense.

AllTuckedUp
01-16-2012, 06:33 AM
JUSTIN SMITH.

RagingBlue
01-16-2012, 06:41 AM
Matty Ice wasn't cool like Ice after we hit him a few times. Ryan currently has the 2nd lowest turnover percentage in NFL history, second only to Aaron Rodgers. It threw off his timing in his head. He didn't know when he was going to get his clocked cleaned again. His passes weren't as sharp and as on target. You break the QB, you break the rest of the offense.

RagingBlue
01-16-2012, 06:42 AM
JUSTIN SMITH.

He is an animal.

RagingBlue
01-16-2012, 06:44 AM

To be fair, EVERY team has said that.* Alex has not once been rattled all season.* Even that onslaught from the Ravens on Thanksgiving didn't shake him up.* He kept on fighting... and kept getting shoved down, but he didn't quit.* He could have left when he was getting booed out of town but he didnt because he felt he had something to prove.* So ask yourself, does that sound like a guy who will let some pressure get in his head?* It's all he's ever known.

Not to say pressure and sacks are useless, they aren't.* But he wont be forced into mistakes just because of early miscues.
that is true he is very tough mentally; you have to be to play in this league. Im expecting under 50 total points scored on both sides with hard hitting football. if u can get your team to the nfccg you definitley have skill. Im just much more worried about davis and gore than I am about smith shredding our defense apart

If he gets comfortable and finds a wide open Davis then he will shred our defense.

RiceFan49
01-16-2012, 07:14 AM
After all the abuse Alex Smith has been through, I don't think anything can rattle him. You find me a QB that was boo'd at a home game, tormented for an entire season, and still be able to respond in the manner in which he does.

Harooni
01-16-2012, 07:16 AM
After all the abuse Alex Smith has been through, I don't think anything can rattle him. You find me a QB that was boo'd at a home game, tormented for an entire season, and still be able to respond in the manner in which he does.
Eli has done the same

RiceFan49
01-16-2012, 07:20 AM
Really? Was this before you guys went to the Superbowl?

Marvelousmik
01-16-2012, 07:23 AM

The 49ers offense is surprising. Statistically they don't get a ton of yards. Keep in mind they get a LOT of great field position and short fields because of special teams and turnovers. The 49ers and Saints game will be re-aired on NFL network on Tuesday in its entirety as an NFL instant classic. If you watch, you will see that Drew Brees was not the only one making "Oh wow" throws.

This game will be interesting. Your defense has improved heaps, but so has our offense. Both teams seem to be on a mission. I'm really excited for it, and very happy that we took out the Saints, and you took out the Packers. I was getting real tired of hearing about them non-stop.

+1

RagingBlue
01-16-2012, 07:27 AM

Tell that to Rodgers after he needed help getting up after he got hit. Do you remember Montana getting carried off the field after they played the Giants in the playoffs?

RiceFan49
01-16-2012, 07:39 AM
Injuries and being rattled are two different things. I have yet to see Alex Smith lose his cool this season.

bigjeep
01-16-2012, 07:45 AM

YES, now we have two "REAL" football teams playing for the SB. [:D]

RagingBlue
01-16-2012, 07:59 AM
Welcome to the playoffs. The opposing defense is trying to kill you. And don't compare Saints defense to ours.

RiceFan49
01-16-2012, 08:05 AM
Welcome to the playoffs. The opposing defense is trying to kill you. And don't compare Saints defense to ours.

Don't compare the Packer's last ranked defense to ours too. =)

RagingBlue
01-16-2012, 08:12 AM

Don't compare the Packer's last ranked defense to ours too. =)

LOL, I gave the 49er's defense much respect in other posts. Any QB can get rattled, especially if he gets his ribs broken. Alex Smith isn't a robot.

RiceFan49
01-16-2012, 08:18 AM
Sadly, if you read our boards, there's still plenty of Alex haters who'd actually want to see that.

OX1
01-16-2012, 09:10 AM

Sorry, but you squeaked by at home with your O putting up a lot of points against a mid pack Saints D. G-men D dominated the top O (AND THE REFS) in their house. What has your O done recently before this week. Beat up on Stl?? If your O had been playing that way for the last 4 weeks like the giants D, I may agree........

SF O, last 4 games averaged 27.2 points vs a season average of 24 points.

Giants D gave up average of 12.5 points last 4 games vs a season average of 25.

The difference in improvement is not even really close. (and as mentioned, we did not get to beat up on a total scrub in the past month to pad our stats).

Will be a heck of a game either way, but I think the g-men pass rush will be the difference.

OX1
01-16-2012, 09:11 AM
Injuries and being rattled are two different things. I have yet to see Alex Smith lose his cool this season.

6 more days and you will.............

Kruunch
01-16-2012, 09:16 AM
Sadly, if you read our boards, there's still plenty of Alex haters who'd actually want to see that.

ROFL you should see the Eli back-and-forth we get here ALL-OF-THE-TIME.

It's like watching a schizophrenic argue with himself.