PDA

View Full Version : Eli's turnovers are a cancer

daynemustgo
12-29-2010, 04:08 PM
One more year for him to fix this mess or NY should get rid of him. Let him throw 30 TDs and have 30 turnovers for somone else.

YATittle1962
12-29-2010, 04:13 PM
One more year for him to fix this mess or NY should get rid of him. Let him throw 30 TDs and have 30 turnovers for somone else.

Eli will retire a Giant

but wish away

TroyArcher
12-29-2010, 04:17 PM
One more year for him to fix this mess or NY should get rid of him. Let him throw 30 TDs and have 30 turnovers for somone else.</P>

Not just Eli. RB's fumble too much, receivers deflect instead of catch too many passes and too many times make the wrong adjustment. A healthy Steve Smith and the Giants are most likely 11-4 right now. </P>

ANON837
12-29-2010, 04:18 PM
I see many posts on the board throwing either Eli or the receivers under the bus for the offensive miscues. We don't know the playbook so its a little difficult to know who was in "the wrong." People like to look at the INT number and say that the receivers are mainly to blame. But then you look at the TD number and then people praise Eli from now till eternity. Who was Eli throwing those TD's to? Those same receivers. Its a little confusing I say we chalk it up to the QB-receiver battery needs to be better prepared and more in-sync.

TheReal_LT
12-29-2010, 04:21 PM
I would like to see Gilbride go....

NYG4lifeNYK
12-29-2010, 04:26 PM
If he only had 15 &amp; were in the playoffs you wouldn't be saying much..

You can discredit Eli all you want but place blame on the receiving core(which includes RB's) because they're a big part of that cancer.

lawl
12-29-2010, 04:28 PM
<FONT size=6>If he only had 15 &amp; were in the playoffs you wouldn't be saying much..

</FONT>You can discredit Eli all you want but place blame on the receiving core(which includes RB's) because they're a big part of that cancer.
</P>

But he doesn't and we currently aren't. If Bradshaw never fumbled this year noone would be on his case. Do you realize how dumb it is to bring up random "ifs"</P>

daynemustgo
12-29-2010, 04:29 PM
If he only had 15 & were in the playoffs you wouldn't be saying much..

You can discredit Eli all you want but place blame on the receiving core(which includes RB's) because they're a big part of that cancer.

no more apologizing for him
no more rationalizing his mistakes
no more excuses

Chaosist
12-29-2010, 04:32 PM
If he only had 15 &amp; were in the playoffs you wouldn't be saying much..

</P>

As much as I'd like to come to the defense of Eli with the interceptions, even if you magically made all the ones that weren't necessarily his fault disappear, he's still turned the ball over too much this year.</P>

I know guys like the OP are idiots, but Eli definitely took a step back in his decision making process this year. There were probably at least 10 picks that happened when Eli should have just thrown the ball away. That's the frustrating thing about Eli this season. I really like Eli, but he's just got to be smarter with the ball and not force things when the play just isn't there or the game situation doesn't dictate it.</P>

nygpolishpunk
12-29-2010, 04:38 PM
Calling something a cancer doesn't make you cool. Cancer is a serious disease that affects millions of people every year. I'm sure many of us on these boards had our lives affected by it in one way or another. I, for one, don't appreciate naming a football term that's a part of the game after a serious disease like that.

Turnovers overall are a part of football. They're not a disease. They're something you try to eliminate or at the very least minimize, but they're still a part of the game no matter what. They're not a disease.

&lt;/rant&gt;

Bud Bottle
12-29-2010, 05:20 PM
If he only had 15 & were in the playoffs you wouldn't be saying much..

</P>

As much as I'd like to come to the defense of Eli with the interceptions, even if you magically made all the ones that weren't necessarily his fault disappear, he's still turned the ball over too much this year.</P>

I know guys like the OP are idiots, but Eli definitely took a step back in his decision making process this year. There were probably at least 10 picks that happened when Eli should have just thrown the ball away. That's the frustrating thing about Eli this season. I really like Eli, but he's just got to be smarter with the ball and not force things when the play just isn't there or the game situation doesn't dictate it.</P>

It's got to be hard on him to just throw it away and punt. He know's our D cant stop anyone. He has to force throws, throw into double coverage, etc... anything to give us a shot.

YATittle1962
12-29-2010, 05:26 PM
Calling something a cancer doesn't make you cool. Cancer is a serious disease that affects millions of people every year. I'm sure many of us on these boards had our lives affected by it in one way or another. I, for one, don't appreciate naming a football term that's a part of the game after a serious disease like that.

Turnovers overall are a part of football. They're not a disease. They're something you try to eliminate or at the very least minimize, but they're still a part of the game no matter what. They're not a disease.

</rant>

I agree